Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Meowzma
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-09-07 12:51:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
I also noticed that when the Receive ping gets high and/or the connection icon goes yellow or red, your character begins to lag on movement commands -- even continuous movement -- and jerks around a bit.

This is actually a good thing, in a way. (Minus the lag in the first place, which is pretty brutal.) It implies that character position is done on the server side and not the client, so hopefully FF14 won't be flooded with teleport hacks again.

It actually feels like the menus and everything else is server-sided (the maps being the most obvious as they sometimes download square-by-square like you're on Google maps), I find this laggy and well, ***tbh.

I hope there is more to the client side in live.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2010-09-07 12:58:55
Link | Quote | Reply

if anyone has installed the mouse patch, you have to restore the original boot for the new patch today.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-09-07 13:00:02
Link | Quote | Reply

The information that populates the menus are server side, but most of the UI itself is client-side. It just takes awhile to fetch the data.

I imagine that part will get better quickly once we're running on real servers with release-level bandwidth.

The more things that are server-side, the less hacking, cheats, and bots will creep into the game over time. (Theoretically.)
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-09-07 13:07:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
The information that populates the menus are server side, but most of the UI itself is client-side. It just takes awhile to fetch the data.

I imagine that part will get better quickly once we're running on real servers with release-level bandwidth.

The more things that are server-side, the less hacking, cheats, and bots will creep into the game over time. (Theoretically.)
Isn't that why all my WoW friends boast they've never been hacked? :/
By idkbro 2010-09-07 13:09:45
Link | Quote | Reply

:< ok so I'm half HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, but I'm not too sureeee on how to back up FFXIV so I don't have to reinstall like an idiot. >_>;

Can someone teach me how to not be an idiot D:? <3
[+]
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-09-07 13:10:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Really? My WoW friends get hacked all the time. My roommate got hacked just a week ago, despite not even logging on for ~6 months.

Granted, the WoW GM's are pretty responsive to hacking and will restore your stuff without much trouble...
 Fairy.Victoire
Server: Fairy
user: Alexandre
By Fairy.Victoire 2010-09-07 13:11:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Anye said:
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
The information that populates the menus are server side, but most of the UI itself is client-side. It just takes awhile to fetch the data. I imagine that part will get better quickly once we're running on real servers with release-level bandwidth. The more things that are server-side, the less hacking, cheats, and bots will creep into the game over time. (Theoretically.)
Isn't that why all my WoW friends boast they've never been hacked? :/
My WoW account got hacked by an RMT who was spamming their Goldwebsite and I was banned. It took almost 2 weeks to get my account back.
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-09-07 13:11:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Really? My WoW friends get hacked all the time. My roommate got hacked just a week ago, despite not even logging on for ~6 months.

Granted, the WoW GM's are pretty responsive to hacking and will restore your stuff without much trouble...
Huh. My friend has some 'splainin' to do....
By idkbro 2010-09-07 13:22:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Anywun Q_Q..?
 Quetzalcoatl.Tabas
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tabas
By Quetzalcoatl.Tabas 2010-09-07 13:27:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Plus there's the fact that WoW stores a lot of things client-side to reduce server strain. Player position and flight paths both come to mind.

Not that any of this has anything to do with how easy it is to hack an account -- barring the inclusion of two-factor authentication (such as security tokens), the easiest methods of attack are the same for all MMOs. (Phishing emails, spam tells that pretend to be from GMs, taking advantage of yet another Flash vulnerability to install a keylogger...)
 Sylph.Idkbro
Server: Sylph
user: idkbro
By Sylph.Idkbro 2010-09-07 13:33:35
Link | Quote | Reply

idkbro said:
Ok so I'm half HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, but I'm not too sureeee on how to back up FFXIV so I don't have to reinstall like an idiot. >_>;

Can someone teach me how to not be an idiot D:? <3

Can someone please help me?..>_>
[+]
 Fairy.Victoire
By Fairy.Victoire 2010-09-07 13:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

You just have to go to my Computer > Program Files > SquareEnix and I think it's FFXIVGame.exe, 12MB. I'm not 100 percent sure it's on my other computer, but copy that and keep it as a back up somewhere else.
 Sylph.Idkbro
By Sylph.Idkbro 2010-09-07 13:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

ffxivboot I think is what it's called, cause that's 12MB.

