BREXIT Just Happened...

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » BREXIT Just happened...
BREXIT Just happened...
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 28 29 30
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-06-27 10:50:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
Manourism
Is this really how Brits spell mannerism?

Legitimate question.
 Quetzalcoatl.Eradius
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Dashuto
By Quetzalcoatl.Eradius 2016-06-27 10:51:10
Link | Quote | Reply

And from what David Cameron is saying in Parliament right now. He wants NO part in any of this anymore. So we have 3 Weeks of Exactly this. Racism running rampant. Political and financial uncertainty. That is not good...

Just grab a fork (for heavy weapons security) and enjoy the looting of Poundland Lucky Bags. Call a chav girl a "thot" and grin about it. You can make the best of this!
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-27 10:51:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Manourism

Legitimate question.
I'm dyslexic lol
Sorry
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-06-27 10:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Manourism

Legitimate question.
Nope, think Lina just made a mistake or an elaborate joke.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-06-27 10:52:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Manourism

Legitimate question.
I'm dyslexic lol
Sorry
Oh, it was a typo.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-27 10:52:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Auto correct diddnt help ok!
By Ramyrez 2016-06-27 10:52:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Ramyrez said: »
with the very real possibility Scotland and Northern Ireland could leave the UK.

Can we stop for a moment and address a very important matter:

Does this mean we drop the U and it's now just "The K?"

Because that'd be kinda neat.
That would basically be it, the UK would be done as it would just be the good old bromance of England and Wales, not really a United Kingdom at that point.

Oh right, I forgot about Wales. How did I forget about Wales?

...said everyone ever, really. Poor Welsh folks.
By Ramyrez 2016-06-27 10:53:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope, think Lina just made a mistake or an elabourate joke.

fixed!
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-06-27 10:54:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Auto correct diddnt help ok!
It's ok, just a typeau.

#pardonmyfrench
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-27 10:54:42
Link | Quote | Reply

By the way, despite what some posters here assumed(looking at you Saevel) I haven't actually given an opinion on the "fairness" of the referendum.

While I do think the margin of victory for the validity of something of this important should be placed higher; I also think at this point it would undemocratic to ignore the result.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-06-27 10:55:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, nobody knows who is going to invoke Article 50, but its not going to be Cameron.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-27 10:56:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't even think Boris or Nigel want too.
Boris isn't even in Parliament. and they are seated atm
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-06-27 10:57:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
By the way, despite what some posters here assumed(looking at you Saevel) I haven't actually given an opinion on the "fairness" of the referendum.

While I do think the margin of victory for the validity of something of this important should be placed higher; I also think at this point it would undemocratic to ignore the result.
I agree with that last point, but you also have to consider how people were swayed to vote leave by lies and fearmongering.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-06-27 10:57:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree with that last point, but you also have to consider how people were swayed to vote leave by lies and fearmongering.

As opposed to how people have been swayed in voting any other time, anywhere, ever?
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-27 10:58:26
Link | Quote | Reply

That is true. However those who benefited from it will still scream foul regardless of how they got there if they were to be ignored.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Eradius
By Quetzalcoatl.Eradius 2016-06-27 11:00:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure what margin there should be though. For example if it was 60%, that wouldn't be fair either. It does seem both sides weren't educated enough on the stances they took. This entire situation reeks of complacency and soreness. No one should ever be complacent as a voter.

For all the whining that Australians make about compulsory voting, and having lived in more than one country, I have to say that its just better to make it compulsory. Lazy people are more likely to get themselves educated about whats going on when they know they have to make the choice.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-06-27 11:01:19
Link | Quote | Reply

As opposed to how people have been swayed in voting any other time, anywhere, ever?
It's a bad but allowed practice. Not much you can do to stop it, someone who's informed won't fall for it but there aren't many who are informed. Many people just watch Fox News or MSNBC which are biased towards the right and the left, respectively.
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-06-27 11:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

^ Pretty much this, politics 101 right there.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-06-27 11:03:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Eradius said: »

I'm not sure what margin there should be though. For example if it was 60%, that wouldn't be fair either. It does seem both sides weren't educated enough on the stances they took. This entire situation reeks of complacency and soreness. No one should ever be complacent as a voter.

For all the whining that Australians make about compulsory voting, and having lived in more than one country, I have to say that its just better to make it compulsory. Lazy people are more likely to get themselves educated about whats going on when they know they have to make the choice.

I don't recall all the details so I feel poorly-equipped to speak on them, but I remember reading about Brazil's compulsory voting system a while back and actually finding it pretty decent.

That said, a two-thirds+ vote seems like it would be appropriate for a situation like this to me, but that's a fairly American politics take on it given the way we go about amending the Constitution and the like.
 Quetzalcoatl.Eradius
By Quetzalcoatl.Eradius 2016-06-27 11:04:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Many people just watch Fox News or MSNBC which are biased towards the right and the left, respectively.

This, so much this.

I have to get my news from so many damned sources to start painting the better picture. You know its bad when your american friends admit they have to go to RT and Al Jazheera for news that feels "less biased". Can't trust the BBC anymore either. Then with the election in America, there has never been a time its been more groaningly obvious how biased every news source is. They used to at least TRY to hide it (except fox). Now it feels like every news source is open propaganda.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Eradius
By Quetzalcoatl.Eradius 2016-06-27 11:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

EU to Reform into a Superstate

Wait what
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-06-27 11:20:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Katsuras said: »
I'll point out that the only people who are suggesting any kind of separation are the Scottish national party (SNP) and Shin Fein, there is no big grass roots movement to split from the UK among the people. These politicians would shout for independence if their pet goldfish farted so they can be pretty much ignored.
https://www.sundaypost.com/news/political-news/end-uk-new-survey-shows-59-support-scottish-independence-brexit-vote/

59% support for Scottish independence if there was another referendum.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-06-27 11:24:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Take it with a pinch of salt, the Daily Express are financial backers of UKIP so would come out with a story like this.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-27 11:25:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait what
I said many times there are a lot of people who dream of a federal Europe.

And I don't have a problem saying I'm one of them.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-27 11:30:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
There has been an of 57% increase in reporting to True Vision since Friday compared to this time last month (85 reports between Thursday 23 –Sunday 26 June compared with 54 reports the corresponding 4 days four weeks ago.)
http://news.npcc.police.uk/releases/hate-crime-is-unacceptable-in-any-circumstances-say-police#.V3FOa-55AlE.twitter

Yes that is an Official police report website saying this.
By Ramyrez 2016-06-27 11:32:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
There has been an of 57% increase in reporting to True Vision since Friday compared to this time last month (85 reports between Thursday 23 –Sunday 26 June compared with 54 reports the corresponding 4 days four weeks ago.)
http://news.npcc.police.uk/releases/hate-crime-is-unacceptable-in-any-circumstances-say-police#.V3FOa-55AlE.twitter

Yes that is an Official police report website saying this.

Ugh.
 Quetzalcoatl.Eradius
By Quetzalcoatl.Eradius 2016-06-27 11:33:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait what
I said many times there are a lot of people who dream of a federal Europe.

And I don't have a problem saying I'm one of them.

It would be a stronger system, especially if it had been used to begin with. History could have been very different. I don't think it would have been possible though.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-27 11:33:14
Link | Quote | Reply

There have been 4 questions today directed to Cameron about this. And that report is just from 1 place on 1 website.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-27 11:33:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure they could pull something like that from the getgo. Consider that ww2 was just yesterday.

It had to be a slow process.
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 28 29 30