Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-06-29 23:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Excelior said:
Gilgamesh.Samuraiking said:
Quote isn't working so I'm just gonna say i'm responding to Gaizz's last post.

Gsword is absolute trash. It's only purpose is /thf on HNM. I personally would rather /sam and sc with Insurgency because I am geared properly. If i'm not leading an event and i'm told /thf I'm not gonna bother to argue with them because it's not worth the hassle. Considering you lack the common sense to understand this concept I will assume you are gimp and fall into the category that has to /thf and you should get a bale belt for it.

Gsword is ***. If you don't like it, I, as well as all the other decent drks could care less. Not gonna bother to argue with you on common knowledge. Gswords only purpose is for drks to /thf with because they lack the acc/atk to handle /sam with the proper scythe weapon.

Edit: I just realized I said ang for /thf gsword wtf. I was referring to bale belt for the mods. Ang is only for crazy ***u need acc on badly WITH scythe. People are still trying to justify using *** Gsword /sam? gtfo.

A lot of nonsense here. Also nice of you to make assumptions about how I play and calling me gimp, you know, considering you know all about me. Nevertheless, cool story bro.

Oh! by the way, Insurgency is basically guillotine -1, and it does not have the same skillchain properties that Spinning slash does, since insurgency is fusion/compression, and Spinninslash is fragmentation. Not that any of that matters because insurgency's animation is so cool right?

Cerberus.Excelior said:
I think I just got whooshed or something. I'm fairly sure he was thinking you were advocating using /thf with greatsword. His point was that regardless of what weapon you use(scythe or greatsword)that /sam is clearly better.

Also this ^

The fact that you think GS /thf is better than GS /sam...just shows how clueless you are. Regardless of whether GS is trash or not, regardles of whether GS's use is limited or not, regardless of whether you are using scythe or GS... /sam will still be better generally if not always, and I shouldn't even have to explain to you why that is true...

inb4 more insults from "Samuraiking."

[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-06-29 23:55:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Airbag said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Bearing in mind I'm jumping in the middle of the "debate" here, but are you really insulting someone for being in the army?

A lot of the time while we sit here on our *** happily playing games and posting on forums these guys are putting their necks on the line - they deserve respect.

We wouldn't need to go to war if it wasn't for corrupt governments with selfish agendas. If they didn't have their own army they wouldn't be able to start any of the wars, the politicians sure as hell aren't marching in themselves.

It's not really a debate, everyone but him knows Gsword is ***, he's just trying to justify it and make HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE posts. He got mad and I laughed. And now he's about to get madder, so I can laugh some more.

You must be 13.

I'm 12 years old and what is this?
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-06-29 23:57:19
Link | Quote | Reply

You all are suck.
[+]
 Cerberus.Excelior
Server: Cerberus
user: Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-06-29 23:57:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I was joking about not being american. Mankey and SK have both seen the french ppl on gilgmesh, nuff said.

Well, Dusk gloves+1 would basically let me add 5 attack in my feet slot for aftermath and 1 more haste for non aftermath so yea that's not OMG amazing. Obviously still an improvement. The ebody would result in probably at least a few % improvement in damage vs HNM level targets though so yea I do need to get that asap. I'm happy I save4d points for gil in my shell instead of Ebody though; the next update may very well obsolete it. Inb4 augment debate lol.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-06-29 23:58:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
When did I mention Greatsword /thf? Greatsword /sam.

That is even worse. Please gtfo.

Are you saying /thf > /sam then?
[+]
 Seraph.Rafik
Server: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-06-29 23:59:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
You all are suck.

come join us the fun is just starting and bring your friends
[+]
 Phoenix.Airbag
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-06-30 00:00:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I can hear your apoc weeping from asura, get it in the bonanza?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-06-30 00:00:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:

That is what I asked him Raen... but then you already know what happened next...
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-06-30 00:01:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Rafik said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
You all are suck.

Not yet. Although it appears to be going downhill, it's still on-topic and somewhat thriving.

I think.
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-06-30 00:02:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Seraph.Rafik said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
You all are suck.

Not yet. Although it appears to be going downhill, it's still on-topic and somewhat thriving.

I think.

