BREXIT Just Happened...

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » BREXIT Just happened...
BREXIT Just happened...
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 28 29 30
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-27 08:06:30
Link | Quote | Reply

What the *** are you talking about Lordgrim.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-06-27 08:28:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
What the *** are you talking about Lordgrim.

For your own safety and health, please do not attempt to engage the creatures in the exhibits. Merely observe and take note of how not to behave as a well-adjusted adult in the world at large.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-06-27 08:30:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Lordgrim said: »
You globalist act like it's the end of the world have you lost your minds ?

You do know it's ok for nations to be able to govern themselves right ?

THE SUN IS STILL SHINING THE WORLD IS STILL SPINNING AND TAXES STILL SUCK WHEREVER YOU ARE PUT A SMILE ON YOUR FACE.
Cloudy here.
By Ramyrez 2016-06-27 08:34:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Siren.Lordgrim said: »
You globalist act like it's the end of the world have you lost your minds ?

You do know it's ok for nations to be able to govern themselves right ?

THE SUN IS STILL SHINING THE WORLD IS STILL SPINNING AND TAXES STILL SUCK WHEREVER YOU ARE PUT A SMILE ON YOUR FACE.
Cloudy here.

Cloudy, likely raining, also look.

I get there are people with very reasonable (correct or not) thoughts on why exiting the EU was appropriate.

...but my there also seems to be a lot of what I can only think to refer to as "British Donald Trump Supporters" who subscribe to Mr. Toupee's brand of "national greatness."

That is, holy *** Britain had way more racist jackasses than I realized.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-27 08:40:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Most keep it under wraps. but holy cow this has opened the can of worms
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-27 08:47:52
Link | Quote | Reply

that is a very very poor lay out for a facts. it literally tells you nothing
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-27 08:48:21
Link | Quote | Reply

at least chart it properly
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-27 08:51:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyways. How do you think it will be ok still when three of the leading political parties are in total turmoil. How is that ok?

How is Trading in the Housing secterbeing halted OK?
That isn't an Over reaction. That is the facts.

How is that chart ok?

Quote:
Shares in financial firms were the most affected, with Barclays down 18% and Royal Bank of Scotland plummeting 22%.
The dramatic volatility caused trading in both firms to be briefly suspended in early trade.

How is that ok?
 Phoenix.Thorbean
Server: Phoenix
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2016-06-27 09:02:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
there also seems to be a lot of what I can only think to refer to as "British Donald Trump Supporters" who subscribe to Mr. Toupee's brand of "national greatness."

Around 4 million, are xenophobic to some extent (number of UKIP votes during the last general election). The other 13-14 million who voted out don't care about country of origin, many wanted hard working migrants from non EU countries to have the same rights as EU migrants. Call us racist all you like but I have a Turkish friend who has built up a business from the ground up without the benefit of our welfare system and he feels like he is overlooked and his contribution is not valued compared to EU migrants who automatically get hand outs because they are from within the EU. Who exactly is discriminating in this scenario? The people who want one group to have advantages because they are from the EU, or the people who think everyone should have the same rights, ragardless of their country of origin?

Many voted leave because we believe smaller more localized government is better for it's citizens, and passing greater power to an unelected Euro elite is not beneficial to the regular working class.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-27 09:06:52
Link | Quote | Reply

The fact that the Sterling is still falling is horrible. I guarantee that the pound sterling is going to be devalued soon...
By Ramyrez 2016-06-27 09:07:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Thorbean said: »
there also seems to be a lot of what I can only think to refer to as "British Donald Trump Supporters" who subscribe to Mr. Toupee's brand of "national greatness."

Around 4 million, are xenophobic to some extent (number of UKIP votes during the last general election). The other 13-14 million who voted out don't care about country of origin, many wanted hard working migrants from non EU countries to have the same rights as EU migrants. Call us racist all you like but I have a Turkish friend who has built up a business from the ground up without the benefit of our welfare system and he feels like he is overlooked and his contribution is not valued compared to EU migrants who automatically get hand outs because they are from within the EU. Who exactly is discriminating in this scenario? The people who want one group to have advantages because they are from the EU, or the people who think everyone should have the same rights, ragardless of their country of origin?

Many voted leave because we believe smaller more localized government is better for it's citizens, and passing greater power to an unelected Euro elite is not beneficial to the regular working class.

I get there are people with very reasonable (correct or not) thoughts on why exiting the EU was appropriate.

You're defending yourself and others when it isn't necessary. I have very good friends -- young ones -- who voted "exit."

What I'm saying is that some of those people who wanted to exit clearly wanted to do so for less-than-savory reasons.

I'm an American. I'm the last person to judge a society by it's lowest-common-denominator. Because while I don't believe in karma, I try to avoid hubris wherever possible nevertheless.

