BREXIT Just Happened...

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » BREXIT Just happened...
BREXIT Just happened...
First Page 2 3 4 ... 28 29 30
By Ramyrez 2016-06-24 08:35:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Odinz said: »
Ramyrez said: »
Mmm. It's good to know millenials are discounted globally and not just in America.
Have you worked with Millenials? Its the one stereotype that the media portrays correctly.

"The future? Don't ask me about tomorrow I'm busy doing today"

I'm tail end of X/proto-millennial myself (yeah, I just made that term up).

I've got deferred comp, non-work-related retirement investments, a house, and plenty of work ethic.

So how about we don't generalize things we don't know about or actually (apparently) even understand.
[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-06-24 08:36:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Lordgrim said: »
Grumpy Cat said: »
America should just invade the UK and force them back in the EU.

Hell no what's wrong with you man do you not realize what the European Union and United Nations are ?

Organizations that violate nations sovereignty trying to create a one world government.

The United States of America didn't fight a revolution just to join a one world government, We fought to be Independent and to govern ourselves not let foreigners govern us.

We as Americans should congratulate Britain, we may have kicked there tea sipping *** two times and rescued them two times, at least we can do is acknowledge nations are best to govern themselves.

You are such a *** troll. Part of me feels like reporting every post you make because there's no way you're serious about anything you say. No one is that delusional.

To be fair my comment he responded to was an apparently failed attempt at a joke.

Thing is Ramy, there are a LOT of people who really think this way.

Like a lot of people will say something like "The United States of America didn't fight a revolution just to join a one world government, We fought to be Independent and to govern ourselves not let foreigners govern us." while ignoring the fact that while doing so we enslaved an entire race, invaded and nearly wiped out an entire culture of peoples before putting them on reservations, and of course we don't talk about any of those times that we took aggressive military action and tried to set up puppet governments since we can't just pop flags in the dirt and keep adding stars to the flag.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-24 08:36:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I'mma power quote all of the arguments im seeing with voters my age with their parents.

"Maybe you "youngsters" should shut up and listen to us adults for once"

Can i point out most kids my age do politics in college now? Yeah we probably know more about Politics than you do.
Your saying your voting in our best interest. then freakin' listen to us. Listen to our opinions, we're the ones who have to live with your idea of a "Great British heritage"
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-06-24 08:37:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Hell no what's wrong with you man do you not realize what the European Union and United Nations are ?

Organizations that violate nations sovereignty trying to create a one world government.

The United States of America didn't fight a revolution just to join a one world government, We fought to be Independent and to govern ourselves not let foreigners govern us.

We as Americans should congratulate Britain, we may have kicked there tea sipping *** two times and rescued them two times, at least we can do is acknowledge nations are best to govern themselves.

You are such a *** troll. Part of me feels like reporting every post you make because there's no way you're serious about anything you say. No one is that delusional.

I'm absolutely serious every nation has a right to govern itself.

If that's trolling then you standing up for globalist one world governance is absolutely trolling.

As a us citizen I'm happy with the British making this choice.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-06-24 08:40:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Like a lot of people will say something like "The United States of America didn't fight a revolution just to join a one world government, We fought to be Independent and to govern ourselves not let foreigners govern us." while ignoring the fact that while doing so we enslaved an entire race, invaded and nearly wiped out an entire culture of peoples before putting them on reservations, and of course we don't talk about any of those times that we took aggressive military action and tried to set up puppet governments since we can't just pop flags in the dirt and keep adding stars to the flag.

I'm not the biggest fan of revisionist history, but I am a fan of being honest. The US did some really horrible ***to become a great country with a lot of great freedoms. EVERY country has done horrible things.

I agree that we should not be subject to the rules and lawns of foreign powers. But that's not what we're talking about, is it?

We're talking about the potential for a peaceful world, united under one rule and/or sanctioning body. The fictional "Federation" from Star Trek, etc. Yes it's ideal and yes it's never going to happen in any of our lifetimes, but if the very idea of living without conflict or shittiness toward others offends you, you've got deeply-seeded sociopathic issues.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-06-24 08:40:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Nigel Farage waits until after the voting is done to admit that the £350m figure for the NHS was made up and he defends himself by saying he didn't say it.

It was a core promise of the Leave campaign and is probably responsible for gaining a large amount of votes, jesus *** christ.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2016-06-24 08:43:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Mmm. It's good to know millenials are discounted globally and not just in America.
Have you worked with Millenials? Its the one stereotype that the media portrays correctly.

I've got deferred comp, non-work-related retirement investments, a house, and plenty of work ethic.

So how about we don't generalize things we don't know about or actually (apparently) even understand.

Being 34, you're more of a Gen X or Gen Y. The common use of the term millenials in the work force refers to employees who will not experience the baby-boomer work ethic/cutlure. Gen X and Gen Y's don't count. I'm not agreeing or disagreeing, but a lot the "stereotype" associated with Millinials is they lack work ethic, loyalty, drive and require external motivators.

There are HR work shops, retreats, white papers, training courses and even graduate and post graduate courses that all address the coming challenges with the millenial generation at work.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-06-24 08:44:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, it does. That's obviously not what I'm talking about.

What I'm talking about is the voluntary, willing entry into a united planet. No borders. No conflicts. No being shitty to each other.

Again. I'm not saying it's realistic, but if that offends you? That's a level of oppositional defiant disorder that's just off the charts.
By Grumpy Cat 2016-06-24 08:45:02
Link | Quote | Reply

If that's trolling then you standing up for globalist one world governance is absolutely trolling.

As a us citizen I'm happy with the British making this choice.

It's not very different from companies and unions. There are benefits to being part of a union, but with it come certain regulations. The companies can still manage themselves as they see fit to a degree, they just have to reel it in sometimes when regulations dictate it.

If you become part of a union like the EU, the fact that the majority 27(?) other countries can agree that a a certain rule should take place, that should be pretty clear that it might be a good idea.

Of course there is always room for error... we live in a country where we can't collectively agree that a handgun should be sufficient means for self-defense and that high powered rifles aren't needed in every home.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-06-24 08:45:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »

Being 34, you're more of a Gen X or Gen Y. The common use of the term millenials in the work force refers to employees who will not experience the baby-boomer work ethic/cutlure. Gen X and Gen Y's don't count. I'm not agreeing or disagreeing, but a lot the "stereotype" associated with Millinials is they lack work ethic, loyalty, drive and require external motivators.

There are HR work shops, retreats, white papers, training courses and even graduate and post graduate courses that all address the coming challenges with the millenial generation at work.

I'm aware, and generally don't consider myself a millennial, but I get lumped in with them a lot anyhow. But I have younger friends and acquaintances that are every bit -- or even more -- responsible/harder workers than me.

My point is, these issues exist in every generation. We're just in a much more connected world where you see the best and worst of everyone very easily.
[+]
By Grumpy Cat 2016-06-24 08:47:16
Link | Quote | Reply

We're talking about the potential for a peaceful world, united under one rule and/or sanctioning body. The fictional "Federation" from Star Trek, etc. Yes it's ideal and yes it's never going to happen in any of our lifetimes, but if the very idea of living without conflict or shittiness toward others offends you, you've got deeply-seeded sociopathic issues.

Doooooood! The fact that you mentioned Star Trek! I took an ethics class in college and we were talking about this, the idea that all humans could one day come together as the HUMAN race, you know what we ended up bringing up? Mass Effect.

I seriously think the only way we will all come together like that is when Aliens show up and try to kick our *** inside out.
[+]
 Asura.Azriel
Server: Asura
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-06-24 08:48:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

A whole jobbranche was opened up just for that.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2016-06-24 08:50:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm aware, and generally don't consider myself a millennial,
Be a proud Gen X/Y - we actually played outside as kids, dipped our cookies in the bath tub, scraped our knees, fell off of trees, dug up worms, didn't get sent home from school for playing cops and robbers and saying that girls had coodies.

The fate of the universe rests on our shoulders.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-24 08:50:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Nigel Farage waits until after the voting is done to admit that the £350m figure for the NHS was made up and he defends himself by saying he didn't say it.

