Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Abyssea - Efficient weakness targetting
Abyssea - Efficient weakness targetting
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-10-28 09:42:30
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you not know where Blu fits in? I'm proc'ing yellows left and right.

Which elements do you need to know?
Firespit Heath Breath
Magnetite Cloud Seedspray
Regurgitation Maelstrom
Hecatomb Wave Mysterious Light
Frost Breath Ice Break
Mind Blast Blitztrahl
Radiant Breath 1000 needles
Eyes on Me Death Ray

This is all from the JP wiki, and I have used them all to proc yellow.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-10-28 09:48:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Also to answer whoever asked before. If you lose claim and reclaim, it's as if it's a whole new claim on the mob. Meaning the time of the new claim and game day matters. You will have to switch to the new weapon type based on the game hour in order to activate the blue. You will have to switch to the correct spells based on the game day of the reclaim in order to activate yellow.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-28 09:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Eliane said:
Second to bottom post

All need to know about weaknesses
I've procd on spells not on that list

Also kinda on the subject of trying to proc I just started using nin spells... and this happened a few times

/nin nukes worth using for efficiency if you can get enough macc?
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-10-28 10:01:57
Link | Quote | Reply

What does green even do. Blue for item increase, red for keyitem/atma.
 Hades.Eliane
Server: Hades
user: Eliane
By Hades.Eliane 2010-10-28 10:03:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Hades.Eliane said:
Second to bottom post

I've procd on spells not on that list

Also kinda on the subject of trying to proc I just started using nin spells... and this happened a few times

/nin nukes worth using for efficiency if you can get enough macc?

The information about Grellow spell !! is not fully complete yet, but Red !! and Blue !! is
 Hades.Eliane
By Hades.Eliane 2010-10-28 10:05:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
What does green even do. Blue for item increase, red for keyitem/atma.

Increases amount of synthesis materials you get, and allows between 3-6 seals to drop or AFv3+2 items
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-10-28 10:06:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Blue increases the rare drops in the pool. Yellow increases the number of items (ie. seals and cards/stones/jewels/coins)
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-28 11:10:56
Link | Quote | Reply

So here is a screenshot of bio II triggering which was not on the mindi list. And yes I know it looks like it was the thunder III but thats just cause of how fast I casted inbetween. It was my 3rd thunder III and on dark day so no way it could've been that.

Cerberus.Finalvegeta
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2010-10-28 11:19:43
Link | Quote | Reply

>Elemental T3
>Elemental T4
>Elemental Aga3
>Elemental AM1
>Elemental Ninjitsu - Ni (Flash for lightsday, Kurayami Ni Darksday)
>Bard Threnody
>Blue Spell
>Blue Spell

There are no nukes for Dark spells so they are replaced by this,

Bio 2, Aspir, Dispel , Drain, Kurayami:Ni, Light Threnody, Death Ray, Eyes On Me,

for Light spells its this,

Holy, Banish 2, Banish 3, Banishga 2, Flash, Dark Threnody, Radiant Breath, 1000 Needles

All other elements follow Mindis pattern.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-28 11:22:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah yeah just wait till I get screenshots of aga2s.

I've done it a few times before and while I have no screenshots I did have someone else there know can back me up.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2010-10-28 11:28:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Eliane said:
Second to bottom post

^

why are people still posting =(=(=(
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-28 11:40:06
Link | Quote | Reply

And gdi. 5 seals I don't need but no key items
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2010-10-28 11:56:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Normally NMs in abyssea will drop 0-20% of their treasure pool, but figuring out their weakness will stack for more item drops, such as (eyeballing);

Blue (normal ws weakness): increase drops (20-30%ish)
Yellow (magic weakness): increase drops that stacks (30-40%+ish)
Red (13 elemental ws weakness): increases drops even more and stacks (10-20%ish) as well as insuring you a 100% drop rate for that key item and/or atma.

Also, doing a NMs weakness more than once each will result in less drops than it would usually yield, so do it only once.

How do you know each triggering increases overall drop rate? This is what I know, blue increases drop rate for rare items to almost 100%. Green lets you get more mats/seals etc but doesnt ensure it. Red for key items onry.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-10-28 11:58:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
Also to answer whoever asked before. If you lose claim and reclaim, it's as if it's a whole new claim on the mob. Meaning the time of the new claim and game day matters. You will have to switch to the new weapon type based on the game hour in order to activate the blue. You will have to switch to the correct spells based on the game day of the reclaim in order to activate yellow.
Note that this only applies if all hate is lost on the NM. Having it go yellow while ANY party member still has hate will keep the original claim. This is useful to know for two different methods of confluxing NMs.