Page 9 We can do it!!! Page 9
 Asura.Tigredor
Server: Asura
user: Tigredor
By Asura.Tigredor 2010-06-30 00:03:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
I think you're oversimplifying the world a bit much <_< Gswrd isn't ***. It's limited but still good in those situations. A lot of stuff in this game is situational, doesn't make it ***.
It's ***. If you prefer, the person who HAS to use it is ***. I don't make fun of them unless they are /sam and not doing it on a HNM of some sort. Drk/sam with Gsword will not come near a drk/sam with scythe. It's not even debatable. :/

Why dont you stop with the "zoMg scYtHE oNRY GswrOd iS giMP" and actually make a coherent explanation of why?

The fact is if ur in a pty /sam without a brd or cor, and ur scythe and gsword are both able to cap in acc with pizza, and you have a proper 6hit with both, if your fighting a high lvl/high defense HNM the Gsword will pull ahead with Consistent Spinning Slashes. Of course wit Chaos roll and/or Double minuet Guillotine will win. Shits situational, shits been situational, and shits gonna continue to be situational in this game.

Blanket statements = fail.
[+]
 Cerberus.Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-06-30 00:04:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Airbag said:
I can hear your apoc weeping from asura, get it in the bonanza?

Yea I guess my town gear sucks. I'm not sure how you could possibly make that statement with the knowledge you have thus far. Ignorance is such a ***.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-06-30 00:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I just don't get the blind hate. Sure, Scythe is better anywhere you have the buffs. Nobody is debating that. Situations where Greatsword do well or even excel at are not all that uncommon if you use your DRK in a wide variety of situations (not everybody does and fair play to those who do not - for those who use DRK in its "optimal" places, Scythe eclipses Greatsword handily).

We can go and extend this argument to say that GKT on SAM is ***outside of a few niche situations and Polearm is the way to go. People will immediately think "wtf is that guy smoking?" but think about it - it's roughly the same argument, assuming both can cap acc without too much sacrifice and with food. Gekko is just Spinny Slash+2, and Penta Thrust is your Guillotine.

Anywhere with sufficient buffs, Polearm will outdo GKT similarly~ yet GKT does not suffer the hate.
[+]
 Asura.Tigredor
By Asura.Tigredor 2010-06-30 00:05:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Also difference between Greatsword and Scythe: - Both should be accuracy capped (or damn close to) through relevant foods - Both have roughly the same amount of time gathering TP between WSs - Scythe probably gains a decent amount of Attack. Unless you're buffed to all hell, Spinning Slash is going to outperform Guillotine. Is a bit of extra DoT damage going to outperform Spinning Slash? Very unlikely, I would say - not to mention SS is very CONSISTENT which Guillo is not on high level mobs.

QFT , keywords being "Unless your buffed to all hell"
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-06-30 00:05:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:

They should require a reading comprehension test before they let ppl post on this site, I swear to god.

What I'm saying is, if you are geared properly you will be able to support scythe/sam on anything. If you are not geared properly then you are going to get a better output with gsword/thf. This is HNM, not merits, your overall dmg means next to ***. Your objective is tp and sc. I don't see an inbetween where gsword/sam is going to beat /thf for a person who isn't geared well enough.

We are all in agreeance Scythe/sam is the best, yet you seem to think that Gsword/sam is ok? I understand your point of /sam > /thf disregarding weapons, yet you have to factor those in.....

If you can't get enough ATK/ACC to use scythe on HNM, then you don't have enough to use Gsword and that's why you /thf for acc to make sure the ws lands... if you have enough for both, then just use *** Scythe.

Edit: Apparently it's ok to not have a properly buffed alliance on *** HNM, who knew? I wasn't aware they let anyone in on HNM action now being gimp as ***. We aren't arguing situations here. We are arguing what most HNMLS have, which is gear, skill and *** support. /headdesk
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-30 00:07:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tigredor said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
I think you're oversimplifying the world a bit much <_< Gswrd isn't ***. It's limited but still good in those situations. A lot of stuff in this game is situational, doesn't make it ***.
It's ***. If you prefer, the person who HAS to use it is ***. I don't make fun of them unless they are /sam and not doing it on a HNM of some sort. Drk/sam with Gsword will not come near a drk/sam with scythe. It's not even debatable. :/

Why dont you stop with the "zoMg scYtHE oNRY GswrOd iS giMP" and actually make a coherent explanation of why?

