Dynamis - Nothing drops
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 24 25 26
 Bismarck.Veruna
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Veruna
By Bismarck.Veruna 2011-05-10 04:43:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Just did a Dynamis-Sandy with Myself(THF-TH5), a WHM65 and a BLU70. We killed about 25 mobs or so, give or take. We got 3-4 AF, 5 NPC items and 0 Coins.
 Phoenix.Uzugami
Server: Phoenix
user: SSJAV
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-05-10 04:43:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Khimaira said:
Phoenix.Uzugami said:
So it seems procing weakness increases drop rates of ***, Proc'd blue(From what party said, I removed those effects)walked away with about...about...18~? relic drops and about 9~11 pieces of currency (We didn't bring a THF because he wanted to play with almace.) Cleared boss and appears that NMs are lotto spawn off normal mobs now. Kill a group of them and an NM'll repop in the group randomly. Statues drop TE's, NMs drop 100's/Pop items for ***; We got one of the attesttation pops 2 zone boss pops and a pop item off the zone boss.

I killed one Kindred thief on the hill between the eyes and RDM tower. I went up to BLM tower and when I came back Count Raum was up. Got my THF hands :D possibly the NMs are lottery off of regular demons of the same job?

Possibly, would make sense :o We killed a shitload of orcs in Glacier for someone's win so we can do xarcbard tomorrow, so we'll probably do more testing rather than dicking around like we did. (We farmed TE's/100's and went sight-seeing seeing what was fixed/*** up/etc)
 Phoenix.Princessrin
By Phoenix.Princessrin 2011-05-10 05:01:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Uzugami said:
Shiva.Khimaira said:
Phoenix.Uzugami said:
So it seems procing weakness increases drop rates of ***, Proc'd blue(From what party said, I removed those effects)walked away with about...about...18~? relic drops and about 9~11 pieces of currency (We didn't bring a THF because he wanted to play with almace.) Cleared boss and appears that NMs are lotto spawn off normal mobs now. Kill a group of them and an NM'll repop in the group randomly. Statues drop TE's, NMs drop 100's/Pop items for ***; We got one of the attesttation pops 2 zone boss pops and a pop item off the zone boss.

I killed one Kindred thief on the hill between the eyes and RDM tower. I went up to BLM tower and when I came back Count Raum was up. Got my THF hands :D possibly the NMs are lottery off of regular demons of the same job?

Possibly, would make sense :o We killed a shitload of orcs in Glacier for someone's win so we can do xarcbard tomorrow, so we'll probably do more testing rather than dicking around like we did. (We farmed TE's/100's and went sight-seeing seeing what was fixed/*** up/etc)
tomorrow,
We should try DL for the lawls after we finish farming , paco.
 Ragnarok.Tuvae
Server: Ragnarok
user: Tuvae
By Ragnarok.Tuvae 2011-05-10 05:46:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Raelia said:
You will never see Tuvae's Avatar the same way after this.
Rofl thats awesome! Stan is awesome..
[+]
 Ragnarok.Tuvae
By Ragnarok.Tuvae 2011-05-10 05:48:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Also drop rates suck ***. 1hour 40 of xarc and we got bout 8 coins and 1 AF
[+]
 Leviathan.Kajii
Server: Leviathan
user: Kajii
By Leviathan.Kajii 2011-05-10 05:59:18
Link | Quote | Reply

^Odd, just went RDM+THF and got SMN PLD NIN(yesssss) BRD in an hour. Something like 5 coins or so too.
 Gilgamesh.Jabel
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Jabel
By Gilgamesh.Jabel 2011-05-10 06:26:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Just finished Dyna-Xarc with like 12-14 ppl. Can confirm the currency drop rate is nerfed BADLY and needs fixing. Armor drops were quite good: 4 NIN hands, 3 AA, and about 10 others in 1:40min or so of farming.

Once our 2 THFs left we got 0 currency drops, and only 1 armor drop, so make sure you have a THF if you want drops.

