BREXIT Just Happened...

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » BREXIT Just happened...
BREXIT Just happened...
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 28 29 30
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2016-06-29 01:10:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Eradius said: »
They were already told to *** off by the people. Makes sense to me, he's just begging them to not be spiteful over it. The reality is we know they will be, because they want to discourage further instances like the UK. They will definitely "cut off their noses to spite their face".

Realpolitik in EU?! Who'd have thought!
The UK Leave campaign wants access to the single market without complying with the rules.

They want special snowflake considerations.

Not giving in to that demand is not being spiteful. It is applying the rules evenly across the countries.
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-06-29 01:16:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Odinz said: »
The worst thing to come out of the Brexit has to be the recent spike in hate speech and sentiment in the UK.

It makes very disgusted to watch people shout "we voted leave, now gtfo of our country" to fellow nationals who might have a different skin complexion. This is racism of the worst kind and the brexit seems to have empowered and emboldened these bigots into coming out from under their rocks.

Last year there was a good report by Channel 4 about a woman who went off on a rabid raging racist rant towards everyone on the bus. An Asian, a central asian, a east european and someone of darker complexion. She sounded off on each one of them, one by one by some of the most hate-filled and ignorant insults. That channel 4 anchor, forgot his name, chased her down and got her on air. He let her know on air that she was only a 3rd generation Brit, and that her grandparents on both sides of the family were immigrants to Yorkshire. He then told her she had 12% african descent.

Her head looked like it was going to explode. "I'm not fukun african you dun no whu ur talken bout ya silly div"

Britain leaving the European Union has absolutely nothing to do with Racism.

Yet all you will hear on mainstream media who get their directive information from globalist elite will say that because that is against there agenda of creating a Super State.

It's sickening to hear and see how their propaganda is working. People are saying Europe more often today then saying the many diffrent nation's names that reside on the continent.

I am so happy to hear more European Union members are leaving and good for them reclaiming there national identity and preserving there culture.
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2016-06-29 01:16:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Bahamut.Kara said: »
Bismarck.Arcos said: »
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Didn't the English have a referendum where they voted to join this in the first place? How is it taking your country back from something you wanted to join in the first place?

I'd say that the EU isn't in the same form as when they joined. Governments and perceptions change. I thought I saw somewhere that the join vote was a close vote too.
According to wiki in 1975 67% voted to join the EU

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_European_Communities_membership_referendum,_1975

And the people old enough to know what it was like before clearly were let down by what the EU brought to the table.
Considering the leave voters voted for a variety of reasons, your assumption is not necessarily accurate.

Some used it as a protest vote against Westminuster, some voted out of annoyance for third party national immigration, some voted because of promises by the campaign that will not be implemented (e.g. no immigration from the EU), and some for exactly the reason you stated.

10 people explain why they voted leave. It is not a large sample but it shows there was varrying reasons

As many people were pointing out before the vote happened, there seems to be a divide in the UK that was either ignored or unknown before the vote.
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-06-29 01:21:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Eradius said: »
They are like howler monkeys. What absolute children. This is HILARIOUS.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Farage is a great man and like myself he never gives up on something he believes in.

He was talking about leaving the European Union 17 years ago and they laughed at him.

There not laughing now lol I watched this video yesterday morning and it put a smile on my face.
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-06-29 02:37:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Switzerland is also doing fine and it's not in the European Union.
[+]
By brexit 2016-06-29 02:43:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm confused.
The worst thing to come out of the Brexit has to be the recent spike in hate speech and sentiment in the UK.

It makes very disgusted to watch people shout "we voted leave, now gtfo of our country" to fellow nationals who might have a different skin complexion. This is racism of the worst kind and the brexit seems to have empowered and emboldened these bigots into coming out from under their rocks.

No, I think you are.
Last year there was a good report by Channel 4 about a woman who went off on a rabid raging racist rant towards everyone on the bus. An Asian, a central asian, a east european and someone of darker complexion. She sounded off on each one of them, one by one by some of the most hate-filled and ignorant insults. That channel 4 anchor, forgot his name, chased her down and got her on air. He let her know on air that she was only a 3rd generation Brit, and that her grandparents on both sides of the family were immigrants to Yorkshire. He then told her she had 12% african descent.

Perhaps you should look in the mirror and ask yourself why?
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-06-29 03:25:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Lordgrim said: »

Her head looked like it was going to explode. "I'm not fukun african you dun no whu ur talken bout ya silly div"

Yet all you will hear on mainstream media who get their directive information from globalist elite will say that because that is against there agenda of creating a Super State.

It's sickening to hear and see how their propaganda is working. People are saying Europe more often today then saying the many diffrent nation's names that reside on the continent.

I am so happy to hear more European Union members are leaving and good for them reclaiming there national identity and preserving there culture.
You know, like how right wing and major newspaper in the UK, The Sun was very pro-Brexit.
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-06-29 04:05:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Good for them that's a good sight to see a newspaper agency that cares about its nations sovereignty and reports against globalism. Hope is not far away when nations realize they can be friends with borders respected.

Now all we need is a two state solution for the Palestinian people who since the massive explosion of Brexit coverage seems to be more important than the senseless slaughter of those occupied people.

Boy those crafty media networks and there selective priority of informing.
By Odinz 2016-06-29 04:25:17
Link | Quote | Reply

brexit said: »
I'm confused.
I agree.

That's not true. You would have to ignore the reality that at least a sizable portion of those who voted to leave did so because they wanted less or no immigration, as well as for foreigners to "gtfo of my Britain!"

EDL and Britain First supporters were most certainly voting on racist beliefs.

Since the results of the referendum were released there has been a sudden spike in hate crimes and racist actions towards everyone who isn't white. Regardless if they are British or not. If you want to deny this that is your choice. Reality is something different. So much so that the Police are investigating and have released statements stating such - they wouldn't do that if said cases didn't exist.

I personally believe that these are all symptoms of post-empire Britain, coming to terms with the fact that they are no longer a global power, do not have the resources of their colonies to pillage and steal, do not have the intrinsic economical power be self sustainable at current standards of living, let alone be an international influencer in the leagues of China, Russia and the USA.

Leaving the EU was the worst thing they could have done to themselves. Sure they had a valid point about how the EU institutions are not democratic. But lets be honest, they could have worked on that and influenced the outcomes by being a member of the EU. Now they don't really have a seat at any table other their own "United Kingdom" which is likely to go out the window as well.

England, you will see gain your independence from the rest of the world. Congratulations. I guess we will see less English tourists in Greece, Spain, Ibiza, Bali, Phucket.

At least next Euro Cup the poor owners of Cafe's and Bars won't have to worry about their poor stools getting destroyed.

VALE!
adiós, adieu, addio, adeus
arrivederci, ciao
auf Wiedersehen
au revoir, bon voyage
sayonara
Salam alaikum
shalom
zàijiàn!
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-29 04:39:26
Link | Quote | Reply

You globalist
The nwo will keep unfolding as planned.

Phoenix.Thorbean
Server: Phoenix
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2016-06-29 04:46:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Sure they had a valid point about how the EU institutions are not democratic. But lets be honest, they could have worked on that and influenced the outcomes by being a member of the EU.

We've been working at it for ~20 years and rather than getting better it got worse. If a relationship isn't going well after 20 years trying to make it work, then it's time to leave. If the EU had been more open to change and actually made an effort, we would have likely stayed. The blame is 100% on the EU here. We've been calling for reforms for years. The rest of the EU can thank us later, as it looks like the EU are actually accepting that they need to make major changes now. You're welcome.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2016-06-29 04:48:40
Link | Quote | Reply

The more people use the terms "Racist, Bigot, Misogynist, ect.." as attempts to shame people into not expressing their feelings, the stronger the opposition movement becomes. So instead of standing on a high horse looking down their noses at those lowly peasant "racists", who happen to outnumber them, try to understand where those feelings are coming from and how to address and assuage them.

Even if the core reasons can't be removed, often a person just knowing their voice was heard and is being listened to is sufficient to keep them from doing something dramatic. Or just keep insulting everyone with an opposing feeling and watch the fire of hatred grow.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-06-29 05:06:48
Link | Quote | Reply

What I do find funny is Germany making those comments even though they've put into place domestic laws that prevent mass immigration from being a real thing. German companies can't hire a non-German citizen without first requesting special permission from the government and explaining why a German citizen can't be hired for that position.

