Forum » FFXI » General » Escha - Zi'Tah
Escha - Zi'Tah
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-06-01 15:14:22
Link | Quote | Reply

On the run we did last night, that's exactly what we figured out. After starting the fight, our RDM proceeded to Grav the thing and kite it around a log, which is now our favorite log. It could barely move, much less get close enough to Bad Breath us, and the RDM and the RNGs nuked/Jishnu'd it down fairly easy enough. Vallation with Unda runes seemed to lessen the DoT. Dropped some lixirs and an Eschan Breastplate.

Next was a bright red golem, which I also used Unda against...good thing, too, as it liked to spam Fire VI and various other toasty nukes. Crystal Weapon hurt a few melee, I didn't notice it much until I let Phalanx drop. At 1% it oneshot me somehow; I'm not really sure what happened there. Dies to DNC dark chains, unfortunately necessitating curebombing said DNC immediately afterward.

Next pop was a wyvern mob that also used fire-based attacks, and it was pretty weak overall. I think this guy dropped the Vanya Robe, immediately causing every mage in the party to drop everything and lot. Alas, I lost, but it was a easy win.

Then the wivre. This thing. Avoidance Down SUCKS, and by sucks I mean ".. Yeah I'm dead because I can't parry this sh!t". Boiling Blood should probably get dispelled ASAP, as should Granite Skin, but at that point our RDM had logged and I forgot to call up Koru. We came back in, deciding to try it with a pld, with similar results re: " GDI I can't block this isht and even PDT at cap isn't helping". Short of pulling a mythic out of thin air, neither of us are going to mitigate anything more.

Anyone have a good strategy for this guy? I want revenge.
 Asura.Hoshiku
Server: Asura
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-06-01 16:49:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of grav and kite, it won't work with Urmahlulu. He uses draw in pretty quickly if no target is in range.
 Sylph.Gobbo
Server: Sylph
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2015-06-01 18:19:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Seekerstar said: »

Gessho + Amchuchu OTP. We use SCH for SCs and GEO to beef up power, pretty much all the tier 1s die rather simply to magic bursts. For the last trust we bounce around between Karuha, Koru, or something similar.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-06-02 10:22:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Utsusemi does a real good job countering Avoidance Down. Gobbo mentioned Gessho + Amchuchu which is great combo, though using an actual RUN and/or NIN will render it a joke (unless your RUN and/or NIN are worse players than trusts, I suppose).
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-06-02 10:59:39
Link | Quote | Reply

When it comes to lowman T1s, Amchuchu, Gessho, and Apururu are the absolute dream team. Just bring a couple nukers, preferably SCHs for the mentioned SCs, and a GEO to beef them up, and the NMs should die incredibly fast.
[+]
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-06-02 11:41:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Utsusemi does a real good job countering Avoidance Down. Gobbo mentioned Gessho + Amchuchu which is great combo, though using an actual RUN and/or NIN will render it a joke (unless your RUN and/or NIN are worse players than trusts, I suppose).

I'd like to hope that both of mine are better than trusts, lol.

We'll give it a shot today probably.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-06-02 11:58:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Gobbo said: »

Gessho + Amchuchu OTP. We use SCH for SCs and GEO to beef up power, pretty much all the tier 1s die rather simply to magic bursts. For the last trust we bounce around between Karuha, Koru, or something similar.

...I think you just broke my brain with that OTP comment.

/dies laughing
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-06-03 09:05:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, so Amchuchu is normally my go-to trust tank for Escha NMs, but she got one-shot by Angrboda's Heavy Swing. She was tanking just fine up to that point.

Does anyone know if Gessho can blink that as well as survive the Golem's other TP moves?
By honeycomb 2015-06-06 01:50:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a form i can use too see what tier i have?
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-06-06 02:05:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm almost positive that NM Heavy Strikes go through shadows, so Gessho won't be any better than Amchuchu.
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2015-06-06 23:10:00
Link | Quote | Reply

That golem was a joke to tank on ninja, and no heavy strike doesn't go through shadows. His other tp moves could hurt, but nothing a cure5/6 can take care of.
 Leviathan.Krysten
Server: Leviathan
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-06-27 16:27:18
Link | Quote | Reply

any idea what good is to exp on 85-95?

cant seem to find something good XD
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14