Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » greatsword Naglering V. albion
greatsword Naglering V. albion
 Valefor.Argettio
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-05-20 07:25:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Your Scythe set is pretty good considering your not 75.

* Heca or AF+1 would be nice additions when you get them (or are high enough to ware them).
* Brutal obviously when reach 75.
* Bomb core (or bomblet) are both better than RSE.
* HQ Hauby is a nice addition
* Look at a 501 scythe (perdu or moli)

Other than that you need to finish of your merits and make sure you eat attack food or pizza (depending on mob).

With the 'right' exp buffs your guillotine will average better than spinning slash.

And /SAM where possible.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-20 07:26:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Jar said:
@ gennss lol
47 acc isnt enough acc? <.< not alot more i can stack at 73 other than o hat but thats pointless when i cap acc already with my 7 scythe merits from blm75 other than that cmnt ntohing i havnt heard before
Depends on what you fighting and eating. With 7 merits your scythe skill should be 280 at 73. If hume your dex should be 66. You haver another 8 in your ws set. If you are fighting greater colibri which you could be doing at that lvl you would need 80 acc from gear/food/ja/buffs to cap. Which would cap you with your 47 with pizza or crab sushi but obviously not meat
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-20 07:30:43
Link | Quote | Reply

He's Elvaan.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-05-20 07:31:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
He's Elvaan.

Just makes the point that +47 isnt enough even more clear :P
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-20 07:31:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh and I know you are a couple lvls away but yeah Ultimatum is pretty sexy. Has even more dmg then mythic after you trial it lol.

[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-20 07:33:16
Link | Quote | Reply

He's Elvaan.
Then needs another 2 more acc
 Caitsith.Jar
Server: Caitsith
user: Jar
By Caitsith.Jar 2010-05-20 07:36:52
Link | Quote | Reply

o/

im not hitting greater colibri
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-05-20 07:39:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Jar said:
o/

im not hitting greater colibri

No, but your gear gets gimped down when you sync down ;)
So you prolly arent capping acc on that either:P

Allso, Greater colibri are RDMs, so they have very low evasion\agi compared to alot of other stuff. Read: Mamool thfs and ***!
 Caitsith.Jar
By Caitsith.Jar 2010-05-20 07:40:30
Link | Quote | Reply

not doing colibri till champions gal with +25 acc at 75 and yeah i can calculate acc... great how this turned into nothing too do with the main point lol... <_<
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-05-20 07:41:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Jar said:
not doing colibri till champions gal with 25 acc at 75 and yeah i can calculate acc... great how this turned into nothing too do with the main point lol... <_<

Isnt every thread on here like that? lol
 Caitsith.Jar
By Caitsith.Jar 2010-05-20 07:44:21
Link | Quote | Reply

more or less glad ima not really deal with scythe much longer hate how they look just lvled DRK for zerg and maybe drk/thf on some stuff when i get bored of blu cus everything scythe would come in handy for my blu would wipe the floor with my DRK xD
 Caitsith.Surreal
user: Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2010-05-20 07:45:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Jar said:
more or less glad ima not really deal with scythe much longer hate how they look just lvled DRK for zerg and maybe drk/thf on some stuff when i get bored of blu cus everything scythe would come in handy for my blu would wipe the floor with my DRK xD

/poke Jar
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-20 07:49:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Jar said:

BLU is not a DD etc.

Inb4 Draylo.
 Caitsith.Jar
By Caitsith.Jar 2010-05-20 07:51:10
Link | Quote | Reply

lol id disagree
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-05-20 07:54:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Jar said:
lol id disagree

Once you run outa mp you'r pretty useless tho, on BLU.

A good DRK\SAM is one of the best DDs out there, dont even think you can do better on a lolblu than with your DRK:P
 Caitsith.Jar
By Caitsith.Jar 2010-05-20 07:57:54
Link | Quote | Reply

can and will all day~
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-20 07:58:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Caitsith.Jar said:
lol id disagree
I hate this logic. I mean if you run out of mp on any mage you are pretty useless. If you run out of hp on any job you are useless. Really though you shouldn't be running out of mp in a pt situation on blu unless you are litterally spamming your spells. Or you get max mp down orz. And really against birds disservement is by far the best spell to use anyways
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-05-20 08:00:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Caitsith.Jar said:
lol id disagree
I hate this logic. I mean if you run out of mp on any mage you are pretty useless. If you run out of hp on any job you are useless. Really though you shouldn't be running out of mp in a pt situation on blu unless you are litterally spamming your spells. Or you get max mp down orz. And really against birds disservement is by far the best spell to use anyways

Yeah I know, but to keep up with a DRK\SAM or whatever you'd have to spam spells alot, and probably would run out of mp trying to do this.

