First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-05-13 06:56:47
Link | Quote | Reply

People will always be jerks, I remember when I was farming Briareus and there were people who would actively try to get in my way when I was trying to range Mercurial.

You can do whatever you want with regards to NMs going yellow, just that anything you do will follow you, if you're known for taking NMs the moment they go yellow, the more likely people will do the same to you, rather than let you reclaim, recover or even help out.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By caseyanthony 2015-05-13 07:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Vanfrano said: »
caseyanthony said: »
Don't act like it didn't happen in mass at any other time during the game so why would it suddently stop now.

It happened and will keep happening, yes, but not in mass.
Negative behaviour is always more obvious and visible, it just takes a minority and everyone will notice, take a look at the forum.
You know perfectly well the impact only one person with bad behaviour can have, especially if said person enjoys messing with others. And it will attract other people of the same kind and encourage them to keep acting like this, but they are, as I said, a minority.

Honestly from my personal experience in abyssea I was farming a lot and most days I saw people fighting for ??? and stealing mobs on a daily basis and it was diffrent people each time, so it at least happened in mass on Quetz.
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
Server: Ragnarok
user: Slyshen1
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2015-05-13 07:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Wonder if/when they will release those golden weapons they flashed at the ending CS of SoA Missions... hmmm...
By caseyanthony 2015-05-13 07:16:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetz is a shell of its former self I will give you that.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-05-13 07:28:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I sometimes wonder what game some of you play, people been nicer now thats *** bs most people are still out for themselves and what Nateen described happened on Quetz during the aby reign and it will sure as ***happen again after tonights update unless they have some depop crap built in when claim is lost.

It's what makes the game fun to a degree, you know if you *** up someone is going to take your mob, likewise if you *** up near me you can rest assured I will take your mob unless I personally know you.
I don't think it's within the "acceptably logical" part of the mentality to find it fun.

The game used to have a big population, the lack of PVP pushed players to find some PVE competition. Outside of the claim fights, it was the "yellow is fair game" fight.
I agree with the fact that, once upon a time, yellow is fair game was part of the usual attitude to have if you wanted to play. And I don't mean just progress, but play. Or else, you'd be here, thumbs up your ***, doing nothing at all for hours, and the whole server would be in the same situation, or at least the whole area.

However, nowadays, while there are still some people to be greedy and such, I think they're a tiny minority. People seem to have gotten this new mentality that matches the state of the game. Once upon a time, it was difficult to pop NMs, to get their drops, to make money, to progress at all. Nowadays, you can progress up to the maximum bar forced cooldowns like mythics within a few days. So people have understood that there is no need to be greedy anymore, or anything of the like. Furthermore, people have gotten older. I'm still an idiot but I was an even bigger one back in HNMs.
I'm sure most people playing FFXI are even older than I, so they may be even wiser in that regard.

If you still have a 2004-2009 mentality when it comes to this game, then the problem isn't the game or any of its mechanics, but your brain.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-05-13 07:32:11
Link | Quote | Reply

No one is going to be wiping to these NMs anyway so guess you guys have nothing to worry about.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-05-13 07:41:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Stop insulting each othet, keep it civil, and stay on topic.
[+]
 Asura.Echandra
Server: Asura
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2015-05-13 07:59:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
No one is going to be wiping to these NMs anyway so guess you guys have nothing to worry about.

Exactly, I would say it's evolved from wiping/go yellow steal the mob to, B&M because people are taking too long to kill the mob becuz my party is elite and kills the mob in one minute while you take more than five so you obviously suck and should quit the game.
 Fenrir.Camiie
Server: Fenrir
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2015-05-13 08:40:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Slyshen said: »
Wonder if/when they will release those golden weapons they flashed at the ending CS of SoA Missions... hmmm...

Which was a completely original sequence not the least bit derivative.

[+]
 Asura.Natenn
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2015-05-13 13:14:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyruul said: »
Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Generally speaking though, you're right it is fair game but you'll still come off as a douche for doing it and people will remember.

Yeah but he doesn't care, and everyone already remembers him as that guy anyways lol.
thats how you survived in the HNM camping days, thrived being the better word considering who you address sir or madam.
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2015-05-13 13:17:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I sometimes wonder what game some of you play, people been nicer now thats *** bs most people are still out for themselves and what Nateen described happened on Quetz during the aby reign and it will sure as ***happen again after tonights update unless they have some depop crap built in when claim is lost.

It's what makes the game fun to a degree, you know if you *** up someone is going to take your mob, likewise if you *** up near me you can rest assured I will take your mob unless I personally know you.
exactly!
By Nyruul 2015-05-13 13:23:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Natenn said: »
Generally speaking though, you're right it is fair game but you'll still come off as a douche for doing it and people will remember.

Yeah but he doesn't care, and everyone already remembers him as that guy anyways lol.
thats how you survived in the HNM camping days, thrived being the better word considering who you address sir or madam.

Senkyuutai made the best arguement on the matter. Not gonna flood with the quote.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/46536/escha-zitah/10#2895456
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2015-05-13 13:30:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Senkyuutai made the best arguement on the matter. Not gonna flood with the quote.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/46536/escha-zitah/10#2895456
i raise you this
 Asura.Reichleiu
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2015-05-13 13:47:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
Just because something is fine by the rules doesn't mean you should do it.
I can *** my friend's gf, but is it something I should do?

It's relative...the err.. answer to that question
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-05-13 13:53:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Slyshen said: »

Those were the Alluvion Weapons.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-05-13 13:54:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Stop insulting each other, keep it civil, and stay on topic.

STAY ON TARGET. STAY ON TARGET.
YouTube Video Placeholder
By Nyruul 2015-05-13 14:00:28
Link | Quote | Reply

i raise you this

Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2015-05-13 14:11:00
Link | Quote | Reply

i just had a cupcake, is that a lie?
By Nyruul 2015-05-13 14:11:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Not if you share!
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2015-05-13 14:35:27
Link | Quote | Reply

well i already ate it
By Nyruul 2015-05-13 14:54:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't lie. I bet you have a cabinet specifically for cupcakes.
 Asura.Reichleiu
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2015-05-13 15:03:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't lie. I bet you have a cabinet specifically for cupcakes.

I just died laughing at my desk
By Nyruul 2015-05-13 15:17:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Cake is good. But it will never be the most of me.

Edit:
By jonroberts 2015-05-13 15:38:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Simple things please simple minds.
 Asura.Blittzjr
user: tripletee
By Asura.Blittzjr 2015-05-14 12:11:10
Link | Quote | Reply

protectorchrono said: »
Odin.Jsmooth said: »
I don't understand it either! You dont play or like xi? OK, great! Why in the world are you on a ffxi forum!!!! Makes no sense. The game isn't enjoyable? Ok. Why are you still posting/checking a forum for a game you dislike?

Build a bridge, get over it. General post to people that dislike the game, quit playing it, but still linger around to hate. It's like you got dumped by an that you just can't seem to get over!

It's the INTERNET dude. People can go where ever the heck they please. I mean geez it's like saying "why bother going to a job you hate" or something along those lines. I mean I hardly play but I still check the forum every day on my off time or when I'm bored and need a good read. I do so because I want too. Just the same as others who quit FFXI or don't play as often or much. Plus people probably want to keep informed about the latest happenings with the game or w/e and or they have friends on this forum they like keeping in contact with. Some don't need a reason to be here, other than they can, so get over it. :P

You obviously miss the point of us saying this to him. He comes on here being hypocritical so the statement made is valid.
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14