Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-11-18 07:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Topdogg said:
Diabolos.Yugl said:
we worked for the pop item, so why if you suggest that it be free, you're suggesting that our labor during the fight means less than yours.

when did "sitting on ur fat *** playing a video game" be considered work and hard labor? It costs you nothing to get these pop items except time you could be spending idling at Horst in port jeuno. This is just another lazy pathetic way to make gil.

yeah absolutely great point man

now what REALLY gets me upset is when these inconsiderate jerks spend time farming stuff like spicules

and then they have the sheer gall not to put it up on the ah for free

i mean they're just playing a video game, so they need to go ahead and hand it the *** over
[+]
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-11-18 09:48:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Oi I caused problems. Let me clarify. In the very first pages, the OP made it seem like he was asking people to pay for the right to kill it for him. Now that he's clarified that he has the means to kill it and is just selling "leech" spots, he has every right to.

Theres no reason Atma cant be sold, period. Any other opinion is wrong. /Thread
 Diabolos.Yugl
Server: Diabolos
user: Yugl
By Diabolos.Yugl 2010-11-18 11:31:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Topdogg said:
Diabolos.Yugl said:
we worked for the pop item, so why if you suggest that it be free, you're suggesting that our labor during the fight means less than yours.

when did "sitting on ur fat *** playing a video game" be considered work and hard labor? It costs you nothing to get these pop items except time you could be spending idling at Horst in port jeuno. This is just another lazy pathetic way to make gil.

1. Way to sidestep the question. If I'm putting effort into the fight and they're putting effort into the fight, then our efforts should cancel out each other. I'm helping him kill the NM as much as he or she (If they weren't just sitting there for the atma) is. Unlike me, he is receiving the atma. Unlike me, he did not take the TIME to farm the pop item. If you suggest that they should not pay me and Xeo, you're suggesting that our time means nothing, our effort means less than yours, or that getting an atma means nothing (In which case, we're just as good kicking you before the NM dies as we are keeping you in the alliance).

2. Oddly enough, it's because I don't have a lot of time to do things like farming pop items that I am charging. Time, both in Abyssea and in RL, is a scarce resource for me. It's unfair that I should be your slave and farm pop items for you without compensation while you're out only profiting yourself. It's unfair that I should handle my earnings to you when you won't go out of your way to spend gil buying me items that I want.

3. Ready for the real kicker? I've done 2 EE before this for the atma. On both attempts, I invited people that helped me in the past FOR FREE (Both interpretations are correct; it was free for them and in the past, they helped me without cost). Even friends of my friends were able to join the fight. In short, if you did not get it, it means you were not on (And this EE is to remedy that problem), you never helped or cared to help me, and you're probably going to have to pay to get in on the remaining spots.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-11-18 11:55:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy ***at this thread, seriously. There are no words.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-11-18 12:15:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Dammit I hate when I miss the all fun.

ITT: Selling atmas is bad?

Can someone remind why selling Atma's is any different than selling any other peice of gear..well besides that Eve's atma will do way more for you DD jobs than almost any single obtainable item in game right now.

SideNote: LTB Durinn's atma. 400k + sexual favors just /t me in game.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-11-18 12:17:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Sweet, I have a Durinn pop. I hope you like dressing as a Mithra, Zor.

:3

well that was kinda creepy even typing it but yah. I'll let you know soon~ obviously no cost.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-11-18 12:22:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Not much phases me in life but..
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Sweet, I hope you like dressing as a Mithra, Zor. :)
Turned me on way more than it should have. 8)
 Diabolos.Slanderous
By Diabolos.Slanderous 2010-11-18 12:51:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Yugl said:
Gilgamesh.Topdogg said:
Diabolos.Yugl said:

1. Way to sidestep the question. If I'm putting effort into the fight and they're putting effort into the fight, then our efforts should cancel out each other. I'm helping him kill the NM as much as he or she (If they weren't just sitting there for the atma) is. Unlike me, he is receiving the atma. Unlike me, he did not take the TIME to farm the pop item. If you suggest that they should not pay me and Xeo, you're suggesting that our time means nothing, our effort means less than yours, or that getting an atma means nothing (In which case, we're just as good kicking you before the NM dies as we are keeping you in the alliance).

