Ironclad Executioner, Aspid is cutting himself
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Phoenix.Elaenia
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: izzlet
By Phoenix.Elaenia 2010-09-16 19:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

or bring your lucky dhalmel for drops '-' 1/3 on seeing it for me and 1/1 drop for him, i think~

:D
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-16 19:32:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I find it semi amusing this comes out now. I put my morri body in to get maid like 2-3 days ago lol
By xenomasterkenshin 2010-09-16 19:44:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Where do u guys fight it now? i used to use g-8 to fight it but tigers and an ephemeral amoeban is there right now :<
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-16 19:48:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk some people fought it around where it spawns since we still got nothing there. I saw some people take it to conflux 0 and wipe... was nice to see like 4 people in a row warp in and die right away
 Phoenix.Airbag
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-09-16 19:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
I find it semi amusing this comes out now. I put my morri body in to get maid like 2-3 days ago lol

well that was a good idea huh
[+]
 Phoenix.Elaenia
user: izzlet
By Phoenix.Elaenia 2010-09-16 19:52:28
Link | Quote | Reply

we fight the vunk one in the bastion area, no mobs and a pretty wide area for kiting
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-16 19:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Airbag said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
well that was a good idea huh
Well this mob hadn't popped yet so yeah. Besides still better idle piece for my blu best nuking/sanguine blade body for my rdm blu and blm. Which also means I'll milk every so slightly more refresh out of it
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-09-16 20:39:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bastion area is best. 1/9! Still not dropping for meeee. First drop was on the 4th kill and mine still hasn't come.
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
Server: Carbuncle
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-09-16 21:51:08
Link | Quote | Reply

1/7, still not dropping me either, and now I'm running out of duo partners :x.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-16 21:56:11
Link | Quote | Reply

*** left it at conflux 0 unclaimed again
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-09-16 23:40:24
Link | Quote | Reply

2/10!
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-09-16 23:46:55
Link | Quote | Reply

man.. how the hell do all you people get so many stones... I'm at like 2 now.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-09-16 23:48:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't, I abused the hell out of exp parties :(

And cheers :)
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-09-17 01:18:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
I don't, I abused the hell out of exp parties :(

And cheers :)

Let's see if I get mine on the tenth...just went 1/8. ; ;
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-09-17 03:49:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally, went 2/9. I never wanna fight this stupid thing again, ever!

On a side note, it's normal melee attack AoE does 3-4 hits per attack, as well all may know, yes I'm pointing out the obvious. But, I assumed these 3-4 hits would get split between people in the AoE, say for example you have 3 people and his melee attack procs 3 hits, those 3 people would only get hit one time each. Alas, I was wrong:

Edit: These two screenshots are from different fights btw, I never really did more than a duo/trio for any of these unless it was people coming along for the free 100% drop PLD/BLU/DNC.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-09-17 07:20:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Congrats :) well earned!
 Sylph.Vestal
Server: Sylph
user: miperich
By Sylph.Vestal 2010-09-17 07:28:05
Link | Quote | Reply

what about d feet yo!
 Phoenix.Avelle
user: nuvas
By Phoenix.Avelle 2010-09-17 08:11:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:

2/10!

Yay Raen! Cat domination!
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-09-17 08:19:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if people on Bismarck have figured this out yet. Last night, a few friends and I were running the backpack quest a few times for fame, and this NM was marauding through the camp @ Conflux #00 repeatedly for over an hour.

No one claimed it, and dozens of random people just kept on repeatedly re-aggro'ing it and running to #00. Wish I'd read this thread beforehand, we probably should have tried to kill the NM!

So, where exactly does this NM spawn? I'm curious to know how far someone had to drag this NM to reach the Bastion area.
And, looks like based on the thread screenshots, people are killing this NM in groups of 2-4? Wikia says that enfeebling magic (except Poison) doesn't stick, so I'm guessing you can't Sleep/Gravity/Bind the NM. So, does it have negative movement speed?

[+]
 Gilgamesh.Thedreamer
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Thedreamer 2010-09-17 08:49:15
Link | Quote | Reply

i think its fixed pop, i found it by chance but when declaim he alwayscome back at same spot for "depop" (u reactivate it by goin close)
It just look like some crap stones on ground when in form "depoped"
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-09-17 08:56:36
Link | Quote | Reply

60-120 minute spawn from my experience. Timed pop and it spawns right in your path as you're running to do the quest, midpoint of the ramp up the cliff (by Marids) and the bridge you just came across.

