Rude...?
First Page 2 3
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-11-11 15:10:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know why this is bothering me so much; thought I'd come here and get some feedback (read: closure) on whether or not I should have been more polite. :(

Basically, Qufim party, moving to the lake at night time, surrounded by sound-aggro Wights and Bogies and Worms, oh my.

Personally, I feel what I said was... reasonable? Her gear wasn't atrocious, it was pretty ok...

Zoom forward 50 minutes--I thought she was talking about HER own replacement, not mine, and accidentally hit disband instead of leave....

So, yeah. ._. Still bothered by it, even after apologizing.... Did I really say anything offensive? I can see where it sounded like I was focusing on her gear, so I guess I should have broadened the term and said "items" instead? I was only using the example of gear since that's, like, 80% of the reason why you need gil....
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Astrida
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Astrida
By Gilgamesh.Astrida 2010-11-11 15:14:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm i dont think so, but, people in this game get super offended when it comes to them having poor gear and you make a suggestion or make a comment about it
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-11-11 15:15:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Wild noobs appear in Quifm island O_O i'll be damned they DO still exist.

Nothing was even remotely done wrong on your part and it's lucky they didn't try to pull this ***on ME lol.... that's extremely rude to even say something like kicking you for being that nice about it.

just move on and smile to yourself when your Garliage citadel+ and they are still stuck in the starting jungle area dazed and confused.
[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-11-11 15:16:01
Link | Quote | Reply

No. Quite simply they fail for not having sneak/invis items. You should have that on you 100% of the time, even when poor.

I can understand if you're leveling your first or 2nd job, okay that's fine. But clearly the person in question is high enough level to PL people. They have no excuse to not have sneak oil and invis powder.

You did nothing wrong.
[+]
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Server: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-11-11 15:16:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you came across as a bit snobbish towards them, but only because they are clearly very inexperienced. I wouldn't worry about it, they were never going to realise that you were trying to give them advice, rather they jumped the gun and decided you were being mean because they don't have gil.
[+]
 Siren.Kuz
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2010-11-11 15:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Welcome... to FFXI Outside ABYSSEA!!!

Oh wait... it's no better INSIDE Abyssea...

/shrug
 Ramuh.Laffter
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-11-11 15:17:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Anye said:
...for a DNC/BLM wielding a rapier. :x
Unacceptable. :x
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-11-11 15:17:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you were being far too apologetic and nice to the guy.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-11-11 15:17:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Some people just get butthurt too easily.
I dont think you went over the line at all, it's what everybody's thinking when stuff like that happends :P
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-11-11 15:18:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dameshi said:
No. Quite simply they fail for not having sneak/invis items. You should have that on you 100% of the time, even when poor.
This pretty much. Hell I keep the med ones on me even when I can cast it lol.

There is no way you can be that poor if you have a high lvl job except pure laziness
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-11 15:18:41
Link | Quote | Reply

what the hell is the point of an LS doing event/whatnot if to not make you money and good gear in the long run?
seems kind of silly to me.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-11-11 15:18:48
Link | Quote | Reply

This is similar to when a WHM was using an activator and then called me an elitist when I complained about not being healed as a main tank in a shitadel party.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-11-11 15:19:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dameshi said:

I can understand if you're leveling your first or 2nd job, okay that's fine. But clearly the person in question is high enough level to PL people. They have no excuse to not have sneak oil and invis powder.

You did nothing wrong.
^ This
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Diabolos.Yugl
Server: Diabolos
user: Yugl
By Diabolos.Yugl 2010-11-11 15:22:01
Link | Quote | Reply

The only thing that stands out to me is the fact that L isn't wining about how suspicious Kira looks studying. I would have expected him to say something like "That's so strange; why would a high school kid be doing homework?". Oh and L isn't poor, have you seen his house?
[+]
 Asura.Luelle
user: Luelle
By Asura.Luelle 2010-11-11 15:23:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I know that you had no malice intent, but I can see how someone could be offended by it.

I guess to me, where I would have been offended is when you said "you're letting everyone else down by not having the appropriate equipment".

That being said, since you apologized and whatnot, I wouldn't be too worried.

