Escha - Zi'Tah
First Page 2 3 4 ... 12 13 14
 Quetzalcoatl.Senyn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Senyn
By Quetzalcoatl.Senyn 2015-05-11 13:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh. My. God. so much disappointment and it's only page two.... I can't wait to read the rest that gets posted.

It must be my birthday today to get this much entertainment without having to post myself.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-05-11 13:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Everything is derided by the community until it actually releases. All the anti-Abyssea folk wouldn't have a game if we were still sucking Fafnirs *** for an Ebody. Nvm Age of Yilbegan, Fay Augments and Evoliths ***up the game so bad.

But carry on. Grayscale actually makes me feel sombre that the memories of the game are fading to darkness.

Wireframe final zone! *system error* Fission Mailed.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2015-05-11 13:40:29
Link | Quote | Reply

This is the final stretch of content for XI, so it might not be wise to take it at face value. If Matsui was serious about his "wanting the game to last a long time", then I suspect this content has been on the planning floor for some time.

Anyroad, I'm interested to see if they're going to maybe dangle yet another set of super weapons ala Abyssea to keep all these new zones relevant. Nobody can ignore that the current playerbase of XI will just clear out the old and move onto the new these days due to how poorly rewards are handled anymore, leaving straggler players in the dust to /sh for clears, so hopefully there is some design reasons to make that not the case this time.

Also agree with others, that hopefully there isn't the usual Abyssea / Dyna music issue of "One song to dull them all" going on here. Zi'tah is known for its size and music, and MAYBE stubborness of Keeper of Halidom not popping. Hopefully they get at least 2/3 right with this re-imagining.
 Lakshmi.Leosin
user: Leosin
By Lakshmi.Leosin 2015-05-11 14:00:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
Honestly I get the impression there's an extreme amount of people that stick around just to share their misery with the rest the world, it isn't aimed at anything SE has or hasn't done as much as it comes from within. As they say, misery loves company. Negativity rules this site from time to time, and the only bright lights are pepole like Sparth who can counter it with gallons of sardonic/saracastic/ironic humor. But I feel like that's more a survival mechanism. The raw positive posts are rare, and it doesn't matter what it is from or about, people come here to gripe because they know there's others that will listen to it. Which makes the entire mechanization a black hole of negative emotions. Darkalina and a few others post positive comments, giving off an impression their life's happiness doesn't depend on something being so entertaining as to blow them away. It's like a lot of you go from game to game filling your brain with instant gratification after instant gratification till you're jaded and dried up and senile with no love left for anything, maybe least of all yourself.

Maybe if you'd stop complaining so much you'd enjoy life a bit more. And even if you can't stand the way it is for whatever reason, try doing something about it. And I don't mean SE's development cycle or limited dev team.

Notice how I only mentioned by name people I'm complimenting. And I am not condemning you if you really don't like the updates everyone is free to an opinion. But if my post hits home for you, or you are taking it personally, maybe what I said actually does have a lot to do with you and you should think about it.

^ This.
Damn good post.
[+]
By Nyruul 2015-05-11 14:02:31
Link | Quote | Reply

They already released news one of the last ones will have entirely new zones, the first two releases will have alternate versions of current zones...

I forgot about that actually.

I wouldn't doubt it would be ONE entirely new zone. Also most likely not entirely, I'm sure it will be riddled with recycled textures and a very typical layout. Hopefully not a BCNM type zone like others are expecting though.

I was hugely disappointed with SoA zones and when I read that SE was at a loss and seeked advice from other MMO companies for zone designs I was humored.

But if my post hits home for you, or you are taking it personally, maybe what I said actually does have a lot to do with you and you should think about it.

Lol if that even was to hit the nail on anyone it would never actually hit home for them. No one like that is going to humble themselves.

Edit: I just think you got a little too speculative at some points in that post.
[+]
By Draylo 2015-05-11 14:03:03
Link | Quote | Reply

They won't stop until this forum is no more most likely. They are mentally ill and need help.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2015-05-11 14:29:39
Link | Quote | Reply

So much crying, jesus. This is the end folks. Savor it. Have a good time.
By Zululu 2015-05-11 14:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Hopefully we'll see north, south island and far east yet. They said they weren't allowed to say anything about this in the interview; and, they were smiling.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-05-11 14:34:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I would be fine even with just artworks and getting to know them in the form of a tale without actually going there, at this point I'll take what I can get.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-05-11 14:37:35
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a lot of unexplored lore and territory within the game. It would be great to see some of it, even just in conversations or discussion. As much as I'd love an expansive new zone from the far east or any of the other untouched areas, I'd be pretty happy just seeing some talk about those places.

Here's hoping Escha will end up being executed properly, because it may turn out quite nicely if it is.
By barkley1 2015-05-11 14:46:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
Lakshmi.Rooks said: »
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Escha-Beaucedine

Shut up, do not give them ideas

Echa-Yhoator Jungle

Echa-abyssea....

