Easiest Mage Job To Level?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Easiest Mage Job to level?
Easiest Mage Job to level?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Asura.Bostech
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Bostech
By Asura.Bostech 2010-05-29 22:42:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Allow me to interject for a moment. SCH is, in my opinion, the only job that requires spellcast in order to play it efficiently. I actually manually type out my spells (Using aliases of course. //thunder4 instead of /ma "Thunder IV" <t>), and it sort of streamlines everything. Of course Spellcast equips the right gear and everything (Even equips correct Obis depending on whether or not you have your weather up, and equips Uggalepih Pendant at the right times, etc), there's no reason not to use it, aside from unwillingness to learn.

It doesn't require spellcast. Is it easier? Probably. But I've been playing on xbox for a long time now without it and I play just as efficient and most of the time more so than others. You just have to pay a little more attention and have quick hands.
 Leviathan.Dubont
Server: Leviathan
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-29 22:57:05
Link | Quote | Reply

if you want an "easy" job to level...play something that isn't needed or that there is a lot of like...Sam...don't level a mage job if you want it easy b/c I personally hate ppl that level jobs b/c its "easy" and end up *** it up b/c its "easy." It is only "easy" if you aren't doing it right.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-05-29 23:42:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Easiest =/= easy.

Just out of the selection, which one would be the least difficult. Healing honestly isn't hard.
 Fairy.Specopsz
Server: Fairy
user: Specopsz
By Fairy.Specopsz 2010-05-30 00:16:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dubont said:
if you want an "easy" job to level...play something that isn't needed or that there is a lot of like...Sam...don't level a mage job if you want it easy b/c I personally hate ppl that level jobs b/c its "easy" and end up *** it up b/c its "easy." It is only "easy" if you aren't doing it right.

qft.
/thread.
 Phoenix.Degs
Server: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-05-30 00:21:59
Link | Quote | Reply

ATM id say that WHM and RDM would be easy to lvl strictly on their ability to get pt invites easily, however that being said, they are difficult to level in the sense that you have to be on guard and be very active in pts, unlike alot of jobs you simply cannot walk away from the game for a moment, if you do people die! lol...

SMN and BLM are in my opinion second to being the easiest jobs to level, but alot of times, mid level range that you will have problems getting pts, simply because the abilities that RDMS get forcing SMNs not to actively cure as much in pts, and for BLMs because mid levels, BLMs are useless with bird camps. they are though probably the easiest to work with in a pt setup because you basically sit back, and nuke, or command your summon(in smn's case) to nuke/attack.

BRDs will always get invites, so will CORs, if you consider them into the mage job equation. but again you have to be very active in the pt.

SCH I have to say by far is the most fun to play! it is also going to be the easiest job in with WHM and RDM to get pt invites. For SCH not only can you cure but you can nuke, filling both roles will simply give you more opportunities into a pt setup 1-75.
 Sylph.Spency
Server: Sylph
user: Spencyono
By Sylph.Spency 2010-05-30 00:26:03
Link | Quote | Reply

/sigh

RDM or BRD

BRD is easiest unless you're a stickler for what actually defines a 'mage' job

If you're one of those sticklers, then choose RDM

My definition of easy is based on demand/party invites

Phoenix.Degs
Server: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-05-30 00:26:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Easiest =/= easy.

Just out of the selection, which one would be the least difficult. Healing honestly isn't hard.

Yea its not hard at all, however some people simply cannot be that active in their game play, for whatever reason, and thusly shouldn't be behind the healing!

I dont do alot of healing for pts or pt in general really, (a bit lower lvl mid lvl but nothing more than that) simply because my wife works, and when i have the kids i cannot commit to a pt at all.. that is where campaign and solo'ing make everything great about this game, xp with no commitment

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Oddin
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-05-30 00:59:56
Link | Quote | Reply

What do you mean by easiest per say? If you're talking party invites, you'll find BRD, RDM, WHM and SMN are fairly even as far as invites. Just depends on the competition for your level range. BLM doesn't get party invites after a certain point so you'll be soloing on that a lot which in itself is fairly easy really. Don't have to worry about invites. Just go and xp when ever you feel like it. SMN is easy as hell for Astral burn parties but not so much on normal xp parties. You'll maybe get lucky with invites here and there but nowadays its all about the Astral burns. SCH will get invites about as often as RDM and WHM but as you get to the merit levels, it might be a bit more difficult.

