Escha - Zi'Tah
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14
 Leviathan.Krysten
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-05-15 01:33:42
Link | Quote | Reply

has anyone got to do the new battle event yet?
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2015-05-15 01:46:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Just did Revetaur, spawned from any ??? by the leader by using the KI Revetaur's horn. Minotaur and the *** spams doom. Was not prepared. Had Holy Waters but not enough, and no WHM to raise. Easily kill-able by 3 119s and trusts, but doom turned it into a sideshow.

Emergency maintenance coming now or I'd do another.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-05-15 02:10:44
Link | Quote | Reply

im a bit behind on how getting KI pops where are they found lottery spwn nm or somehting?
 Leviathan.Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-05-15 02:13:33
Link | Quote | Reply

can anything be solod with trusts?

glad to hear stuff can be lowmanned!!!
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2015-05-15 02:16:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Get them from an NPC. Looks like more will become available, maybe as we clear a tier or something. He trades for certain items.

Can't be solo'd because you need at least 3 to spawn the NMs. Buffs are totally wiped. Trusts stay. If they're as "difficult" as the Taurus, without the Doom, probably could be solo'd. I solo'd an NM in there earlier but I don't know where it came from, was a Bugard. A BST died fighting it.
 Leviathan.Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-05-15 02:17:56
Link | Quote | Reply

hmmmmmmmmm so kinda a bit like unity then
 Leviathan.Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-05-15 02:18:28
Link | Quote | Reply

im assuming this were all the wepons and armor comes from
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2015-05-15 02:22:55
Link | Quote | Reply

We lost! I have no idea.
[+]
 Asura.Aldrai
Server: Asura
user: Aldrai
By Asura.Aldrai 2015-05-15 02:44:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Spawned "Lustful Lydia" Malboro NM, immediately used Bad Breath and wiped out the trusts. Definitely need a 5+PLD and ranged attacks on this one.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-05-15 02:48:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Definitely need a 5+PLD and ranged attacks on this one

With the recent changes to enmity generation via damage there shouldn't be any issue doing it with non-RNG's, just have them stand behind the NM. Breath attacks tend to be conal so as long as the PLD / RUN keep it facing away from everyone else, there shouldn't be any issues. If it has extremely bad breath then it might need to be stunned.
 Asura.Aldrai
user: Aldrai
By Asura.Aldrai 2015-05-15 02:53:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I was standing behind the NM when it used Bad Breath, it was AoE.
 Odin.Tamoa
Server: Odin
user: Tamoa
By Odin.Tamoa 2015-05-15 04:06:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried Ferrodon (a wivre) last night. 3 people + trusts. He'll cast T4 single target spells and T3 -agas. Batterhorn, clobber, boiling blood, granite skin - all the usual wivre stuff. Seems to have def down aura (a bad one), which eventually was our bane, hitting me for 575 damage as pld in capped -pdt. I got interrupted a lot too. Blink tanking is probably the way to go with this one, unless there's a gimmick to get rid of the aura.

For the few nms I've encountered in there (Beist, Muut and Ferrodon), I'd definitely want a whm, since trusts are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. Wiped to Beist at 1% because neither the whm trust nor Joachim would cast stona all of a sudden.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2015-05-15 05:04:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Did the Wyvern after the maintenance. Camlann's Talon or something. He does an AoE flame burst, about 700~900 dmg that also heavily paralyzes. It hurts. If that weren't enough, he can Radiant Breath for around 2200 HP. Couldn't eat the damage on THF. His melee was easily manageable, just the TP moves were annoying.
 Leviathan.Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-05-15 05:56:09
Link | Quote | Reply

they all sounds like there hugly annoying XD
 Leviathan.Cmartin
user: Smolenkos
By Leviathan.Cmartin 2015-05-15 06:05:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Angrboda - Red golem, similar fight to Largantua with added Fire VI and Volcanic something? Seemed to have a longer charge time at lower health and did considerably more damage. Used MS at some point. Just ride DT if Heavy Strike is becoming an issue. Dropped Lucidity Sash.

Cunnast - Red Wyvern, same as above post really. Radiant Breath is pretty powerful and an aoe heavy para move. Uses Brazen Rush at low HP. Used a PLD with DD behind it. Dropped Despair Finger Gauntlets.

Wepwawet - Cerberus, normal TP moves and Earth based elemental magic. Didn't see gates until 25%, nothing really threatening just slightly evasive. Dropped Clemency Grip.

Tried the Wivre too and as stated above it hits like a truck, would probably DD/NIN. Noticed it gained an avoidance down aura at some point, but nothing else worth noting.
[+]
 Odin.Tamoa
Server: Odin
user: Tamoa
By Odin.Tamoa 2015-05-15 06:38:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Cmartin said: »
Tried the Wivre too and as stated above it hits like a truck, would probably DD/NIN. Noticed it gained an avoidance down aura at some point, but nothing else worth noting.