I'm aware all societies have some troglodytes hiding in the dirt. I simply wasn't aware how many were lurking in the UK.

Maybe I'm just jaded because they're so easy to find in the U.S.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-06-27 09:27:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I got a spam email about a £500 Amazon gift card. Gonna have to change your schtick, spammer.
By fonewear 2016-06-27 09:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
I got a spam email about a £500 Amazon gift card. Gonna have to change your schtick, spammer.

Well if you check the stock market it is more like 250 !

Post deleted by User.
By Ramyrez 2016-06-27 10:11:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Katsuras said: »
Remember how Obama said the UK would be put to the back of the queue in regards to trade deals? That went right out the window almost immediately, you know why? because they can't afford to let the UK go down. It would damage them too

It has literally always been like this. Fought two full-blown wars and lots of little skirmishes with the British and immediately once "peace" was established we were BFFs again.

We've always been inexorably linked with each other, it's just a matter of posturing. And, you know, human lives. But who's counting?
By volkom 2016-06-27 10:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Remember how Obama said the UK would be put to the back of the queue in regards to trade deals? That went right out the window almost immediately, you know why? because they can't afford to let the UK go down. It would damage them too

It has literally always been like this. Fought two full-blown wars and lots of little skirmishes with the British and immediately once "peace" was established we were BFFs again.

We've always been inexorably linked with each other, it's just a matter of posturing. And, you know, human lives. But who's counting?
Heard the Obama quote on the radio this past weekend. Was like wtf when I heard it

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-06-27 10:33:43
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a difference between letting the UK fall and putting the UK behind the EU on the priority list. Obama clearly said we would negotiate our trade deals with the EU first, UK second. Don't expect any favors.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-27 10:42:55
Link | Quote | Reply

a union it never really wanted to be part of anyway
*rolls eyes*
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-27 10:44:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Exactly, almost every nation said that they would be disappointed with us if we voted to leave.

And it's utterly disgusting the amount of racism and Xenophobic comments that have been let out the bag too.
The Polish Cultural center was graffiti'd with Racist comments

I'm not suggesting a "Told you so" Manourism. I'm suggesting more that we have let so much more out of that bag than what your stating. You ignored my previous response to you 3/4 pages back too.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-06-27 10:44:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Caseyanthony said: »
The meltdown from this has been amazing especially from Shadowlina.

So only 36% of under 24 year olds voted, but it's the "old" peoples faiult gtfo out of here with that.

The under 24 year olds only have themselves to blame but they would rather point their fingers and blame everyone else, lets not forgot out of the few under 24 year olds who did get out of bed to vote not all were even for remain anyway. So you have no idea how the other 64% would have voted.

The UK will be just fine in the long run as the poster above me stated other countrys will no allow us to sink so quit crying about something you can't change.

It's crazy how you even wanted a second Euref, and you have the cheek to call others facist. Democracy.
You realise that petition was started by a pro-brexit person right? He was expecting a narrow remain victory and pre-emptively started that petition and it just got hijacked by unhappy remain voters.

Also the referendum was advisory, so many things are falling apart right now along with the very real possibility Scotland and Northern Ireland could leave the UK.

So go along with that or just ignore the results of a ridiculously tight referendum and stay in the EU, will there be riots? I dunno, you tell me, with the bulk of leave voters being of the older members of society I hope there is a riot, it would be bloody hilarious.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-06-27 10:44:53
Link | Quote | Reply

That link has no relevance to what I said.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-27 10:46:04
Link | Quote | Reply

And from what David Cameron is saying in Parliament right now. He wants NO part in any of this anymore. So we have 3 Weeks of Exactly this. Racism running rampant. Political and financial uncertainty. That is not good...
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-27 10:47:20
Link | Quote | Reply

3 Weeks? I mean 3 Months.
By Ramyrez 2016-06-27 10:48:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
with the very real possibility Scotland and Northern Ireland could leave the UK.

Can we stop for a moment and address a very important matter:

Does this mean we drop the U and it's now just "The K?"

Because that'd be kinda neat.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-06-27 10:48:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
And from what David Cameron is saying in Parliament right now. He wants NO part in any of this anymore. So we have 3 Weeks of Exactly this. Racism running rampant. Political and financial uncertainty. That is not good...
He effectively washed his hands of this whole mess when he announced his resignation, he only had interests in leading a UK inside of the EU. People prompted him about this situation during campaigning and he said he wouldn't resign but if he had admitted he would resign then people would have voted leave just to get him out.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-06-27 10:50:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
with the very real possibility Scotland and Northern Ireland could leave the UK.

Can we stop for a moment and address a very important matter:

Does this mean we drop the U and it's now just "The K?"

Because that'd be kinda neat.
That would basically be it, the UK would be done as it would just be the good old bromance of England and Wales, not really a United Kingdom at that point.
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 28 29 30