Is There Ever Going To Be...

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Is there ever going to be...
Is there ever going to be...
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-02-03 09:03:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
I played XI on my Acer Aspire One for 6 months without issues.
Graphics werent great, but it worked.
I could even dualbox >_>

1GHz cpu, 512ram, crappy integrated intel graphics chip that shared the ram for memory.

surprised the video card supported tnl, those old ones didn't very often.
[+]
 Diabolos.Megatron
Server: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Megatron 2011-02-03 09:07:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Since SE cannot touch the hardware and its too expencive to to recode FFXI for PS3... The sulution is simple. When the PS3 first came out the G1 models have a PS2 eumlater...that was not included in later versions. simply bringing it back would allow SE to move FFXI to PS3 with no recoding... and technally not stopping PS2 support. it simply bypasses it and if PS2 players dont wish to upgrade to the newly designed Ps3 emulated version. they can sit outside the new places with no updates.

people who dont want to change nor want to upgrade hardware or software. casue problems across the board everywere else. leaving us open to viruses, hacks and explotes. we cant have more words added to the autotranslater due to PS2 limitations. we cant have new areas non copy and paste zones due to PS2 limitations. cant have more inventory space due to PS2 limitations. cant have updated models or textures due to PS2 limitations. the lists can go on for miles. if people love this game enough and it means so much to them. you would figure they would want as much out of it as possible. not draging a 10+ year old paper wieght behind it and blaiming SE for not fixing a hardware issue that they cant.

its dead wieght cut it lose and save the rest of us. use the PC you using to respond to these forums with . or use your income tax refund and get a economy PC or PS3 or xbox. or if people who know these peopel go to ther house with a cup of water and do the world a favor and put those PS2 out of ther misery for the rest of us.

they had a good life but its time to move on. now close your eyes and think of a beautiful world of all your ps2 friends. thats it.

/toss
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-03 09:08:15
Link | Quote | Reply

One of the reasons I'm thrilled XIV was developed for PC primarily.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-02-03 09:09:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:

Wish they did that with XI >_<
 Diabolos.Megatron
By Diabolos.Megatron 2011-02-03 09:11:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Due To PS2 limitations. We are unable to do the Requested. thank your PS2 fans for this POL CODE:12345657565-b
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-02-03 09:12:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Megatron said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Due To PS2 limitations. We are unable to do the Requested. thank your PS2 fans for this POL CODE:12345657565-b

lol
 Caitsith.Ayrea
VIP
Server: Caitsith
user: aureus
By Caitsith.Ayrea 2011-02-03 10:29:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Zenshiro said:
Sure FFXIV sucks for many of you right now but soon 1year pass it would become a great game. storyline right now is ok it's pretty sweet to sit down and hear a awesome voice over and get really into. So far ffxiv is becoming better and better when they get all the problem fix it going to be awesome game when they add more and more ***to do.

MMOs don't have a crappy launch, then pick up players a year later. If a MMO launches badly, it's dead. FFXIV has had one of, if not the absolute worst launch in the history of MMOs. I don't think even Age of Conan lost players as quickly as FFXIV did.
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-02-03 10:36:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Ayrea said:
Sure FFXIV sucks for many of you right now but soon 1year pass it would become a great game. storyline right now is ok it's pretty sweet to sit down and hear a awesome voice over and get really into. So far ffxiv is becoming better and better when they get all the problem fix it going to be awesome game when they add more and more ***to do.

MMOs don't have a crappy launch, then pick up players a year later. If a MMO launches badly, it's dead. FFXIV has had one of, if not the absolute worst launch in the history of MMOs. I don't think even Age of Conan lost players as quickly as FFXIV did.

