Fix Campaign Battles?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Fix campaign battles?
Fix campaign battles?
First Page 2 3
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-02-21 00:59:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I am heartily sick of running out to a campaign battle only to stand around for five minutes and get no xp while a group of two or three people kill a mob off in the middle of nowhere away from the fortification. It's rude, frankly. Even those of us with ranger and widescan don't always go to battles on ranger and can't always find the mobs. So I was wondering, how difficult would it be for SE to do something about that? Could they not have the campaign mobs spawn directly at the fortifications, and then if they get pulled a certain distance away, the mobs could Rage and just destroy anyone near them?
 Ifrit.Jurai
Server: Ifrit
user: Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2009-02-21 01:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure what they could do but yes that is really annoying! Maybe just make the mobs return to the fort they are attacking after being pulled x distance away would be ok.. but then you could use that to shed hate if you aggroed something?
 Odin.Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-02-21 01:10:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Of course, after they raged and killed anyone near them they would have to un-rage before they went back to the fortification so that people could not pull them away just to mpk everyone else.
 Odin.Arnor
user: arnor
By Odin.Arnor 2009-02-21 01:15:42
Link | Quote | Reply

honestly if they did that you would still get crap exp cause the NPCs rape the mobs so fast they wont lsat long enough.. thats the reason most people pull away from fort.. its a damned if you do damned if you dont.. you pull solo you piss people off you dont you get crap exp too.. no NPCs you get raped by megaboss NPCs mobs last 3 seconds
 Odin.Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-02-21 01:16:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Then make the NPC's weaker? Honestly, this is annoying as hell. Someone really needs to do something about it.
 Odin.Arnor
By Odin.Arnor 2009-02-21 01:22:14
Link | Quote | Reply

my only issue with fixing it atm is if they fix something about it something else will probably break.. honestly i have more problems finding a battle that will last longer then 5 seconds when i get there anymore.. maybe fix the delay on the campaign map

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-02-21 01:40:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I do remember that, actually. And I don't think the NPC's are too strong. It still takes us a right long time to kill mobs like Gi'Ghi Rockchopper and so forth, even with NPC's! It just really does annoy me half senseless when people pull mobs ridiculous lengths away so that no one else can get any xp.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-02-21 01:42:35
Link | Quote | Reply

:-) Good advice, Barti!
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-02-21 01:47:53
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

I have to agree. They should make a patch where the mob you're pulling out should at a certain distance lose interest and run to the fortification like normal.
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-02-21 02:05:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bartimaeus said:
They should probably put a range on the pulls you can do. (If they have one, I'm not aware. Please inform :P)

I honestly don't think there's a range at all to how far you can pull them. I've seen people pull mobs almost to other side of the zone in East Ronfaure (why I have no idea), and I've seen guys run from aggro to damn near Jugner and Sandy as well. Maybe there is, but if there even is one it's gotta be big. At any rate, I personally like to stick close...I don't need any deaths like 3 miles away from everybody, that ***sucks lol...

At any rate, yeah, I agree, they need to keep the mobs closer to the fortification. Ditto on the delay with battles showing up on the map, why not a counter like Besieged? Regardless of how quickly they want to do it at least you could plan ahead and be somewhere before the battle actually starts. Plus, make the battle times a little more consistent...it drives me nuts with battles varying from like 10 minutes or less to an hour or more. I've been in battles with like 40+ NPCs for like 6 orcs, and battles of like 40+ orcs versus me and like 3 other PC's...those are the best cause we all stand there and look at each other uneasily while they tear down our fort, awesome. Anyways, I don't want them to necessarily ramp up mob difficulty, but have the AI move units around a little more intelligently.
 Bahamut.Danagon
Server: Bahamut
user: Danagon
By Bahamut.Danagon 2009-02-21 02:11:49
Link | Quote | Reply

didnt you guys ever stop to think "hey lets hand in tags and go to another zone :D" ffs?
 Odin.Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-02-21 02:13:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes. But if you are not sure if the reason the battle is still going on is because someone was inconsiderate and pulled a mob away or if there's another army coming to fight, then it really is kind of dumb to just leave.

Post deleted by User.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-02-21 02:14:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Danagon said:
didnt you guys ever stop to think "hey lets hand in tags and go to another zone :D" ffs?

Sure, and I do when it's really rough...but haven't you ever bounced all over Vana'diel to basically show up, get 200 exp, and have the battle end? It's a pain in the ***...

Edit:

Bartimaeus said:
Likewise, sometimes warping around trying to find the next battle wastes as much time when a battle re-springs in the same zone. It's always pretty much a gamble.

This.

Just a little more consistency would work wonders, I think.

Instead of complaining about how people are able to get more EXP than you do, you ought to solo/duo yourself.

