Link | Quote | Reply

Drama already at page 3? :o
[+]
 Phoenix.Ingraham
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Ingraham 2011-04-08 11:59:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Or I could be totally wrong and they really are going full Aztec here like what you're all getting at (dem feathers).

Bird chick could be Quetzalcoatl easily. FF always takes artistic liberties with mythology (Shiva, masculine God of Destruction with a laser beam in his third eye = Shiva, sexy queen of ice?) but it's a possibility.
[+]
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2011-04-08 12:02:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Ingraham said:
Let's try to lay off the meta-discussions here, it's clogging up potential Gilgameshism.

That mob is likely to be Gilgamesh, or an homage at least (Pirate Gilgamesh throws everything off here). Voidwalking?

On the other hand, I'm still sticking with the whole "hindu" thing. Our multi-armed friend could easily be an Asura, another vague FF figure yet to be seen in FFXI aside from a server name.

Win-win situation, could be a shout out to both at the same time.

It very well could be, but generally Asura is shown having multiple faces, while this new NM only has one.
 Cerberus.Halfpint
Server: Cerberus
user: Halfpint
By Cerberus.Halfpint 2011-04-08 12:19:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said:
Drama already at page 3? :o
lol.. is elan and flion on the same post..and someone else with an axe to grind....what do you expect...
 Leviathan.Bassclef
Server: Leviathan
user: Bassclef
By Leviathan.Bassclef 2011-04-08 12:43:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Arck said:
Lakshmi.Ashido said:

Any one else think of mortal kombat?

Actually thats probably Ghilgamesh
considering he is in every ff game has more than two arms and is generally a badass

Also finally some new content that won't be Abyssea all the *** time.

I don't know... I, too, wish that mob was Gilgamesh, but after looking upon it some more an idea came to me. The four great katanas the mob is holding is a texture swap of Masamune and the armor is more reminiscent of Samurai Empyrean armor. Perhaps players will engage Empyrean armors inhabited by spirits or simply these mobs are what inspired our Abyssean armor sets (plot-wise)?
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Brixy 2011-04-08 12:54:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Bassclef said:
Fairy.Arck said:
Lakshmi.Ashido said:

Actually thats probably Ghilgamesh
considering he is in every ff game has more than two arms and is generally a badass

Also finally some new content that won't be Abyssea all the *** time.

I don't know... I, too, wish that mob was Gilgamesh, but after looking upon it some more an idea came to me. The four great katanas the mob is holding is a texture swap of Masamune and the armor is more reminiscent of Samurai Empyrean armor. Perhaps players will engage Empyrean armors inhabited by spirits or simply these mobs are what inspired our Abyssean armor sets (plot-wise)?

I was hoping I wouldn't be the only one seeing Unkai in that picture. I can't really think of a reason SE would put it on a NM unless maybe there will be something better than +2 emp armor. maybe these new NMs will be fought for a +3 emp armor? I can only doubt this because the +2 already have a set effect.
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2011-04-08 12:55:11
Link | Quote | Reply

isnt gilgamesh already in the game? why would they add more of him?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-04-08 12:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn said:
isnt gilgamesh already in the game? why would they add more of him?

look up "Argus". Its an NPC in bastok, and an NM. Its shown that SE can name an NM after an NPC.

For all we know, the Gilgamesh we think this NM is, Could be Gilgamesh from the Interdenominational Void. It could very well happen!
[+]
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2011-04-08 12:58:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Brixy said:
Leviathan.Bassclef said:
Fairy.Arck said:
Lakshmi.Ashido said:
Actually thats probably Ghilgamesh considering he is in every ff game has more than two arms and is generally a badass Also finally some new content that won't be Abyssea all the *** time.
I was hoping I wouldn't be the only one seeing Unkai in that picture. I can't really think of a reason SE would put it on a NM unless maybe there will be something better than +2 emp armor. maybe these new NMs will be fought for a +3 emp armor? I can only doubt this because the +2 already have a set effect.

