Ukko's Fury Setup
First Page 2 3 ... 89 90 91 92
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2012-12-12 08:20:26
Link | Quote | Reply

When using Ranc Mantle, Ele Gorget for neck. If acc capped use Windbuffet Belt, else use Ele Belt. Some talk about Wanion for capping Dex but...
By DeathOfSiren 2012-12-12 08:57:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Windbuffet Belt when you're capped on accuracy. Otherwise, Elemental Belt.

Wanion Belt shouldn't be used for Ukko's. The only use it may have for WAR is a Ddex build but as of right now, it's not applicable against what's currently been found to work best.
By Althyk 2012-12-12 13:57:37
Link | Quote | Reply

So I just got my Valkyries' Breastplate recently and I've been curious about Triple attack on WAR. My current set looks like this:

I've seen a few WARs on my server swap out ravager's orb and tyrants ring for White Tathlum and Oneiros Ring. Is that better?
By DeathOfSiren 2012-12-13 01:32:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Althyk said: »
So I just got my Valkyries' Breastplate recently and I've been curious about Triple attack on WAR. My current set looks like this:

I've seen a few WARs on my server swap out ravager's orb and tyrants ring for White Tathlum and Oneiros Ring. Is that better?

Nope. Because you need 14 Store TP in your TP Build for a true 6 Hit, and White Tathlum + Phorcys Salade + Brutal Earring + Rajas Ring only comes to 13. The only time you'd use Oneiros in the place of Tyrant's is when a 6 Hit Build is moot, which would primarily be during Voidwatch, since you should be using Coercion Atmacite on WAR and the Regain from Coercion and Monarch's Drink will break your 6 Hit. Make sure to set your Spellcast up so that Mars's Ring is equipped if you happened to lose the latent due to Aspir or Max MP Down.

As far as your build for Valkyrie's goes, it's perfect. Stick with Tyrant's outside Voidwatch and Oneiros during.
[+]
 Odin.Registry
Server: Odin
user: R3G1STRY
By Odin.Registry 2012-12-13 01:39:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Merit HP and don't worry about it.

Yea, that. ^
By DeathOfSiren 2012-12-13 01:41:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Registry said: »
Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Merit HP and don't worry about it.

Yea, that. ^

^This. I was on the Oneiros Ring boat for awhile, but when it was pointed out to me that I'm actually losing 220 HP if you factor in capped PDT, it's just not worth the miniscule increase in DPS. You really can't go wrong with HP merits.
By Althyk 2012-12-13 01:43:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I decided against it 7 hit isn't worth anyways glad i didn't take out my hp merits yet.
 Phoenix.Suji
Server: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-12-13 03:11:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Worth noting that Kokou's Earring can fix the STP+13 problem mentioned above, and could even be a DPS upgrade if you benefit from its +acc.
By DeathOfSiren 2012-12-13 04:27:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Althyk said: »
Yeah I decided against it 7 hit isn't worth anyways glad i didn't take out my hp merits yet.

Good choice. Use Tyrant's for 6 Hit, Mars's otherwise.

Phoenix.Suji said: »
Worth noting that Kokou's Earring can fix the STP+13 problem mentioned above, and could even be a DPS upgrade if you benefit from its +acc.

That's right. I forgot about Kokou's. Would make Oneiros a viable replacement since you'd make better use of the STR+/Accuracy+ on Kokou's than the Attack+/DA+ on Ravager's when using Valkyrie's. Now if you were using Armadaberk, that'd be a different story.
By Kyler 2012-12-14 14:13:06
Link | Quote | Reply

10 HP merits does not equate to 220 HP with pdt... unless oneiros ring is in your pdt set for some reason and your hp is 100% at all times.. A lot of people rely on dark rings as well which have -20hp each. I'm really tired of seeing this argument in every thread. It's a fantastic ring when used in the proper situations.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2012-12-14 14:33:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Latent is greater than, its 11 hp merits. In any case its a lot to sacrifice for its marginal usage.
 Phoenix.Suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-12-14 14:43:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Kyler said: »
10 HP merits does not equate to 220 HP with pdt... unless oneiros ring is in your pdt set for some reason and your hp is 100% at all times.. A lot of people rely on dark rings as well which have -20hp each.
It takes 11 HP merits to activate it since your MP has to be greater than 100, right? So assume your HP is 1000.

Without merits,

damage * .5 = 1000 => damage = 2000, ie, you could survive with 1001 HP

With 11 HP merits,

damage * .5 = 1110 => damage = 2220, ie, you could survive with 1111 HP

2220 - 2000 = 220.

