Really Drgs?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Really Drgs?
Really Drgs?
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 11
 Shiva.Darkshade
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-05-25 07:59:06
Link | Quote | Reply

TP

Penta/Drakes

Wheeling Thrust

Jumps

ASA Legs: Haste + 3, Dbl. Atk. + 2

Aiming for a few more pieces of Homam down the road. Might pick up a Blitz. Not going to touch Trial of the Magians until I see what 99 offers. Really love my skystrider+supremacy earring combo. Need better WS legs. +9 TP on Jumps.
[+]
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2010-05-25 08:44:41
Link | Quote | Reply

My sets are...

TP:

Missing a Blitz Ring, working on it.

Drakesbane:

ASA Helm: WS Acc+15 STR+4 WS Damage+2% AGI+4

Jump:

I use the Drake Ring because I'm usually bleeding everywhere... Dont use it when I'm not bleeding out though.

Healing Breath:

Yeah... as good as it gets... dunno why I said it.

HP Set:

My HP set for HB cheating!

EDIT: Oh right, Fay Lance has DMG +5 DEX +3 And some shitty wyvern stat like MAB I think...
By taterlog 2010-05-25 09:02:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I am still kind of a noob. I have my DRG to 74 now hopefully I can get it to 75 this weekend if I get time. I do not have a lot of time to play so doing endgame events is pretty much out of the question for now.

I need help picking out good armor and weapons for tp and ws. I also need something that isnt rar/ex or too expensive. Once I figure out how to upload my equipment i will do it.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-25 09:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Limbus and Einherjar would be 2 events you could do with limited time.
 Caitsith.Linear
Server: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-05-25 10:50:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone was dissing Askar Manopolas on the previous page.

If you're getting use from all the ACC, it beats Dusk until around.. I think it was 30% Haste? Might be lower. But that's before accounting for movement speed down, or accidentally hitting in your WS gear because you swap gear to run. At least for DRG anyway cause of Hecatomb.

Hitting with Slow+9%(hands and feet) is going to be worse for your overall damage than TPing with 1% less haste, but with +3-4 ACC in the trade off..
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2010-05-25 16:46:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Darkshade said:
TP

Penta/Drakes

Wheeling Thrust

Jumps

ASA Legs: Haste 3, Dbl. Atk. 2

Aiming for a few more pieces of Homam down the road. Might pick up a Blitz. Not going to touch Trial of the Magians until I see what 99 offers. Really love my skystrider supremacy earring combo. Need better WS legs. 9 TP on Jumps.

should really change the pants for 3hhaste 7acc
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-25 16:55:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Darkshade said:
TP

Why DA on the legs?

Penta/Drakes

Askar/Aurum legs would serve this set well. Also, you've got Claymore Grip lying around in there still for some reason when I follow the link.

Wheeling Thrust

Forager's

Jumps

Ditch the Barone, you don't need it. Askar body for increased WS frequency and Askar/Aurum legs

Again, why DA?

Aiming for a few more pieces of Homam down the road. Might pick up a Blitz. Not going to touch Trial of the Magians until I see what 99 offers. Really love my skystrider supremacy earring combo. Need better WS legs. 9 TP on Jumps.
 Shiva.Darkshade
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-05-25 19:44:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Shiva.Darkshade said:
TP

Why DA on the legs?

Penta/Drakes

Askar/Aurum legs would serve this set well. Also, you've got Claymore Grip lying around in there still for some reason when I follow the link.

Wheeling Thrust

Forager's

Jumps

Ditch the Barone, you don't need it. Askar body for increased WS frequency and Askar/Aurum legs

Again, why DA?

Because I felt in most situations with the Cuch., Toreador's and JT that I was near/at acc cap, and if I wasn't I was eating Pizza/Sole Sushi anyway. I probably won't change it until I get Homam Legs. And ditch the TP+4 on jumps? My Jump Timers are fully merited, I've always been very fond of +9 TP on jumps.

Oh right I guess I'll mention my merits. STR, Crit, and Polearm capped. Jump and High Jump capped. 1 Deep Breathing, 5 Angon, 3 Empathy, and 1 Strafe.

Again thanks for the suggestions, though I've grown very comfortable with that Jump TP. `-`
 Sylph.Vincentius
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Vincentius 2010-05-25 19:49:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Darkshade said:
Because I felt in most situations with the Cuch., Toreador's and JT that I was near/at acc cap, and if I wasn't I was eating Pizza/Sole Sushi anyway.

Don't use that word. Eyeballing is bad.
 Shiva.Darkshade
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-05-25 19:52:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Vincentius said:
Shiva.Darkshade said:
Because I felt in most situations with the Cuch., Toreador's and JT that I was near/at acc cap, and if I wasn't I was eating Pizza/Sole Sushi anyway.

Don't use that word. Eyeballing is bad.
Yeah I just recently got Kparser unless there's another better one someone recommends, just haven't done anything serious on DRG in a minute. I'll be sure to test it and see whats up, if I remember I'll post the info back in this thread.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-25 19:57:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Darkshade said:
Because I felt in most situations with the Cuch., Toreador's and JT that I was near/at acc cap, and if I wasn't I was eating Pizza/Sole Sushi anyway. I probably won't change it until I get Homam Legs. And ditch the TP 4 on jumps? My Jump Timers are fully merited, I've always been very fond of 9 TP on jumps.

