Dynamis - Nothing drops
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 24 25 26
 Sylph.Liltrouble
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-05-10 13:59:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Brysky said:
So attestation NMs are popped by triggers now? Are they random drops or to pop say Mildanugex(sp?) The h2h/katana/gun do I get the pop from nin or Mnk NM IN Glacier or are they from city zone bosses now? And anyone know how this effects trials? 4/5 till 90 spharai
I've been looking for information as well with regards to this. I've found nothing but what's been posted here. Just gonna be a trial and error until something shows on wiki. I hope dynamisbums updates as well, I loved that site.
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-05-10 14:02:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, Some1 good at maps should make a new Dyna maps cuz the old ones went to hell.

Can you check ur map in dyna btw?
 Leviathan.Alkalinejoe
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Alkalinejoe 2011-05-10 14:06:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know if the mobs are still closely packed together or are more spread out? I was thinking about going out on DNC and trying to solo some relic/currency since everyone I know still hates dyna.
 Bismarck.Faelar
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-05-10 14:07:07
Link | Quote | Reply

How lowman/solo friendly is Dyna now with these new changes? I read somewhere that you can sneak/invis by everything but NMs, and saw Screenshots of THF's soloing normal mobs... If this is true, I'm going to be in Dyna Xarc everyday til I get my RDM hat, THF hands, and DRG head lolol
 Asura.Jaybezz
Server: Asura
By Asura.Jaybezz 2011-05-10 14:07:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinomaru said:
Well, Some1 good at maps should make a new Dyna maps cuz the old ones went to hell.

Can you check ur map in dyna btw?

nope still no map for this area
 Diabolos.Fattynoob
Server: Diabolos
user: xprophetx
By Diabolos.Fattynoob 2011-05-10 14:08:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Lots of af dropped. 5 currency, and we got 6x odious pop items and a few chapter 1 pop items off stats we popped with a bijou, we didnt have time to find where they went. will update any more info from todays try/run.
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2011-05-10 14:10:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Zandra said:
Gear drops pretty easily it seems but currency doesn't.

So didn't anyone at SE have enough common sense to foresee that once everyone has their gear (which will happen very quickly), no one will spam for coins (especially if they don't drop)?

Dumbasses....

Everyone except idiots (or those with no friends ?) have had their dynamais drops for years bro. I don't see the point of wasting time doing this unlike they are planning dramatic improvement to relics in the future which we won't know until months.
[+]
 Asura.Planet
user: Jovant
By Asura.Planet 2011-05-10 14:11:02
Link | Quote | Reply

ok i did Beaucedine yesterday and yes attestation drop NM are poped. there are "???" within there designated tower. we have gotten 3 of the same pops for one of the towers (we couldnt find out which tower not enough time) from hydra mobs around an existing tower only thing is the hydra mobs around that tower seems as if they wasnt dropping the item that was used for the tower they were populating. but i am 100% confident in saying that the best chance of getting a pop item for a attest NM u have to kill hydras around a tower, only thing im not sure about is maybe the hydras around towers drop pop items but they are used for a different towers in the zone.

low man and or solo is VERY doable... if that particular area isnt populated by people already u have to keep in mind that other people can enter and increase the strength of mobs in zone. this things con as easy prey if no one has touched them and they spawn pretty fast. the group i went with yesterday was 12 men deep but everyone was basically on there on mobs. are very spread to pull singles u can sneak & invis so we can travel all over dynamis without getting arrgo.

edit: hydra mobs con as tough to begin with and there pretty hard to solo.
[+]
 Valefor.Forgotten
Server: Valefor
user: Forg
By Valefor.Forgotten 2011-05-10 15:13:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said:
Valefor.Forgotten said:
Ugh, stagger crap in dynamis?...It really is abyssea fantasy XI now.

Its not that bad.

The Trigger system is a good idea. It gives players a strategic grip on controlling drops, or in some cases other things (i.E Red on Shinryu @~10% if you're killing without brew to zerg it down).

Now they seem to be expanding what can trigger to give a lot of jobs new uses. Even if it feels "Forced", they're given reasons to bring jobs you normally wouldn't bring.

Off you now.

This thread I've noticed as someone mentioned, does feel a lot like Abyssea at first. mass confusion, shitty drops, etc. Once we figure out Trigger/NMs/etc The drop rates might not seem so bad.

People are reporting most NMs seem to drop 100 pieces, a Group could technically just farm NMs in a zone and get a shot at 100 pieces.

Plus there are multiple new harder spawned NMs that might also have decent currency drop rate.

I think right now, Currency is going to suck, but once we figure out the new Dynamis, It'll become easier for most, the best bet for Currency will probably be farming NMs, and best bet for Relic will be normal mobs.

Bismarck.Rinomaru said:
Valefor.Forgotten said:
Ugh, stagger crap in dynamis?...It really is abyssea fantasy XI now.
WoE had staggers first, as well.

Conveniently forgotten facts #1
WoE is easy to forget, I detested it and never went back. And Its not I think that the stagger system blows its just that it feels they are copying abyssea mechanics onto everything even if they change what triggers what. Its like how they copy pasted "new" zones with very minor terrain changes for both WotG and Abyssea.

I heard voidwatch is mainly the same crap we already fought to...Please tell me that isn't so >.<
 Cerberus.Leoxtribal
Server: Cerberus
user: Nixvalley
By Cerberus.Leoxtribal 2011-05-10 16:13:32
Link | Quote | Reply

from what im told, Dreamlands hasnt changed right?
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-10 16:14:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Leoxtribal said:
from what im told, Dreamlands hasnt changed right?

Yeah, you still need to purchase the hourglass for 500k for Dreamlands
 Cerberus.Leoxtribal
user: Nixvalley
By Cerberus.Leoxtribal 2011-05-10 16:31:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you
 Sylph.Pwrlessgirl
user: Pwrless
By Sylph.Pwrlessgirl 2011-05-10 17:01:15
Link | Quote | Reply

The Good:
I have well over 100 pieces of Dyna AF and 400+ coins.

The Bad:
Most of these need +1 upgrade... so there goes all my currency and future countless hours of DIE-NAMIS!

The Ugly:
Thank you S.E. you have suceeded admirably In making my dynamis upgrading road a Full time job.

My consolation: Continue crafting to save the gil to buy Overpriced dynamis currency (since drop rates have nerfed)

PWR ><
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-10 17:08:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Why upgrade over 100 pieces of Dyna AF, are you on a crusade to HQ them all?
[+]
 Ifrit.Genzousou
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Genzousou 2011-05-10 17:10:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Xp ba
Odin.Sheelay said:
I wonder if exp band will work in there XD

XP Bands do work in there - tried it myself
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-10 17:36:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Genzousou said:
Xp ba
Odin.Sheelay said:
I wonder if exp band will work in there XD

XP Bands do work in there - tried it myself

Hahah cool, thanks ! XD
 Leviathan.Alkalinejoe
By Leviathan.Alkalinejoe 2011-05-10 17:50:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:

So didn't anyone at SE have enough common sense to foresee that once everyone has their gear (which will happen very quickly), no one will spam for coins (especially if they don't drop)?

Dumbasses....

Everyone except idiots (or those with no friends ?) have had their dynamais drops for years bro. I don't see the point of wasting time doing this unlike they are planning dramatic improvement to relics in the future which we won't know until months.
Except people who leveled new jobs? Besides, on the timeline chart there is Dynamis Adjustments II on it.
[+]
 Unicorn.Leoheart
Server: Unicorn
user: Leoheart
By Unicorn.Leoheart 2011-05-10 17:55:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Just got an M.Silverpiece, 15 singles, a Shrouded Bijou, about 5 AF (no rdm hat :< ), a lot odious pop items, bravura & Kikoku fragments.
 Cerberus.Zandra
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2011-05-10 17:56:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:

Dumbasses....

Everyone didn't have their dynamis gear already, lines were always long for THF hands or RDM hat. Not to mention all the NEWLY leveled jobs that most ppl have now because they can just go into aby and burn them strait up to 90, and the people who never did it in the first place.

I wish you would just stop talking.....
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-05-10 17:58:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Leoheart said:
Just got an M.Silverpiece, 15 singles, a Shrouded Bijou, about 5 AF (no rdm hat :< ), a lot odious pop items, bravura & Kikoku fragments.