It's only 200 if 10 HP merits are sufficient to activate it though, but I don't know since bgwiki/wikia and the ffxiah comments disagree, and I haven't tested it myself.

Dark Rings don't actually affect this number if you use them in both cases, but it does beg the question of whether or not 5% PDT from a ring is worth 20HP. A 5% ring is only beneficial if you take greater than 400 damage and detrimental when damage is lower.

Edit: Just read the testing reference and it's clear that MP==100 is sufficient, but wiki summary is incorrect. I'll PM Byrth.
By DeathOfSiren 2012-12-17 10:01:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I've read what Kaerin posted on Hecatomb Subligar +1 being ideal for Ukko's Fury inside Abyssea, and outside Abyssea whenever Blood Rage + Potency are up to finish capping Critical Hit Rate. Is this correct?

I've heard others say they're only ideal in Abyssea. Which is true? With Hecatomb Subligar +1, my Ukko's Fury build goes from 16% Critical Hit Rate (capped Critical Hit Rate Merits, Claymore Grip, Ravager's Mask +2, and Rancorous Mantle) to 20% with Hecatomb Subligar +1.
 Phoenix.Suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-12-17 18:10:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Should really just download the spreadsheet.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-12-17 18:18:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Abyssea only, really. They're more or less equal with other options if your attack is capped depending on the target's level, although by the time they have a decent lead, you'll probably be using Ogier's for the acc.
By DeathOfSiren 2012-12-30 14:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I was talking with my buddy Deverca about Valkyrie's vs Armadaberk and different situations each would be best for and decided to post what he said he input into a spreadsheet. Reason I'm doing this is purely for feedback.

Disclaimer: I'm not very familiar with spreadsheets and rely on first-hand parsing when it comes to my gear choices. The info posted here on the forums I take and test out with a parser, so I cannot personally attest to how reliable spreadsheets are when it comes to gear choices. With that said, here's what he sent me:

Armada Hauberk + Mars's Ring vs Valkyrie's Breastplate + Tyrant's Ring:

Armada Hauberk + Oneiros Ring vs Valkyrie's Breastplate + Tyrant's Ring:

He told me these were the numbers given using Qilin as the target, with Berserk, Aggressor, Stalwart's, Champion's, Braver's, and Red Curry Bun for buffs, taking into account no Voidwatch Atmacites. Augments on Armadaberk were Store TP +6 Double Attack +3. Augments on Valkyrie's were Accuracy +10 and Triple Attack +3. According to him, Armadaberk always beast Valkyrie's except inside Abyssea.

I'd like any input I can get from those who happen to own both with some first-hand experience on the two or whether or not spreadsheet information even holds up against actual parses.
 Phoenix.Suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-12-30 14:36:14
Link | Quote | Reply

No surprises there to me, I've been saying this on deaf ears most of this year. Everybody ignores dDEX and intuitively over-estimates how much TA3 is going to improve your hits/round. I can get Valk to win in some cases but even when it does, it's marginal, and not a victory that I would consider to be worth 40+ mil.
By DeathOfSiren 2012-12-30 14:45:16
Link | Quote | Reply

No surprises there to me, I've been saying this on deaf ears most of this year. Everybody ignores dDEX and intuitively over-estimates how much TA3 is going to improve your hits/round. I can get Valk to win in some cases but even when it does, it's marginal, and not a victory that I would consider to be worth 40+ mil.

Good to know. I'll stick with Valkyrie's Breastplate where it's optimal; Upheaval while Mighty Strikes is down.
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-12-30 14:52:47
Link | Quote | Reply

All I see is Valkyrie's beating Armada, which I thought people knew already in the cases they'd use Valkyrie's anyway?

Taking parses into account when trying to figure out what gear is better is an awful idea, since parses have a lot of human errors while the dps spreadsheets don't.

Edit: Look at Huggin Gamberias +1. That's like 150 mil for a relatively small dps upgrade for 150 mil. 40 mil for an upgrade isn't that bad by comparison.
 Phoenix.Suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-12-30 14:59:21
Link | Quote | Reply

In an attempt to be more constructive, tell your friend to add like 300 accuracy into the set bonus fields of both sets and you should see Valk coming out ahead by a small margin (about 0.8% in my buff setup).

Then for lawls you can do the same for attack and you should see Valk's victory shrink to only ~0.01%, since its 10 attack over Armada isn't helping there.

You're almost always going to get at least 1 crit-- possibly 2-- from Armada and Valk's hits/round advantage only results in ~1.5% hits/round.

Whether or not spreadsheet's guess for a given mob's AGI is correct will determine whether you get 1% or 2% crit from the dex, and obviously when we're splitting hairs over 1% damage, this will have a huge impact on which is better. There's not really a good way to know unless you want to go test it yourself.

