Eccentric Eve Run; 11/19/2010cccc
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Diabolos.Xeonha
Server: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
user: Xeonha
By Diabolos.Xeonha 2010-11-17 21:57:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you need atma of the voracious violet? Yugl and I are hosting a run on friday the 19th, 4pm pst. We are selling spots at 400k a pop. You can contact either of us in game, or message Yugl on BG. His username there is the same one in game.

What is atma of the voracious violet? It is an atma that drops from Eccentric Eve, and gives STR+50 Double Attack+5% and 2/tp tick Regain. It helps even if you are a mage because atmas affect pets as well! So if you are interested, once again, just send either of us a message.

eta: this is not asking for help. if we needed help we wouldn't charge.
[+]
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-11-17 22:02:50
Link | Quote | Reply

So you're charging people to help you. Classy bro!
[+]
 Alexander.Odaka
Server: Alexander
user: Odaka
By Alexander.Odaka 2010-11-17 22:03:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Khimaira said:

this

hell i was working on getting pops for eccentric eve myself. My group doesn't consist of 18 people, but if people want in, they'll get in, no charge.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snick
Server: Fenrir
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-11-17 22:04:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Khimaira said:
This really. Get all the manpower yourself then sell it lol.

Can be done WHM/DD/stunbot, let people who proc red !! not pay. Rest should pay. Don't be stupid.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-11-17 22:05:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Odaka said:
Shiva.Khimaira said:

this

hell i was working on getting pops for eccentric eve myself. My group doesn't consist of 18 people, but if people want in, they'll get in, no charge.
If you work on your own pop and shout people will join. I didn't charge people when I went to get RR for my LS and was 18/18 in like 30 minutes lol.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-17 22:07:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Khimaira said:
You assume they actually need help to kill it lol. Eve's a joke, these people are probably just leeching.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-11-17 22:08:50
Link | Quote | Reply

From the OP it sounded like, to me at least, they were asking people to help actually kill Eve~
[+]
 Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-11-17 22:12:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snick said:
From the OP it sounded like, to me at least, they were asking people to help actually kill Eve~

If they werent asking this, they need to severely rephrase the OP.
[+]
 Diabolos.Yugl
user: Yugl
By Diabolos.Yugl 2010-11-17 22:16:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Newsflash: Me and Xeonha have the atma.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-17 22:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Khimaira said:
Fenrir.Snick said:

If they werent asking this, they need to severely rephrase the OP.
Why? They never said anything about needing help.
[+]
 Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-11-17 22:17:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Yugl said:
Newsflash: Me and Xeonha have the atma.

Irrelevant
[+]
 Alexander.Odaka
Server: Alexander
user: Odaka
By Alexander.Odaka 2010-11-17 22:18:41
Link | Quote | Reply

so your trying to get a shitton of gil for somethin as simple as eve

good lawd
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-17 22:22:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Odaka said:
so your trying to get a shitton of gil for somethin as simple as eve

good lawd
Why exactly wouldn't you charge people too lazy to get such a good, yet easy to obtain atma on their own?
[+]
 Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-11-17 22:22:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Odaka said:
so your trying to get a shitton of gil for somethin as simple as eve good lawd
It's not even so much that they're selling the atma, but they're selling people the right to help them kill it. If you have the manpower and some spaces in the Party/Alliance, by all means sell it, but when people are killing something for you they deserve a reward if anything, and paying you isn't one.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-17 22:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Khimaira said:
Alexander.Odaka said:
It's not even so much that they're selling the atma, but they're selling people the right to help them kill it. If you have the manpower and some spaces in the Party/Alliance, by all means sell it, but when people are killing something for you they deserve a reward if anything, and paying you isn't one.
They're selling leech spots. I can never tell if you're trolling or just being yourself these days =\
[+]
 Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-11-17 22:24:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Shiva.Khimaira said:
Alexander.Odaka said:
They're selling leech spots. I can never tell if you're trolling or just being yourself these days =\

Not doing either bro. You speculated that they could be selling leech spots, that doesn't make it fact. The OP hasn't cleared it up, and it still looks like thats what the OP comment said.
[+]
 Diabolos.Yugl
By Diabolos.Yugl 2010-11-17 22:24:15
Link | Quote | Reply

1. Did they farm the pop set?
2. Why should I use my popset for them?
3. People make money for something as simple as washing clothes. What's your point?

Edit: Let me make this clearer. WE DERIVE NO BENEFIT FROM KILLING EE. I can't use his gear (Hell, it could go freelot for all I care). I don't need the atma. I don't need the title. I happen to have a pop item from solo farming, so I give people an *opportunity*.
[+]
 Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-11-17 22:28:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bro, people aren't going to pay for the right to help you out they may for the atma when youve already arranged to kill it but that doesn't seem like what your offering. If you need them to help kill, then if anything you should be paying them.
[+]
 Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-11-17 22:28:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't matter if you need it or not, doesn't change the fact that you NEED their help to kill it.
 Diabolos.Yugl
By Diabolos.Yugl 2010-11-17 22:32:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's the fallacy of your argument: They're not helping me. If I gain nothing, how is it helping me? We have people we know that we are bringing to kill the NM. The people paying are purchasing the time I spent farming the pop items, the labor of the individuals helping (i.e. not buyers), and the atma itself. Plus, I've already calculated whatever utility they bring to the table. Their work is worth 100k. Therefore, it's 400k instead of 500k. Problem solved.
[+]
 Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-11-17 22:38:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Yugl said:
Here's the fallacy of your argument: They're not helping me. If I gain nothing, how is it helping me? We have people we know that we are bringing to kill the NM. The people paying are purchasing the time I spent farming the pop items, the labor of the individuals helping (i.e. not buyers), and the atma itself. Plus, I've already calculated whatever utility they bring to the table. Their work is worth 100k. Therefore, it's 400k instead of 500k. Problem solved.