As far as playing the jobs, BRD is the easiest by far. 4 songs, pull and maybe a cure or two if you're /WHM. RDM and WHM are about even. RDM a little harder due to the fact you have to maintain a refresh order along with a haste order once you have those spells. SCH is basically WHM in a party and is about the same as WHM. Toss out some -ga buffs and cure. Easy enough. BLM is a fairly simple job to play. Nuke until the mob is dead. SMN is a bit like SCH in the sense of curing + buffgas but also has the advantage of throwing some cheap hateless damage in as well.
 Ragnarok.Vitaru
Server: Ragnarok
user: Vite
By Ragnarok.Vitaru 2010-05-31 11:33:11
Link | Quote | Reply

IDK if u consider brd mage, but it took me about 3 weeks from 1-75 and that's pre ToAH, now with sync and all the new stuff should take 2 weeks or something, but fastest mage to get pt from pure mage jobs is RDM, then SCH.
 Cerberus.Savannah
Server: Cerberus
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2010-05-31 11:38:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
I've yet to see a WHM in merit party, guess who always gets stuck healing?

Guess it depends on the WHM and the party leader >.>

I can get invites for merit parties more often than not if I put up my flag. I honestly prefer WHM/SCH mamool merit parties though~
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-31 11:42:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
It goes like this:
RDM = Hard mode
BRD = Medium mode
BLM = Easy mode
SMN = Burn mode
SCH = emo mode
Up to you to decide which one best fits your style.
Lol pretty much
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-31 11:42:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Cor...apparently its a mage job now...so yea -.- hop on the bandwagon and level cor/whm all the way to 75 with gimped everything skillz
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-05-31 11:50:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Outside of soloing on Rdm, I don't see how the job is hard. In exp parties, you just Heal and Refresh. Endgame is the exact same thing, just more Refresh and Haste.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-05-31 11:50:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I solo my blm from 20~75, wasnt really hard. took some time though, but with WoTG there's alot more pet camps.

Rdm wasnt really hard either, just extremely monotone, refresh, hste, refresh haste /eyestab

I really loved leveling brd though, even pre level sync and all it took no time to get to 75

off topic, is BLU consider mage job in this discussion? Not that mine is lv'd but those who have leveled it all pretty much say they love the job.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-05-31 11:56:05
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a mage job but it doesn't really fit what is known as a 'mage.'

When someone says "we need a mage" when creating a party, it generally means 'healer.' No one wants more MP jobs outside of the healer(s) because that means more downtime.
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-05-31 12:05:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Nobody even considers BLU a mage job? :( <3 BLU!
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-31 12:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

It's certainly not the easiest to level! And it's more of a hybrid.
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-31 12:10:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dameshi said:
Nobody even considers BLU a mage job? :( <3 BLU!
to me, anything that has initial mp (without merits/subs/gear) is a mage, but there are 2 types of mages. Casters (smn blm whm sch, Sometimes rdm) and then there are Combat Mages (Drk, Pld, Blu, SOMETIMES Rdm) so yea...blue is a mage to me...
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-31 12:17:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Outside of soloing on Rdm, I don't see how the job is hard. In exp parties, you just Heal and Refresh. Endgame is the exact same thing, just more Refresh and Haste.
If that's all your rdm is doing he sucks. But look at it this way how much are the other mages doing? That's right alot less
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-05-31 12:38:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
If that's all your rdm is doing he sucks.