I think the main thing the spreadsheet shows us in cases such as this is that small changes have significant impacts when comparing gear and that we should all slow down when it comes to making black&white statements about gear. It doesn't take much to swing the "best" piece when we're trying to pick up ~1% gains.
[+]
 Phoenix.Suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-12-30 15:04:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said: »
Edit: Look at Huggin Gamberias +1. That's like 150 mil for a relatively small dps upgrade for 150 mil. 40 mil for an upgrade isn't that bad by comparison.
Fundamentally what bugs me about this stuff is the telephone game that happens on the forums and I feel like people get misled. You could say it's their fault for not investigating further but if it's a friend of mine who spends their savings on a valk, expecting a substantial DPS boost, I would feel like they were deceived.

"Forum telephone" happens all over the place, it goes something like this:
Joe: Valk beats Armada by 1% if acc-capped
Bob: Valk beats Armada
Sally: Valk crushes Armada
Jim: Armada is ***, get Valk

I just think it would be nice if folks remembered to use caveats/qualifiers when giving advice, so everyone can make more informed choices.

And btw, I know someone who spent 80m to finally get theirs properly augmented so I was very generous with the 40M price.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kaparu
user: Tsuko
By Phoenix.Kaparu 2012-12-30 15:49:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Cosigned^
By DeathOfSiren 2012-12-30 15:57:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Fundamentally what bugs me about this stuff is the telephone game that happens on the forums and I feel like people get misled. You could say it's their fault for not investigating further but if it's a friend of mine who spends their savings on a valk, expecting a substantial DPS boost, I would feel like they were deceived.

"Forum telephone" happens all over the place, it goes something like this:
Joe: Valk beats Armada by 1% if acc-capped
Bob: Valk beats Armada
Sally: Valk crushes Armada
Jim: Armada is ***, get Valk

I just think it would be nice if folks remembered to use caveats/qualifiers when giving advice, so everyone can make more informed choices.

And btw, I know someone who spent 80m to finally get theirs properly augmented so I was very generous with the 40M price.

Best post ever.
[+]
By SakimaAsura 2013-01-01 05:34:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
Abyssea only, really. They're more or less equal with other options if your attack is capped depending on the target's level, although by the time they have a decent lead, you'll probably be using Ogier's for the acc.

What conditions are you using to come to this conclusion? Was the heca subligar given acc/str augments?
 Leviathan.Egonn
Server: Leviathan
user: Egonn
By Leviathan.Egonn 2013-01-03 12:06:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is what I do, my Valk is Ta3 acc 8 MDB4 for mods and my Armaberk is 3stp 3DA 19mp so you know what I'm dealing with.

No accuracy issues: Valk + Atheling + Tyrants
Slight accuracy issues: Valk + Letalis + Tyrants
Major accuracy issues: Arma + Atheling + Mars

Everything will be based on whether you have rolls/songs etc so it's pointless to go into details, but valk is better on paper and when you play. The people who say that it's not either A: don't have one or B: Don't change their setups correctly with it. I've only had a few parses where armaberk was even close to my Valk BP and if you're lucky enough to get zanshin or better accuracy all the more power to you. If you can't get a letalis there are other options to stay on top. I'm just telling you what I use.
 Lakshmi.Santoro
Server: Lakshmi
user: Fukinder
By Lakshmi.Santoro 2013-01-03 12:23:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I just want to add, why do people assume everyone buys items... The game has crafts for a reason.

When I MADE my Cursed breastplate-1 I made 40mil cos I made more than 1. So yea some people do buy them but not everyone.

Side note: Gil is hard to get.
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2013-01-03 13:30:35
Link | Quote | Reply

...small changes have significant impacts when comparing gear and that we should all slow down when it comes to making black&white statements about gear. It doesn't take much to swing the "best" piece when we're trying to pick up ~1% gains.

Everyone should read this.
 Phoenix.Redox
user: Redox
By Phoenix.Redox 2013-01-03 14:13:53
Link | Quote | Reply

There is <1> problem at all, you can have high double/triple attack, and the randomess in getting the fact to proc a multi hit can be 0% this moment and 100% the other moment so, triple / double isnt specify-able so it can't be a goal, cause goals you can specify...
a goal can be to get up from this randomness and invest in solid statuspoints, cause they specifyable ;-)

What thats means, solid permanent stats are always better then random pieces, in fact they can be better in random moments but not always and not at the same time!
That fact sorts solid & lucky players in this game and nobody cares about that fact ;-)
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
Server: Carbuncle
user: Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2013-01-03 14:34:53
Link | Quote | Reply

wut
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio