Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Abyssea - Efficient weakness targetting
Abyssea - Efficient weakness targetting
First Page 2 3
 Alexander.Taryyn
Server: Alexander
Game: FFXI
By Alexander.Taryyn 2010-10-28 04:14:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I've read through the available information on the wiki and (much of) the 51 pages on BG, and I'm curious as to how random exploiting these weaknesses is in your experience. We know the weaknesses are dynamic, but relationships would definitely help if they exist. Have you had any luck improving efficiency for weakness targeting based on days of the week or other factors?

Red !!
The 13 weapon skills listed on wiki have vastly improved the time we spend in Abyssea trying to get Atmas, Abyssites, and NM key items. Having a warrior and a ninja in the party to farm these isn't so hard to find, so even if this weakness is random, it's quite feasible to achieve provided the mob is manageable by your group.

Yellow !!
The 3 day theory still has a lot of spells to cover, and on more difficult mobs, timing (read canceling) AM1 spells is frustrating as it's hard to know how much TP people will be feeding the mob in the time it takes to cast.

Blue !!
Testing every physical weapon skill has been reduced to testing different damage types according to the time of day, but this still seems a daunting task, albeit less daunting than fighting Bakka 30 times for an af3 accessory, but you may not have the leisure to try so many different weapon skills if you are trying to kill an NM quickly (Smok).

Proposal? Chukwa. He seems a friendly test subject as with two people and his target out of range, he is quite passive for testing purposes. He also doesn't use TP moves or cast when the target is out of range, and damage is greatly resisted when he is inside his shell, so you can test out quite a bit before you make him mad (you don't need to gear up to kill him, but regain and refresh atmas may speed things up).

If you happen to have a lot of time in Abyssea - Tahrongi, or you are just passing through, don't be a stranger, run up to Chukwa and weapon skill him in the face based on your personal belief of weapon skill triggers, then run out of range so a friend can try out their ideas of magic triggers. Triggers don't seem to be monster dependent, so with any luck, data from Chukwa can help us with more difficult monsters. Worst case scenario, we can reinforce or debunk current theories with data collected in a more relaxed manner.

If anybody on Alexander wants to try to build copious amounts of time in Abyssea - Tahrongi and try out weakness triggers on Chukwa under different circumstances (day/time) and try applying them to other Tahrongi NMs, send me a PM or /tell in game!

Cheers
[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
Server: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-10-28 04:19:20
Link | Quote | Reply

The theories on Yellow and Blue are correct... I dunno why you'd need to test them. I've spent enough time in Abyssea proccing !!'s to know. :/
[+]
 Asura.Masekase
Server: Asura
user: masekase
By Asura.Masekase 2010-10-28 04:44:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Niniann said:
The theories on Yellow and Blue are correct... I dunno why you'd need to test them. I've spent enough time in Abyssea proccing !!'s to know. :/

But still dont know where pet jobs or blu fits in
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-10-28 04:46:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Masekase said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:

If I sing loud enough I can pretend those jobs don't exist :(
[+]
 Asura.Masekase
Server: Asura
user: masekase
By Asura.Masekase 2010-10-28 04:47:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Asura.Masekase said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:

lol
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-28 04:50:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Asura.Masekase said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
But you can't sing!
[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-10-28 04:51:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Asura.Masekase said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
But you can't sing!

I can too ; -;
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-28 04:53:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Asura.Masekase said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
But you can't sing!
I can too ; -;
Prove it!
[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-10-28 04:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

No u :<
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-28 04:59:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Niniann said:
No u :<
 Alexander.Taryyn
By Alexander.Taryyn 2010-10-28 06:02:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Niniann said:

Well the magic list still seems a bit large. 15 weapon skills per time period for blue !! isn't so bad at second glance, but the magic info is very messy and doesn't seem credible in some cases (Freeze II?).

I guess Chukwa Thursday is ruined. Do you always have a blue around for magic triggers? If not, have you ever missed out on a magic trigger while carefully (not during TP moves or casting) exhausting the other spells and thought... must have been a blue spell?