You want the NM killed, whether you want something from it or not. That's still a valid point, sorry they're helping you.

Also, you've let this thread operate so far under the assumption you need your buyers to kill it, if you have people to help kill it, then sell the atma, just consider rephrasing because if you need the people you're selling to to help you kill it then your being a douche for charging them. And whatever utility they bring to the table, it's going to be worth more than 100k.
[+]
 Diabolos.Xeonha
user: Xeonha
By Diabolos.Xeonha 2010-11-17 22:40:56
Link | Quote | Reply

lol this turned weird, fast. ok dudes and dudettes, we can kill this ourselves. We don't need help. We are offering people a chance to get the atma at a price. We aren't forcing anyone to come. If people don't want to pay they can go with friends or farm their own pop. It really.. really.. isn't a big deal.
[+]
 Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-11-17 22:42:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Xeonha said:
lol this turned weird, fast. ok dudes and dudettes, we can kill this ourselves. We don't need help. We are offering people a chance to get the atma at a price. We aren't forcing anyone to come. If people don't want to pay they can go with friends or farm their own pop. It really.. really.. isn't a big deal.
Finally some clarification. Consider rephrasing your original post, the way it was phrased suggested it was just you and your friend, and you needed the buyers to both pay you and kill it for you.
By burmecia 2010-11-17 22:51:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow...

People, if you don't want to pay for this atma then YOU DON'T HAVE TO JOIN.

What a concept. o_o
[+]
 Diabolos.Yugl
By Diabolos.Yugl 2010-11-17 22:54:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Khimaira said:
Diabolos.Yugl said:

You want the NM killed, whether you want something from it or not. That's still a valid point, sorry they're helping you.

Also, you've let this thread operate so far under the assumption you need your buyers to kill it, if you have people to help kill it, then sell the atma, just consider rephrasing because if you need the people you're selling to to help you kill it then your being a douche for charging them. And whatever utility they bring to the table, it's going to be worth more than 100k.

1. Making false assumptions is the fault of one making the assumptions.
2. Their utility is 100k under our standards. If people don't link it, they won't buy it. Simple as that.
3. We wouldn't kill it if buyers didn't need it. Therefore, they're only helping themselves.
4. Since we're providing service, we select the price.
5. Straight up question: Why don't we just cancel it? It seems like a bad idea to offer opportunities.

Edit: If your assumptions were correct, we need not pay for anything (Cars, Books, or even Water) because we're helping you by getting rid of your inventory. See how ridiculous your statements are?
[+]
 Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-11-17 22:59:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Yugl said:
Shiva.Khimaira said:
Diabolos.Yugl said:
You want the NM killed, whether you want something from it or not. That's still a valid point, sorry they're helping you. Also, you've let this thread operate so far under the assumption you need your buyers to kill it, if you have people to help kill it, then sell the atma, just consider rephrasing because if you need the people you're selling to to help you kill it then your being a douche for charging them. And whatever utility they bring to the table, it's going to be worth more than 100k.
1. Making false assumptions is the fault of one making the assumptions. 2. Their utility is 100k under our standards. If people don't link it, they won't buy it. Simple as that. 3. We wouldn't kill it if buyers didn't need it. Therefore, they're only helping themselves. 4. Since we're providing service, we select the price. 5. Straight up question: Why don't we just cancel it? It seems like a bad idea to offer opportunities.

1. You let the assumptions play out by responding to people reacting off of them, sometimes you have to assume ***, this being one of those times.
2. Suppose if that's how you feel that's how you feel.
4. Fair enough, but there was no implication of such service being provided at the start of the thread.
5. What?
[+]
 Diabolos.Yugl
By Diabolos.Yugl 2010-11-17 23:07:15
Link | Quote | Reply

1. If you assume and you're wrong, it's your fault.
4. Receiving the opportunity to fight without farming pop items is a service. This is true whether we do or do not need their help.
5. People attack the service without offering reform. Do you not want the service to exist in the first place? Do you want people to get the atma for free (If it is this, you have explain why people should not pay for the time I take to farm the pop items)? Do you want it to be cheaper? That's the issue I take with the previous posts.
[+]
 Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-11-17 23:11:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Yugl said:
1. If you assume and you're wrong, it's your fault. 4. Receiving the opportunity to fight without farming pop items is a service. This is true whether we do or do not need their help. 5. People attack the service without offering reform. Do you not want the service to exist in the first place? Do you want people to get the atma for free (If it is this, you have explain why people should not pay for the time I take to farm the pop items)? Do you want it to be cheaper? That's the issue I take with the previous posts.

You having a pop item is worthless if you don't have people to kill it. Them being able to kill it is useless without having a pop. That being said, you need them to kill your pop for you. They don't need to kill it for you, they could farm their own. Once again, if anything, they're doing you a service.

Also, an assumption can be wrong, but it isn't my fault if it's the most logical assumption with the current information. And if you let someone operate under an assumption, your just as at fault for it being wrong.
[+]
 Diabolos.Yugl
By Diabolos.Yugl 2010-11-17 23:19:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do I need them to kill it for me? I'm fine if it's worthless.

Assumptions aren't made off logical inferences. Inductive and deductive reasoning are made off inferences. If you make an assumption, the only thing you can assert is that IF the assumption is true, then _____ follows. In other words, you can only discern contradictions and conditional statements. If there is fault for letting people assume wrong, then anyone can be fault regardless of their own volition. That's absurd.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7