Really Drgs?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Really Drgs?
Really Drgs?
First Page 2 3 4 ... 9 10 11
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-25 04:17:31
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Valefor.Ryukuro
Server: Valefor
user: Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2010-05-25 04:17:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it best to Drakesbane in Aurum Cuisses or Askar Dirs, if you had to choose one or the other? and also if ACC is a lil low it best to use DEX or STR ring?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-25 04:18:49
Link | Quote | Reply

You going for dex build to cap crits?
 Valefor.Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2010-05-25 04:19:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Vincentius said:
Valefor.Ryukuro said:
Fairy.Victoire said:
I love when elitests make posts about how bad other peoples' gear is. Not everyone has their entire life to devote to a video game and if you don't like the way someone is geared don't play with them. Honestly, you probably only posted this to make yourself feel good about yourself.

Get use to it buddy, Most people on these forums are just like that ^^

Waah waah waah.

Stop defending mediocrity.

lol you again, hi2youasshole!
 Valefor.Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2010-05-25 04:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
You going for dex build to cap crits?

Honestly just after what would be most efficient, and yeah I use Drakesbane mainly, don't usually use Penta.
 Seraph.Ryden
Server: Seraph
user: Ryden
By Seraph.Ryden 2010-05-25 04:22:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Ryukuro said:
Is it best to Drakesbane in Aurum Cuisses or Askar Dirs, if you had to choose one or the other? and also if ACC is a lil low it best to use DEX or STR ring?

I think the askar v aurum debate is basically if the dex off askar pushes your crit tier up for drakes (pretty sure anyway) then use those. If your not gonna hit that tier then your probably better with aurum, the attack down isn't really noticeable and the str & acc are nice. And I think the acc/dex ring over a str ring issue is along with the crit tier? If the dex'll up your crit to a new level and give you substantial acc then use it; otherwise probably better with a woodsman/sniper if you need straight acc. It's 4:30 am :/ I don't feel like playing with math and conversion rates.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-25 04:22:31
Link | Quote | Reply

It really depends on the rest of your gear as to which would be more efficient. I can't tell you which is better just based on those two pieces. If you're in the dex sweet spot range, Askar is going to win hands down, but if you're not then, we may have another story.
 Sylph.Vincentius
By Sylph.Vincentius 2010-05-25 04:25:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Ryukuro said:
Sylph.Vincentius said:
Valefor.Ryukuro said:
Fairy.Victoire said:
I love when elitests make posts about how bad other peoples' gear is. Not everyone has their entire life to devote to a video game and if you don't like the way someone is geared don't play with them. Honestly, you probably only posted this to make yourself feel good about yourself.

Waah waah waah.

Stop defending mediocrity.

lol you again, hi2youasshole!

O hay thur mediocrefag!

And yeah, your Drakesbane build REALLY depends on if you're aiming to hit dDEX cap or not. If you don't have the appropriate DEX gear to hit 117 on Greater Colibri (Higher on harder mobs) then don't bother. ACC/STR/ATT all the way.
[+]
 Valefor.Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2010-05-25 04:32:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, i know i can't hit that with my current gear, I don't have a Cuch (lotted 52 on last Splitting Heirs run nice huh >.<) or Zahaks Mail so i guess stick to Aurum Pants... With feet slot what is better for Drakes, Rutters or Aurum Boots (considering i don't reach dDEX cap).
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2010-05-25 04:35:44
Link | Quote | Reply

you really will need to post your set up to give any clear answers. It all depends on teh set not the individual gear.
 Sylph.Vincentius
By Sylph.Vincentius 2010-05-25 04:36:46
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're at capped ACC or close, I'd say Rutters. Otherwise Aurum.
Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn said:
you really will need to post your set up to give any clear answers. It all depends on teh set not the individual gear.

Actually, this. lol
 Seraph.Ryden
By Seraph.Ryden 2010-05-25 04:37:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Ryukuro said:
Well, i know i can't hit that with my current gear, I don't have a Cuch (lotted 52 on last Splitting Heirs run nice huh >.<) or Zahaks Mail so i guess stick to Aurum Pants... With feet slot what is better for Drakes, Rutters or Aurum Boots (considering i don't reach dDEX cap).

If you need the extra acc boost then Aurum; if your acc is in the sweet range go with Rutters? I used Aurum for a long time; picked up rutters for my cannonball build for blu and figured I'd use them for drg too. :/ otherwise not sure I'd of bothered (fight was stupid easy it was just farming the damn tank lol)
 Seraph.Rafik
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-05-25 04:40:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Ryden said:
Valefor.Ryukuro said:

If you need the extra acc boost then Aurum; if your acc is in the sweet range go with Rutters? I used Aurum for a long time; picked up rutters for my cannonball build for blu and figured I'd use them for drg too. :/ otherwise not sure I'd of bothered (fight was stupid easy it was just farming the damn tank lol)

so where were you today... no show for limbus <.< did temenoes got lol blm+1 af drop.
 Seraph.Ryden
By Seraph.Ryden 2010-05-25 04:42:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I had a bad day Kinda figured if mike needed me to come he'd of sent me a /t lol so I went and watched a movie. Least I did something a bit more productive than waiting for an hour after start for someone to "Ok guys we'll be leaving in 20"
 Valefor.Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2010-05-25 04:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