2. Oddly enough, it's because I don't have a lot of time to do things like farming pop items that I am charging. Time, both in Abyssea and in RL, is a scarce resource for me. It's unfair that I should be your slave and farm pop items for you without compensation while you're out only profiting yourself. It's unfair that I should handle my earnings to you when you won't go out of your way to spend gil buying me items that I want.

3. Ready for the real kicker? I've done 2 EE before this for the atma. On both attempts, I invited people that helped me in the past FOR FREE (Both interpretations are correct; it was free for them and in the past, they helped me without cost). Even friends of my friends were able to join the fight. In short, if you did not get it, it means you were not on (And this EE is to remedy that problem), you never helped or cared to help me, and you're probably going to have to pay to get in on the remaining spots.
wow ppl 6 pages.... and i can vouch that he has helped out anyone that has helped him. Its too bad only trolls read these post's.
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-11-18 12:55:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Selling Atmas is the new Summoner burning.
Server: Siren
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2010-11-18 14:47:17
Link | Quote | Reply

selling atma's is bad mmmkay..

on a side note imma go farm some dynamis and give away all the coins i don't need.. its wrong to sell stuff in a video game ... rly

Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-11-18 14:50:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Sweet, I have a Durinn pop. I hope you like dressing as a Mithra, Zor.

:3

well that was kinda creepy even typing it but yah. I'll let you know soon~ obviously no cost.

I have it, my favours!
By Serj 2010-11-18 14:59:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Holy ***at this thread, seriously. There are no words.
 Diabolos.Xeonha
user: Xeonha
By Diabolos.Xeonha 2010-11-18 15:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

ppl be crazy :(
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-11-18 15:14:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Sweet, I have a Durinn pop. I hope you like dressing as a Mithra, Zor. :3 well that was kinda creepy even typing it but yah. I'll let you know soon~ obviously no cost.
I have it, my favours!
~Wink!
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-11-18 15:15:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess I'm just in the extreme minority who likes to be nice :)
[+]
By Serj 2010-11-18 15:18:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
I guess I'm just an extreme minority who likes to be nice :)

I'm all for being nice. When I build up some pop sets, I'm going to invite friends to help them get the atma for free. I won't charge for it because I know enough people to invite that could use it. Hell, of the items in my bazaar, I've only gotten paid for selling 1 pair of heafoc mitts, and I sold them for half-price.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-11-18 15:19:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd do it for free too :/

Not that I'm against you selling Atma, a sucker is born every minute.
[+]
 Asura.Natenn
Server: Asura
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2010-11-18 15:22:12
Link | Quote | Reply

charge 1.5M or tell em to go kick rocks!
 Fenrir.Snick
Server: Fenrir
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-11-18 15:35:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Oi, I guess I was wrong~
 Seraph.Gilhaven
Server: Seraph
user: Gilhaven
By Seraph.Gilhaven 2010-11-18 15:50:56
Link | Quote | Reply

What ever happened to helping ppl out just for the sake of helping and the reward was feeling good about yourself for doing so?? I guess greed will (for the most part) prevail. To those extreme few who help others....bravo. I've been playing this game for way too long now and wouldnt even think of charging anyone money if they needed my help. If you got room for a few ppl who need atma's..charging em for it is just plain old greedy.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-11-18 15:57:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Gilhaven said:
What ever happened to helping ppl out just for the sake of helping and the reward was feeling good about yourself for doing so?? I guess greed will (for the most part) prevail. To those extreme few who help others....bravo. I've been playing this game for way too long now and wouldnt even think of charging anyone money if they needed my help. If you got room for a few ppl who need atma's..charging em for it is just plain old greedy.
When my shell sells atmas I fill up the alliance as much as I can with friends, friends of friends, or tarus I can cyber with later before I look for people to sell it to~ Selling atmas really isn't that profitable anyways.

