Ochain
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-03-07 19:09:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

Eh, hate mechanics are sort of an issue since DDs can effortlessly maintain hate over healers. The damage mitigation available to DD jobs is definitely the bigger issue though.

Well even on PLD if I throw on RR/DD atmas etc I can at least put out high enough numbers to keep enmity up there, albeit a lot slower than DDs can.

Leonlionheart said:

Caps, for everyone. Then it turns from the PLD to someone else with capped hate and bounces around.

Yep that's what I mean, so raising the enmity cap for PLD alone would allow DDs to go apeshit and never pull hate ever, which would be broken as hell, similarly even an accomplice-like ability has limited use, since DDs recap enmity so quickly.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nexdeus
Server: Bismarck
user: Greyfin
By Bismarck.Nexdeus 2011-03-07 19:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

For the people saying that PLD's were tanking the real HNMs pre abyssea, you forget how efficient DRK/NIN and SAM were at tanking those same "real" HNMs.

Also, lolFullPearleOchainPLDs
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-07 19:15:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Cor Random Deal rotation!
BLM would never die with 2 refresh atmas and rdm + brd + whm and infinite cors! Maybe have lots of WHMs for devotion rotation too? Just make the blm bloodtank everything >=)
Meh wouldn't need that much if you subbed nin. Only blood tank while shadows down. But be able to recast ichi whenever you want and you can't be interupted. Then get a couple of blu/thfs to place hate and take off HUGE chunks of the mobs hp without having to melee on anything!
Pft, why /nin when you can make a whole alliance assist you in bloodtanking!

If you'r gonna do something inefficient, why not do it as inefficient as possible :p But well, if we get group3 merits that allow us to lower manawall recast, it could actually be kinda interesting xD
It shouldn't really be that inefficient compared to cure bombing tanks that still die. Really just need the refresh atmas probably and rdm and maybe brd and then everything else could be DD. Heck with all the ws going to the blms could probably support meleeing as long as the AOEs aren't too bad and too hard to stun
 Fenrir.Ilax
Server: Fenrir
user: FireDeath
By Fenrir.Ilax 2011-03-07 19:19:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
hate doesn't cap

That kind of comment suprise me coming from you Nightfyre, take 1 ninja and 1 THF, and trust me way before NM reach 50% of his HP bar, you will cap, and you can notice easy, because blade:jin will do 1k dmg and evi will do 4k and as soon thf loose 1 shadow ninja get back the hate and thf get back the hate as soon ninja loose one shadow. HATE is caped at this point.

So put a PLD as tank(loosing HP none stop wich is >> loosing 1 shadow) and add up the DD that can CAP hate in no time (25% of NM health) then GL for them to tank. Of course MNK do better even loosing more HP (blodotank again) but the DMG he deal with counter + normal DMG make mnk able to keep his hate on CAP, same as blink tank can do.

They don't need to give more DMG to pld, but just raise the HATE CAP or even better, reduce the hate by tons from DD.

Of course reduce enmity lost form PLD wont fix ***, since DD already able to CAP hate in the first 25% NM health.

Of course the hate system was BROKEN @ 75 way before abyssea, who don't remember on JoL, the only damn way you could reset BLM hate from nuking is death or blm take dmg to reduce hate, bc ya AS FAR AS I KNOW, BLM DO NOT LOOSE HATE OVER TIME on they nuke, until they actually take DMG, and same apply to all DD...

Oh and don't forget to rate me down, after all, all i say is so wrong lol
 Bismarck.Altar
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-03-07 19:20:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ilax said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
hate doesn't cap

I can't read

Stop misquoting and ignoring sarcasm.

What he said was preceded by "itt:"
which means he's making fun of someone else who clearly doesn't understand the hate system in ffxi
[+]
 Asura.Matzilla
Server: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2011-03-07 19:22:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ilax said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
hate doesn't cap

That kind of comment suprise me coming from you Nightfyre, take 1 ninja and 1 THF, and trust me way before NM reach 50% of his HP bar, you will cap, and you can notice easy, because blade:jin will do 1k dmg and evi will do 4k and as soon thf loose 1 shadow ninja get back the hate and thf get back the hate as soon ninja loose one shadow. HATE is caped at this point.

So put a PLD as tank(loosing HP none stop wich is >> loosing 1 shadow) and add up the DD that can CAP hate in no time (25% of NM health) then GL for them to tank. Of course MNK do better even loosing more HP (blodotank again) but the DMG he deal with counter + normal DMG make mnk able to keep his hate on CAP, same as blink tank can do.

They don't need to give more DMG to pld, but just raise the HATE CAP or even better, reduce the hate by tons from DD.

Of course reduce enmity lost form PLD wont fix ***, since DD already able to CAP hate in the first 25% NM health.

Of course the hate system was BROKEN @ 75 way before abyssea, who don't remember on JoL, the only damn way you could reset BLM hate from nuking is death or blm take dmg to reduce hate, bc ya AS FAR AS I KNOW, BLM DO NOT LOOSE HATE OVER TIME on they nuke, until they actually take DMG, and same apply to all DD...

