Is There Ever Going To Be...

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Is there ever going to be...
Is there ever going to be...
First Page 2 3 4 5
By Artemicion 2011-02-09 01:36:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Jaerik has a lot of experience in this[MMO] department, I'd like to see what his theories are, since that's a perspective few, if any of us have.
I would venture a guess that after 8 years, the core engine developers necessary to rewrite major parts of the server or client have long since moved on to other companies or other teams.

There's very likely no one left to do the things you guys are asking for, even if they dropped PS2 support entirely.

But what if they made them an offer they couldn't refuse?
Like cookies...
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-02-09 01:57:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Jaerik has a lot of experience in this[MMO] department, I'd like to see what his theories are, since that's a perspective few, if any of us have.
I would venture a guess that after 8 years, the core engine developers necessary to rewrite major parts of the server or client have long since moved on to other companies or other teams.

There's very likely no one left to do the things you guys are asking for, even if they dropped PS2 support entirely.

But what if they made them an offer they couldn't refuse?
Like cookies...

I'll help with that bribe
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
Server: Carbuncle
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2011-02-09 07:28:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said:
I'd bet that if you showed every PS2 user the difference that playing on PC can make (Windower, Scripts, Higher graphics resolution, etc.) most would consider switching.
Yeah , cause i Play ff11 cause of the graphics >_>
 Diabolos.Prodigy
Server: Diabolos
user: Prodigy
By Diabolos.Prodigy 2011-02-09 08:19:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Too many pages to read, if it was suggested already then oh well...anyway, what about something along the lines of giving pc/ps3/xbox users the option to move to different servers where large new content will apply. Almost like a different version of the game. Ps2 people can stay on their ancient servers and continue to get Reskins and no new expansions. (pc people can choose to stay if they want). Maybe it will require another team to dedicate to ps2 side but it keeps everyone happy and playing. Then maybe ps2 people will see how much more content there is on the other platform and migrate systems. Do something along those lines...
 Ramuh.Attribute
Server: Ramuh
user: XGP0001
By Ramuh.Attribute 2011-02-09 08:25:29
Link | Quote | Reply

They never did release the Far East either like Tenzens home after CoP. I think FFXI has alot left and to come.