BREXIT Just Happened...

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » BREXIT Just happened...
BREXIT Just happened...
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30
By Blazed1979 2016-06-24 04:27:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Raenil said: »
Genocide is noble?

Colonizes half the world, *** about immigrants. GG UK.
I think I made it pretty clear I was talking about pre-British Empire.
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2016-06-24 06:19:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Leviathan.Vienne said: »
it will make their own product more expensive which is negative for export. we work with british langoustines, this might as well mean the prices will go up and we will start working with french instead.

That's not how that works.

The British economy is going to take a hit for about five to ten years. That will force the prices of their exports to go down, not up. UK already has it's own currency that gains and loses value independently from the Euro, this price difference will be expressed there. Today British products are already cheaper then they were yesterday due to the pound losing value.

The only way prices would go up is if the EU attempted to force it's member nations to not make any independent trade deals and instead accept their dictated terms. That would be a colossally stupid mistake as it would just incite other nations to leave as it would of proved the UK's point.
The EU members don't make indepedent trade deals.

Being in the EU is being a free market.

Every third country makes trade deals with the EU....it's why the UK has to renegociate treaties with every nation outside the EU.

By not knowing this fundamental aspect of the EU, your opinions on the economics involved is amazingly flawed
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2016-06-24 06:41:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Scotland
Quote:
Scotland's first minister has said a second independence referendum is "highly likely" after the UK voted to leave the EU.

Nicola Sturgeon said it was "democratically unacceptable" that Scotland faced the prospect of being taken out of the EU against its will.

She said the Scottish government would begin preparing legislation to enable another independence vote.
 Asura.Masrur
Server: Asura
user: ribena
By Asura.Masrur 2016-06-24 06:42:56
Link | Quote | Reply

^ chill, UK is still in EU for up to 2 years. Vienne has 2 years to look for a cheaper supplier. Period. Her British supplier will just find a different buyer... Boohoo that's business for you!

And Saevel's not wrong, basic economics 101, a weaker currency = cheaper exports, more expensive imports. Great Britain will work with other European countries that are not in EU and together forge new trade deals in due course.

No offense, but this UK referendum affects the UK citizens first and foremost, if you're not Great British, I ain't interested in your crystal ball gazing.

Worry about your own country.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2016-06-24 06:49:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Masrur said: »
^ chill, UK is still in EU for up to 2 years. Vienne has 2 years to look for a cheaper supplier. Period. Her British supplier will just find a different buyer... Boohoo that's business for you!

And Saevel's not wrong, basic economics 101, a weaker currency = cheaper exports, more expensive imports. Great Britain will work with other European countries that are not in EU and together forge new trade deals in due course.

No offense, but this UK referendum affects the UK citizens first and foremost, if you're not Great British, I ain't interested in your crystal ball gazing.

Savael lacks a fundamental understanding of the single market. He demonstrated that.

The UK just said "*** you" to the rest of the EU. The rest of the EU has an absolute right to express their opinions and concerns.

Don't like it? I don't care.

Block all of us mean people pointing out the flaws or leave...
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-24 06:49:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have a break down of the votes?
I saw the vote split for people aged 40. very interested in the other splits.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-24 06:56:32
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/24/eu-referendum-how-the-results-compare-to-the-uks-educated-old-an/
answered my own question. Very much the older generation who voted to leave.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-06-24 07:11:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/24/eu-referendum-how-the-results-compare-to-the-uks-educated-old-an/

That's sort of interesting to me. The handful of British folks I have as friends on FB were very, very pro-exit and are significantly younger than me (I'm 34.)
 Asura.Tarquine
By Asura.Tarquine 2016-06-24 07:24:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Thorbean said: »
and legalize cannabis to give us a massive economic boost!

Whilst I am 100% in favour of this, I 100% do not see this happening under a Tory government.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Raffie
Server: Shiva
user: Exarkun
By Shiva.Raffie 2016-06-24 07:31:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Ramyrez said: »

That's sort of interesting to me. The handful of British folks I have as friends on FB were very, very pro-exit and are significantly younger than me (I'm 34.)

Young voters rebelling agaisnt whatever, nothing anormal

I would not be surprised if they were part of the large mass of FB Warriors that did not vote.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-24 07:32:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Raffie said: »
large mass of FB Warriors that did not vote
73% turnout is huge.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-24 07:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I think 18-24 64% of that age group (which is also mine) voted to stay.

We where talking about it among my friends, we all kind of agreed that there isn't a representation of our age group at all.
 Asura.Masrur
user: ribena
By Asura.Masrur 2016-06-24 07:40:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »

Savael lacks a fundamental understanding of the single market. He demonstrated that.

The UK just said "*** you" to the rest of the EU. The rest of the EU has an absolute right to express their opinions and concerns.

Don't like it? I don't care.

Block all of us mean people pointing out the flaws or leave...

What is 'rest of EU'?

EU is a political-economic union, one UK has just voted to leave. It was a democratic referendum, one I expect others from other countries to respect.

Europe is the continent, a continent the UK is on and will forever be a part of.

Pick your terms carefully or you risk twisting/confusing people.

You seem angry, have a break, have a kit kat.

Copenhagen is one of my favourite cities to visit! I will still continue to visit tak!
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-06-24 07:40:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Young voters rebelling agaisnt whatever, nothing anormal

Well, in this particular case he's presented many arguments that, at least on the surface, seem very good to me, even if I still kinda question if it's a good idea or not.