Look at Runescape, though. It started with hardly any players then kept picking up and upgrading graphics and content and has a huge player base now.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-02-03 10:38:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Megatron said:
Since SE cannot touch the hardware and its too expencive to to recode FFXI for PS3... The sulution is simple. When the PS3 first came out the G1 models have a PS2 eumlater...that was not included in later versions. simply bringing it back would allow SE to move FFXI to PS3 with no recoding... and technally not stopping PS2 support. it simply bypasses it and if PS2 players dont wish to upgrade to the newly designed Ps3 emulated version. they can sit outside the new places with no updates.

people who dont want to change nor want to upgrade hardware or software. casue problems across the board everywere else. leaving us open to viruses, hacks and explotes. we cant have more words added to the autotranslater due to PS2 limitations. we cant have new areas non copy and paste zones due to PS2 limitations. cant have more inventory space due to PS2 limitations. cant have updated models or textures due to PS2 limitations. the lists can go on for miles. if people love this game enough and it means so much to them. you would figure they would want as much out of it as possible. not draging a 10+ year old paper wieght behind it and blaiming SE for not fixing a hardware issue that they cant.

its dead wieght cut it lose and save the rest of us. use the PC you using to respond to these forums with . or use your income tax refund and get a economy PC or PS3 or xbox. or if people who know these peopel go to ther house with a cup of water and do the world a favor and put those PS2 out of ther misery for the rest of us.

they had a good life but its time to move on. now close your eyes and think of a beautiful world of all your ps2 friends. thats it.

/toss
you're a complete idiot.

the emulated version for the ps3 is the same software, it's limited to the same limitations.

the problems are because of the way the software is designed, not the ps2 itself. They can't recode it unless they do an overhaul, which would kill ps2 support but would also kill a lot of low end pc support as well. The core software for xi is holding it back.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-02-03 10:40:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said:
Caitsith.Ayrea said:

Look at Runescape, though. It started with hardly any players then kept picking up and upgrading graphics and content and has a huge player base now.

the only hope for xiv to make money is if they make it free and do the additions and items thing cost $ that every other game is doing.
nobody will want to pay a monthly fee for it, even if they did the number of people is too low
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-02-03 10:42:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
Caitsith.Ayrea said:

the only hope for xiv to make money is if they make it free and do the additions and items thing cost $ that every other game is doing.
nobody will want to pay a monthly fee for it, even if they did the number of people is too low

I think giving it a lower monthly fee (10$ or so) would help as well, once they fix whatever is wrong with it currently. I got the game for christmas but the tower to my new computer was borked so I haven't even installed it or played it yet.
 Caitsith.Ayrea
VIP
Server: Caitsith
user: aureus
By Caitsith.Ayrea 2011-02-03 11:25:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said:

Runescape is a free game though. There's a different expectation for paid games compared to free games.
By Kasaioni 2011-02-03 11:34:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to go to that city as seen in that FFXI promotional opening video. You know, the one Prishe shows you at the end of CoP.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Kovalev
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Kovalev
By Gilgamesh.Kovalev 2011-02-03 12:31:52
Link | Quote | Reply

@Kovalev: Should not worry so much about copy/paste FFXI was the master of Copy/paste everything in the game from area to land was copy/paste. Copy/paste is part of mmo history from my understanding if you don't copy/paste your computer have to work harder to load new image each time and you need more room for your HDD. The no auto attack is no problem i play and talk to others top of that you don't need to talk when your fighting your too busy fighting and with the new type of Skillchain you don't have to make macros to tell others when you ws. Your Name turn blue once you have TP and you can see everyone else name turn blue.

Well i guess were not exactly on the same page regarding copy/paste "visual content" i know that in 11 tons of stuff is copied and pasted (trees, grass, walls textures and so on) what i meant is let's say a football field sized area that would be duplicated and linked to another (not counting "buildings" or castles) leaving you saying "hey wait, i was here 30 secs ago". I don't think there's such a thing in 11 (if you have one spot in mind go for it), there's always a lil something different (terrain goes uphill/downhill, a river, a rock, a brick wall etc...) or at the very least it's gonna be separated by some kind of other area design or it's gonna be on a different angle (N,S,E,West). Never heard the expression copy/pasted wasteland in more than 5 years playing 11.

