Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » new Drk waist options
new Drk waist options
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
Server: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-06-30 00:40:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe just had one of those days where mages didn't feel like blindnaing you after a wing? That blind is pretty strong.
 Fenrir.Gradd
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-06-30 00:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ugh... Scythe makes me emo as hell on HNM Ixion more specificially, its such a pain in the *** trying to Cap ACC on that mob, and Guillotine dmg is just crap on it.

The Fact that GS is prebuffed is what makes it shine your going to land strong and consistant DMG, I can average 600 Dmg spinning slashes w/out buffs, with Chaos Roll your guaranteed to average 900 atleast. Ive done alot of parsing on Ixion and scythe has never impressed me the few times ive used it :/

Guillotine being multi-hit and fail on anything thats worth a damn wont come anywhere near that ~_~
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-30 00:41:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Nightfyre said:
Stuff

I don't recommend Sneak Attacking Tiamat if there's a chance you'll pull hate, and of course TA doesn't have a crit bonus for nonTHF :P your math is relevant if you are definitely not going to pull hate though!
Tia was just the highest level HNM that came to mind and obviously SA for DPS reasons since this whole argument is (unless I've grossly misinterpreted) about damage rather than any sort of utility. Just the usual set everything in their favor stuff. If it's about utility then we get into a whole other slew of arguments about how tanks shouldn't need hate plants and all that jazz.

EDIT: On that note, a heads up that I used an odd (low) GS delay to further favor /THF via increased x-hit (ie devaluing STP). Naglering's 6-hit /SAM would further increase /SAM's margin over /THF, but I'm unfamiliar with Magian GS so I don't know what the situation's like now.

EDIT2: I also made a rather odd assumption about SA timing that plays heavily in /THF's favor. If I'd run it for once every 2 WS like I should have, even accounting for perfect acc on SAWS /SAM would have won by ~5% with just the factors I accounted for.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-06-30 00:46:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
Maybe just had one of those days where mages didn't feel like blindnaing you after a wing? That blind is pretty strong.

Yah, Hurricane Wing blind, at least the Nyzul version, was estimated to be ~-256 accuracy. Ouch!

I think it must be that. My Paladin:

Joy/Koenig/---/Tiphia
Turban/PCC/Suppa/Brutal
Hauby+1/Homam/Toreador's/Rajas
Cuch/Swift/Homam/Homam

0 Sword merits, Sushi of some kind

I would estimate is around the 80-85% mark. Eyeballing is very dangerous but Hurricane Wing skews parses so much (especially since Fafnir is a short fight so sample size is small). I reckon with Apoc DRK + great gear + Diabolic Eye + Pizza you should be very near cap, and this is at 75!

EDIT: I'd also strongly advise against using Nag if you can't 6hit it comfortably. It goes from very good Greatsword to bad Greatsword very abruptly.
[+]
 Cerberus.Excelior
Server: Cerberus
user: Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-06-30 00:50:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow I didnt realize it was that strong wtf lol. I was thinkin maybe 10% accuracy drop for me. Yea I never got blindna.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-06-30 00:52:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Or I might be getting mixed up with Blinding Potions. Something about a -100 figure is in my head. At any rate it's VERY strong. And I am very tired. And am going to bed :( goodnight peoples!
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-06-30 01:50:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
EDIT: I'd also strongly advise against using Nag if you can't 6hit it comfortably. It goes from very good Greatsword to bad Greatsword very abruptly.

This ^ ... it amazes me how lots of drks use naglering and think it's so great because it has attack+20 and accuracy+4...while those stats are nice, the most beneficial attribute that Naglering has is an easy 6hit build/5hit rebuild, which only requires +23 StoreTP for TP and +22 StoreTP for WS. Alternately, you can just equip rose strap with it and you're set.

Then people who don't even have at least a Naglering 6hit build, have no proper gear for GS: TP and WS (you gear it differently from Guillotine), have Scythe merits but no GS merits, no proper food (NQ/HQ pizza is not expensive) etc. And then they wonder why it sucks so much on HNMs too for them. (Because they have no 6hit, bad WS gear, have horrible TPing accuracy etc.)

I shouldn't have to say this...but of course Scythe is better than great sword for a lot of things, particularly merit level mobs and below, specially if you have outside attack buffs.(I do have max Scythe merits too, and appropriate gear sets, different WS sets for different mobs, make good use of key bind macros, spellcast etc..but that should be beside the point really.) This is specially true the better your scythe gear set is, as well as your buffs etc... I actually believe this, and have never denied it. And a similar case can be made for Polearm Sam being better than GK SAM on weaker stuff where you are buffed and your accuracy is good etc.

Scythe may also be better for harder stuff but you need more outside attack buffs etc.(particularly HNMs, and not to mention that the precious guillotine may suffer quite a bit from accuracy on the hardest HNMs due to being a multi-hit WS) Furthermore, just like Raenryong stated, if you have only one bard...then you should be getting MarchX2 which benefits both weapons equally. I just don't think GS is ***for everything, which is what Samuraiking thinks and other people have already told him that it does have its uses, even if situational like many things in this game.

Just as Gradd stated as well, "the Fact that GS is prebuffed is what makes it shine your going to land strong and consistant DMG." This is specially why it is good on certain NM/HNMs/events where you have no more than one bard with you specially. And you do not need /thf to land spinning slash because, as a 1-hit WS, it has an accuracy bonus...which is the other nice thing about it for HNM. The other nice thing about it was, of course, the Cratio bonus.

Really these "Scythe Vs GS" threads are getting really old...

Samuraiking can come and rate down all he wants, not like it matters really...Just saying, it still won't change the facts presented.

In my opinion, the thread may just die here now since it's not even on topic; not that anybody cares about the thread not being on topic...and not that anybody here really cares about what I think though. Just saying.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2010-06-30 09:17:54
Link | Quote | Reply

(since its not letting me quote)

Im courious to hear ppls oppinions of the new varity of acc/str waist peices for drks.

Anguinus Belt: DEF:6 Accuracy+15 Attack+15 "Double Attack"+1% LV 78

Sentry Belt: DEF:6 HP-20 STR+5 Accuracy+10 LV 76

Bale Belt: STR+6 INT+6 Accuracy+6 LV 80

------

Anyone remember how this tread started???
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-06-30 11:02:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Anguinus Belt is probably the game's top Guillotine belt right now.

Sentry Belt is 2nd best.

Bale Belt is game's top Greatsword WS belt.
[+]
 Cerberus.Excelior
Server: Cerberus
user: Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-06-30 11:04:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Think the conclusion here was for guillotine:

Anguinus Belt > sentry belt > Bale Belt > w/e you use now

For single hits:

Bale Belt > Sentry Belt= Warwolf belt
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2010-06-30 11:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Anguinus Belt is probably the game's top Guillotine belt right now.

Now jsut to wiat and see hoe impossible the peice will be to get...