Oh and don't forget to rate me down, after all, all i say is so wrong lol

people nuked jol down? lol

y u no have kclub drks
[+]
 Fenrir.Ilax
By Fenrir.Ilax 2011-03-07 19:22:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Altar said:
Fenrir.Ilax said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
hate doesn't cap

I can't read

which means he's making fun of someone else who clearly doesn't understand the hate system in ffxi

oh that what mean itt :( my bad i really did not know >< sorry Nightfyre ; ;
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-07 19:23:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Also there is this thing called volatile emnity that actually does go down over time and applies to everyone.
 Fenrir.Ilax
By Fenrir.Ilax 2011-03-07 19:25:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Also there is this thing called volatile emnity that actually does go down over time and applies to everyone.

ya, sadly is only oriented on enf. spell and JA :( that another issue. (kinda)
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-03-07 19:27:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ilax said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
hate doesn't cap

Sarcastic obv

Quote:

If they did either of these DDs could just do tons of DMG and not worry about ever pulling hate. That would break the game way more

Quote:
AS FAR AS I KNOW, BLM DO NOT LOOSE HATE OVER TIMEon they nuke, until they actually take DMG, and same apply to all DD...

Read CE/VE enmity values

[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-07 19:27:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ilax said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
I suggest you read kanicans testing or just take a look at hte tables.

Curing gives 6X as much VE as CE. Dealing dmg gives 3X as much VE as CE.
 Fenrir.Ilax
By Fenrir.Ilax 2011-03-07 19:32:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Ilax said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
I suggest you read kanicans testing or just take a look at hte tables.

Curing gives 6X as much VE as CE. Dealing dmg gives 3X as much VE as CE.

i should take a look on it, i am kinda outdated from last few update SE did on hate. Where i can find info Dasva and is still up to date?
 Fenrir.Ilax
By Fenrir.Ilax 2011-03-07 19:34:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Matzilla said:
people nuked jol down? lol

y u no have kclub drks

Probably because some obviously like to do stuff different way? Or was it because none of us had one hmmm, both answer work even if i know both amusing you :) Never really been in 'i zerg everything bc i am an emo DRK' ^^
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-07 19:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ilax said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Ilax said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
I suggest you read kanicans testing or just take a look at hte tables. Curing gives 6X as much VE as CE. Dealing dmg gives 3X as much VE as CE.
i should take a look on it, i am kinda outdated from last few update SE did on hate.

Where i can find info Dasva and is still up to date?
It's kinda old minus the new spells/jas and rdm nerf. http://kanican.livejournal.com/13235.html.

But the tables haven't been updated since 8/27/2010. So none of the new ja/spells
 Fenrir.Ilax
By Fenrir.Ilax 2011-03-07 19:41:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Ilax said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Ilax said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
I suggest you read kanicans testing or just take a look at hte tables. Curing gives 6X as much VE as CE. Dealing dmg gives 3X as much VE as CE.
i should take a look on it, i am kinda outdated from last few update SE did on hate.

Where i can find info Dasva and is still up to date?
It's kinda old minus the new spells/jas and rdm nerf. http://kanican.livejournal.com/13235.html.

But the tables haven't been updated since 8/27/2010. So none of the new ja/spells

yes that the one a actually read, i remember that took me forever to read all of it too lol What part in that test i missed that say Nuke hate vanish overtime?
 Fenrir.Ilax
By Fenrir.Ilax 2011-03-07 19:44:13
Link | Quote | Reply

nvm i found it: http://kanican.livejournal.com/31338.html
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-07 20:12:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ilax said:
Bismarck.Altar said:
Fenrir.Ilax said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
hate doesn't cap

I can't read

oh that what mean itt :( my bad i really did not know >< sorry Nightfyre ; ;
np ^^ ITT means "in this thread" and like they said it's generally sarcastic.

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

Eh, hate mechanics are sort of an issue since DDs can effortlessly maintain hate over healers. The damage mitigation available to DD jobs is definitely the bigger issue though.

Well even on PLD if I throw on RR/DD atmas etc I can at least put out high enough numbers to keep enmity up there, albeit a lot slower than DDs can.
Sure, but my point was that if DDs couldn't outpace healing enmity then DD tanking wouldn't be a functional strategy. Of course, then we're back to RDM tanking...
 Fenrir.Ilax
By Fenrir.Ilax 2011-03-07 20:34:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
If they did either of these DDs could just do tons of DMG and not worry about ever pulling hate. That would break the game way more

From now the game is already broken, but instead of say broken, let just say everyone are on steroid except for PLD? Imo if they raise the Hate cap, Trick attack the PLD become an option, it won't change much for mnk tanking, they still going to be able to do it, but it open a door for PLD again harder NM.

For now Trick attack the PLD is not even working, at least is only good for the first 25% health of NM then the pld come useless.