I'm thinking we will see a +3 emp armor at some point but i doubt it would be this... I think they said there were 12 or 16 (heading to be so dont have time to double check) so falling short of all 20 jobs.
 Lakshmi.Blacklion
Server: Lakshmi
user: Blacklion
By Lakshmi.Blacklion 2011-04-08 13:02:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally something to look forward too ;x
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Brixy 2011-04-08 13:07:02
Link | Quote | Reply

just throwing this out there. Anyone else see a dark ifrit in that picture besides me? Maybe this "void" will have something to do with the avatars.
[+]
 Seraph.Gilhaven
Server: Seraph
user: Gilhaven
By Seraph.Gilhaven 2011-04-08 13:13:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm...synthesis skillcap adjustment....wonder what that's all about?
 Seraph.Gilhaven
Server: Seraph
user: Gilhaven
By Seraph.Gilhaven 2011-04-08 13:18:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ina said:
Phoenix.Brixy said:
Leviathan.Bassclef said:
Fairy.Arck said:
Lakshmi.Ashido said:
Actually thats probably Ghilgamesh considering he is in every ff game has more than two arms and is generally a badass Also finally some new content that won't be Abyssea all the *** time.

I'm thinking we will see a +3 emp armor at some point but i doubt it would be this... I think they said there were 12 or 16 (heading to be so dont have time to double check) so falling short of all 20 jobs.

Upon defeat the NM will drop fully upgraded Emp armor pieces and weapons for those ppl who dont feel like farming the NM's for the items.
[+]
 Sylph.Cossack
Server: Sylph
user: sandman16
By Sylph.Cossack 2011-04-08 13:21:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope they don't lock this thread too.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-04-08 13:24:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Brixy said:
just throwing this out there. Anyone else see a dark ifrit in that picture besides me? Maybe this "void" will have something to do with the avatars.
More like ifrit, diabolos and titan got together for some good old fashion'd BL and made a love child.
 Asura.Tristean
user: Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2011-04-08 13:29:37
Link | Quote | Reply

So it looks like SE is pulling a blizzard with the Voidwatch system and pulling good ideas from other companies to vamp their current game up.

From SE about voidwatch system.

In Voidwatch, bands of six to eighteen members will square off against “Voidwalkers,” savage entities that have breached planar bounds to invade multiple landscapes spanning past and present. By slaying these manifestations of terror, you and your stalwart comrades will gradually come to discover the true nature of the threat that has all of Vana’diel up in arms.

From Trion's Rift.

Treacherous and powerful, these rifts occur when another plane of reality intersects with the magical Ward protecting Telara. Rifts create doorways for planar invasion, destroying the lands and people of Telara, but they may also grant otherworldly power to those brave enough to seize it.

So voidwatch event = a rift in the game Rift just with a SE twist?

So if there is some kind've lure to provoke these battles(maybe getting enough KS's or something), it'll be almost exactly like it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Bassclef
user: Bassclef
By Leviathan.Bassclef 2011-04-08 13:32:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Gilhaven said:
Asura.Ina said:
Phoenix.Brixy said:
Leviathan.Bassclef said:
Fairy.Arck said:
Lakshmi.Ashido said:

Upon defeat the NM will drop fully upgraded Emp armor pieces and weapons for those ppl who dont feel like farming the NM's for the items.

For the "Voidwatch Emerges" banner, it's a close-up of the Unkai armor looking mob.

As you can see, its menpou is missing exposing the glowing eyes and skeleton face.
 Phoenix.Ingraham
By Phoenix.Ingraham 2011-04-08 13:35:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tristean said:
So it looks like SE is pulling a blizzard with the Voidwatch system and pulling good ideas from other companies to vamp their current game up.

From SE about voidwatch system.

In Voidwatch, bands of six to eighteen members will square off against “Voidwalkers,” savage entities that have breached planar bounds to invade multiple landscapes spanning past and present. By slaying these manifestations of terror, you and your stalwart comrades will gradually come to discover the true nature of the threat that has all of Vana’diel up in arms.

From Trion's Rift.

Treacherous and powerful, these rifts occur when another plane of reality intersects with the magical Ward protecting Telara. Rifts create doorways for planar invasion, destroying the lands and people of Telara, but they may also grant otherworldly power to those brave enough to seize it.

