Fix Campaign Battles?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Fix campaign battles?
Fix campaign battles?
 Bahamut.Ziggz
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ziggz
By Bahamut.Ziggz 2009-02-21 03:14:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Malekith said:
Ziggs sums it up... you ever see Vunkert or Jugner with 2 full squads of NPC? Outside of the Orc megaboss with the gold mask, two squads will chew through anything...

That's why I really think they need to fix the way NPCs deploy and make them smarter. It is balanced sometimes, but it get's horribly skewed a lot. 40 NPCs on 6 Orcs or 40 Orcs on 6 PC's? Wtf??

yep, it seems to me that SE has just made it a random dice roll as to where the npcs go. there is a constant list in the city of whats being deployed where, beastmen and npc alike. but, it doesn't seem to mean much of anything other than an attack may happen, or.. npcs will stand at a fort because they can...
 Bahamut.Danagon
user: Danagon
By Bahamut.Danagon 2009-02-21 03:15:16
Link | Quote | Reply

well its not that its whats fighting what really :x if BLM mob vs RNG npcs its -ga spam em till the end just pot luck really
 Bahamut.Danagon
user: Danagon
By Bahamut.Danagon 2009-02-21 03:17:03
Link | Quote | Reply

altho could have a set kinda thing for what fights what like these NPCs will only fight these mobs etc
 Shiva.Ethereal
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Ethereal 2009-02-21 03:25:49
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

My favorite is when NPCs are deployed to a zone where a battle never happens, then you get the "Return home victorious" message lol.
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-02-21 03:34:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ethereal said:
My favorite is when NPCs are deployed to a zone where a battle never happens, then you get the "Return home victorious" message lol.

Yeah, that's always awesome. I really should screenshot those "You have received 0 experience points" battles for the lulz.

SE needs to fix NPC deployment as well as when battle is over. Absolutely.

Fort-K-N (S), 1 group of Yags, 6 groups of NPC, 100 people (No *** thanks.)

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Ethereal said:

Yeah, that's always awesome. I really should screenshot those "You have received 0 experience points" battles for the lulz.

The Piscean Warlocks have returned victorious from the battlefield!
The Campaign Battle has ended.
You receive 0 Experience Points!
You receive 1 allied notes.
 Odin.Arnor
Server: Odin
user: arnor
By Odin.Arnor 2009-02-21 04:02:38
Link | Quote | Reply

making them retreat when NM dies would never work.. ive seen it where the megaboss is first one to run up and ive seen it where hes the last.. and as for that crimsonarmor in graubergs a joke.. if it ended when he died it would be over too quick.. and i would liek to see them do away with the campaign just with the mobs dropping bombs and warping.. you get 5 of those dropping bombs and its over its more of a waste of everyones time then a way to gain exp..
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [244 days between previous and next post]
 Unicorn.Moldtech
Server: Unicorn
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2009-10-23 07:41:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Majere said:
Should do it like Everquest 2 does and leash the mobs. At a certain distance the mob breaks the encounter and goes back to its spawn point. In our case it would need to go back to the fortification. Should be an easy fix...

That...

Danagon said:
im saying ya cant get mad at someone soloing for more exp >_> dont like it leave

Of course ya know, mob hording is a nono. As well as you monopolizing the new Union system. If ya wanna solo they created FoV for joo, not campaign. Campaign is for a mass group to fight not just for you to fight.

Even though I find it humorous to put RR on and kite Campaign mobs to the solo'ers and die next to them and get up after they are dead and leave them for dead. I mean the far off solo'ers too, few feet in visible range of fort is cool but like RolanberryS and thier past that NE gate or way in the corner on other side of that skeleton spine thingy, yea, they gonna HP from there too.

Luckily in Campaign accidents happen since the campaign mobs agro all with tags ^^ Havent seen anyone banned yet for a campaign MPK, doubt we'll see that in the future either ^^b Possibly because to explain you're getting MPK'd you're gonna have to explain your mob hording way away from the fort.

Aledacia said:
SE needs to fix NPC deployment as well as when battle is over. Absolutely.

Fort-K-N (S), 1 group of Yags, 6 groups of NPC, 100 people (No *** thanks.)

That...

They need to fix whack-a-fort too. I dont care if someone goes afk on a fort or not myself. Didnt effect my xp. Now campaign is if beastmen get a zone...it's thier zone. No one wants to waste thier time reaquiring that zone.