As for communication during battle what you mentionned is nice but there is more than just skillchain related chat to in-game communication. There's more battle related stuff one may want to talk about and also everything that has nothing to do with the current battle you're engaged in, friends, ls, etc... Some of that stuff can be taken care of if you use voice chat but i'm not interrested in playing games using voice chat (call me old school haha).

Of course all of this is the opinion of someone who hasn't even played 14 yet but i do think i'm staying within what i can have an opinion on based on all the stuff i read/heard/saw about the game. I wish i was thrilled by all aspects of 14, but i'm not. My enthusiasm for the game has been a rollercoaster ride since the first images came out. I want to love it but there's so much stuff that's not appealling to me that my hopes are rather low now.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-02-03 13:02:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Kasaioni said:
I want to go to that city as seen in that FFXI promotional opening video. You know, the one Prishe shows you at the end of CoP.
lol
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2011-02-03 13:03:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Kasaioni said:
lol
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-03 13:04:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't be mean.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-02-03 13:06:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Don't be mean.

I'm assuming it was a joke.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2011-02-03 13:06:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Don't be mean.
I rated Kasaioni's post up. I'm a good guy.
 Shiva.Mohit
user: Mohit
By Shiva.Mohit 2011-02-03 13:09:07
Link | Quote | Reply

They need to do one of their customer surveys and ask the question to the people that do play on PS2 if they would continue to play on another system if support was dropped.
[+]
 Diabolos.Megatron
By Diabolos.Megatron 2011-02-03 13:54:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Mohit said:
They need to do one of their customer surveys and ask the question to the people that do play on PS2 if they would continue to play on another system if support was dropped.

Due to PS2 limitations you cant take this Survey.
POL ERROR CODE: Xlb124598-c
Please try again when your ***isn't 10 years old
[+]
 Diabolos.Ghlin
user: Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2011-02-03 14:17:54
Link | Quote | Reply

even if it took 2 years to recode ffxi to the ps3, it would have been worth it. they could have sold the update as a 60 dollar expansion with vastly improved graphics and tons of new content. all alongside a level cap increase for a whole new game and end game. that would have been awesome.

it's not too late. they could be working on it as we speak. (i can dream can't i?)
 Diabolos.Megatron
By Diabolos.Megatron 2011-02-03 14:24:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Ghlin said:
they could be working on it as we speak. (i can dream can't i?)

you dont get that ability til lvl 99
 Diabolos.Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2011-02-03 14:31:10
Link | Quote | Reply

; ;
 Diabolos.Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2011-02-03 14:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Except it would be available on PS3 and PC... even though I didn't mention PC in my post. besides i'm just dreaming.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Server: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-02-03 14:57:55
Link | Quote | Reply

There really is only two things that can happen.

1) PS2 hard drive has to be expanded to allow more FFXI content.
2) End future expansions for PS2. All new content can only be accessed on Xbox/PC.

I'm fine with them NOT overhauling the graphics and stuff. I do not want them to continue with reskinned zones and "mini add-ons" for the rest of the life of FFXI.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2011-02-08 18:56:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Jaerik has a lot of experience in this[MMO] department, I'd like to see what his theories are, since that's a perspective few, if any of us have.
I would venture a guess that after 8 years, the core engine developers necessary to rewrite major parts of the server or client have long since moved on to other companies or other teams.

There's very likely no one left to do the things you guys are asking for, even if they dropped PS2 support entirely.
[+]
By Serj 2011-02-08 19:25:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Ayrea said:
Bahamut.Serj said:

Runescape is a free game though. There's a different expectation for paid games compared to free games.

Late response, but Runescape is hardly free. If you want like. .5% of all game content, feel free to play it for free.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-02-09 00:37:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Jaerik has a lot of experience in this[MMO] department, I'd like to see what his theories are, since that's a perspective few, if any of us have.
I would venture a guess that after 8 years, the core engine developers necessary to rewrite major parts of the server or client have long since moved on to other companies or other teams.

There's very likely no one left to do the things you guys are asking for, even if they dropped PS2 support entirely.

thank you sir