Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-09-15 17:40:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
You're like never on >:|
Maybe if you waited then you'd have more stones!
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-09-15 17:44:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
You're like never on >:|
Maybe if you waited then you'd have more stones!

....do you want my yellow abyssite....?
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-09-15 17:49:05
Link | Quote | Reply

OH MY GOD.

THEY GAVE US A WYISWG TEXT EDITOR.

I *** LOVE YOU

Edit: wrong topic. >_>;
 Leviathan.Powerslave
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Powerslave 2010-09-15 17:51:52
Link | Quote | Reply

So I'm guessing this *** can be soloed via kiting?
 Gilgamesh.Thedreamer
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Thedreamer 2010-09-15 17:54:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Just tried, guess regen too strong cause bio and bio II only down him to 99 w...
 Bahamut.Aeronis
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-09-15 18:01:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Thedreamer said:
Just tried, guess regen too strong cause bio and bio II only down him to 99 w...

Bio AND Bio II, stacked together!? (Haha, French players)
[+]
 Alexander.Xgalahadx
Server: Alexander
user: xgalahadx
By Alexander.Xgalahadx 2010-09-15 18:05:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Gilgamesh.Thedreamer said:

Bio AND Bio II, stacked together!? (Haha, French players)
Think he meant that he tried bio and then bioII; to see the amount of regen it had. :/
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-09-15 18:09:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Powerslave said:

Not comfortable. Duo is easy.
 Leviathan.Powerslave
By Leviathan.Powerslave 2010-09-15 18:16:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Raen, my savior :O

Hmm, where does it spawn exactly? Says I-8 on wiki but that's a little vague :3
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-15 18:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure I could do it (and by extension, that a RDM/SCH could do it), but a duo is much easier, faster, and safer.
Raen, my savior :O

Hmm, where does it spawn exactly? Says I-8 on wiki but that's a little vague :3
If you walk towards Conflux 0 from base camp, he'll be just past the second bridge (the one after the sea monks). If you're coming from Conflux 0, just walk north... you'll find him.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-09-15 18:25:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Just in that square I'm afraid :p anywhere in that small area, or so we think. Really noticeable. If you haven't been watching it the whole time it might be anywhere after MPKing people etc though.
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-09-15 18:32:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I saw it run in to conflux 01 earlier, scared the hell out of me
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-09-15 18:34:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I intend to be killing it a lot when I actually get Abyssea time for teh Pluviale so if you have it ravaging you, I'll come save ya :D

Speaking of which, if anyone on Bahamut sees me in the zone obviously doing it, gimme a /tell and ask if anyone is there for the 100% drops (if you want them). A lot of the time, there isn't...
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
Server: Carbuncle
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-09-15 19:02:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Duo, the third dude was the RDM's mule on NIN/WHM, and we never died once so raise wasn't required from the mule.

Lost lot on the body, but got myself a Mavi Tathlum now. :D
 Phoenix.Lithical
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Lithical 2010-09-15 19:16:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh >< Laughably easy, ran in to check without grabbing cruor buffs and a very nice linkshell were standing at him buffing... I'm not passing up a claim lol. Held with extreme ease while some friends came to speed it up. Can be soloed np for sure, but much faster with help. Thunder was really consistent for me (620), DM said he was seeing consistent Water numbers too. Both tried Blizz a couple times, he completely resists it (40 damage) so don't bother.

Alexander.Odaka
user: Odaka
By Alexander.Odaka 2010-09-15 19:23:36
Link | Quote | Reply

is it kitable for solo?

w/ or w/out move speed +%
 Phoenix.Lithical
By Phoenix.Lithical 2010-09-15 19:26:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd say you could kite with or without (he stops and slashes the air a lot) but if he got in range of you the movement would help a lot to get you back out faster. Atma of Ambition is that ASA completion atma iirc, if you don't have I'd get. It's very nice for anything RDM/NIN, it's movement 12%, some FC, and 5 MP/tick refresh.
 Alexander.Odaka
By Alexander.Odaka 2010-09-15 19:27:34
Link | Quote | Reply

ah. dont even have ASA add-on ; ;

5mp/tick refresh? jesus lol
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-09-15 19:29:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, and he rages too if you don't kill him fast enough (ours raged duoing him because we had to take turns warping back to Jeuno to get stones), and he resists ***hard. At that point, we deaggroed him and let him regen 10% and he unraged as most NMs would.

Edit: Also, with PDT-40% and Protect V, he hit my SCH/NIN for 350 damage a pop, no Phalanx 2 on me.
 Carbuncle.Snoochybooch
By Carbuncle.Snoochybooch 2010-09-15 19:31:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Virtuosus said:

Duo, the third dude was the RDM's mule on NIN/WHM, and we never died once so raise wasn't required from the mule.