It was a core promise of the Leave campaign and is probably responsible for gaining a large amount of votes, jesus *** christ.
Yup. He lied. I knew he lied. There was a woman months ago who said
"It's up to the government where the funding goes, if we wanted more on the NHS, they could be doing that now. But they aren't. They are in power, they have every opportunity to do so."

The whole campaign has been for peoples personal gains rather than what the general public wants. I said it once i'll say it again. the entire campaign has been total lies, and smearing of the truth.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-24 08:51:02
Link | Quote | Reply

holy moly! "THERE IS A GENERATION OF YOUNG PEOPLE WHO DIDN'T VOTE FOR THIS"
I LOVE YOU WOMAN!
[+]
By Blazed1979 2016-06-24 08:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I seriously think the only way we will all come together like that is when Aliens show up and try to kick our *** inside out.

They know this. This is why they only probe the anus's of people living in isolated areas.
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-06-24 08:52:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »

Shocker! The main campaign promise to draw in voters was a lie. Saw that coming a mile away. He wants to sell off the NHS, why is he going to spend £350m on it.
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-06-24 08:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

What I'm talking about is the voluntary, willing entry into a united planet. No borders. No conflicts. No being shitty to each other.

Again. I'm not saying it's realistic, but if that offends you? That's a level of oppositional defiant disorder that's just off the charts.

It absolutely does offend me as it should you, because our fellow brothers and sisters would have died in vain defending our nation and our freedoms.

I will not let there sacrifice go without a fight.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-24 08:58:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm watching the business channel and they are losing their minds with the almost 3% dip in the markets.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-24 09:01:07
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a huge deal, we've been on the line with going into a recession. it's quite crucial that stuff balances out. there's a real worry building societies are going to crash.
By fonewear 2016-06-24 09:02:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't worry when we go into a recession when we elect Hillary we will be right there with you Britain...
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-06-24 09:06:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Doooooood! The fact that you mentioned Star Trek! I took an ethics class in college and we were talking about this, the idea that all humans could one day come together as the HUMAN race, you know what we ended up bringing up? Mass Effect.

Sadly conflict seems to be the only thing that does this. Humans are *** up creatures.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-24 09:06:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Japan i believe have going further into their recession as a result of this.
By Ramyrez 2016-06-24 09:07:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
I'm aware, and generally don't consider myself a millennial,
Be a proud Gen X/Y - we actually played outside as kids, dipped our cookies in the bath tub, scraped our knees, fell off of trees, dug up worms, didn't get sent home from school for playing cops and robbers and saying that girls had coodies.

The fate of the universe rests on our shoulders.

Well, again. I don't necessarily disagree...though if we want to get slightly off topic for a minute, I always liked girls. I didn't always know why. But I never went through a "girls are icky" phase. I blame Cyndi Lauper and finding my uncle's stash of old Playboys in the garage when I was like 6.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-06-24 09:07:25
Link | Quote | Reply

That's probably the only way this planet will ever be unified. Much like in Star-Trek, the planet was ripping itself apart, then the Vulcans showed up and everyone realised we were not alone and became BFF's

Not something that's likely to happen any time soon. Right now everyone has their own agenda's because as far as everyone is concerned a unified planet makes no money in arms trade.

And the worlds most powerful governments are the biggest arms dealers there are.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-06-24 09:08:16
Link | Quote | Reply

It absolutely does offend me as it should you, because our fellow brothers and sisters would have died in vain defending our nation and our freedoms.

...you are a detriment to the species.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-24 09:08:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Masrur said: »
Worry about your own country.
We are.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-24 09:09:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
Japan i believe have going further into their recession as a result of this.

That is what this is really about. How will this effect FFXI ? Can FFXI recover from this !
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-06-24 09:10:16
Link | Quote | Reply

...you are a detriment to the species.

And I say that knowing and being close with far more veterans and active service members than you, most likely, and I absolutely promise you that they don't agree with you.

Putting the dead's memory above the needs and safety of the living is counter to every single thing they fought and died for.

And peace and prosperity will always top conflict. Always.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 ... 28 29 30