Link | Quote | Reply

Khanda - DMG:25 Delay:252
DMG+25
"Double Attack"+7

Shamshir- DMG:48 Delay:230
DEX+6 Accuracy+12

Shamshir- DMG:48 Delay:230
STR+6 Attack+16

These are the good ones I have found looking for more as we speak.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-25 18:32:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure I'd put the double attack one above the higher dmg OAT even if we supposedly get double attack trait from setting spells
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2010-06-25 18:59:51
Link | Quote | Reply

It would take a *lot* of stacking of DA (DA-Khanda, DA trait, Brutal Earring, Aurore Doublet, Ferox Visor, etc.) to get to even a hard 30% DA proc rate, compared to the Trial 1204-OAT-Khanda's typical OAT proc rate I would guess?

Certainly swapping all that TP-generation/haste gear for DA gear at this point seems self-defeating. But maybe in the future if more DA trait is available it might be worthwhile, as DA will proc on both hands in dual-wield and might influence WS damage--which could arguably be better than OAT on a single hand, I would think.

We'll have to see what SE has in store. Sadly re-choosing a R/E sword type means redoing it all over again at this point, which I would imagine is SE's concept of "replay value" for FFXI. (They don't want Ruthven to get lonely out there.)
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-25 19:03:02
Link | Quote | Reply

There is also the whole more double attack devaluing OAT since they wont stack and devalue each other. But yeah like I said I'm fairly confident we don't get enough double attack yet (and probably wont ever) for +7 double attack to outdo OAT weapons which I'm told are more like 45%.

I could do the math to figure out how much that would be but that is too much work
 Remora.Brain
Server: Remora
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2010-06-25 19:14:59
Link | Quote | Reply

The 7% DA weapon falls fairly short of the OAT in all areas but mainhand vorpal damage.
 Alexander.Trixan
Server: Alexander
user: Trixan
By Alexander.Trixan 2010-06-25 19:24:25
Link | Quote | Reply

They all look awesome to me :D then again I'm the BLU that uses Perdu Hanger and Hofud lol.
 Caitsith.Jar
Server: Caitsith
user: Jar
By Caitsith.Jar 2010-06-25 20:05:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Strong point on the double attack sword is that you can solo the trials. easy.
 Caitsith.Jar
By Caitsith.Jar 2010-06-25 21:36:46
Link | Quote | Reply

also OAT base DMG blows double attacks one is 50 <_<
 Unicorn.Soothsayer
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Soothsayer 2010-06-25 21:46:55
Link | Quote | Reply

what is OAT.... ? :/
 Unicorn.Ninetales
user: Azulmagia
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-06-25 21:48:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Soothsayer said:
Occasionally announces tea-time.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-06-25 21:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Soothsayer said:
Occasionally attacks twice.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-25 22:17:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Jar said:
also OAT base DMG blows double attacks one is 50 <_<
Which is why you offhand it. Even if you don't, it outpaces the DA one easily and thus the lower damage is well accounted for by simply hitting and WSing more often.
[+]
 Unicorn.Jewkitten
user: Jewkitten
By Unicorn.Jewkitten 2010-06-25 22:32:43
Link | Quote | Reply

So I imagine main hand Almice (Empyrean Sword) and off hand HQ Antea is the best DoT for BLU?:D
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-25 23:10:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably, although there are a few options that would come very close or beat it. Having said that, are there any augmentation options for Almace or any of the other new options out there? That's the question.

(Also, HQ Antea is up-gradeable now to even more base damage, I'll find it in an hour or so if no-one beats me to it).
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-25 23:21:47
Link | Quote | Reply

It's 40 base damage iirc, same shitty delay.

The STR Shamshir should beat Almace for the time being. It's 6 delay slower and 4 less base damage, but 6 STR enhances the base damage of both your weapons in addition to increasing spell damage, and it has 16 attack too.
 Unicorn.Ninetales
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-06-25 23:23:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
The STR Shamshir should beat Almace for the time being. It's 6 delay slower and 4 less base damage, but 6 STR enhances the base damage of both your weapons in addition to increasing spell damage, and it has 16 attack too.

