First Page 2 3 4 ... 19 20 21
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-27 16:47:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Chazzyphizzle said:
are you sure about being able to darkness twice in 3 ws solo? i don't think you can infinitely do level 3 SC's with yourself like that.
You can't with the relic ones so probably not. However if the first ws was something else then yes you could do a second darkness
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-27 16:57:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bleh true shot doesn't effect it
 Leviathan.Fuzball
Server: Leviathan
user: Fuzball
By Leviathan.Fuzball 2010-12-28 10:42:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm the guy Ashaaman was talking about on the previous page in this thread. I'm really pleased with the numbers I can pull with the Arnageddon (85) but I know there is still some room to improve. Heres my Wildfire set, I have a couple questions about the body and legs.

The gun is of course the 85 version, and the Demon's Ring has MAB +2 on it.

I'm wondering if the Mirke (5 AGI) w/ the MAB +4 augment would beat the straight 11 AGI on Loki's (the store TP +7 is also a reason I'm using it now over Mirke). Second, I'm also having a tough time deciding between the Denali Kecks (3 AGI and 3 MAB) and the Navarch's Culottes +1 (6 AGI and 6 store TP).

My biggest hangup in trying to determine which gear to use is not knowing the values of several of the needed variables in Yin and Kirshy's formula. How is a mob's INT calculated? And what is the value of the term "floor" in the formula? I think if I knew these two things I could answer my own questions, but any other advice on the gear set is welcome (especially on the body and legs).
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-28 10:52:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Flooring is a simple math thing. For all intents in purposes here it means rounding that number down to the lowest whole number. ffxi tends to round down things at alot (most) of steps of a calculation. The only differences are what digit it is doing the round.

Mob int can only be back calculated. Ie you do dmg and use the parts you know to calculate int. There are a few known ints on wiki and approximates. Before it was kinda safe to assume CoP wyrms were 120 hard high int hnms were 110 and everything else was decently less...

Regardless small amounts of int difference wont effect the ratio of mab to agi that much. I mean you can use your stats and vary mob int by 50 and see what happens.

Side note I was using it on rng yesterday on rani/raja. Was typically only did 1-1.5k but I was /sam and was using sea daughter as one of my atmas since we weren't tping on much of anything and I had no real outside buffs. Also I have no fire + or ultimate so my other 2 eventually became GH and kirin. Was actually doing comparable dmg to the other rng at first and as it's pdt increased I started doing alot more. Despite the whole emnity clause on the ws I still pulled alot of hate and died a bit lol.
 Ragnarok.Takioni
Server: Ragnarok
user: Takioni
By Ragnarok.Takioni 2010-12-31 13:27:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone had a chance to try Atma of the Burning Effigy (STR+: Minor Fire-based weapon skill damage+: Major Gain full benefit of Firesday/fire weather bonuses) ?

I know u lose out on qd dmg but was wondering how it would affect the ws.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-31 17:11:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish... trying to get my ls leader to do any new atmas is like pulling teeth. Currently testing if the +ws dmg while 2hd weapon equipped one works
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-05 13:17:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
I wish... trying to get my ls leader to do any new atmas is like pulling teeth. Currently testing if the +ws dmg while 2hd weapon equipped one works
Edit: It does +20%. And the T1 cerb from aletpa is super easy and +30% fire dmg. Tested both came out exactly
 Ragnarok.Takioni
By Ragnarok.Takioni 2011-01-05 13:43:20
Link | Quote | Reply

so what combination would be best with these new atmas?

Would using Ultimate and mab still be better than using the ws dmg + atmas?

for just maxing the ws dmg, I know one would lose out on qd dmg.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-05 13:49:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Takioni said:
so what combination would be best the these new atmas?
Kinda dependent on your base MAB and agi without atmas really... amongst the best is probably the 2 50MAB ones, GH and kirin for 50/40 agi each (kirin giving macc too which helps some), the 2 +fire attack ones, probably the +fire ws dmg one (trying to get it now so I can test) it also gives fire obi effect so nice for fireday/weather, and griffon claw.

Which 3 would be best combo kinda depends on your stats like said though GC wont ever be unless you don't have all the others I think. Still good though
 Ragnarok.Takioni
By Ragnarok.Takioni 2011-01-06 10:19:40
Link | Quote | Reply

So I take it effigy isnt that great at all for wildfire, from the testing going on?
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-06 10:24:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Takioni said:
So I take it effigy isnt that great at all for wildfire, from the testing going on?
Indeed not. It appears (though I can't fully test without atonement or garland of bliss) to be fire aligned ws not element... and wildfire is lik almost every element but fire for skillchain. And the fire day thing doesn't stack with obi. So it pretty much does nothing for wildfire sadly. So I'm off to try and get smouldering sky.

Very saddening that SE would trick me like that
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-06 13:16:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Side note wildfire is awesome brewed....possibly the highest dmg you can get currently brewed. Though it seems shinryu has massive MDB. Ignore the first one I forgot my staff... and I still don't have smouldering sky or ulimate.