Oh so that's what it was - I didn't actually check which debuff it was, just the icon in combination with the amount of damage his melee hits did made me think it was def down. But yeah avoidance down makes sense, that explains a lot.

Clobber can hurt, it 1shot the thf/dnc in my party, also one of the trust npcs.
[+]
 Leviathan.Cmartin
user: Smolenkos
By Leviathan.Cmartin 2015-05-15 07:36:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Tangata Manu - White harpeia, pretty straight forward fight. Used standard harpeia TP moves plus Keraunos Quill. Casts Haste II, occasionally got a white stagger when using WS? Dropped Eschite Cuisses and Psycloth Manillas.

Yali - Red coeurl, standard couerl TP moves plus Blink of Peril and Preternatural Gleam. Peril was hitting high 1600s, but woke up and remembered you can turn from it to avoid damage. Dropped Resonance Ring.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-05-15 10:19:48
Link | Quote | Reply

We fought Beist completely by accident, as it popped right on top of us. Started out with PLD/WAR and NIN/DNC, ended up allying to a party with a BLU, a WHM, and a BST before the kill because a wandering blu healed the pld and somehow took hate, so of course he ran literally across the zone..

No bead drop, just a couple eschalixir and one +1.
 Asura.Rach
By Asura.Rach 2015-05-15 10:51:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Correct me if I'm wrong(seriously please do), but from what I've noticed there are no accidents in popping the Escha Unity NMs. I have forced spawned Prickly Pitriv, Hugemaw Harold, Immanibugard, Jester Malatrix, as well as Beist all by killing the NQ family mobs. They pop like the fixed Despot PHs in sky. Kill a PH, get lucky, and UNM pops claimed to you whether you want it or not.
By Nyruul 2015-05-15 10:51:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Angierus said: »
I made the mistake thinking this thread would actually have information in it.

Yeah this thread should be nuked and a new one in its place. Honestly, I'm surprised it never got locked.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-05-15 11:03:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Rach said: »
Correct me if I'm wrong(seriously please do), but from what I've noticed there are no accidents in popping the Escha Unity NMs. I have forced spawned Prickly Pitriv, Hugemaw Harold, Immanibugard, Jester Malatrix, as well as Beist all by killing the NQ family mobs. They pop like the fixed Despot PHs in sky. Kill a PH, get lucky, and UNM pops claimed to you whether you want it or not.

It was an accident in the sense that we had NO clue it even existed. Yes, we'd killed all the shadow dragons in the area, some several times, because they were giving silt.
By baroma 2015-05-15 12:39:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Your text to link here...

BG thread has good info
 Leviathan.Edane
user: edane
By Leviathan.Edane 2015-05-19 00:33:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if already posted... got Rawhide Trousers from Angrboda
DEF: 112 HP +47 STR +33 VIT +16 AGI +24 INT +30 MND +17 CHR +11 magic accurary +20 evasion +38 magic evasion +69 magic def bonus +5 enhancing magic skill +10 haste +6% tactical parry +15.

Defeated by REveteur... has doom and another aoe atk
 Bahamut.Tychefm
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-05-21 09:03:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Angierus said: »
I made the mistake thinking this thread would actually have information in it.

Here have some solid new info of my findings copied from BG:

Quote:
Investigated JP wiki here http://wiki.ffo.jp/html/33607.html

Apparently there is a "hidden list" to trade things for KI:

Duskcrawler + Gravewood log = Blazewing's pincer
Ashweed + Gravewood log = Coven's Dust
Duskcrawler + Ashweed = Pazuzu's blade hilt

This is the only text the NPC gave me upon trade:

Checking the ??? with Coven's Dust reveals Content Level 135 fight.
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-05-21 10:25:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
Has anyone had a normal color coeurl spawn on top of them like explained above? I was just killing some level 70ish mobs and it popped on me and had extremely high accuracy and did a ton of dmg per hit killed me extremely quickly solo :/ Name started with a V if I remember correctly.

An LS mate jokingly trained a bunch of Coeurls to our pop location. 1 of the cats spawned Voso(?). I forgot the name of it, but if it's the same one you're referencing then yes, it wrecked us. We just weren't prepared for it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Tychefm
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-05-21 10:27:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
Has anyone had a normal color coeurl spawn on top of them like explained above? I was just killing some level 70ish mobs and it popped on me and had extremely high accuracy and did a ton of dmg per hit killed me extremely quickly solo :/ Name started with a V if I remember correctly.

Yeah random mobs can pop their corresponding UNM type in Escha wrecking any dreams to calmy exp on them for normal people. The prime example is "Beist" popping out of ShadowDragons and killing 90% of their poppers.

If you bought the "Rare Monster Chance+" with Vorseal you might want to give it back if you want to avoid accidents like that.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14