I can see SE come with new bunch of NM with 200~400k HP, that not going to be fun if PLD can't hold hate after 10% health of NM down. Nor is going to be fun to see that nm (@50%) run around mage, dd, and tank. lol
[+]
 Bismarck.Zagen
user: Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2011-03-08 18:53:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I get the whole PLD is dead thing after all I tank almost everything on MNK when I'm tanking. But PLD is still a fun job to play for me.

Fought the Diabolos one the other day and that was a pain in the butt BLM ended up brewing because we hadn't gotten past 90% after 10ish min. Was full alliance but we weren't prepared to fight it at all.

Fought Leviathan one a few times and it usually was luck on if the tank(s) got one shot from 2hour + poison aura.

Can the Ifrit one be done with MNK+WHM+BLM? Anything scary besides the 2hour? I mean the speed increase after buffs sounds like more counter proc chances.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-08 18:55:59
Link | Quote | Reply

The constant huge blaze spikes kinda sucks without phalanx to at least mininmize it. Most the tp moves can deal a good 1.5-2k dmg even with 2-3 shadows up. Was hitting me for like 400-500 + like 50+ enfire I think. Decent acc. Like sometimes had a hard time keep shadows up with just haste on thf. But no evasion gear besides dagger and it double attacks alot
 Bismarck.Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2011-03-08 19:02:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
The constant huge blaze spikes kinda sucks without phalanx to at least mininmize it. Most the tp moves can deal a good 1.5-2k dmg even with 2-3 shadows up. Was hitting me for like 400-500 + like 50+ enfire I think. Decent acc. Like sometimes had a hard time keep shadows up with just haste on thf. But no evasion gear besides dagger and it double attacks alot

Did you have Barfire/Fire Resist Atma on? Mostly trying to get a baseline of sorts if possible.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-08 19:04:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Barfira from whm. No fire resist atma. Shell V. MDB minor atma set. 2hr dmg range was pretty high. Like as low as 1500ish up to 4kish. Was weird. No brd carols. Orthus was a bit easier in alot of ways
 Bismarck.Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2011-03-08 19:17:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ugh not sounding like its gonna be any easier than the other 2 ~_~
I'm hoping not to have to go the BST duo route cuz that's so slow on NMs. Maybe BLUx2 Regurgitation kiting if MNK doesn't work out
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-08 19:21:30
Link | Quote | Reply

The T2 is much easier though if that means anything. Of course like all the new T2/3 VNMs pretty much immune to all or most debuffs. I tried kiting it a few times and it's movement speed seems to change or something. Like sometimes I could get a lead with 12% sometimes it would keep up
 Bahamut.Natashia
user: Natashia
By Bahamut.Natashia 2011-03-14 18:38:26
Link | Quote | Reply

i think people play mnk now cuz they see every other person play mnk so they try to convince u to convert to mnk tanks cuz they converted to be a mnk just like that other mnk that changed from pld to mnk.

hate to break it to you but that other mnk tank isnt paying for your ffxi credit card bill. you play your character the way you want to.

i will be making a ochain even tho i never use pld with ls evenets. im paying for the game so im obtaining what item i want. if my ls were to pay my credit card bill than yes i will level up mnk to tank
 Cerberus.Vaness
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-03-14 18:43:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Is this shield enough to get PLD back on track with tanking? I know it has 90% block rate, 25% damage converted to MP etc, but is it really worth it?
Oh noes /comfort
This is worst then making a Drk thread.

I used to think it's not worth it, but I changed my mind after seeing pretty good arguments.Ochain it is worth it, if you like PLD in general.But yeah, I know you will get 300 post saying the same thing but I will say it in a nice and friendly way.

The endgame today is abyssea, and in abyssea, ppl will see plds as useless caus they can kill with a mnk or any DD + whm that have a brain.

I <3 PLD ; ; R.I.P.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2011-03-14 18:50:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Barfira from whm. No fire resist atma. Shell V. MDB minor atma set. 2hr dmg range was pretty high. Like as low as 1500ish up to 4kish. Was weird. No brd carols. Orthus was a bit easier in alot of ways
I thought the easiest way to take on the T2 VNM's was to use SMN with Ducal Guard. Figure 2-3 on the mob + other jobs assisting to proc red/grellow = win?
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-14 18:50:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Almace is bigger than Ochain for PLD at the moment in terms of making it a functional "tank" in group events though Ochain adds more in terms of lowman function.

I fully intend to level my PLD as a DD onry as soon as I get 85Almace when the servers come up <_> should be funny to be able to outDD the vast majority of players on either my melee RDM or PLD.
 Asura.Matzilla
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2011-03-14 18:51:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Almace is bigger than Ochain for PLD at the moment in terms of making it a functional "tank" in group events though Ochain adds more in terms of lowman function.

I fully intend to level my PLD as a DD onry as soon as I get 85Almace when the servers come up <_> should be funny to be able to outDD the vast majority of players on either my melee RDM or PLD.

ochain adds a gigantic solo/ 0 support perspective to the almace+ochain experience
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-14 18:54:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless you're fighting NMs whose main mode of damage is unblockable TP moves ; ;
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9