That's my question.
What else is it supposed to do? Lolnuke?
Sleeping anything unwanted of course, but that should be understood.
Server: Hades
user: Silas1222
By Hades.Boondocksaints 2010-05-31 13:05:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Still dont know whats so hard about this debate?!!???!!

Blm- Hard as hell to level- only manaburns, smn burns or solo

RDM- Cure, haste, refresh, enfeeble,, nuke

Whm- Buff once every 30 min, cure, haste......

no brainer
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-05-31 13:16:30
Link | Quote | Reply

In terms of invites, Rdm wins.
I still don't consider Brd a mage since there's usually a healer still in the party along with a Brd.
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-31 13:23:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally think BLMs should solo/duo at least from 70-75 so that hopefully by the time you get to endgame with it, you will know how to use it....

but in terms of which will level fastest, probably rdm...
 Sylph.Kuwoobie
user: Kuwoobie
By Sylph.Kuwoobie 2010-05-31 13:23:45
Link | Quote | Reply

BLM really isn't hard to level at all if you know where to solo at(and how to solo).

In most cases the exp you will get is vastly superior to that of a 6 man party, and the good part is, you don't have to wait for a party to assemble, ever. You don't have to wait on anyone who is afk, you don't have wait for someone to come back from being d/c'd.

Best of all, you can log out or go afk any time you damn well please, then come back and get another 10-20k exp per hour.

If anything, BLM is probably the 2nd easiest job there is to level to 75.

Note: The only real challenge is dealing with other black mages, and occasionally blue mages competing for camp spaces, but even this isn't much of a big deal considering there are so many choices now, more than ever.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-31 13:24:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Boondocksaints said:
Still dont know whats so hard about this debate?!!???!!

Blm- Hard as hell to level- only manaburns, smn burns or solo

RDM- Cure, haste, refresh, enfeeble,, nuke

Whm- Buff once every 30 min, cure, haste......

no brainer
Solo BLM is really, really easy; aside from that nasty stretch around level 45 it's also about as fast as an average to just below average party. Has the additional advantage of not needing to lfp.

RDM nukes in EXP?
 Valefor.Argettio
Server: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-05-31 13:25:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends what you mean by easiest.

RDM will get the best invite rate up to and including merits
WHM will get a good invite rate up to 75

But as RDM and WHM you will have to put up with some desperately bad parties and a lot of tells, people moaning at you for all kinds of stuff (normally they die cos they are and idiot and then blame you).

BLM you can level any time as you will be solo. EXP is easy mode when you are mid to top level for a camp, but damn stressful and hard work when you just move camps (a resist often means instant death until you are near 75).

SMN will exp very fast although isn't great at 75 (but that's not what the OP asked).

SCH will get a decent invite rate until 40-50 range but then it might dry up as SCH doen't get haste, which is the main role for a mage in higher level exp parties RDM or WHM may get better invites at that point.

BRD great invites through out but you get very busy at high levels if you are doing it right. Pulling, buff DD, buff mage, Pull more.

I would say RDM imo is easiest as long as you get half decent parties then it will go pretty easily. But bad parties will make you want to delete your account.
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-31 13:26:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kuwoobie said:

Note: The only real challenge is dealing with other black mages, and occasionally blue mages competing for camp spaces, but even this isn't much of a big deal considering there are so many choices now, more than ever.
when I was leveling blm, and another blu/blm/w.e was trying to solo in that area, I would ask them if they wanted to team up..9/10, they did and it went very smoothly. No arguing about camps, no trying to out claim and still fun to boot
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-31 13:26:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
In terms of invites, Rdm wins.
I still don't consider Brd a mage since there's usually a healer still in the party along with a Brd.
How does the presence of another job define BRD as a mage or no? I don't think it's a mage, but that doesn't make sense.
 Sylph.Spency
user: Spencyono
By Sylph.Spency 2010-05-31 13:29:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I totally forgot about Astral burns >.< SMN is easiest! Even if you screw up, I'm sure the experience for the 5 minutes you have to pay attention is better than you can get anywhere else.