BREXIT Just Happened...

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » BREXIT Just happened...
BREXIT Just happened...
First Page 2 ... 28 29 30
 Asura.Tarquine
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Tarquine 2016-06-24 00:49:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh god. It actually happened...

WTF now?!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Bigsyke
Server: Ragnarok
user: Bigsyke
By Ragnarok.Bigsyke 2016-06-24 00:52:58
Link | Quote | Reply

"Hey, Scotland! What currency would you even use if you leave the UK?"
"Certainly not the pound..."
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-24 01:02:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I was covering it a lot in P&R.
We now have a lot of problems. voted ourselves into a recession.
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-06-24 01:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Congratulations Great Britain for regaining your sovereignty and Independence. Do not fear what main stream media says, you are the world's 5th strongest economy and that's nothing to be ashamed of.

Let Britain's accomplishment show a new dawn to nations still in the disastrous European Union that yes Indeed sovereignty and the ability to govern your own nation is ultimately superior to One world governance.

This is the first step.

The next step is leaving the United Nations.

This does not end trade and let it be known before there were attempts of globalism like the United Nations and European Union, nations still traded with each other.

But also let it be known Finance market manipulators will and have always been one of the major forces to punish nations trying to help there citizens out.

It is to these Traitors who owe no alleggence to any nation that you the people must let your Representatives know who too keep a keen EYE on to punish.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Bigsyke
user: Bigsyke
By Ragnarok.Bigsyke 2016-06-24 01:42:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Would be amusing if this leads to Northern Ireland and Scotland asking for independence. Then a more appropriate name would be Decent-ish Britain.

On the bright side however, Cameron will go from "the man who has no offshore accounts, but leaves regular deposits in his piggy bank" to "the man who screwed Britain".
[+]
 Phoenix.Thorbean
Server: Phoenix
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2016-06-24 01:58:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tarquine said: »
WTF now?!

We go to work and get on with it like we always do (and legalize cannabis to give us a massive economic boost!). MEP's from all over Europe are already saying they want to keep a healthy trade relationship with the UK even after Brexit. We import more from EU countries than we export, and there's no longer an unelected beurocracy telling us we have to buy certain goods from the EU rather than outside of it regardless of our ability to find the same products cheaper in non EU countries. We can put tarrifs on below cost Chinese steel that has crippled our steel industry without Brussels getting in the way etc.

The money side of the argument means very little to myself and most in the North East though. Almost everyone I talk to up here agree we will most likely be slightly worse off in the short term, but how much is our ability to fully control our laws, and unelect politicians who are doing a bad job worth?
[+]
 Asura.Masrur
user: ribena
By Asura.Masrur 2016-06-24 02:13:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Bigsyke said: »
.... Cameron will go from "the man who has no offshore accounts, but leaves regular deposits in his piggy bank" to "the man who screwed Britain".

Cameron deposited his penis into a piggy's mouth and will forever be known as "the man who screwed a pig's head".

There was more hysteric on the streets when Robbie left Take That and when Ginger Spice left Spice Girls. Life really will just go on as normal more most mere mortals.

Let's see what happens to other countries in the EU, will be interesting.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-24 02:25:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Cameron just resigned.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2016-06-24 02:27:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh damn, Cameron's gone.

That was fast.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-24 02:30:02
Link | Quote | Reply

He said that he is staying until October.
Hopefully we get a new election in general I think there should be. Most people voted for him because of this referendum
By Odinz 2016-06-24 02:40:07
Link | Quote | Reply

environment in Brussels at the moment - everyone just stopped what they were doing at work and are panicking.
By Blazed1979 2016-06-24 02:49:08
Link | Quote | Reply

what happens to all the eastern europeans that are currently living in England?

Mass deportation plan inc?
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2016-06-24 02:52:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Are Americans welcome in the UK? Just checking, because I was planning on being there in a few months. Brighton, UK to be exact.
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2016-06-24 02:54:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Siviard said: »
Are Americans welcome in the UK? Just checking, because I was planning on being there in a few months. Brighton, UK to be exact.
Yes.....

It will take 2 years after article 50 is triggered for the UK to leave the EU.
 Asura.Masrur
user: ribena
By Asura.Masrur 2016-06-24 02:55:03
Link | Quote | Reply

^ such an ill informed drama queen.

EU citizens in the UK can stay if they want.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2016-06-24 02:56:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »
Yes.....

It will take 2 years after article 50 is triggered for the UK to leave the EU.

I guess I should be a little more clear. Are Democrat, gay, Atheist Americans welcome in the UK?

Last thing I want is to be persecuted in the UK like I am now being as though I live in Texas currently.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-24 02:59:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes they are. Most Americans are welcome London and Scotland.
Aside from us bullying your accent. ;P
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2016-06-24 03:07:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
Yes they are. Most Americans are welcome London and Scotland.
Aside from us bullying your accent. ;P

It's ok. I love the British accent. And I've met many an Englishman who loves my Texas accent.