The fact is if ur in a pty /sam without a brd or cor, and ur scythe and gsword are both able to cap in acc with pizza, and you have a proper 6hit with both, if your fighting a high lvl/high defense HNM the Gsword will pull ahead with Consistent Spinning Slashes. Of course wit Chaos roll and/or Double minuet Guillotine will win. Shits situational, shits been situational, and shits gonna continue to be situational in this game.

Blanket statements = fail.
Not saying I agree with SK, but you should probably at least read enough of the thread to get some context and see that the lack of a BRD/COR thing has been addressed at least twice.

I don't think GS is complete ***, as scythe builds don't scale up to the nastier NMs well (blame Guillo being your best WS), but your point is not valid in this context.
[+]
 Asura.Tigredor
By Asura.Tigredor 2010-06-30 00:09:15
Link | Quote | Reply

:/
[/quote]You're welcome to come though and bask in my glory, as it seems i'm the only decent drk left in the whole game /sigh.[/quote]

Wow, after reading that I now know that

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_okSIvb7zcQE/SPeOUFfOVNI/AAAAAAAADts/pbt4b7YZADU/s400/southpark.jpg

= Samuraiking

Only someone like him would say crap like that to make himself feel better about his sad "real life."
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-06-30 00:12:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tigredor said:
:/
You're welcome to come though and bask in my glory, as it seems i'm the only decent drk left in the whole game /sigh.[/quote]

Wow, after reading that I now know that

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_okSIvb7zcQE/SPeOUFfOVNI/AAAAAAAADts/pbt4b7YZADU/s400/southpark.jpg

= Samuraiking

Only someone like him would say crap like that to make himself feel better about his sad "real life."[/quote]

lolz. learn to link btw, BBcode is simple, there's even a paste at the bottom to help u.
[+]
 Cerberus.Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-06-30 00:12:39
Link | Quote | Reply

OMG the real life card has been pulled. This thread is complete.

AFK turning in stage 2 ragnarok to piss off samuraiking <3
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-06-30 00:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Excelior said:
OMG the real life card has been pulled. This thread is complete.

AFK turning in stage 2 ragnarok to piss off samuraiking <3

OMFG WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT! /RAGEQUITTHEGAME

Edit: btw u remember ellion? he bought gil and upgraded ragnarok lol. Not to mention ostrea who doesn;t even have drk leveled.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-06-30 00:15:23
Link | Quote | Reply

What I'm saying is, if you are geared properly you will be able to support scythe/sam on anything.

Not geared properly. Supported properly. Scythe is highly buff-reliant. Greatsword relies mainly (but not only) on the gear/food you provide it with.
Quote:
If you are not geared properly then you are going to get a better output with gsword/thf. This is HNM, not merits, your overall dmg means next to ***. Your objective is tp and sc.

TP and SC only heavily favouring Greatsword.
Quote:
I don't see an inbetween where gsword/sam is going to beat /thf for a person who isn't geared well enough.

Greatsword WS has huge acc and attack boosts. They compensate for gear or buff deficiency. Scythe does not. Scythe expects you to provide the firepower. Greatsword just asks that you give it enough accuracy to TP and it'll do its job (Sushi if you need to).
Quote:
We are all in agreeance Scythe/sam is the best, yet you seem to think that Gsword/sam is ok?

Best in an ideal world != best in every practical situation.
Quote:
If you can't get enough ATK/ACC to use scythe on HNM, then you don't have enough to use Gsword and that's why you /thf for acc to make sure the ws lands... if you have enough for both, then just use *** Scythe.

Greatsword WS is going to land unless you're under the effect of Hurricane Wing, 95% of the time. All you need is enough Accuracy and Attack to build TP. Scythe needs a lot more than this!
Quote:
Edit: Apparently it's ok to not have a properly buffed alliance on *** HNM, who knew? I wasn't aware they let anyone in on HNM action now being gimp as ***. We aren't arguing situations here. We are arguing what most HNMLS have, which is gear, skill and *** support. /headdesk

How often do melees get two Bards on a HNM? You typically get one. What is the best combination of songs one Bard can use? 2x March. Which weapon does this favour? Both of them equally. Therefore after this one buffer, Greatsword is still ahead. Add more buffers and Scythe has the potential to pull ahead, yet this is not typical (at least in my experience).
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-06-30 00:17:56
Link | Quote | Reply

lol @ you guys. BRB Abyssea. Don't forget to rate down.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-06-30 00:19:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been playing DRK for a longgg time now. Squeezed DRK into just about every situation in the game where it's even marginally useful. I adore my DRK and always will do as it was my first love, and although I use Scythe 95% of the time if not more, there are still times where I bust out the Greatsword.