I've personally dealt with this as my company has customers in Germany along with several positions and getting hired into those positions is a nightmare of paperwork. Due to export laws and trade secrets only a US citizen can work in those positions, and yet Germany demands we explain why we can't hire a German citizen every time we hire someone there. The person must also be credentialed at least to the same level as German company, even though it's not a requirement for that position. They always eventually accept and approve the hiring but the process can take months. We have similiar positions in many other EU countries and none of them are this difficult to staff.

Germany has solved the central immigration problem, that of cheap labor depressing local wages, and maintained a strong economy for it, by only paying lip service to the EU rules. Anyone from EU could immigrate there but they wouldn't find many jobs that they could get hired in.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-29 05:21:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Anyone from EU could immigrate there but they wouldn't find many jobs that they could get hired in.
A lot of italians go there to find work and they do so without much problem lol.
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-06-29 05:27:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Well said Saevel I agree you can add the term conspiracy theorist in there too with the insult to discredit something like the European Union which was a brain child idea that came out of a 1955 bilderberg meeting to create the European Union. Yeah the bilderberg group You know, the annual meeting where heads of mega corporations, international banks, media, academia, and politicians and royalty all get together. Who always seem to come up with great ideas to screw working class people saying in private meetings it's for their best interest so they can horde maximum profit for their own coffers.

It's coming to a end
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-29 05:29:05
Link | Quote | Reply

It's coming to a end
Nah.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-06-29 05:33:48
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.arbeitsagentur.de/web/wcm/idc/groups/public/documents/webdatei/mdaw/mtaw/~edisp/l6019022dstbai651347.pdf

Quote:
For consent to be granted, the following requirements must be met:
1. A legislative provision grants access to the German labour market.
2. A specific job offer exists.
3. No preferential employees are available for the specific occupation, and the working
conditions are comparable to those of domestic employees

That last line is how they protect their labor market. So while an Italian citizen could indeed immigrate to Germany and wouldn't even need a work permit, the company couldn't hire them unless the position was already approved to do so.

From the definitions

Quote:
Foreigners
People that are not Germans pursuant to Article 116 of the Basic Law for the Federal Republic of Germany.

German's get preferential hiring status, and that pamphlet breaks down the different conditions required to hire people for different jobs. Temporary jobs for under 90 days can usually be done without the German Employment Agency approval, buy permanent jobs or temporary jobs over 90 days require approval. The BA tracks employment status and has a list of "in demand" jobs, which are jobs for which there simply aren't a lot of Germans seeking. If someone submits a hiring request for one of those jobs they are likely to get approved quickly, otherwise its' a PITA.

Like I said, we do this all the time. Germany takes it's domestic labor market seriously.
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-06-29 06:06:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Caseyanthony said: »
Why are so many people so easily manipulated, the media says there has been an increase in racist activity since brexit bs, certain people have been racist long before brexit the media highlights a few cases and people are foaming at the mouth it's those leave voters damnit.

A few nights ago on channel 4 news they found a guy outside a store covered with nazi tattoos, as if this loser had just rushed out and gotten his ink since brexit lol, these people are manipulating you and you can't even see it. Taking you for fools and expecting you to believe this bs hype and you fall for it left and right so I guess those who fall for the propaganda are just dumb, I swear just because some people are book smart they really are not very smart at all.

So what if people voted leave over immigration it's not about been racist it's about the UK been a small Island and having 350k+ people a year coming into the country which puts a stain on everything from NHS to public transport so of course people are going to vote to stop that, it's common sense it has nothing to do with hating anyone or feeling superior.

Brexit has happened it's done, cry moan stamp your feet all you like nothing will change that and I would bet the Uk won't be the only country to leave the EU.

Well said I absolutely agree with everything you said now if only we can clone you times a few billion. There is more hope in this world.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2016-06-29 06:46:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Anyone from EU could immigrate there but they wouldn't find many jobs that they could get hired in.
A lot of italians go there to find work and they do so without much problem lol.
He's talking as a third country national.

