users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Abyssea - Efficient weakness targetting
Abyssea - Efficient weakness targetting
 Asura.Yunalaysca
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-11-14 05:56:53
Link | Quote | Reply

did you reclaim exactly after 6? cause it's really like 6:12 or so when it kicks into the next set of weakness.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-11-16 02:59:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Aye, turned yellow and stopped chasing.

It was shortly after 6, not sure how soon after though. It's a possibility that it was before 6:12, but this is the info I was looking for. I'm not going to waste my time trying to hone down that time exactly, but it'd be good to know.
 Bahamut.Striker
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Striker 2010-11-16 04:40:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Eliane said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
What does green even do. Blue for item increase, red for keyitem/atma.

Increases amount of synthesis materials you get, and allows between 3-6 seals to drop or AFv3+2 items
It's 1-6, had only 1 drop after trigger even with TH5 with my small group while farming seals from pop NM's. Something I've noticed though is NM's that have a timed spawn generally have a higher drop rate. I don't think we've killed one that didn/t drop a seal, but when we proc !! we get 3-5.
By dianara 2010-11-16 05:52:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Taryyn said:

Red !!
Having a warrior and a ninja in the party to farm these isn't so hard to find, so even if this weakness is random, it's quite feasible to achieve provided the mob is manageable by your group.

it's hard to know how much TP people will be feeding the mob in the time it takes to cast.

My 4 man group, with a few a few dual boxes triggers red like 100% of time w/o war or nin. We use our our drk mnk and sam with our various support cover allmost all. Its much more efficient to use multiple people/caracters rather than leaving all to two people.

And personally i would advise not TP feeding at all when trying to trigger grellow, but thats just me.