Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-05-21 10:30:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
Verda said: »
Has anyone had a normal color coeurl spawn on top of them like explained above? I was just killing some level 70ish mobs and it popped on me and had extremely high accuracy and did a ton of dmg per hit killed me extremely quickly solo :/ Name started with a V if I remember correctly.

Yeah random mobs can pop their corresponding UNM type in Escha wrecking any dreams to calmy exp on them for normal people. The prime example is "Beist" popping out of ShadowDragons and killing 90% of their poppers.

If you bought the "Rare Monster Chance+" with Vorseal you might want to give it back if you want to avoid accidents like that.

lol.. this is actually true! But, I'm holding onto mine.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-05-21 10:36:20
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are lucky to be a mage with decent gears you CAN sleep most of these UNMs and run away. I know for a fact Immanobugard and Beist sleep really well.
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-05-26 12:20:46
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are lucky to be a mage with decent gears you CAN sleep most of these UNMs and run away. I know for a fact Immanobugard and Beist sleep really well.

I saw your video on Vidala with GEO and SCH x2. Do you use this same setup and strategy on other NM's as well. I saw that Amchuchu got one-shot and Vidala was about to come for you guys, but you had his HP down at that moment.

Great work though.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-05-26 12:51:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, what fishing skill level is required (or recommended) for the Duskcrawlers in Escha?
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-05-26 12:54:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Until little Tyche gets chewed on by efts!

Kidding, of course. :D

Ninja edit: Verda, if you were in Coeurl camp, that was probably Voso, who really likes to CW unsuspecting ninja to death while said ninja waits for the paladin to get their happy *** back to Escha. Pretty sure I took about 600 more than my maximum in one electrical, shiny, death-dealing burst,

Actual information: I've fought the white Harpeia, who seemed ridiculously easy. Standard harpeia TP moves, casts Foil (?!) and Haste 2. Never saw Keraunos Quill, but I was RNG for this and stayed safely out of her range. She dropped MNK/SAM/NIN hat, I forget the name because I lost the lot (lol).

Savage Blade seemed to white proc her, she's also kinda vulnerable to dark SC.

Next we popped what we THOUGHT was going to be the orobon (That's not an orobon, Corian...) and ended up being a rafflesia. We'd lost a party member and were expecting Mayhem Lantern shenanigans, so we'd summoned up Amchuchu to hopefully keep enmity and eat charm.

Fooled us... this Hyosyca clone pops out to everyone's surprise.

It did indeed charm, though, and Amchuchu resisted, only to get taken down by the melee Corsair and the thief. Uses Full Bloom as well on charmed folks, so treat this guy like Yorcia Delve version. It died fairly quickly to our party of RNG COR WHM PLD THF, dropping some eschalixir +1 and a Rawhide Mask (which I remember because I did get it).

Escalating silt costs on tribulens suuuucks.
 Asura.Hoshiku
Server: Asura
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-05-26 13:20:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Avalon said: »
Also, what fishing skill level is required (or recommended) for the Duskcrawlers in Escha?

At 97 they reel themselves in. My friend was fishing them at 26 but he got the message that 'you don't know if you have the skill to reel this one in' but he fished them up no problem.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-05-26 13:21:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hoshiku said: »

At 97 they reel themselves in. My friend was fishing them at 26 but he got the message that 'you don't know if you have the skill to reel this one in' but he fished them up no problem.

Thank you.

Any particular bait? I've been trying with Insect Paste so far.
 Asura.Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-05-26 13:40:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lu shang and minnow. They're not the fastest catch in the world. I fished off and on for 6 hours (probably only about 2 of playtime) and I got 11 duskcrawlers.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-05-26 13:46:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Lu shang and minnow. They're not the fastest catch in the world. I fished off and on for 6 hours (probably only about 2 of playtime) and I got 11 duskcrawlers.

Ah, okay. I was using Paste instead of Minnow and kept fishing up Crabs and Pugils.
 Ragnarok.Drewbles
Server: Ragnarok
user: Tedril
By Ragnarok.Drewbles 2015-05-26 13:57:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Since several people said most of this thread isn't useful and couldn't find it anyway I'm sorry if this is a repeat question but... Does anybody know from what NM the skormoth mask drops?
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-05-26 14:04:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Drewbles said: »
Since several people said most of this thread isn't useful and couldn't find it anyway I'm sorry if this is a repeat question but... Does anybody know from what NM the skormoth mask drops?

Comes off Urmahlullu, who seems to be a reddish behemoth type thing like the ones found in Alluvion Skirmish. He's ilvl 135 and apparently holds the Onca Suit as well as the Eschan Stone.