Got dchap for my lolmule with a gimp *** RDM duo earlier :P
Think we got like 3 singles and 4 af, just killing the mobs at the start.
Gonna go deeper and try some nms next time, just rushed in before the emergency maint earlier >_>
 Unicorn.Leoheart
By Unicorn.Leoheart 2011-05-10 17:59:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Unicorn.Leoheart said:

Gonna go deeper and try some nms next time, just rushed in before the emergency maint earlier >_>

We got the M.silverpiece off of Count vine if it counts for anything, maybe they've made it so 100's can only drop off of the nms, I could be wrong, and we might've been incredibly lucky.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-05-10 18:03:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Leoheart said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Unicorn.Leoheart said:

We got the M.silverpiece off of Count vine if it counts for anything, maybe they've made it so 100's can only drop off of the nms, I could be wrong, and we might've been incredibly lucky.

Guess we'll know for sure in about a week, atleast people can test this every day, and not twice a week!
 Unicorn.Leoheart
By Unicorn.Leoheart 2011-05-10 18:10:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Unicorn.Leoheart said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Unicorn.Leoheart said:

Guess we'll know for sure in about a week, atleast people can test this every day, and not twice a week!

Lol I know right, Atleast I know now I can go out and solo the EP stuff for a chance at Dchap :)
 Bismarck.Kyokaku
user: subakyo
By Bismarck.Kyokaku 2011-05-10 18:25:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay. this is VERY important

Please listen;

We found a way to nearly always proc in dynamis. We don't know what the conditions are for this, however.

The following moves are 100% confirmed to proc red OR yellow. We saw no blue.

Zone: Dynamis-Bastok

Earth Shot - Red
Light Shot - Red
Stun - Yellow
Provoke - Yellow and Red
Shadow of Death - Yellow
Flash - Yellow
Holy - Red
Red Lotus Blade - Red
Numbing Shot - Red
Dispel - Red
Sanguine Blade - Red
Banish II - Red
Blind II - Red
Ground Strike - Red

------------------------

These moves do NOT need to be clean.
They were done during TP moves or 2hr animation.

We entered on Darksday, which would fit a light-fire-dark pattern.
But there were some odd-ball spells or abilities.

Also...

Provoke counted for 2 different procs on different NMs. Perhaps other conditions affect it.

Procing GREATLY increases currency yeild.

We recieved 2-3 bynes per mob we killed with a stagger, (and we could stagger almost everyone blindly)

and it helps NMs drop pop items.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-05-10 18:27:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kyokaku said:

Please listen;

We found a way to nearly always proc in dynamis. We don't know what the conditions are for this, however.

Earth Shot - Red
Light Shot - Red
Stun - Yellow
Provoke - Yellow and Red
Shadow of Death - Yellow
Flash - Yellow
Holy - Red
Red Lotus Blade - Red
Numbing Shot - Red
Dispel - Red
Sanguine Blade - Red
Banish II - Red
Blind II - Red
Ground Strike - Red

------------------------

Also...

Provoke counted for 2 different procs on different NMs. Perhaps other conditions affect it.

We recieved 2-3 bynes per mob we killed with a stagger, (and we could stagger almost everyone blindly)

So basicly, everybody spam everything they have of spells\ja\ws on every mob?
 Bismarck.Kyokaku
user: subakyo
By Bismarck.Kyokaku 2011-05-10 18:28:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, thats basically what we did lol.
By FFDoug 2011-05-10 20:47:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Just did dynamis- xarc duo thf+ rdm, got a total of 9 af drops including rdm and thf! (about time). Thf dropped on last mob with 30 seconds left before we got booted out. Last mob also dropped our only coin in the whole run.
 Cerberus.Liandaru
user: Liandrian
By Cerberus.Liandaru 2011-05-10 20:55:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Just did Bastok. Mobs everywhere, statues gone. I don't know if they got the win or not, I left. The mobs were densely populated and repopped as fast as we could kill them. Went in attempting "old school" strategy. No longer works. Need to find camps to kill them or something. Or just go straight for the Nms.
 Asura.Planet
user: Jovant
By Asura.Planet 2011-05-11 02:28:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kyokaku said:

Please listen;

Earth Shot - Red
Light Shot - Red
Stun - Yellow
Provoke - Yellow and Red
Shadow of Death - Yellow
Flash - Yellow
Holy - Red
Red Lotus Blade - Red
Numbing Shot - Red
Dispel - Red
Sanguine Blade - Red
Banish II - Red
Blind II - Red
Ground Strike - Red

------------------------

Also...

Just to add rdm in group did paralyze II and proced yellow
 Sylph.Sukasaroth
By Sylph.Sukasaroth 2011-05-11 02:47:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont see this dyna thing going too well... Couldnt stagger anything and onyl got 3 coins for the full run.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 24 25 26