It doesn't have negative movement speed but it pauses after every hit. Furthermore these hits aren't centred on you, he actually just slashes and area and if you're in it, you get hit (this is how random people get MPK'd)! This means if you stick an obstacle between you and it, it often won't hit you. Hits can take 2-4 shadows.

1 person can solo but it's reasonably uncomfortable. 2 people is easy assuming you're used to each other. 3+ and it becomes rape. Mages only, RDM is best - SCH works too. BLM is a lil squishy but also works (as does Stun). My favourite kiting spot is by the Pulse Martello area.

Water is your element of choice offensively.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Thedreamer
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Thedreamer 2010-09-17 09:01:57
Link | Quote | Reply

forced pop u sur ?
mine was just unclaim since hours on ground...
wich quest would it be ?
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-09-17 09:39:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
60-120 minute spawn from my experience. Forced pop and it spawns right in your path as you're running to do the quest, midpoint of the ramp up the cliff (by Marids) and the bridge you just came across.

It doesn't have negative movement speed but it pauses after every hit. Furthermore these hits aren't centred on you, he actually just slashes and area and if you're in it, you get hit (this is how random people get MPK'd)! This means if you stick an obstacle between you and it, it often won't hit you. Hits can take 2-4 shadows.

1 person can solo but it's reasonably uncomfortable. 2 people is easy assuming you're used to each other. 3+ and it becomes rape. Mages only, RDM is best - SCH works too. BLM is a lil squishy but also works (as does Stun). My favourite kiting spot is by the Pulse Martello area.

Water is your element of choice offensively.

Thanks for the reply ^_^
Quick clarification, what's the <pos> of his spawn area that you described? I only ask because apparently Marids (in addition to the Tigers) have not yet spawned on my server. So I can't use Marids as a point of reference (yet, anyways).
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-09-17 10:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Err I didn't mean force, I meant timed*** as in it's forced TO pop. That was very sloppy terminology on my part, sorry.

I-8 is where he pops, sorry~
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-09-17 12:59:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Marids? In 9 runs of fighting him I never saw a marid. He spawns at I-8 in the empty area and lies crumbled into pieces and lies in a "dormant" state until somebody aggros him. Actually, let me just quote my BG post:

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/37619-Blue-Mage-Job-Findings?p=4117513&viewfull=1#post4117513

Virtuosus said:
I'm this friend Sho speaks of! ASA atma (movement speed in general) isn't required to take down this thing, but it helps alot, especially since it has 5/tick refresh. I've killed this thing ten times (2/10 on the Pluviale drop, finally got it for myself) and I've got quite good at him, he's really easy. In fact, 2 RDM/nins can duo speed kill him in about 20-30 minutes. Although we're mostly BLUs so, I'd recommend either regurgitation spamming (safer), or if you're duoing with a SCH or RDM, bounce hate back and forth with them using QC (hits quite high numbers on this guy as per usual) followed by Temporal Shift so you have a short time to gtfo of range before he can eat you.

He doesn't actually melee, but swings his sword or stomps, which is an AoE melee attack that hits 2-4 times (shadows absorb) anything within 15' of the direction he's facing. Even if there's nobody in range he'll swing/stomp, which makes kiting him quite easy.

He pops at I-8 about every 1 hour and 15 minutes (that's how long it took for repop, in my experience, that's 10 fights) and lies all crumbled into pieces on the ground, in his "dormant" state. As soon as you step over his pieces, he gets himself put together and immediately starts attacking you.

Hit my SCH/NIN with -40% PDT and Protect 5 for about 250-300 a hit, with Arm Cannon hitting me for around 600. Similar damage from Incinerator with MDT-12% and Shell 5 (didn't bring an MDT set since it never really landed either TP moves on me). Incinerator also inflicts a burn, which was doing around 50/tick to me, but it wore off pretty quickly (in my experience at least, I've only got hit by it twice in my 10 runs).

The best area to kite him is G-8, west of his pop area. There's alot of trees and boulders and random little rocks plus a hill where you can just keep cycling, this was the best area hands down for kiting because of him stopping to stomp/slash and using rocks/trees/bushes/etc to make him path oddly while you and your partner(s) bounce hate.

Dunno what else to say, I think I got mostly everything? Enjoy your easy to obtain ammos guys, hopefully SE doesn't put a flee affect on this guy, either way I've got what I wanted!
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-09-17 13:07:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Marids are there now on Bahamut :( with a true-something aggroing NM!
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2010-09-18 22:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I've heard Quint Spear drops off him, how false is that?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7