A: PersonA can pull/pop and conflux, PersonB waits for NM to go yellow and re-claims so that PersonB gets the pop key item.
B: PersonA can pull/pop and conflux adds, PersonB claims NM BEFORE PersonA confluxes, and PersonA will get the pop key item.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Hades.Eliane
By Hades.Eliane 2010-10-28 12:23:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
So here is a screenshot of bio II triggering which was not on the mindi list. And yes I know it looks like it was the thunder III but thats just cause of how fast I casted inbetween. It was my 3rd thunder III and on dark day so no way it could've been that.

Bio always has been able to trigger !!, thats not really new
 Hades.Eliane
By Hades.Eliane 2010-10-28 12:26:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
Note that this only applies if all hate is lost on the NM. Having it go yellow while ANY party member still has hate will keep the original claim. This is useful to know for two different methods of confluxing NMs.

A: PersonA can pull/pop and conflux, PersonB waits for NM to go yellow and re-claims so that PersonB gets the pop key item.
B: PersonA can pull/pop and conflux adds, PersonB claims NM BEFORE PersonA confluxes, and PersonA will get the pop key item.

My experiences with this. We popped Baba Yaga and I popped the NM. Procced red !! like you should on those gay stingy key item mobs, and then i ended up dying cause I got silenced and yeahh.

It went yellow and friend killing it with me on monk reclaimed and i homepointed (no RR) and came back, we killed it, i still got key item.

Either i got lucky, or the NM must be completely idle for weaknesses to wear/change
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2010-10-28 12:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

What Eliane and Blazza say is correct. You could die 109309123 times and it can go unclaimed 1029301923 times but aslong as one person still has hate on it u will get the key item once it dies if you arent dead.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-10-28 12:33:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Eliane said:
Either i got lucky, or the NM must be completely idle for weaknesses to wear/change

Naw, this is what people think at the moment. I personally speculate that Treasure Hunter probably works exactly like this too.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-28 12:34:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Eliane said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bio always has been able to trigger !!, thats not really new
Yeah but someone here originally said no lol
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-11-13 11:03:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there an updated list of triggers anywhere? I'm really skeptical on a few things, namely the times that the blue triggers change, and a couple of blu spells for grellow (seedspray especially...).

My LS has really been struggling with procs on a few NMs this weekend, despite cycling through every spell and ws on the list several times. Some NMs we've simply not been able to proc at all.

I'm sure in part it's a case of people being dumb and landing their spells while the mob is casting or tp'ing, but with so many spells, it's impossible to check all of them :/
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-13 12:02:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Can 100% confirm the times for blue, as well as confirm Seedspray.
By Serj 2010-11-13 12:19:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Can 100% confirm the times for blue, as well as confirm Seedspray.

I can't 100% confirm blue because I haven't had a big enough sample size. But, if I've been able to blue !!, it's always been during blunt time (I have 14/15 blunt triggers). Haven't seen a blue !! outside of blunt time, either.

So, I support Night's notion!
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-13 12:23:33
Link | Quote | Reply

MNK during blunt time is *** awesome, having all triggers but Hexa is <3

But yeah, we've claimed plenty of ***at 22 and had a couple pops at just before 6 with blue proc from blunt.
By Serj 2010-11-13 12:25:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
MNK during blunt time is *** awesome, having all triggers but Hexa is <3

But yeah, we've claimed plenty of ***at 22 and had a couple pops at just before 6 with blue proc from blunt.

Yea, only once have I been unable to trigger blue out of maybe 20ish blue's I've done. Suspect it was Hexa lol.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-11-13 21:34:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn, dunno what our issue is then, can you also confirm the END time for blunt? I kited Ironclad for an hour yesterday while my two friends continued to HP and change jobs to cycle through every single piercing ws twice and nothing. And yeah, we know not to ws while it's meleeing :/

oh, I claimed just before 6, lost agro, for a good 10-20 seconds (was definitely clear on all hate) and reclaimed just after 6.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-13 21:43:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
Damn, dunno what our issue is then, can you also confirm the END time for blunt? I kited Ironclad for an hour yesterday while my two friends continued to HP and change jobs to cycle through every single piercing ws twice and nothing. And yeah, we know not to ws while it's meleeing :/

oh, I claimed just before 6, lost agro, for a good 10-20 seconds (was definitely clear on all hate) and reclaimed just after 6.
There's your problem. Weaknesses are determined on time of claim; if the NM goes completely passive they'll change when you reclaim.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-11-14 05:48:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Odin.Blazza said:

There's your problem. Weaknesses are determined on time of claim; if the NM goes completely passive they'll change when you reclaim.
That's my point though, I re-claimed it after 6, which is when piercing supposedly starts.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-14 05:50:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm. When you say lost hate, did it actually stop moving?