We proc'd Blue on a few mobs, but it didn't seem to effect the drop rate. Never got Yellow, so I can't speak to that.
 Phoenix.Hellcatt
user: hellcatt
By Phoenix.Hellcatt 2011-05-10 06:38:22
Link | Quote | Reply

when ur proc ing blue are u getting hints some how or are u just doing it at random
 Alexander.Inuyasha
Server: Alexander
user: Inuyasha
By Alexander.Inuyasha 2011-05-10 07:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

dyd dynamis-Xarc got two coins DRK BST PLD MNK BLU...I think we do=idnt have enough TH with just one THF on all mobs and we where killing kinda slow at 7 people :/

gunna try multiple THF and two PLD's next time <_< >_>

Edit: you can proc !! now? and do the TE statues just randomly pop now? we got like one MP stat and two HP ones just camping the entrance to xarc but no TE's :/
 Ragnarok.Tuvae
By Ragnarok.Tuvae 2011-05-10 07:33:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Inuyasha said:
dyd dynamis-Xarc got two coins DRK BST PLD MNK BLU...I think we do=idnt have enough TH with just one THF on all mobs and we where killing kinda slow at 7 people :/

gunna try multiple THF and two PLD's next time <_< >_>

Edit: you can proc !! now? and do the TE statues just randomly pop now? we got like one MP stat and two HP ones just camping the entrance to xarc but no TE's :/
We found 3 TEs, two 10mins and one 20mins. One is a yag stat otw to the NM towers, another is a prototype eye to the NW when you enter, its guarded quite well, but can invis and just run there. And one near the eye wall. Couldnt find the last one though
 Cerberus.Zandra
Server: Cerberus
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2011-05-10 08:36:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Gear drops pretty easily it seems but currency doesn't.

So didn't anyone at SE have enough common sense to foresee that once everyone has their gear (which will happen very quickly), no one will spam for coins (especially if they don't drop)?

Dumbasses....
[+]
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-05-10 08:39:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Zandra said:

So didn't anyone at SE have enough common sense to foresee that once everyone has their gear (which will happen very quickly), no one will spam for coins (especially if they don't drop)?

Dumbasses....

They're making it like Abyssea pretty much, have to exploit weaknesses to get drops. We got a good amount of currency (For the mobs we fought, anyway) from staggering them randomly.
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2011-05-10 08:44:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Since apperently we can proc !! in dynamis, maybe just maybe we should figure out the new system of it before we rage. Thats just my opinion though.
[+]
 Cerberus.Zandra
By Cerberus.Zandra 2011-05-10 09:07:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Uzugami said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:

Dumbasses....

They're making it like Abyssea pretty much, have to exploit weaknesses to get drops. We got a good amount of currency (For the mobs we fought, anyway) from staggering them randomly.

What color did you proc?
How much currency did you get?
How many mobs did you proc?
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-05-10 09:09:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Zandra said:
Phoenix.Uzugami said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:

Dumbasses....

What color did you proc?
Blue apperrently.
10~11 or so? It's in the pervious spots.
3 mobs, it's completely random. Was a blue spell with CA active, Aspir and something else on our mule account. It's completely random, no hints what-so-ever. It's not for sure 100% yet, but everytime we proc'd we got currency. Other pieces were on like every~10th? mob or something like that on the way to the zone boss. Where as every staggered mob dropped a coin. And we staggered back-to-back.
 Cerberus.Zandra
By Cerberus.Zandra 2011-05-10 09:16:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Uzugami said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:
Phoenix.Uzugami said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:

Dumbasses....

What color did you proc?
Blue apperrently.
3 mobs, it's completely random. Was a blue spell with CA active, Aspir and something else on our mule account. It's completely random, no hints what-so-ever.

Right so you proc-ed with a blu spell and you got 1 drop, there was no hint or no way to anticipate it. Forgive me if I don't hold my breath for the torrents of money that are about to (not) pour in.
[+]
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-05-10 09:49:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Zandra said:
Phoenix.Uzugami said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:
Phoenix.Uzugami said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:

Dumbasses....