I just find it interesting that older individuals were driving the "exit" vote when it seems like -- from what I've seen him say and the articles he's shared -- a lot of young people were about it too.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-24 07:48:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been watching the whole thing since Midnight last night. Can i just say that there is 0 talks about people my age group at all?
Like wtf.
[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-06-24 07:56:32
Link | Quote | Reply

America should just invade the UK and force them back in the EU.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-06-24 08:01:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been watching the whole thing since Midnight last night. Can i just say that there is 0 talks about people my age group at all?
Like wtf.

Mmm. It's good to know millenials are discounted globally and not just in America.

I find it amusing that the people who expect millenials to pay for and support the country in their dotage are so dismissive, critical, and exclusionary of these people (of whom I may or may not be one, depending how you define such things.)
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-06-24 08:10:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Great, Brexit has happened, the PM has resigned and a couple Labour MPs have tabled a no confidence motion in Jeremy Corbyn, our whole political system is falling apart.

Well done Cameron, in a year and a half of a Tory majority you have well and truly *** us, not content with *** the poor, the disabled and also the pigs, you will be the PM responsible for us leaving the EU and the break up of the UK.

Great legacy.
[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-06-24 08:14:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't understand something though, and I really don't understand your government at all... or ours really... but if the guy in charge was there, dropped this policy bomb on yall and peaced out... couldn't whoever takes his place just be like, yeah no, revote we aren't doing this?
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2016-06-24 08:18:31
Link | Quote | Reply

What is 'rest of EU'?

EU is a political-economic union, one UK has just voted to leave. It was a democratic referendum, one I expect others from other countries to respect.

Europe is the continent, a continent the UK is on and will forever be a part of.

Pick your terms carefully or you risk twisting/confusing people.

You seem angry, have a break, have a kit kat.

Copenhagen is one of my favourite cities to visit! I will still continue to visit tak!

I absolutely accept the UK decision and their choice. They also get to deal with any benefits -and this is key- any consequences from this choice.

I'm not sure why you are bringing up Europe when I specified the EU. It was a specific choice in terminology.

Do you think this vote does not affect other member countries? This has social, political, and economic consequences that will ripple throughout the entire EU. It has the possibility of causing global issues, depending on how it is handled.

The UK has chosen to leave the EU and in so doing has said "*** you" to the EU. Maybe you don't see how this could be the conclusion drawn from other countries.

The Leave campaign wants to keep free trade between member states but not pay any taxes or allow free movement between the members.

This is asking other members to abide by treaties for a single market but give special consideration to the UK.

As to me being angry, this is what you stated.
Quote:

No one on an international board cares about who you want to hear from.
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-06-24 08:22:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Grumpy Cat said: »

Hell no what's wrong with you man do you not realize what the European Union and United Nations are ?

Organizations that violate nations sovereignty trying to create a one world government.

The United States of America didn't fight a revolution just to join a one world government, We fought to be Independent and to govern ourselves not let foreigners govern us.

We as Americans should congratulate Britain, we may have kicked there tea sipping *** two times and rescued them two times, at least we can do is acknowledge nations are best to govern themselves.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-06-24 08:23:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Part of me feels like this was always brewing, right down to the fact that they always kept the GBP around rather than the Euro. Britain was always a little hesitant to be viewed as anything other than Great Britain first. At least -- it seems to me -- from an appearance/public perception standpoint.

Just my completely un-thought-out take on it after about 30 seconds of reflection. Take it with a grain of salt.
By fonewear 2016-06-24 08:23:52
Link | Quote | Reply

After reading this thread I can understand why the GB left the EU...
By Ramyrez 2016-06-24 08:24:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Lordgrim said: »
Grumpy Cat said: »

Hell no what's wrong with you man do you not realize what the European Union and United Nations are ?

Organizations that violate nations sovereignty trying to create a one world government.

The United States of America didn't fight a revolution just to join a one world government, We fought to be Independent and to govern ourselves not let foreigners govern us.

We as Americans should congratulate Britain, we may have kicked there tea sipping *** two times and rescued them two times, at least we can do is acknowledge nations are best to govern themselves.

You are such a *** troll. Part of me feels like reporting every post you make because there's no way you're serious about anything you say. No one is that delusional.
By fonewear 2016-06-24 08:26:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Like wtf.

Young people don't matter just ask all the people voting for Bernie...
By Ramyrez 2016-06-24 08:27:13
Link | Quote | Reply

To clarify: if you're against the idea of a peaceful united world, you're a serious detriment to the human race. No one is saying there aren't potential problems and barriers to such a thing actually happening, but if the idea of a peaceful world without borders scares you, you are a hindrance to our species.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-24 08:30:32
Link | Quote | Reply

To clarify: if you're against the idea of a peaceful united world, you're a serious detriment to the human race. No one is saying there aren't potential problems and barriers to such a thing actually happening, but if the idea of a peaceful world without borders scares you, you are a hindrance to our species.

I'm having trouble communicating with you maybe I'm not of your species !
[+]
By Odinz 2016-06-24 08:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Mmm. It's good to know millenials are discounted globally and not just in America.
Have you worked with Millenials? Its the one stereotype that the media portrays correctly.

"The future? Don't ask me about tomorrow I'm busy doing today"
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-24 08:34:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Stock market crashing here in the US -500 ish at the moment.
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30