[+]
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-01-06 13:56:25
Link | Quote | Reply

For NMs wouldn't you be better off using sea daughter, sundering slash, and voracious violet for a total of 10 tp/tic? The only regain atma you said you were using was sea daughter. Adding 5 more tp/tic would effectively double your ws frequency, so the question becomes, without kirin or GH, can you do at least half of the damage of wildfires that you were previously doing. If you can do at least half of the damage, then you're better off using those atmas. VV will increase your tp damage as well, and you'll have the option of using slug shot instead of just gearing yourself for one ws.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-06 14:08:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helel said:
For NMs wouldn't you be better off using sea daughter, sundering slash, and voracious violet for a total of 10 tp/tic? The only regain atma you said you were using was sea daughter. Adding 5 more tp/tic would effectively double your ws frequency, so the question becomes, without kirin or GH, can you do at least half of the damage of wildfires that you were previously doing. If you can do at least half of the damage, then you're better off using those atmas. VV will increase your tp damage as well, and you'll have the option of using slug shot instead of just gearing yourself for one ws.
Well for NMs agi and most likely the macc would help lower your resist rate. Not to mention the higher mob stats will mean differences in agi will have a bigger effect.

Also depends on how you are fighting... if you are only wsing the nm then yeah get some regain definitely. If you are tping on it maybe maybe not. Though I really don't see 10 regain doubling your ws frequency. And losing those atmas would definitely over half your dmg lol.

Also even though not as much dmg as /mage for MAB /sam double wildfire is hot assuming the mob doesn't resist darkness.
 Ragnarok.Takioni
By Ragnarok.Takioni 2011-01-07 15:47:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I was looking for a use for the skillchain dmg rolls lol, good idea!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-08 22:36:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Kilorilo said:
I don't see any info on the enmity generation of wildfire ? any tests been done?
I'm actually kinda curious myself if anyone knows anything... think Kaeko doesn't really do much on 11 anymore /sigh
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-01-08 22:56:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Friend of mine has high praise of the Sea Daughter+Sundering Slash+Ultimate Combo for Wildfire. That's 8TP Regain, 50MAB and 50MACC. With EAF+1/2 Feet, You should be quick-drawing to make up a little bit more TP gain to reach the 100 faster (And enhance the damage)
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-01-08 23:30:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Side note wildfire is awesome brewed....possibly the highest dmg you can get currently brewed. Though it seems shinryu has massive MDB. Ignore the first one I forgot my staff... and I still don't have smouldering sky or ulimate.

Holy ***..
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-08 23:37:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Friend of mine has high praise of the Sea Daughter+Sundering Slash+Ultimate Combo for Wildfire. That's 8TP Regain, 50MAB and 50MACC. With EAF+1/2 Feet, You should be quick-drawing to make up a little bit more TP gain to reach the 100 faster (And enhance the damage)
That would be fast but wouldn't be that strong. Also would be somewhat excessive on the regain at times. Also if you had at least 67 MAB before atmas one of the +fire dmg ones will be better than ulitmate.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-10 11:54:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone been noticing significantly lower than expected dmg on NMs? Like 1k to a tier 1 nm then 3k to the mobs next to it. I'd do the the math and either 4 different nms in la thien have high MDB and/or fire resist. Or they all have over 400 int... or somehow they gimped the ws vs nms
 Asura.Matzilla
Server: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2011-01-10 11:56:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Anyone been noticing significantly lower than expected dmg on NMs? Like 1k to a tier 1 nm then 3k to the mobs next to it. I'd do the the math and either 4 different nms in la thien have high MDB and/or fire resist. Or they all have over 400 int... or somehow they gimped the ws vs nms

some nms definitely take like half fire damage or someshit like the buggard t1 in mis coast, really annoying but still better than slug most of the time
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-10 11:59:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Matzilla said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
some nms definitely take like half fire damage or someshit like the buggard t1 in mis coast, really annoying but still better than slug most of the time
Well some sure... this was 4 different ones. And while I'm sure one had MDB... I also do more dmg to it than most lol
 Asura.Matzilla
By Asura.Matzilla 2011-01-10 12:02:04
Link | Quote | Reply

which nms? i def noticed the same thing on a variety of them why i stopped playing cor as much :( like even the big red sandworm in attohwa took half damage.. just lame when you spend any amount of time on the gun to have all the nms resist it lol
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-10 12:06:18
Link | Quote | Reply

2 of the gigas for briarus pop, and the 2 nms for carabosse pop

Gigas were the worst taking like 1/3 dmg
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2011-01-10 14:52:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:

Some JP video shows Wildfire can one shot Shinryu and break dmg display.

http://ameblo.jp/eschata/entry-10750834526.html

Highest displayable dmg seems to be 65536.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Matzilla
By Asura.Matzilla 2011-01-10 19:46:42
Link | Quote | Reply

does mab atmas help when you brew? i was under the impression it would "cap out" your mab at something as it does your normal attributes and only atmas such as smouldering sky or wsdmg+ would help with a brew
 Gilgamesh.Sanders
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Sanders
By Gilgamesh.Sanders 2011-01-10 19:53:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Kilorilo said:
How do i go about watching the video? that jp site is all sorts of crazy

I just clicked the video twice, worked.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-10 20:15:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Matzilla said:
does mab atmas help when you brew? i was under the impression it would "cap out" your mab at something as it does your normal attributes and only atmas such as smouldering sky or wsdmg+ would help with a brew
There is no cap on MAB... however I've personally tested it to give +900... so yeah it doesn't help as much as you'd think. So the best 3 during brew would be the 2 + fire ones and griffon claw. The dstat term caps though... at like 1276 total including the multiple
First Page 2 3 4 ... 19 20 21