Thank you
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
Server: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-10-28 06:12:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, the JP wiki has a list of spells for yellow !! which I assume came from dengeki or whichever mag just like the blue !! info. That lists only 8 spells per day.
 Cerberus.Mindi
Server: Cerberus
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2010-10-28 07:08:56
Link | Quote | Reply

there arent that many spells... its allways the 3 days(current the one before and the next one) and spell pattern is kinda
>Elemental T3
>Elemental T4
>Elemental Aga3
>Elemental AM1
>Elemental Ninjitsu - Ni (Flash for lightsday, Kurayami Ni Darksday)
>Bard Threnody
>Blue Spell
>Blue Spell

so its allways 24 possible spells
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-10-28 07:10:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Code
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Asura.Masekase said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:

:D
 Alexander.Taryyn
By Alexander.Taryyn 2010-10-28 07:27:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Mindi said:
there arent that many spells... its allways the 3 days(current the one before and the next one) and spell pattern is kinda
>Elemental T3
>Elemental T4
>Elemental Aga3
>Elemental AM1
>Bard Threnody
>Blue Spell
>Blue Spell

So consensus is within these spells... it's totally random? Last time I saw ninjitsu was CoP precap fighting the 3 muppets with yellow liquid.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-28 07:27:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Mindi said:
>Elemental T3
>Elemental T4
>Elemental Aga3
>Elemental AM1
>Bard Threnody >
Blue Spell >
Blue Spell so its allways 24 possible spells
I've done it with aga2 a few times. I've also done it with plenty of other rdm sleeps. Such as sleep dispel para. Luckily it's never been gravity on the mobs I gravity lol. Also I've done it with T5 spells too. Well ok my duo partner did the againg but still you get the point
 Alexander.Taryyn
By Alexander.Taryyn 2010-10-28 07:33:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Cerberus.Mindi said:
>Elemental T3
>Elemental T4
>Elemental Aga3
>Elemental AM1
>Bard Threnody >
Blue Spell >
I've done it with aga2 a few times. I've also done it with plenty of other rdm sleeps. Such as sleep dispel para. Luckily it's never been gravity on the mobs I gravity lol. Well ok my duo partner did the againg but still you get the point

Definitely Bio II as well. If you lose claim for a second, do you need to redo any of the red/yellow/blues?
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2010-10-28 07:34:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Cerberus.Mindi said:
>Elemental T3
>Elemental T4
>Elemental Aga3
>Elemental AM1
>Bard Threnody >
Blue Spell >
I've done it with aga2 a few times. I've also done it with plenty of other rdm sleeps. Such as sleep dispel para. Luckily it's never been gravity on the mobs I gravity lol. Well ok my duo partner did the againg but still you get the point

Most likely you did 2 spells at the same time. I thought I triggered it with Thunder 2 once too but that wasn't true. 95% sure it's like Mindi said. I have NEVER ever see a T1 or T2 spell trigger it, or Thundaga1/2 etc. Tried them everytime on every nm but never triggered.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-28 07:36:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Finalvegeta said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Cerberus.Mindi said:
>Elemental T3
>Elemental T4
>Elemental Aga3
>Elemental AM1
>Bard Threnody
> Blue Spell >
Blue Spell
Most likely you did 2 spells at the same time. I thought I triggered it with Thunder 2 once too but that wasn't true. 95% sure it's like Mindi said. I have NEVER ever see a T1 or T2 spell trigger it, or Thundaga1/2 etc. Tried them everytime on every nm but never triggered.
Nope. Was doing it was only her nuking at the time. Generally I'm on rdm to keep her good and I don't nuke when she does anyways. I've also triggered some of those solo. Though I have never seeen a T1/2 non aga or a T1 aga do it myself either
 Alexander.Taryyn
By Alexander.Taryyn 2010-10-28 07:36:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Finalvegeta said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Cerberus.Mindi said:
>Elemental T3
>Elemental T4
>Elemental Aga3
>Elemental AM1
>Bard Threnody >
Blue Spell >