Savael and many others seem to not understand the differences between:
EU national
Third country visa holder
Refugee
By Odinz 2016-06-29 06:48:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »

Loads of Spanish too, especially in healthcare.
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2016-06-29 06:51:45
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.arbeitsagentur.de/web/wcm/idc/groups/public/documents/webdatei/mdaw/mtaw/~edisp/l6019022dstbai651347.pdf

Quote:
For consent to be granted, the following requirements must be met:
1. A legislative provision grants access to the German labour market.
2. A specific job offer exists.
3. No preferential employees are available for the specific occupation, and the working
conditions are comparable to those of domestic employees

That last line is how they protect their labor market. So while an Italian citizen could indeed immigrate to Germany and wouldn't even need a work permit, the company couldn't hire them unless the position was already approved to do so.

From the definitions

Quote:
Foreigners
People that are not Germans pursuant to Article 116 of the Basic Law for the Federal Republic of Germany.

German's get preferential hiring status, and that pamphlet breaks down the different conditions required to hire people for different jobs. Temporary jobs for under 90 days can usually be done without the German Employment Agency approval, buy permanent jobs or temporary jobs over 90 days require approval. The BA tracks employment status and has a list of "in demand" jobs, which are jobs for which there simply aren't a lot of Germans seeking. If someone submits a hiring request for one of those jobs they are likely to get approved quickly, otherwise its' a PITA.

Like I said, we do this all the time. Germany takes it's domestic labor market seriously.

From your phamlet first page:

Quote:
Preface
_________________________________________________________________________________
Foreign nationals that wish to take up employment in the Federal Republic of Germany require a permit from the competent authority. Different procedures for admission to the German labour market apply to nationals of the new EU Member States Bulgaria, Romania and Croatia (work-permit procedure) and to those from the so-called non-member countries (consent procedure)
By fonewear 2016-06-29 06:52:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you major in esoteric European history ? I'm curious !
 Asura.Masrur
user: ribena
By Asura.Masrur 2016-06-29 07:06:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally believe that these are all symptoms of post-empire Britain, coming to terms with the fact that they are no longer a global power, do not have the resources of their colonies to pillage and steal, do not have the intrinsic economical power be self sustainable at current standards of living, let alone be an international influencer in the leagues of China, Russia and the USA.

You are a classic example of a fellow European who reveals their dislike/discontent of the UK/Great Britain with what spews out of your mouth. Of all Europeans I have met, only those who dislike Great Britain bring up the British Empire and force this 'o how the mighty has fallen' attitude into a conversation. Do you bring up the Nazis when you disagree with your German friends?

United Kingdom is the 5th largest economy tak! One where Danes export about 7% of their gdp to? Pretty sure we buy your Danish pork/bacon and not steal it! Pretty sure I am using hard earned cash to buy my pint of Carlsberg, not stealing it. Maybe I'll switch to Heineken from now on.

Racism exists all over the world. #realitycheck. Racism exists throughout Europe. #checkyourfacts

Bitter people will always be bitter, so continue being bitter. I on the other hand will deal with the consequences of leaving the EU on a business and political level. On a personal and social level, I will continue socialising with my German, Belgium, Danish, Swedish, Dutch friends, we'll be having a BBQ this weekend! I'd invite you but I got a feeling you're well... Bitter!
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2016-06-29 07:06:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Caseyanthony said: »
So what if people voted leave over immigration it's not about been racist it's about the UK been a small Island and having 350k+ people a year coming into the country which puts a stain on everything from NHS to public transport so of course people are going to vote to stop that, it's common sense it has nothing to do with hating anyone or feeling superior.

"It's not about being racist, it's [string of quasi-racist rationalizations]."
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-29 07:15:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd say Make Europe Great Again but when was it ever great ?
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-06-29 07:15:28
Link | Quote | Reply

now if only we can clone you times a few billion.

Jesus-Rimming-Mary-Magdeline.

You can't even keep your arguments straight.

You want personal freedoms, you claim to believe in the rights of the individual...

But you want to drown the world with clones of people that think just like you?

Seriously?
By Odinz 2016-06-29 07:17:07
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
I'd say Make Europe Great Again but when was it ever great ?

When we were raiding the Angles and enslaving their women.
I joke, just being a 'bitter dane'
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-29 07:18:40
Link | Quote | Reply

America was great when we came together after 9/11 then we forget what it was like to be united.
By fonewear 2016-06-29 07:19:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I think in times of crisis it brings out the best in people. So maybe England will come out of this "crisis" better.
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 28 29 30