*sigh* I'm regretting taking the DEX/Acc path over the STR/Atk path now. I was thinking maybe I could just pile enough accuracy on a sword so I don't need so much elsewhere (to justify tiercel, etc.) but now I feel like I've shot myself in the foot. I also have a Nobilis I'm working on, but nobody seems to want to do VNMs with me and augh.
 Unicorn.Soothsayer
By Unicorn.Soothsayer 2010-06-25 23:23:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Ninetales said:
Unicorn.Soothsayer said:
Occasionally announces tea-time.
Ahhhhhhhhhhh thank you!
My poor Shiva's Shotel :/
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-25 23:35:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Ninetales said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

*sigh* I'm regretting taking the DEX/Acc path over the STR/Atk path now. I was thinking maybe I could just pile enough accuracy on a sword so I don't need so much elsewhere (to justify tiercel, etc.) but now I feel like I've shot myself in the foot. I also have a Nobilis I'm working on, but nobody seems to want to do VNMs with me and augh.
You can make multiples of the elemental weapons =P I'm planning on making STR and DEX ones myself.
 Unicorn.Ninetales
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-06-25 23:44:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
You can make multiples of the elemental weapons =P I'm planning on making STR and DEX ones myself.

Yes of course but I want to do a CHR axe for BST, too; too many trials for one fox to handle!! Dx

(Ew, apparently I have to kill 200 Phaubos on the CHR path...)
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-25 23:48:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno Ninetales, that DEX/acc sword looks pretty sweet. Highest acc on a sword I know of is 5 from Perdu or Erlking's, so 12 is pretty nice. Especially with so much new content, it wouldn't hurt having a little extra acc right now to make sure you get the most out of your spells on new mobs and such.
 Unicorn.Ninetales
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-06-25 23:50:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
I dunno Ninetales, that DEX/acc sword looks pretty sweet. Highest acc on a sword I know of is 5 from Perdu or Erlking's, so 12 is pretty nice. Especially with so much new content, it wouldn't hurt having a little extra acc right now to make sure you get the most out of your spells on new mobs and such.

Shiva's Shotel is +8 but haha Shiva's Shotel. DEX+6/Accuracy+10 on the Shamshir bumps that up to 13 acc. And I've seen Erlking's around with +6 acc.

Now if I do decide to make another sword for BLU, I'm torn between STR/Attack and Antea. I'm not completely sold on Antea still, but... OA2-3 times is a little more convincing...
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-25 23:58:34
Link | Quote | Reply

If the stats in the OP are correct, it's DEX+6 acc+12, which is 15 total acc, even if you are one of the 2 or 3 people to ever get Shiva's Shotel, that's an epic improvement.
 Ragnarok.Vitaru
Server: Ragnarok
user: Vite
By Ragnarok.Vitaru 2010-06-26 00:15:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone has more info about Almace trials?
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-26 00:27:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think that set of weapons has actually been confirmed as being TotM has it?
 Caitsith.Jar
By Caitsith.Jar 2010-06-26 00:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

best DoT for blu is x2 STR +6 swords cus blu dot sucks in itself (i parse in dyna and einherjar and abysea at about 20~25% total dmg being melee) soo spell mods are better and STR hits that nice~ I just personaly have a nice vorpial blade set than use in Partys because i dont have the MP gain i do endgame in partys and i dont really see the hype on antea anyway hard as hell to get to boost overall dmg by hardly anything..
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-26 00:39:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Vitaru said:
Anyone has more info about Almace trials?
Pretty sure it's the final stage of max dmg one. You can always go the trial moogle and go down the paths even if you don't even have any weapons.
 Caitsith.Katas
user: Katas
By Caitsith.Katas 2010-06-26 00:57:17
Link | Quote | Reply

JP friend of mine is doing Almace only for the sake of what he thinks could be the next level, however STR sword all the way, and if acc issue DEX sword all the way in combo with Koggel. Still want to see testing on the Tyrfing when someone gets.
 Unicorn.Ninetales
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-06-26 07:26:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Katas said:
JP friend of mine is doing Almace only for the sake of what he thinks could be the next level, however STR sword all the way, and if acc issue DEX sword all the way in combo with Koggel. Still want to see testing on the Tyrfing when someone gets.
Koggel is going the way of the dinosaur very quickly. 48 DMG from 43 DMG is a pretty big jump.
 Caitsith.Katas
user: Katas
By Caitsith.Katas 2010-06-26 14:39:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless its the next update and the new paths are done, I will continue to stick with the modifiers till EMP sword or the Hofudv2 is out and tested.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-26 14:45:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't say I understand the logic behind doing so. I finally got a Koggel less than two months ago and I intend to replace it as soon as possible.
First Page 2 3