All info shamelessly searched up from BG Forums.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-05-26 14:21:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Seekerstar said: »
Ragnarok.Drewbles said: »

Comes off Urmahlullu, who seems to be a reddish behemoth type thing like the ones found in Alluvion Skirmish. He's ilvl 135 and apparently holds the Onca Suit as well as the Eschan Stone.

All info shamelessly searched up from BG Forums.
The "behemoth thing" in question is referred to as an Elasmoth.

And the reason he's level 135, is because he's the tier 3.
 Asura.Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-05-26 14:21:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, okay. I was using Paste instead of Minnow and kept fishing up Crabs and Pugils.

You probably know this but the messages vary based on what you're fishing. The monster message (something clamps onto your line ferociously) and the item message (something pulling at your line) are different from the fish message. You will pull up a lot of dark bass while fishing for duskcrawlers. It might be possible to segregate bass from what you want by the amount of fight necessary to catch the fish although at my level I had some trouble doing that (so I just pulled up the bass as well). I think we're still limited to 200 catches a day.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-05-26 14:27:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Then there's the killer rabbit who reportedly has Endeath on its melee attacks....

Yes, somewhere in Vana'diel, there IS a bunny that will kick your ***.

Thank you, Bloodrose, for the name clarification.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-05-26 16:19:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Then there's the killer rabbit who reportedly has Endeath on its melee attacks....

Hipster Players: We want REAL content that can't be zerged, SE give us HARD NMs that take an alliance to kill so we can get extremely rare and exclusive gear to show off! We want world spawned NM's on a one week timer that only we can claim and none of those new worthless players!

SE: Sure here is a rabbit with endeath and high double attack

Hipster Players: WTF SE, what is this bullsh!t, a rabbit with endeath!

Next time you hear a hipster player talk about how they want "kings difficult" content with their rose glass's, remind them about this.
[+]
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2015-05-26 16:37:30
Link | Quote | Reply

There are a lot of way to deal with a mob having endeath so I doubt it's drop will be rare(unless 0.1% drop rate of course) :(
 Gilgamesh.Schmule
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Kloroform
By Gilgamesh.Schmule 2015-05-27 07:32:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Slightly off topic, but can anyone please tell me which moogles sell stuff once you have the KI?
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-05-27 07:38:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I know there are vendor moogles in Port Windurst and Port San d'Oria just outside of the moghouses; I assume the other would be in Port Bastok. They sell medicines and ammunition among other things.

I believe the moogles are named "Curio Vendor Moogle".
 Gilgamesh.Schmule
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Kloroform
By Gilgamesh.Schmule 2015-05-27 07:41:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you. I must have run straight past the one in Port San d'Oria assuming it was one of the other ones!!
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-05-27 10:21:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Found out a little trick to make Echa EXP just a tiny bit better by getting a little more burst of EXP whenever you want:

As many of us most likely figured out the new Rings last 12 hours. So whenever it's up you can precharge yourself for your next EXP session and then use it again later in the field.

However it's also possible to get Echad Rings on any of your mules and they surprisingly are sendable through POL. You can keep a spare one in your outbox and use it whenever you need it. Then do a switcharoo and take the unused ring with you to Escha.

This also works for the CP ring of course.
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-05-27 10:25:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Found out a little trick to make Echa EXP just a tiny bit better by getting a little more burst of EXP whenever you want:

As many of us most likely figured out the new Rings last 12 hours. So whenever it's up you can precharge yourself for your next EXP session and then use it again later in the field.

However it's also possible to get Echad Rings on any of your mules and they surprisingly are sendable through POL. You can keep a spare one in your outbox and use it whenever you need it. Then do a switcharoo and take the unused ring with you to Escha.

This also works for the CP ring of course.

I cycle through 3 CP rings now and it's great.

Did you by chance see my question for you a few posts up?
 Bismarck.Lizk
Server: Bismarck
user: alucar
By Bismarck.Lizk 2015-05-27 10:42:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Is this escha stuff an abyssea like zone where everyone can get in at the same time?
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-05-27 10:53:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I saw your video on Vidala with GEO and SCH x2. Do you use this same setup and strategy on other NM's as well. I saw that Amchuchu got one-shot and Vidala was about to come for you guys, but you had his HP down at that moment.

Great work though.

Yeah pretty much any T1 NM.

Amchuchu can get 1 shotted by the Tiger but Geshoo is a an excellent blink tank after that. Amchuchus Valiance fastcast lasts for 3 minutes and the NM should be dead by then. Even if the an NM comes for us the SCHs are still able to push hate onto him with caper emissarius if need be.

Since the Lense wait time can get pretty boring we even did 1 Tiger with Nashmeira and her 2 Automatons for fun. Mnejing got beaten up pretty hard but we still won np
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-05-27 10:58:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Great work though.