Not hard really. /DNC if you're a DD, or if you're one of the weaker jobs, team up with a friend or two.
 Bahamut.Danagon
By Bahamut.Danagon 2009-02-21 02:17:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Liela said:
Yes. But if you are not sure if the reason the battle is still going on is because someone was inconsiderate and pulled a mob away or if there's another army coming to fight, then it really is kind of dumb to just leave.

thats like going to a place with a CB on atm and you get there it ends? not gonna stay on coz you just came >_> all in all ya just hanging around trade in tags and leave
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-02-21 02:17:42

Aledacia said:
Instead of complaining about how people are able to get more EXP than you do, you ought to solo/duo yourself.

Not hard really. /DNC if you're a DD, or if you're one of the weaker jobs, team up with a friend or two.

That's not really a solution to the given subject.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-02-21 02:19:58
Link | Quote | Reply

My husband actually suggested this to me as well, Aledacia. In fact, during battles where there are few people fighting, we have actually duo'ed mobs before right next to the fortification, quite easily. But if I find it rude to pull a mob away in other people, I am certainly not going to do it myself. Thanks, but I'd rather be halfway considerate to those around me.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-02-21 02:20:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bartimaeus said:
Not to mention, it's almost an art for mage jobs like mine to get good experience (non-/nin) in campaign. You have to die, enfeeble, cure, raise, damage, and enhance. Try it :P

Oh, God, I have. My lower level has something to do with I'm sure, but my return is god awful on WHM compared to DNC.

Sucks cause I really wanted to use Campaign to get some levels with it...I neglect it so often because I static on my DNC so much.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-02-21 02:25:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Liela said:
It's rude, frankly.

That's FFXI for ya. People are greedy, selfish, jerks. Stick your head in an HNM shell for 2 minutes and you'll get the idea. In essence, it describes life in general. I know it sounds pessimistic but people don't care about you. They just want what's good for them.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-02-21 02:26:43

I have an idea! Why don't allied tags have a hidden effect of electric fence like those dog collars so when you run away too far from the fortification you get super mega shock DoT of 50 hp/tick xD
 Bahamut.Danagon
By Bahamut.Danagon 2009-02-21 02:27:32
Link | Quote | Reply

just a quick question >_> when your CBing are you doing it so the randomer next to you gets exp or for yourself?
 Odin.Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-02-21 02:30:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Obviously I am there to get xp for myself. But it's there for everyone, and I like it just as much with more people there getting xp. (Just me = dead me.) And getting it for myself does not change the fact that taking it away from others is rude.
 Odin.Arnor
By Odin.Arnor 2009-02-21 02:30:31
Link | Quote | Reply

i honestly hate to see garliage owned by windy... i love when its beast owned cause its some of the best exp out there.. almost as good as wehn the beast owned everything but bastok.. yeah it sucked that the NPCs disappeared but bastok markets S exp was better then exp party exp lol.. though some jobs have it alot easier then others.. like smn and sch with AoE buffs and cures gets awesome exp.. though a pld whos best exp comes from tanking and taking damage or a dancer or /dnc or even a ninja can get better exp soloing then joining the big groups rapin gmobs.. and honestly its not the npcs being there that destroys exp its the ammount of mobs.. in tiny *** fort ive seen more mobs then i normally see in grauberg or pashow.. and its not just PCs that run to meet mobs lol i do remember a few times where NPCs ran past the gate to the south in rolanberry and claimed all the mobs near the NM slug spawn lol
 Bahamut.Ziggz
user: Ziggz
By Bahamut.Ziggz 2009-02-21 02:30:53
Link | Quote | Reply

the entire point of campaign battle imo is to be able to do it without partying up... it's convenient to party up yes, but we aren't always presented with that option. the problem with campaign times seems to only be around on weekends. i have been to zone before with the campaign battle supposedly going on, only to get to the npc and find out all i can do is teleport back. so yeah, fixing that stupid delay on the map would be nice. also, the npcs are too strong. and it ticks me off when every npc from sandy/bastok/windy comes to the battle and beats all 20 mobs in a matter of 3 minutes... get a whopping 100 xp from that battle... the beastmen are just the right strength. they can be soloed by most 75 jobs, so i think that is decent. the bosses are almost all overpowered. without npcs, it takes a good 30+ people to take out one boss... so... imo, the best solution for fixing campaign would be to simply dumb down the npcs, or at least limit the number of them that come to one fort...
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-02-21 02:30:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
I have an idea! Why don't allied tags have a hidden effect of electric fence like those dog collars so when you run away too far from the fortification you get super mega shock DoT of 50 hp/tick xD

Nice! Or maybe even have the collars explode after a certain amount of time out of bounds? lol
 Bahamut.Danagon
By Bahamut.Danagon 2009-02-21 02:32:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Liela said:
Obviously I am there to get xp for myself. But it's there for everyone, and I like it just as much with more people there getting xp. (Just me = dead me.) And getting it for myself does not change the fact that taking it away from others is rude.

so when you outclaim someone on a NM you what do ya say sorry invite them to pt and let them try to lot on it? >_>
First Page 2 3