Lost lot on the body, but got myself a Mavi Tathlum now. :D

Grats, I just saw your partner wearing it!

Any idea on the respawn time?

Phoenix.Lithical
By Phoenix.Lithical 2010-09-15 19:31:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I had hate for the majority of the fight because I think DM lagged during Chainspell (We both CS'd to speed it up, we're both very low on stones) and I got more nukes in. So I actually didn't get to convert as I couldn't nuke as much as I would have liked. AF2 hat, Serp x2, Refresh2, and atma is 13 MP/tick so it's very very nice. Going to get Windy rank10 soon for the other refresh atma...

Edit: Also, 150-200 hits on my RDM, 45% PDT, Protect5, Bio2. Used cream puff instead of taco when I found how easy he was to kite. It really does get laggy if you pull it to the bastion spot near conflux when battles are going on btw...

Alexander.Odaka
By Alexander.Odaka 2010-09-15 19:35:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, and he rages too if you don't kill him fast enough (ours raged duoing him because we had to take turns warping back to Jeuno to get stones), and he resists ***hard. At that point, we deaggroed him and let him regen 10% and he unraged as most NMs would. Edit: Also, with PDT-40% and Protect V, he hit my SCH/NIN for 350 damage a pop, no Phalanx 2 on me.

77pld unbuffed (except for cruor stat buff) took around the same with no pdt or protect
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
Server: Ragnarok
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2010-09-15 19:50:45
Link | Quote | Reply

You know, I was in the zone doing a quest when a small group kiting him ran by. This guy started meleeing me while purple. I didn't do anything, was just running around looking for a ???. Was kinda odd...
 Phoenix.Lithical
By Phoenix.Lithical 2010-09-15 19:53:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Harpunnik said:
You know, I was in the zone doing a quest when a small group kiting him ran by. This guy started meleeing me while purple. I didn't do anything, was just running around looking for a ???. Was kinda odd...

The group that I claimed over this time killed an hour and a half earlier and I was watching and got hit by an aoe. I reapplied stoneskin and he came over and decided to strip my shadows. It was pretty weird.
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-09-15 20:00:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Snoochybooch said:

Thanks :D, I'm still sad I lost it but it happens. Gonna keep at it later tonight and maybe get another drop I hope. I thought you were standing there watching us to wait for us to wipe haha.

As for the respawn time, no clue, but I'm hoping he's something like 30-35 mins like the other NMs, or an hour max. Wishful thinking...
 Phoenix.Lithical
By Phoenix.Lithical 2010-09-15 20:02:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks :D, I'm still sad I lost it but it happens. Gonna keep at it later tonight and maybe get another drop I hope. I thought you were standing there watching us to wait for us to wipe haha.

As for the respawn time, no clue, but I'm hoping he's something like 30-35 mins like the other NMs, or an hour max. Wishful thinking...

I claimed mine an hour and 15 minutes after his previous death if that helps. Maybe others can tell us their repop times so we can establish a window.
 Carbuncle.Snoochybooch
By Carbuncle.Snoochybooch 2010-09-15 20:08:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Lithical said:

I claimed mine an hour and 15 minutes after his previous death if that helps. Maybe others can tell us their repop times so we can establish a window.
Well I'm not gonna lie, I was hoping you would, but you were solid.

OooOo I hope it is 1 hour and 15min
 Leviathan.Solanis
user: Solanis
By Leviathan.Solanis 2010-09-15 21:42:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, and he rages too if you don't kill him fast enough (ours raged duoing him because we had to take turns warping back to Jeuno to get stones), and he resists ***hard. At that point, we deaggroed him and let him regen 10% and he unraged as most NMs would. Edit: Also, with PDT-40% and Protect V, he hit my SCH/NIN for 350 damage a pop, no Phalanx 2 on me.

That's odd, he was hitting my SCH/RDM with -20% pdt for about 250 a hit.
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-09-15 21:43:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Solanis said:

Thinking back, I think that was when he was raged because we had to take turns solo kiting him while we grabbed stones in Port Jeuno. Oops. ;x
 Leviathan.Solanis
user: Solanis
By Leviathan.Solanis 2010-09-15 21:45:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Solanis said:
Thinking back, I think that was when he was raged because we had to take turns solo kiting him while we grabbed stones in Port Jeuno. Oops. ;x

with all the HP we have as SCH now at 85 (something like 1700-1800 with enhancements I think) the icky part is less the damage, and more the en-stun or en-knockback effects D:
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7