Any SS?
edit
I guess you would put an SS if you had, but if you do it again, please take one.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-28 07:42:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol never bothered to SS. I've had dispel work several times. In fact there were alot of reports of it working. Hmmmm I'll get some screenshots later. Pretty sure I had bio work once. I usually just end up using everything but aga1 and T1/2 spells of the 3 elements on the mobs. I don't really feel like soloing stuff right now especially since I only have 1 stone lol

Also might add on one of the dnc threads Ninnian or however you spell it triggers with feather step in a screenshot
[+]
 Cerberus.Mindi
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2010-10-28 07:53:17
Link | Quote | Reply

As you may have noticed, darksday/lightsday is different since well... no T3/T4/Aga3/AM on those days :P Drain/Aspir/BioII/Dispel and BanishII/BanishIII/BanishgaII/Holy
its mosty likly not 100% complete since atleast one person in LS belief he triggered with Dia II but we start with the theroy posted above and we allways got the !! with it when we have all jobs covered.
 Alexander.Taryyn
By Alexander.Taryyn 2010-10-28 07:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Mindi said:
As you may have noticed, darksday/lightsday is different since well... no T3/T4/Aga3/AM on those days :P Drain/Aspir/BioII/Dispel and BanishII/BanishIII/BanishgaII/Holy
its mosty likly not 100% complete since atleast one person in LS belief he triggered with Dia II but we start with the theroy posted above and we allways got the !! with it when we have all jobs covered.

Darksday is a good day to avoid all the annoying MP and time usage of AM1 then.
edit
(1 AM1 versus 3)
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-28 07:58:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually screw it. Gunna see if the frog is up. Shouldn't take nowhere near as long to solo it this time I know what I'm doing
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-28 08:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Taryyn said:
Cerberus.Mindi said:
As you may have noticed, darksday/lightsday is different since well... no T3/T4/Aga3/AM on those days :P Drain/Aspir/BioII/Dispel and BanishII/BanishIII/BanishgaII/Holy its mosty likly not 100% complete since atleast one person in LS belief he triggered with Dia II but we start with the theroy posted above and we allways got the !! with it when we have all jobs covered.
Darksday is a good day to avoid all the annoying MP and time usage of AM1 then. edit (1 AM1 versus 3)
True. But requires more job/subjob spells to trigger. More likely to miss and such and/or be forced to sub something subpar
 Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind
By Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind 2010-10-28 08:04:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah got all 3 key item for Briareus lastnight, just cycled through all my element weapons i could use on war to trigger the !!, and then triggered the !! on Windsday with Earth Crusher the proc on Briareus
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-28 08:44:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Well good news and bad news.

Good news is it was up and despite 3 people watching the pond no one stole it while I deaggroed all the links. And I managed to solo in 20 min.

Bad news nothing triggered so couldn't prove my point AND no key item which is the only thing I want from it lol. Seriously considering buy the nin spells and using them since I am /nin anyways
 Alexander.Taryyn
By Alexander.Taryyn 2010-10-28 08:52:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:

Good news is it was up and despite 3 people watching the pond no one stole it while I deaggroed all the links. And I managed to solo in 20 min.

Bad news nothing triggered so couldn't prove my point AND no key item which is the only thing I want from it lol. Seriously considering buy the nin spells and using them since I am /nin anyways

What were you soloing as? Key item drop seems to be pretty good in general off him though I believe. You want to solo CC for af3 +2?
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-28 09:02:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Taryyn said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:

What were you soloing as? Key item drop seems to be pretty good in general off him though I believe. You want to solo CC for af3 +2?
Rdm/nin. Yeah I know all of it's nukes are agas but I feel slow/addle hurt me way more than /nin. And yeah I was 2/2 before this without triggering lol. And I've only duo/triod CC but yeah going for +2. And the trophy since I'm decently thru the emyprean gun trial.

Also forgot it was actually a beastman so had bibiki on most the time lol
 Hades.Eliane
Server: Hades
user: Eliane
By Hades.Eliane 2010-10-28 09:28:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Second to bottom post

All need to know about weaknesses
[+]
First Page 2 3