Like others have said, people are sometimes easily offended.

edit: But it was rude of them to kick you without saying anything, so again. Don't worry about it.
[+]
 Valefor.Houppelande
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Houppelande 2010-11-11 15:23:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Anye - I think your heart was in the right place. :)
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-11-11 15:24:27
Link | Quote | Reply

The real question here is why didn't Neeron buy anything from your bazaar?
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2010-11-11 15:25:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Id say it was the last two lines that did it. Does sound a bit off, even if intensitons were good. Its ashame when such a mistake occures, ore ashame when ppl are to ignorent to realize it and accept an appalogy. But it happens, ohwell' Theyll realize it one day
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-11-11 15:25:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
The real question here is why didn't Neeron buy anything from your bazaar?
Yeah! Let's hunt him down and make him buy something from your bazaar!!
/grabs torch
[+]
 Sylph.Tsujikiri
Server: Sylph
user: Tsujikiri
By Sylph.Tsujikiri 2010-11-11 15:26:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Lets just say that I would not send Anye to the UN on the behalf of you own country. XD

But anyway to me it would seem that the person had it already out for someone and you said the last bit to set them off. Meh
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-11-11 15:27:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Anye is such a softy.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trauma
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trauma
By Quetzalcoatl.Trauma 2010-11-11 15:28:40
Link | Quote | Reply

You showed more discretion than I would have. xD You were right to tell her that and no, I don't think you said anything too offensive. She's clearly being a power hungry jerk who is unwilling to spend her gil on needed items.

I wouldn't believe that last bit about half the party wanting you gone either. They sound way too arrogant and egotistical. It's quite likely that she made the decision on her own to impress her friends in LS chat.
[+]
 Bismarck.Sutekii
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sutekii 2010-11-11 15:29:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, I think you handled it quite well. You weren't outwardly insulting him, or calling him "noob", "gimp", etc. You were making warranted criticisms, and weren't rude about it at all. Hell, I've taken worse criticism from good friends lol.

In fact, the level of niceness you DID exhibit makes me cringe slightly.

Sure, its nice of the fella to run off and help his friends all the time. But at some point there has to be a "No, I have things I have to do.". Otherwise, a person will just end up helping and helping and helping and never get anything done. Those people he helps won't come running back to return the favor either.
[+]
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2010-11-11 15:32:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I get annoyed when people ask me for sneak/invis if they are higher-leveled players. By the time they are somewhat leveled, most people (should) know to carry silent oils and prism powders, or sub ninja and use nin tools to take care of themselves.

I don't think you were too mean. It's not like you jumped up and down bellowing in /shout about noobs or /slapped their face or tried to pick a fight. You stated facts. The last two lines could have been taken wrong, though.

I'm non-confrontational for the most part (unless I REALLY dislike someone, I will ignore it if they annoy me) so I would probably have just cast sneak on her and let it go. This is evil on my part, because not telling her that she needs to be able to take care of herself is just setting her up for someone meaner than me to tell her. Someday she will realize that you, by not being evil like me, tried to do her a favor in telling her somewhat gently instead of making a huge fuss or not telling her at all.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2010-11-11 15:33:11
Link | Quote | Reply

You were polite, and nice. People just get offended by simple things. They've probably been teased about their gear previously, and were blind by the fact you were trying to help.

If they just started out, I don't think they would of reacted like that. It sounds like a player who has been around for awhile who just is to lazy to sell stuff on the AH.
[+]
 Cerberus.Najla
Server: Cerberus
user: Najla
By Cerberus.Najla 2010-11-11 15:43:25
Link | Quote | Reply

You told them to go farm bc they don't have enough for necessitates. What a horrible person! Shame on you! XD
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By seiri 2010-11-11 15:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Dont let it get to ya Anye.

Dont mean this badly but the other person was either a noob or a retard. 90% of this game is common sense, and having the right gear/items to do your job and actually get to a camp is common sense.

If someone cant farm 6k then they need to rethink their priorities. Farming 25~50k from random 30 minute boredom sessions is incredibly easy, requires almost zero work and you can even be paying almost zero attention.

You did nothing wrong so hold your head high.
[+]
First Page 2 3