Ochain
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-01-17 15:12:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Is this shield enough to get PLD back on track with tanking? I know it has 90% block rate, 25% damage converted to MP etc, but is it really worth it?
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-01-17 15:14:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Almace would help with tanking even more.
[+]
 Odin.Spccdog
Server: Odin
user: spccdog
By Odin.Spccdog 2011-01-17 15:14:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Pld is dead, level mnk
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-17 15:15:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Needs more almace. The reason pld isn't tanking it's it's surivibility which is still awesome it's inability to DD as well and therefore keep hate from everyone else that does melee well.

But as you know zorro slash is the sex
 Bahamut.Aeronis
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-01-17 15:25:58
Link | Quote | Reply

We're considering making one for a PLD in our shell, and I'm just looking for some reasoning as to why not, since I'm not really looking forward to something that takes so much time for something that is going to suck.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-17 15:27:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Do brd. Same stuff full of win
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Gradd
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-01-17 15:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Even with Ochain PLD is still the most useless job in the entire Game.

Counter and considerably higher Damage is what Makes MNK the powerful Tank that it is right now, not to mention Penance inhibits the mobs TP gain.

SE needs to do something to PLD, and trust me when I say Ochain isnt it.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-17 15:47:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I think someone hasn't seen almace or at least WoE swd in action.

As far as counter and stuff... well a good nin or thf can just rip hate from most mnks and tank just fine. Part of it is less dmg taken less hate loss. Which is what ochain offers. Ochain +almace should be good.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-17 15:52:44
Link | Quote | Reply

You're doing twice the work just to play catch-up and even then it'll never even come close to what an Empyrean MNK or NIN can do damage wise. Still not worth using PLD.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-01-17 15:59:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Paladin's only real issue right now, is it's subject to the hate cap, just like everything else. For Paladin to really come back, it needs a way to circumvent the standard enmity cap, and allow Damage Dealers to attack with impunity.

An Ochain PLD is literally, unkillable (Save for Death and Doom Effects), but at the moment, that will just make PLD the last one standing, not make the alliance/party safer.

If you Love PLD as a Job, yes Ochain is worth it, especially how it allows PLD to Lowman with little more than a Bard, simply to speed up the kill process. If you're an elitist all about just getting the best, then, well, no. Ochain isn't worth the time, but the game is much more satisfying if you play it how you enjoy it, and not how others tell you to.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-17 16:04:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Well when everyone is at the hate cap the person who is losing hate the slowest keeps hate the best. Also full af3+2 absorb rate is kinda redonkulous. If it stacks with atmas wonder how high you can get that....

Also high block rate also means high tp gain. And half the time you are making DDs hold back a little anyways till you proc whatever. Friggin !! have changed how we fight so much
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-17 16:08:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Well when everyone is at the hate cap the person who is losing hate the slowest keeps hate the best.
Unless everyone is recapping faster than the mob swings.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-17 16:13:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Well when everyone is at the hate cap the person who is losing hate the slowest keeps hate the best.
Unless everyone is recapping faster than the mob swings.
Then everyone is tanking :)
 Bismarck.Kyaaadaa
Server: Bismarck
user: Kyaaadaa
By Bismarck.Kyaaadaa 2011-02-11 08:22:02
Link | Quote | Reply

So if I've done my math right, and I sure hope to god I have, PLD should be able to stack thus:
50% PDT from various pieces of gear. I have no idea if Atma's are useful (such as Atma of the Heavens) if your equipment hits the cap.
6% convert to MP (full time) from earring and Creed legs +1.
10% Damage mitigation from Creed Cuirass. I also do not know if the game counts this as part of the PDT set.
25% Damage convert via Ochain.

I don't have this setup currently, but everything I've researched thus far shows it should be possible. If it is, PLD is looking at 101% physical damage reduction when Ochain blocks, and 76% damage reduction when it doesn't. If a PLD with these pieces can show proof that it does or doesn't work, that would be awesome.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-11 08:23:24
Link | Quote | Reply

And af3+2 absorb rate!
 Bismarck.Kyaaadaa
Server: Bismarck
user: Kyaaadaa
By Bismarck.Kyaaadaa 2011-02-11 08:24:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I did forget that didnt i...
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-11 08:27:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Full af3+2 and atma of the savoir gets you almost 40% I think... not sure how good the proc rate is on melo melos atma
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
Server: Carbuncle
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2011-02-11 08:46:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Pld always will be my fav job, even though havent played it in months lol, I would love to have Ochain
[+]
 Cerberus.Phyrefly
Server: Cerberus
user: Phyrefly
By Cerberus.Phyrefly 2011-02-11 09:08:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I am so happy to be in a linkshell that still uses paladins because I love the job. And we do just fine. So yeah, I'm going for this shield.
 Siren.Barber
Server: Siren
user: Barber
By Siren.Barber 2011-02-11 09:34:31
Link | Quote | Reply