But on a more serious note. The possibility that World War III might possibly happen during my lifetime is very disheartening to me. The fact that racism and xenophobia is rampant enough in this world.....it darkens my heart.
[+]
 Leviathan.Vienne
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Vienne 2016-06-24 03:24:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Think the EU will play it hard, The impression Donald Tusk left during this morning's press conference was rather aggresive. Juncker already stated they will be holding back alot more on the demands of the UK and there are alot of treaties that will need to be negotiated again.
Its not so much the big drama that the UK is leaving the EU its more the public opinion that gets the fact shoved into its face that the EU isnt working and is an awfull bureaucratic mastodont.
Ic profit in this for every eurosceptic, nationalist and populist party in the EU. We can only hope the leaders get their heads out of their collectives *** and think of a way to improve the EU (cause yes i believe the idea of a unified europe political/cultural/economical can only be an enrichment). Stop the bickering over the details and search for the common ground where the European idea first started, it has brought stability and wellfare ever since the second world war.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-06-24 03:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Vienne said: »
Think the EU will play it hard, The impression Donald Tusk left during this morning's press conference was rather aggresive. Juncker already stated they will be holding back alot more on the demands of the UK and there are alot of treaties that will need to be negotiated again.

Several of the EU nations already signaled they would maintain Free Trade Agreements, there won't be fall out from that angle due to the UK being one of the strongest economies in the EU and already having it's own currency.

We can only hope the leaders get their heads out of their collectives *** and think of a way to improve the EU (cause yes i believe the idea of a unified europe political/cultural/economical can only be an enrichment).

You realize a "Unified Europe" is exactly what many people don't want. Specifically they don't want Spanish, Greek and Italian citizens determining the economic policies of British, French, German or Danish citizens.

The EU is failing and it will break apart sooner rather then later. The only way to stop that is for the EU to muster it's military and use force to "ensure" European integrity is maintained. There are only two outcomes, a failed Union or a singular European Nation.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Eradius
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dashuto
By Quetzalcoatl.Eradius 2016-06-24 03:46:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Does this mean Australia gets to call the UK "Dad" again?
[+]
 Leviathan.Vienne
By Leviathan.Vienne 2016-06-24 03:47:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

Several of the EU nations already signaled they would maintain Free Trade Agreements, there won't be fall out from that angle due to the UK being one of the strongest economies in the EU and already having it's own currency.

A free trade arrangement between the UK and Europe doesnt contain certain products....iirc agriculture and fishing is one of them (there are more i dont recall them all since i'm no expert on the matter)....which happens to be very heavily subsidized by the EU.
 Leviathan.Vienne
By Leviathan.Vienne 2016-06-24 03:49:11
Link | Quote | Reply

i cant quote decently =D
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2016-06-24 03:50:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Eradius said: »

I thought they always did? Forgive me for my naivety, of course. Disrespect was not my intention.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-06-24 03:50:44
Link | Quote | Reply

which happens to be very heavily subsidized by the EU.

So basically it's a win for UK then.

You realize the word "Subsidized" means wealthier people covering the cost of something for less wealthier people. UK is one of the wealthier nations in the UK, any subsidization that happened would of been a negative to their economy in favor of a positive to a place like Greece, Spain or Italy.
 Leviathan.Vienne
By Leviathan.Vienne 2016-06-24 03:55:51
Link | Quote | Reply

it will make their own product more expensive which is negative for export. we work with british langoustines, this might as well mean the prices will go up and we will start working with french instead.

9 out of 10 independant economic research tanks have stated that it will take a long time for the UK to economically recover from a Brexit.
 Quetzalcoatl.Eradius
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dashuto
By Quetzalcoatl.Eradius 2016-06-24 03:56:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Eradius said: »

I thought they always did? Forgive me for my naivety, of course. Disrespect was not my intention.

Mostly joking around but surprisingly a lot of Australians felt like leaving the commonwealth whenever the queen passed. I've heard us mention that if the UK ever left the EU we'd feel more like family.

I don't seriously care about any of that, its funny though.
By Blazed1979 2016-06-24 04:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't think the land that brought the world the Magna carta was going to let some unelected officials in Brussels dictate policy to them and I was right.
The worst thing about the British Empire, WW1 and WWII is they overshadow the great and noble history of Britain.
Much like the US's current empire ambitions overshadow everything that came before.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-06-24 04:08:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Genocide is noble?

Colonizes half the world, *** about immigrants. GG UK.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-06-24 04:09:06
Link | Quote | Reply

it will make their own product more expensive which is negative for export. we work with british langoustines, this might as well mean the prices will go up and we will start working with french instead.

That's not how that works.

The British economy is going to take a hit for about five to ten years. That will force the prices of their exports to go down, not up. UK already has it's own currency that gains and loses value independently from the Euro, this price difference will be expressed there. Today British products are already cheaper then they were yesterday due to the pound losing value.

The only way prices would go up is if the EU attempted to force it's member nations to not make any independent trade deals and instead accept their dictated terms. That would be a colossally stupid mistake as it would just incite other nations to leave as it would of proved the UK's point.
First Page 2 ... 28 29 30