Oh right I guess I'll mention my merits. STR, Crit, and Polearm capped. Jump and High Jump capped. 1 Deep Breathing, 5 Angon, 3 Empathy, and 1 Strafe.

Again thanks for the suggestions, though I've grown very comfortable with that Jump TP. `-`
ACC/Haste would give you more accuracy, which in turn would let you swap in Blitz Ring if you're comfortable with your hitrate. If you're good even after that, well... just be happy with it, lol.

You don't need the extra TP to maintain your 6hit, so yeah you're better off using other options.
 Fenrir.Vausabant
user: Vausabant
By Fenrir.Vausabant 2010-05-25 20:27:41
Link | Quote | Reply

100% agree that double attack/ haste 3 is the way to go. Drg gets acc bonus 2, if you fully merit pole the acc is crazy. I usually run 91%+ acc on birds no hunters or madrigal or food. Drg gets a decent amount of dbl attack i run 11% dbl + 17% haste and usually am top parse every bird pt.

yes i know lol bibiki seashell havent tried to replace yet lol
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-25 20:41:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried? Lol you don't have to try. Not a hard piece to replace especially when you do the same dmg tp'ing in it and when you're wearing nothing at all
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-25 20:44:50
Link | Quote | Reply

@Vausabant Acc bonus 2 doesn't mean you don't need any accuracy at all. Making ASA pants with accuracy instead of double attack means you can (potentially) switch out a ring or body for something with haste instead.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-25 20:47:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Acc Bonus II means very little given that we usually TP in bodies with little or no acc. Also, you're using Ulthalam's instead of Blitz.
 Remora.Laphine
Server: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2010-05-25 20:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

and lolaskarhead~
[+]
 Odin.Lowblow
Server: Odin
user: sKe7ch
By Odin.Lowblow 2010-05-25 20:54:57
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL ok i didnt read every page.

But this Jimie claiming you have never been outparsed when your WS set is that silly?

If it was a penta build it would be somewhat...... acceptable? But still a bold claim. You must merit with piss poor usu sams and ebody wars.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-25 20:55:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Laphine said:
and lolaskarhead~
Damn, didn't even see that. Should stop splitting my attention so much.
 Odin.Lowblow
By Odin.Lowblow 2010-05-25 20:56:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ninja Edit ~ wee
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-25 20:59:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Lowblow said:
Ninja Edit ~ wee
It's not a Ninja edit if you let everyone know you did it
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-25 20:59:23
Link | Quote | Reply

You posted too fast D:

EDIT: Oh ffs, another one.
[+]
 Odin.Lowblow
By Odin.Lowblow 2010-05-25 21:09:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I never said i was a good ninja :P
 Sylph.Vincentius
By Sylph.Vincentius 2010-05-25 21:52:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Vausabant said:
100% agree that double attack/ haste 3 is the way to go.

And I 100% believe that you're wrong.
[+]
 Unicorn.Jewkitten
Server: Unicorn
user: Jewkitten
By Unicorn.Jewkitten 2010-05-25 21:58:52
Link | Quote | Reply

loldrg

/endthread
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-25 21:59:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Jewkitten said:
loldrg

/endthread
You have bst and blu, no room to speak
[+]
 Fenrir.Vausabant
By Fenrir.Vausabant 2010-05-25 22:39:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Laphine said:
and lolaskarhead~

ill sacrafice my 1 haste for some acc and attack cause even with blitz ring and turban 19% not the 20% where a big difference happens, like i have said still to this day i havent been beaten at bird pt, a well geared pole sam did give me a run for my money but hasnt. If it aint broke dont fix?
[+]
 Valefor.Ryukuro
Server: Valefor
user: Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2010-05-25 22:40:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Unicorn.Jewkitten said:
loldrg

/endthread
You have bst and blu, no room to speak
burned!
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-25 22:52:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
ill sacrafice my 1 haste for some acc and attack cause even with blitz ring and turban 19% not the 20% where a big difference happens, like i have said still to this day i havent been beaten at bird pt, a well geared pole sam did give me a run for my money but hasnt. If it aint broke dont fix?

Dumb attitude. I haven't been out parsed so there's 0 room for improvement!
 Caitsith.Linear
Server: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-05-25 22:56:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote is failing...

@Vincentius: Marinara Pizza. You know, that stuff used to justify Walahra over Ace's.

And before you pull the "Talking about merit party" card... There's more to the game than meriting.

Feels odd using the arguments that have been used against me.
 Fenrir.Vausabant
By Fenrir.Vausabant 2010-05-25 23:02:33
Link | Quote | Reply

ok yes i said that a little wrong, id love to get an ace's helm not joining another hnm shell, id love a heca cap, not joining another hnm shell and ein shell sadly broke. I'm happy with what i have, it works. and still if u merited pole dbl att/haste is win, now if i had valkys 14% dbl attack lol
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 11