The situations where I do are often hardly described as optimal, but an ideal world is exactly that - doesn't happen all of the time.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-30 00:21:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:

They should require a reading comprehension test before they let ppl post on this site, I swear to god.

What I'm saying is, if you are geared properly you will be able to support scythe/sam on anything. If you are not geared properly then you are going to get a better output with gsword/thf. This is HNM, not merits, your overall dmg means next to ***. Your objective is tp and sc. I don't see an inbetween where gsword/sam is going to beat /thf for a person who isn't geared well enough.

We are all in agreeance Scythe/sam is the best, yet you seem to think that Gsword/sam is ok? I understand your point of /sam > /thf disregarding weapons, yet you have to factor those in.....

If /SAM is applicable and we assume relevant haste buffs, we find Hasso to be a ~27% increase to global damage without accounting for acc or STR and STP + Meditate to be at least a ~20% increase to WS damage (more than 10% to total) in a system where you're WSing ~1.7 times per minute with /THF and ~2.5 times per minute with /SAM. In other words, you're looking at a ~47% increase to WS damage alone with /SAM. Ratio caps before level correction now, so against Tiamat (now 15 levels above us), you're looking at a cRatio 1.25 on WS without SA and 2.25 with. That's an 80% improvement once per minute, 80/1.7=47% increase to WS damage... oh hey, that looks familiar. The first time ignored acc and STR from Hasso though (acc quite possibly very relevant), and /SAM also improves the rest of your DPS as opposed to /THF's singular boost.

Very napkin mathed and I'm far too out of it to do this justice as far as precision is concerned, but you get the point.
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-06-30 00:21:42
Link | Quote | Reply

lol @ you guys. BRB Abyssea. Don't forget to rate down.

no way <.< we want to resort to name calling like someone else did. Not mentioning any names. Been a naughty boy lately? No cookies for you. >.<
[+]
 Cerberus.Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-06-30 00:22:07
Link | Quote | Reply

In all fairness there are many trolls/dumb people who post in these threads but raen does at least know what he's talking about. I don't think I've ever read his stuff and wondered wtf.

In my personal experience though raen I would use cross reaper on most HNM and average about 100 damage less than spinning slash but would pick up my damage via higher melee accuracy/higher melee attack/higher WS frequence due to 6 hit being easier on scythe. Guil becomes harder to use on HNM reliably obviously. I'm merited 8/8 scythe 8/8 sword 4/4 shield though. If not for the massive skill gap I could see greatsword beating it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-06-30 00:26:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't actually tried Cross Reaper much honestly (not a big fan of 2hit WS as a whole - do I build this like a 1hit or do I build this like a multi? ARGH). It should in theory be weaker than Guillotine if you consistently land all 4 hits. If this is not true, perhaps an Attack boost? Would give the WS some proper purpose...

And yah, if there's a melee accuracy difference then the two start to spread out. If there isn't (I haven't got any Gswrd merits either and can comfortably approach accuracy cap on Fafnir with Gswrd using sushi) and the two builds are roughly equal in terms of 6hit difficulty (Naglering vs Perdu Sickle for me, almost identical in terms of TP speed/difficulty etc) then Gswrd does appear to pull ahead.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-06-30 00:31:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Nightfyre said:
Stuff

I don't recommend Sneak Attacking Tiamat if there's a chance you'll pull hate, and of course TA doesn't have a crit bonus for nonTHF :P your math is relevant if you are definitely not going to pull hate though!
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-06-30 00:33:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Nightfyre said:
Stuff

I don't recommend Sneak Attacking Tiamat if there's a chance you'll pull hate, and of course TA doesn't have a crit bonus for nonTHF :P your math is relevant if you are definitely not going to pull hate though!

Sam/thf full overhelm merits sexy
[+]
 Cerberus.Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-06-30 00:35:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe my 60% accuracy parse was a fluke, or maybe food would have made that huge of a difference. My LS doesnt usually parse HNM least of all fafnir but it was noticebly horrible compared to Tiamat/cerberus. Anyways, I hardly ever use cross reaper outside of those rare occasions. I'm also gimp and never farmed rose strap for my naglering 6 hit so the WS frequency was way lower than scythe as well.
[+]