Yeah pretty much any T1 NM.

Amchuchu can get 1 shotted by the Tiger but Geshoo is a an excellent blink tank after that. Amchuchus Valiance fastcast lasts for 3 minutes and the NM should be dead by then. Even if the an NM comes for us the SCHs are still able to push hate onto him with caper emissarius if need be.

Since the Lense wait time can get pretty boring we even did 1 Tiger with Nashmeira and her 2 Automatons for fun. Mnejing got beaten up pretty hard but we still won np

Did you happen to notice a correlation with how often Vidala levels up? I've found very little data or solid information regarding Roar. BG had Vidala listed as weak to fire but then I saw you guys use ice exclusively. So we're unsure if SC'ing is leveling it up or what's going on.

Malaise and Languor from the GEO I assume?
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-05-27 11:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Did you happen to notice a correlation with how often Vidala levels up? I've found very little data or solid information regarding Roar. BG had Vidala listed as weak to fire but then I saw you guys use ice exclusively. So we're unsure if SC'ing is leveling it up or what's going on.

I have not much information on the leveling up. It will level up 1-2 times for us and then run out of HP. If luck is on our side and both our SCHs Modus Veritas land like in the Video 1 Helix tick will take off 6% from it's HP.

We using Malaise and Acumen. The content level is only 119 for T1 NMs and we have no trouble with resists there as career mages.

As a result I really don't know what the Tiger is weak to. ICE is just our go-to Element when we have no specific information for the +12 INT from Hailstorm.

Also posting the video you mentioned if ppl from FFXIAH were curious:

YouTube Video Placeholder

Also killed it with 1x SCH 1x GEO and 1x THF (who didn't hit a lot). TH doesn't seem to do too much on T1s at least. Never got a double gear drop in around 20 NMs.
[+]
 Bahamut.Lordesequiel
user: Esequiel
By Bahamut.Lordesequiel 2015-05-27 11:27:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I hit it enough to get TH on it :/ And at least everyone got Lappas in the end lol
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-05-27 11:40:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

I have not much information on the leveling up. It will level up 1-2 times for us and then run out of HP. If luck is on our side and both our SCHs Modus Veritas land like in the Video 1 Helix tick will take off 6% from it's HP.

We using Malaise and Acumen. The content level is only 119 for T1 NMs and we have no trouble with resists there as career mages.

As a result I really don't know what the Tiger is weak to. ICE is just our go-to Element when we have no specific information for the +12 INT from Hailstorm.

Also posting the video you mentioned if ppl from FFXIAH were curious:

YouTube Video Placeholder

Also killed it with 1x SCH 1x GEO and 1x THF (who didn't hit a lot). TH doesn't seem to do too much on T1s at least. Never got a double gear drop in around 20 NMs.

Sweet. Thanks for the very helpful information.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-05-31 14:03:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Lustful Lydia sucks, just saying.

I was part of a party who fought two NMs yesterday, probably easy ones to some of you. (And random Immanibugard that my whm brought me as a present....yaaayy...just what I wanted)

The first was Gestalt, a hecteyes NM that didn't have a lot of evasion that I noticed. I was RUN/WAR, as I'd been warned about lots of fire spells. Other jobs included SMN, DRG, MNK, WHM (Thank god...), NIN, SCH, and DNC.

Lots of fire, check.

WAY more Impact and Curse. Runes and MDT reduced the fire damage to manageable and almost negligible levels, but God I think I got Impacted at least twenty times. It also had what I think was Dread Spikes, which made our dual wielders and mnk very unhappy. Atomos took care of this most of the time, except when the melee ate an untimely Firaja while Vallation was down, so the SMN popped out Cait Sith for an Arisega. Thanks to excellent whm attention and me not being Para'd out of Provoke, Gestalt went down, dropping a pair of shoes that summoners would probably like.

So, morbol time. I'd been told that Sweet Breath was a possibility, and that it didn't use Extremely Bad Breath at all. I slapped up triple Tenebrae, thinking it would reduce the charm chances, and we move in to attack, hitting it easily.

Bad Breath occurred then, and suddenly the world went to hell in a handbasket. Every negative status ailment in creation landed on pretty much everybody, and usage of Remedies (over and over because para sucks) did NOT stop the 200+/tick Burn that dropped folks one by one. I finally died, everyone else already had, because SE sucks and didn't give rune cures that are actually effective. :P

Seems this one is a rng and geo and tank fight. So, we tried, and here I'm sharing.
 Asura.Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-05-31 17:06:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Lustful Lydia is ridiculously weak to magic damage. That was one of the fastest T1 fights we did.
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14