So that's really all I do o_O?.. I'm kind of scared to use the mouse patch again, cause this is my second time re-installing xD;
[+]
 Fairy.Victoire
By Fairy.Victoire 2010-09-07 13:44:07
Link | Quote | Reply

No, not FFXIVboot it's called FFXIVgame.exe I might have the file size wrong, but that's the correct file name.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2010-09-07 13:45:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I see a ffxivboot not a ffxigame.exe >.> also
 Sylph.Idkbro
By Sylph.Idkbro 2010-09-07 13:46:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Alyria said:

Yeah @_@ I don't see a ffxivgame anywhere in my pc. I'm getting worried now eep.
 Phoenix.Oumura
Server: Phoenix
user: Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-09-07 13:50:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Idkbro said:
Gilgamesh.Alyria said:

Yeah @_@ I don't see a ffxivgame anywhere in my pc. I'm getting worried now eep.
The "ffxivgame" should be there. It just wont have the .exe file extension on it. :P
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-09-07 13:51:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Dear god, the Ambient Occlusion setting (a type of shading algorithm) in the graphics config utility makes the game look better. No idea why that isn't on by default. Probably because it's a beast re: framerate unless you have a high-end box.
 Phoenix.Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-09-07 13:53:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Dear god, the Ambient Occlusion setting (a type of shading algorithm) in the graphics config utility makes the game look better. No idea why that isn't on by default. Probably because it's a beast re: framerate unless you have a high-end box.
Unfortunately it bogs down too much if I turn it on. :\
 Fairy.Victoire
By Fairy.Victoire 2010-09-07 13:55:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Make sure you're going into my computer > program files > Square Enix > FFXIV BETA
 Sylph.Idkbro
By Sylph.Idkbro 2010-09-07 13:56:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Oumura said:
Sylph.Idkbro said:
Gilgamesh.Alyria said:

The "ffxivgame" should be there. It just wont have the .exe file extension on it. :P

...omg I seriously feel r-tarded. I don't see ffxivgame anywhere xD; just ffxivupdater, boot, setup, and config.
[+]
Administrator
By Cliff 2010-09-07 13:57:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Updated patcher for 2010.09.07.2001.
 Fairy.Victoire
By Fairy.Victoire 2010-09-07 13:58:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Cliff said:
YESSS THANK YOU!
 Phoenix.Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-09-07 13:58:38
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're running Vista/7 64-bit make sure you're checking the Program Files(x86) folder and not just the Program Files folder.
 Sylph.Idkbro
By Sylph.Idkbro 2010-09-07 14:00:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Oumura said:
If you're running Vista/7 64-bit make sure you're checking the Program Files(x86) folder and not just the Program Files folder.

Yeah I've been in (x86) :<

edit:

just woke up from a nap, found it >_> it's cause i was installing it while looking for it. mybad.
[+]
 Phoenix.Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-09-07 14:00:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow the game came up an entire hour early...

Nevermind I can't count.
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-07 14:41:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Cliff said:
The normal .exe as of today's patch in case someone doesn't back it up before applying the mouse fix.
http://tehkrizz.net/Gaming/FFXIV/ffxivgame.exe
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2010-09-07 14:44:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Woot you rock :)
By nizchetus 2010-09-07 14:51:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm stupid and didn't back up my exe file last night, and then I just replaced it with the exe file posted above me... and then realised it was 9.07, not 9.06.

Does anyone have the unpatched 9.06 exe so I can update this? Me rove you rong time?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8