TP

Drakes

Open to suggestions ^^

Edit: Use Turban most of the time ^^ Just have Ace's there for when i need the ACC.
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-05-25 04:43:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Ryden said:
I had a bad day Kinda figured if mike needed me to come he'd of sent me a /t lol so I went and watched a movie. Least I did something a bit more productive than waiting for an hour after start for someone to "Ok guys we'll be leaving in 20"

yeah someone went and did nyzul run and we were all waiting for him.... /wrist
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-05-25 04:47:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Askar hands. Why use those over Dusk?
 Seraph.Ryden
By Seraph.Ryden 2010-05-25 04:48:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Rafik said:
Seraph.Ryden said:

yeah someone went and did nyzul run and we were all waiting for him.... /wrist

It's gotten bad ever since the server merger I think. (Was bad before we merged, it's just gotten really worse.) If it wasn't for the fact I've 30 some points I'd just find a new shell really :/ I don't like this gather time at 11 start at like 1:30 am. Had a talk with him about it before but you see where that got us. And besides it's Temenos like I wanna go do ultima so we can wipe at 5% again like the last 2 times /headwall

Anway @ Valefor.Ryukuro

Apart from what you already said is wrong on your item set comments I don't see anything? Maybe spend your asa legs on haste+3% / acc+7 for tp'ing if you don't see anything worthwhile for your other jobs.

edit:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
With how cheap dusk gloves are now I really don't know lol.
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-05-25 04:51:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ryden, we start early next week. Monday gather time is 9pm pacific and enter is 9:30.
 Seraph.Ryden
By Seraph.Ryden 2010-05-25 04:53:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Rafik said:
Ryden, we start early next week. Monday gather time is 9pm pacific and enter is 9:30.

Thanks for the heads up. I guess I'll see it when it happens (We might start on "time" for the first week or two then we'll be back to the ultra late starts I bet.) Oh well guess I'll see ya then, think I'm gonna try to get some sleep before the birds start singing
 Ragnarok.Flippant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2010-05-25 05:09:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Ryukuro said:
Fairy.Victoire said:

To be honest, I don't mind how bad someone's gear is as long as they are aware what their goal should be. If no one tells them what's better than what they're using, and they're too indifferent to find out themselves (in which case they wouldn't be TPing in flame rings), then they'll never learn.

And my advice is never unreasonable or what I'd call "elitist," like go buy Sniper Ring +1 and Peacock Charm. Sniper Ring and Chiv Chain are fine with me.

I don't think I tell people their gear sucks so I can feel better about myself. Personally, I tell them because I want them to realize how they can better themselves, especially when it can also help better the linkshell they're in. Them being able to take what I say and somehow improve themselves, and consequently help the LS improve as a whole, is what makes me feel better about myself.

What irks me aren't the people that can't afford gear or the people who don't realize what would be better to use or the people who don't know that they should have different equip for TP and WS--what bothers me are the people who don't care.

Maybe you think it's none of my business, but I wish I had someone to punch me in the face when I was WHM/THF in Yhoator Jungle.
[+]
 Valefor.Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2010-05-25 05:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:

No reason except for the DEX+5, without any Homam i just assumed that 5 DEX > 1% Haste? Guessing not, should i go buy a pair and slap em on now? xD
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-05-25 05:26:07
Link | Quote | Reply

1% haste.
 Sylph.Vincentius
By Sylph.Vincentius 2010-05-25 05:42:50
Link | Quote | Reply

With your ACC in WS, I'd be inclined to use Askar over Aurum. That's just my personal view though.
 Shiva.Xet
Server: Shiva
user: Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2010-05-25 06:13:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Vincentius said:
With your ACC in WS, I'd be inclined to use Askar over Aurum. That's just my personal view though.

maybe!

I cant do math from just gear so how much do you drakes for on birds. Your gear is a str build and if you swapping aurum > askar may as well swap in more dex as well. Your build is heavily str dominant. Numbers will probs show the way but i dont think 4 dex will do "much" here.

I think i sit at 105 dex and over 100+ str i forget exact as a taru. I know with cuch/PA with 2dex+/nhead/delta/food ill break 117 easy, and thats what im working on. i do well at birds np at all but imho you have a str focus or a dex focus and the above build screams STR unless you wish to really change a substantial amount of gear.
 Shiva.Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2010-05-25 06:16:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I still think the people that dont gear for jumps are the devil tho.
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-05-25 06:19:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I use my WS gear and Barone Pants/AF Feet for jumps ⌐ ⌐

Also, needs more Fenrir Earring for Daytime! Attack+10 > Attack+7!
 Asura.Braego
Server: Asura
user: Braego
By Asura.Braego 2010-05-25 06:26:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
There's ***like that for all jobs

THIS^^
 Shiva.Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2010-05-25 06:27:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said:

Also, needs more Fenrir Earring for Daytime! Attack 10 > Attack 7!

I like the new Aesir Earring but yeah, you are probably right.
 Valefor.Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2010-05-25 07:55:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said:

Also, needs more Fenrir Earring for Daytime! Attack 10 > Attack 7!
Yeah i have a whole Jump macro button to switch in 6 pieces just for Jump lol
First Page 2 3 4 ... 9 10 11