The biggest problem for Pld is abyssea. There's just no way to compete with RR. But if the next endgame area is actually outside and atma free they have a chance of at least being the safest tank. Without HP buffs a -ga4 still hurts. And monks are a lot more mortal with 1800 HP than they are with 3500. And mp runs out a lot quicker with 3/tick refresh in gear for mages than with 20.

Inside, pld will never be ideal. But stepping back into einherjar this month even at the 90 cap made me realize people are quickly forgetting what a ninja's life is like without RR.
[+]
 Caitsith.Amonk
Server: Caitsith
user: Amonk
By Caitsith.Amonk 2011-02-11 09:48:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Hate to be a bubble buster, but the AF3+2 absorb rate is nothing to brag about- 5% or so.
For the full set that is.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
Server: Lakshmi
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2011-03-01 21:04:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a question I've been wondering about, but does the level 85 version of Ochain have the broken block rate, or is that reserved for the level 90 version?

Was curious about it, since Stage 2 Harp isn't really fancy looking on it's stats, and I'm guessing alot of the info on Ochain is based on the level 90 version?
 Sylph.Quiznor
Server: Sylph
user: Quiznor
By Sylph.Quiznor 2011-03-01 21:06:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Spccdog said:
Pld is dead, level mnk

Same quote everytime lol so *** fail

If I didnt know better I'd say you're a meme generator bot stuck on the same one over and over.

New Material {Do you have it?}
[+]
 Diabolos.Fattynoob
Server: Diabolos
user: xprophetx
By Diabolos.Fattynoob 2011-03-01 21:46:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Dont care about 'dead jobs'. I am also making an Ochain. Why? Because PLD is and forever will be my favorite job. Even tho my THF is much more useful tanking these days. It's still nice to pull the PLD out for raja and other fun stuff that hits/casts a little too hard for my THF. Plus i hold hope that the new BCNMS and 99 content will put good PLD's back to use.

It all depends on the main goal behind it. Is it for linkshell use? I would agree with das to maybe make the harp instead then. Just an item one of your friends want? With no linkshell/practical use intended for it? Not so much.

'gasp' Play how/what you want to play. You pay for the game. Not these haters cos their PLD is useless.

Reply to das, its a maximum 5% proc rate on absorb. i have 5/5 +2. and the 25% used to be posted was some noobs joke.
[+]
 Ramuh.Yarly
Server: Ramuh
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2011-03-01 22:00:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Almace and Ochain makes pld pretty amazing on its own. Of course, when you compare to the other jobs it's not that great anymore. Still, make what you want.

I'd rather be in a group that can grellow/red/blue perfectly and uses an Almace/Ochain PLD tank than playing single-player fantasy xi with limited grellow/red/blue procs
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Thedreamer
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Thedreamer 2011-03-07 18:01:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wait Se make an expanssion with new zones out of abyssea and their boost, and plps will remember WAR and MNK have NOT 3-4k life outside and die like ***...
And they'll remember pld is the only job who can tank (reals)Hnms.

Once again the question in this game have NEVER been why pld dont have dd ? but HOW peoples would not get hate from tanks to do their jobs nice...
Its only thanks to abyssea boost than war or mnk can survive and make high hate...divide by two their life and DD and whats left ?...

Since years WARs or Blms could pow any hnms fast, but would just die like ***fast and put everyone in a hard spot, so they was not ALLOWED to do so...

Pld is in cooldown atm, but be sur he'll come back soon enouth.

@About Ochain: *** YOU SE for make another shield "close impossible to get".
Srly, worst idea ever.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2011-03-07 18:05:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Is this shield enough to get PLD back on track with tanking? I know it has 90% block rate, 25% damage converted to MP etc, but is it really worth it?

I'd say it's awesome for solo'ing. But really once hate is capped, the jobs with faster attack rates will "keep hate" better. Jobs like MNK, DNC, and NIN all have very low delay. While WAR may be able to reach hate cap faster, once everyone's capped out, it's mostly a matter of "who hit the mob last?".
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9