What color did you proc?
Blue apperrently.
3 mobs, it's completely random. Was a blue spell with CA active, Aspir and something else on our mule account. It's completely random, no hints what-so-ever.

Right so you proc-ed with a blu spell and you got 1 drop, there was no hint or no way to anticipate it. Forgive me if I don't hold my breath for the torrents of money that are about to (not) pour in.

Up to you, but the fact that they revamped dynamis completely, and 3 groups of us did this and we started to get money is just samples. Not saying 100% OMG IF YOU PROC THIS YOU'LL GET ***. Just saying the way it seems is that if you proc ***on NMs, (Which is still random) you'll probably be more likely to see 100's rather than without it. *shrug* Take it with a grain of salt.
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2011-05-10 10:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else remember how people reacted when abyssea was first releaced? It was pritty much the same as this, everyone was unhappy in the first couple days because it was impossible to get stuff done... then by the end of the week once we started figureing stuff out it got easier. All i'm saying is as it stands at most people have had 2 hours of dynamis time since the update, alot less on average because a large ammount have tryed soloing it or just went in and dicked around. Untill some actual testing has gone down with this i'm gunna hold back on making any harsh judgments. I meen a dedicated group can build an emp weapon in what a week? 2 weeks?... It went to this from people moaning that the only people who would ever get them were the leaders and people with no life >.>
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-05-10 11:40:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Some NMs are definitely lotto.

Phoenix.Hellcatt said:
when ur proc ing blue are u getting hints some how or are u just doing it at random

Seems Random. Not sure what it effects either
 Fenrir.Unaisis
Server: Fenrir
user: Sansui
By Fenrir.Unaisis 2011-05-10 12:29:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Just did a sandy run~ 4 people, 1:10, AF = war,blu,2drg,pup,brd,rdm, 2 relic katana and 5 Currency. had thf
 Bismarck.Aena
user: Phoenixe
By Bismarck.Aena 2011-05-10 12:40:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you suppose the staggering has anything to do with the monsters' jobs vs. what triggers staggering on them? It would be nice to collect info on what skills caused staggering on which monsters, as well as whether or not you can proc twice with the same ability; maaaybe even keep track of the game day or time - stuff that we can kind of derive from learning about Abyssea, but not excluding other possibilities. I'm thinking possibly even the number of skills used on a monster, the variety of skills used on the monster, etc. I'll have an experiment group of LS members going in later today if people are free, so if we stagger anything on the run, I'll be sure to record details and post.
 Valefor.Forgotten
Server: Valefor
user: Forg
By Valefor.Forgotten 2011-05-10 13:28:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ugh, stagger crap in dynamis?...It really is abyssea fantasy XI now.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-05-10 13:35:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Forgotten said:
WoE had staggers first, as well.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-05-10 13:37:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had to assure my dyna ls that we WOULD NOT be disbanding or breaking the shell because of this update. I found it amusing after the update though that the zones were all occupied by 1-4 people. The few that I knew that went met with extremely limited success and was abashed that they suffered more downtime from meddding than actual farming. I had to laugh at their dismay. How could you expect otherwise? I suspect that the horrible count of currency drops will dramatically increase the price (which I have been saying all along). I have thf7 and normally pull, but I think I'll be training another to pull, so I may actually be able to concentrate more on procing the actual mobs.
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-05-10 13:37:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Forgotten said:

Its not that bad.

The Trigger system is a good idea. It gives players a strategic grip on controlling drops, or in some cases other things (i.E Red on Shinryu @~10% if you're killing without brew to zerg it down).

Now they seem to be expanding what can trigger to give a lot of jobs new uses. Even if it feels "Forced", they're given reasons to bring jobs you normally wouldn't bring.

Off you now.

This thread I've noticed as someone mentioned, does feel a lot like Abyssea at first. mass confusion, shitty drops, etc. Once we figure out Trigger/NMs/etc The drop rates might not seem so bad.

People are reporting most NMs seem to drop 100 pieces, a Group could technically just farm NMs in a zone and get a shot at 100 pieces.

Plus there are multiple new harder spawned NMs that might also have decent currency drop rate.