Edit: Not saying BLU sucks, just saying it wont keep up with a heavy DD in a normal partysituation.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-20 08:06:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe I don't merit alot. People also kinda underestimate blus meleeing too.

I look at it this way. Even without CA as a taru I can break 1k disservements without difficulty on blu/nin. Not to mention the 18/tic poison and if I am using CA I might be skillchaining. With just refresh from a rdm and of course gear/sacntion/job trait I can get the mp for that in 39. Of course birds have mp so chances are I'm stealing that with 2 different aspir spells.

Kinda depends on the outside buffs you have available. Blus don't really need the haste as much as other DDs so if you don't have brd plus haste it's like meh.

Of course if I wanted to be like the heavy DDs and ignore safety I could actually use something like /thf or /drk instead lol.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-05-20 08:10:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Maybe I don't merit alot. People also kinda underestimate blus meleeing too.

I look at it this way. Even without CA as a taru I can break 1k disservements without difficulty on blu/nin. Not to mention the 18/tic poison and if I am using CA I might be skillchaining. With just refresh from a rdm and of course gear/sacntion/job trait I can get the mp for that in 39. Of course birds have mp so chances are I'm stealing that with 2 different aspir spells.

Kinda depends on the outside buffs you have available. Blus don't really need the haste as much as other DDs so if you don't have brd plus haste it's like meh.

Of course if I wanted to be like the heavy DDs and ignore safety I could actually use something like /thf or /drk instead lol.

Well idk, never seen a blu parse remotely close to any dds worth a damn, but then again, never merited with any great blu either:P
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-20 08:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I should try to get a merit pt on my blu. Being taru hurts a bit but still wonder how high I can get with 2hr CA souleater disservement skillchain lol.

But yeah most part of the reason is few blus go all out DD. And arguably they might be more useful if they didn't. If you make a good build for it you should be able to land frigtful roar which is rather useful. You should be able to more or less stun lock the mobs while doing some dmg and flashing them and such which would help alot if the healer was having a hard time keeping up with melees that full time hasso and/or berserk and have no pdt sets.

Not to mention alot are really really gimp. I've run into full af wearing using lvl 55 swds with no sea spells before. While blu really needs sea spells/gear and good spell sets. And a refresh body that isn't a cloak

I would like do see what I could do even as a taru with savage blade CA souleater disservement though lol
 Caitsith.Jar
By Caitsith.Jar 2010-05-20 08:24:27
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU BLU BLU RDM BRD COR/DNC ive burned that a few times getting 35~K an hour

also i make DD look silly V birds and unlike Dasva im elvaan lol
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-20 08:29:03
Link | Quote | Reply

35k/hr I doubt.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-05-20 08:30:24
Link | Quote | Reply

35k/hr I doubt.

Agreed, never trust exp-watch 100% lol
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-20 08:32:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah int meritted tarus have alot of ground to cover. But yeah with all that refresh you might have a hard time actually running out of mp unless you litterally just waste it. Hell I have a hard time using mine up with just 2 outside refreshes but that's partly cause I'm doing limited crowd control and debuffing.
 Caitsith.Jar
By Caitsith.Jar 2010-05-20 08:36:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Kparser exp/hour not windower just spam big 3 all you can they die in like 2 casts than just move too next ill post SS of next parse if you guys doubt gunna blu burn too 80 blu in 1 day lol
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-20 08:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Jar said:
Kparser exp/hour not windower just spam big 3 all you can they die in like 2 casts than just move too next ill post SS of next parse if you guys doubt gunna blu burn too 80 blu in 1 day lol
Wish I was on your server lol. I have a hard time getting just 1 other blu to go do imps.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-05-20 08:54:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Death Scythe, or Trident(sp?) Scythe
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-20 09:23:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Tredecim, 501 scythes or Magian scythes.
 Caitsith.Katas
user: Katas
By Caitsith.Katas 2010-05-20 09:29:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I can vouch the 34-35k an hr with proper setup and both camps avail to pull from, without exp rings as well. Though storing allie, empress, kupo, and anni ring for burning once update will be extremely nice, 80 in a day.

Edit: Birds camp with reliable non lazy players of course, aka good brd and cor