I'm all for helping people, but I'm not going to help a complete stranger who has no way of assisting me ever. Call it selfish, whatever, but I could just not even offer to sell it to them.

Some people I've sold atmas to have even thanked me afterward and offered to help me with things despite the fact we made a transaction and they owe me nothing.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-11-18 16:10:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't get me wrong with my comments..

I am a very friendly and very helpful person in game..Ill help anyone just for the sake of helping..and I have no problem with ppl selling Atma.

Isn't that kinda like saying you shouldn't AH old gear you should just give it to a lowbie that needs it. I know its a long shot but it semi works..its just how game mechanics work. People that have the ability to obtain certain items(in this case atmas) sell to ppl that do not have means to obtain it without sellers help, well that or they are impatient. IE Crafter/Farmers/Fishermen/back in the day Tele-*** should all count.

If I had no means to obtain Eve's atma I would willingly buy it from OP. I don't need to remind ppl how big Abyssea is and VV Atma will improve your character faster than anything on AH will and for cheaper too.

Blitz Ring: 600k
Atma: 400k

Which is more cost effective to have?
 Leviathan.Thornyy
Server: Leviathan
user: Eriuddo
By Leviathan.Thornyy 2010-11-18 16:54:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
If I'm putting effort into the fight and they're putting effort into the fight, then our efforts should cancel out each other. I'm helping him kill the NM as much as he or she (If they weren't just sitting there for the atma) is. Unlike me, he is receiving the atma. Unlike me, he did not take the TIME to farm the pop item. If you suggest that they should not pay me and Xeo, you're suggesting that our time means nothing, our effort means less than yours, or that getting an atma means nothing (In which case, we're just as good kicking you before the NM dies as we are keeping you in the alliance).
I skimmed, but it sure looks like people are paying AND being expected to do something. Eve pops are worth less than water, if you're making people help(even if it's just red procs), you aren't selling ***and it's no surprise people will be skeptical. Sure, some are still willing to do it, but other people sell the same atma for half that price without requiring any effort on the buyers' part. If you're requiring buyers to do a large part of the fight, I don't know how you can call them buyers as much as coop.

If that's not the case, I fully support selling atma.
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-11-18 17:04:22
Link | Quote | Reply

On another note, 400k definitely is steep considering how easy it is to farm EE pop.

But it's not a multiple of 250 so that's probably why it's bugging me~
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-11-18 17:06:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Really guys--there's something to be said about being nice and generous. But really?? Judging others just because they're not as nice as you just makes me question how nice you really are....
[+]
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-11-18 17:11:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Anye said:
Really guys--there's something to be said about being nice and generous. But really?? Judging others just because they're not as nice as you just makes me question how nice you really are....
Suddenly, logic.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-11-18 17:14:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Anye said:
Ahh the voice of reason.
 Bahamut.Tejas
user: Tejas
By Bahamut.Tejas 2010-11-18 17:14:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I must be crazy, I would gladly pay 400k for that atma. I look at it like a kirin's osode +5 that any job can wear and takes no inventory. That being said, if it were my pop I would let people join for free, so I'm just a walking contradiction. This practice of selling atma just seems like a RDM camping joy toy and selling for a mil. I guess that's why I'm ok with paying because short of being "allowed" to lot god gear, most worthwhile items in this game are bought and sold, hence an in game economy.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-11-18 17:19:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tejas said:
I must be crazy, I would gladly pay 400k for that atma. I look at it like a kirin's osode +5 that any job can wear and takes no inventory. That being said, if it were my pop I would let people join for free, so I'm just a walking contradiction. This practice of selling atma just seems like a RDM camping joy toy and selling for a mil. I guess that's why I'm ok with paying because short of being "allowed" to lot god gear, most worthwhile items in this game are bought and sold, hence an in game economy.
This so much this.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7