So voidwatch event = a rift in the game Rift just with a SE twist?

So if there is some kind've lure to provoke these battles(maybe getting enough KS's or something), it'll be almost exactly like it.

You sure it's just not FFXI rehashing the same tired 'dimension invaders' plot element since VNMs 2009?

Everything since then has been "WELP THERE'S THESE BAD GUYS FROM AN ALTERNATE WORLD WATCH OUT". That, or moogles. Damn moogles.

edit: oops 2010.
[+]
 Asura.Tristean
user: Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2011-04-08 13:38:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Ingraham said:
Asura.Tristean said:
So it looks like SE is pulling a blizzard with the Voidwatch system and pulling good ideas from other companies to vamp their current game up. From SE about voidwatch system. In Voidwatch, bands of six to eighteen members will square off against “Voidwalkers,” savage entities that have breached planar bounds to invade multiple landscapes spanning past and present. By slaying these manifestations of terror, you and your stalwart comrades will gradually come to discover the true nature of the threat that has all of Vana’diel up in arms. From Trion's Rift. Treacherous and powerful, these rifts occur when another plane of reality intersects with the magical Ward protecting Telara. Rifts create doorways for planar invasion, destroying the lands and people of Telara, but they may also grant otherworldly power to those brave enough to seize it. So voidwatch event = a rift in the game Rift just with a SE twist? So if there is some kind've lure to provoke these battles(maybe getting enough KS's or something), it'll be almost exactly like it.
You sure it's just not FFXI rehashing the same tired 'dimension invaders' plot element since VNMs 2009? Everything since then has been "WELP THERE'S THESE BAD GUYS FROM AN ALTERNATE WORLD WATCH OUT". That, or moogles. Damn moogles.
I would say that if they didn't use so many keywords that were exactly the same. But I'm not trying to convince anyone. I know how this community is. I was just pointing some similarity out.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-04-08 13:42:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:
Phoenix.Brixy said:
More like ifrit, diabolos and titan got together for some good old fashion'd BL and made a love child.
My first thought when I saw this was phumba from FF6.
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2011-04-08 13:53:17
Link | Quote | Reply

At first i was like... 95 all the way in *** AUGUST?! and then i realized i have no time to play with moving, new job training, and shopping for the new home/organizing.....

EXTRA excited about several features obviously in there. The ability to take a second craft to 100 is a nice touch honestly. AH merge finally + NPC's in other nations for abyssea yes preeez.

Oh and where the *** is my atma saved lists?!!!

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2011-04-08 13:55:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Also concerning the SAM looking mob with 4 arms and the Garuda looking mob....

I wonder if they will make super mega mobs that are tied to a related job and look similar. Epic idea actually.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-04-08 14:06:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Brixy said:

Bizarro Abyssea where all the npc's are evil! That would explain evil gilgamesh :3
 Unicorn.Rylet
Server: Unicorn
user: Rylet
By Unicorn.Rylet 2011-04-08 14:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply

The bird mob that's in the May update pic section looks more like a harpy to me but idk. Just going on what you'd find in other SE games to draw a reference to. (Breath of Fire 2, Final Fantasy 4/6 I'm sure there are others)
 Phoenix.Fredjan
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-04-08 15:46:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Dangruf Wadi?
[+]
 Leviathan.Alkalinejoe
By Leviathan.Alkalinejoe 2011-04-08 15:48:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said:
Phoenix.Brixy said:

Bizarro Abyssea where all the npc's are evil! That would explain evil gilgamesh :3
Evil Gilgamesh, now comes with extra arms.
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-04-08 15:58:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm overly excited tbh..I try to take everything from SE with a grain of salt..the whole fool me once thing.

But lately it seems like SE has been listening to its players alot more and I haven't been disapoint for a while now.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-04-08 15:58:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't see anything about the merit point system... Did I miss it?
 Leviathan.Alkalinejoe
By Leviathan.Alkalinejoe 2011-04-08 16:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Liltrouble said:
I didn't see anything about the merit point system... Did I miss it?
Well considering they said they were going to add it at level 99, they're probably going to announce it with that (since the chart only shows level cap progression to 95).
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8