I think right now, Currency is going to suck, but once we figure out the new Dynamis, It'll become easier for most, the best bet for Currency will probably be farming NMs, and best bet for Relic will be normal mobs.

Bismarck.Rinomaru said:
Valefor.Forgotten said:

Conveniently forgotten facts #1
[+]
 Alexander.Gib
user: Gib
By Alexander.Gib 2011-05-10 13:38:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Did a Dynamis Bastok yesterday with a PUP and me as DNC, got COR, DRK, SAMx2 and 2 Byne bills, lol.
 Alexander.Gib
user: Gib
By Alexander.Gib 2011-05-10 13:44:25
Link | Quote | Reply

personally I love the stagger system, makes drops more based on skill and job diversity then just dumb luck.

or did you prefer the days when there were like only 3-5 different jobs ever used -_-
 Valefor.Jaypea
Server: Valefor
user: Rodders89
By Valefor.Jaypea 2011-05-10 13:50:35
Link | Quote | Reply

So if we are able to proc stuff outside of abyssea now, any one found anything in their logs for hints? do they follow the same system as abyssea based on WS/spells etc?
 Sylph.Brysky
Server: Sylph
user: brysky
By Sylph.Brysky 2011-05-10 13:55:03
Link | Quote | Reply

So attestation NMs are popped by triggers now? Are they random drops or to pop say Mildanugex(sp?) The h2h/katana/gun do I get the pop from nin or Mnk NM IN Glacier or are they from city zone bosses now? And anyone know how this effects trials? 4/5 till 90 spharai
 Asura.Jaybezz
By Asura.Jaybezz 2011-05-10 13:57:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said:
Valefor.Forgotten said:

Its not that bad.

The Trigger system is a good idea, Regardless of how you feel about it. It gives players a strategic grip on controlling drops, or in some cases other things (i.E Red on Shinryu @~10% if you're killing without brew to zerg it down).

Now they seem to be expanding what can trigger to give a lot of jobs new uses. Even if it feels "Forced", they're given reasons to bring jobs you normally wouldn't bring.

Off you now.

This thread I've noticed as someone mentioned, does feel a lot like Abyssea at first. mass confusion, shitty drops, etc. Once we figure out Trigger/NMs/etc The drop rates might not seem so bad.

People are reporting most NMs seem to drop 100 pieces, a Group could technically just farm NMs in a zone and get a shot at 100 pieces.

Plus there are multiple new harder spawned NMs that might also have decent currency drop rate.

I think right now, Currency is going to suck, but once we figure out the new Dynamis, It'll become easier for most, the best bet for Currency will probably be farming NMs, and best bet for Relic will be normal mobs.

Bismarck.Rinomaru said:
Valefor.Forgotten said:

Conveniently forgotten facts #1

couldnt of said it better myself... every1 should remember the first 2 months of abyssea when we were still getting to grips with RED GELLOW BLU triggers

from my own exp i remember killin chukwa about 10+ times on rdm/nin for pld neck.... NOW i can go out and kill the thing in 5 mins max and trigger blue and get drop(more o less)....

5 mins > 4-5hrs

also the NM's "will" be the currency income from dynamis. 1 "good" geared 6-8 man group will destroy the NM's + farm the pop items.
example (SAM WAR MNK BRD BRD WHM,PLD RDM)
(pld for NM's? going ghetto i know but might as well lawl :P)

also u can 1 shot the TE's in the zones with a WS or a nuke, so 1 person can farm them.

TE's for xarc only found 2 so far

TE 1 is at rdm/brdrng tower
TE 2 is south behind "death wall" area

feel free 2 add the other 4 i have missed ^^

all in all with repop times of TE's at 60 seconds + the fact tresure is ur party and not WoE style, i can see dynamis being more active than it was.... due 2 not costing 500k and u buy/sell popable items(there R/E whatever... u can still buy/sell them) that an other reason.

also just 2 add this in drg might be more useful outside of abyssea now, instead of being just a angon *** for DL ^^
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 24 25 26