...minds are blown...
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2015-05-11 14:47:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Chilzen said: »
This is the final stretch of content for XI, so it might not be wise to take it at face value. If Matsui was serious about his "wanting the game to last a long time", then I suspect this content has been on the planning floor for some time.

Anyroad, I'm interested to see if they're going to maybe dangle yet another set of super weapons ala Abyssea to keep all these new zones relevant. Nobody can ignore that the current playerbase of XI will just clear out the old and move onto the new these days due to how poorly rewards are handled anymore, leaving straggler players in the dust to /sh for clears, so hopefully there is some design reasons to make that not the case this time.

Also agree with others, that hopefully there isn't the usual Abyssea / Dyna music issue of "One song to dull them all" going on here. Zi'tah is known for its size and music, and MAYBE stubborness of Keeper of Halidom not popping. Hopefully they get at least 2/3 right with this re-imagining.
Maby instead of another set of super weapon's maby use this new content for one last upgrade to current r/m/e weapons?
 Sylph.Kuwoobie
user: Kuwoobie
By Sylph.Kuwoobie 2015-05-11 14:49:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I was under the impression that there would be a mix of new and reskinned zones (think Wings of the Goddess). I guess we'll have to wait and see.
By protectorchrono 2015-05-11 14:57:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
They won't stop until this forum is no more most likely. They are mentally ill and need help.

This isn't the only FFXI forum out there you know. There are plenty out there that people will voice their opinions on regardless if FFXIAH goes down or not. Also, this is the INTERNET. Just because someone expresses their opinions that are the polar opposite of yours doesn't mean they are mentally ill, it just means they have a different viewpoint than you.

Also, you're nonchalant way of using "mentally ill" to condemn people for their opinions is immature and makes light of those who actually are mentally ill.
By Draylo 2015-05-11 15:05:51
Link | Quote | Reply

The truth hurts eh?
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2015-05-11 15:06:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Ryanx said: »
Maby instead of another set of super weapon's maby use this new content for one last upgrade to current r/m/e weapons?

I could see that being the case as well, since they truly are due for another push in power. Lot of easy to obtain weapons these days that can overpower massive time sink weapons is a mixed bag of design for longevity. I mean it's awesome to have a 160 DMG sword I can customize that took honestly two days to get from A. Yorica, but even I admit the true champions deserve a boost to make them worthy of future grinding. For the amount of effort required to get an REM to 119, I honestly hope they buff em once more to stand supreme, just so people will continue to grind them and I got a Vana'diel to check in on as a result.

Also wouldn't mind seeing SE put in one more set of pretty awesome weapons to grind away at, since I am a Grand Greedalox, and this game really does have some beautiful weapons within it.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Leosin
By Lakshmi.Leosin 2015-05-11 15:36:26
Link | Quote | Reply

For the amount of effort required to get an REM to 119, I honestly hope they buff em once more to stand supreme

FFS I wish they'd just adjust the bottleneck that is gathering hmp and cinders/dross.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-05-11 15:37:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Leosin said: »
For the amount of effort required to get an REM to 119, I honestly hope they buff em once more to stand supreme

FFS I wish they'd just adjust the bottleneck that is gathering hmp and cinders/dross.

I'd love to see Ancient coins/Alexandrite/HMP/Rift* buyable with Cruor 2.0.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Leosin
By Lakshmi.Leosin 2015-05-11 15:48:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Agreed!
Maybe even some form of currency exchange like the seal system.
Rotting currency like cruor/allied notes/isp etc. would be lovely to re-purpose.
By protectorchrono 2015-05-11 16:00:09
Link | Quote | Reply

The truth hurts eh?

You disgust me. You're no different than those who have different opinions than you, and yet you think you're immune to the same stereotype you portray to those who have a different viewpoint than you.
[+]
By Draylo 2015-05-11 16:09:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Right, because I go to a game that I hate and constantly post on their forums 24/7 to bother the people who enjoy it. That's totally a fair comparison. You are one to talk, you +1 any negative post about FFXI at all. You clearly are just taking out your anger towards the game on anyone that still enjoys it. I "disgust" you, lol what a laugh. I am one of the only remaining people on these forums that still enjoys FFXI and doesn't trash talk it 24/7 and yet I am the one who is disgusting instead of the people who quit ages ago who still come here to bother people all the time. I don't know how you wouldn't think that is someone who is mentally ill. What sane person goes to a forum of a game they quit EVERY DAY and posts stupid ***just to upset others? That just says "I need help" to me more than anything else.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-05-11 16:43:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Leosin said: »

Agreed!
Maybe even some form of currency exchange like the seal system.
Rotting currency like cruor/allied notes/isp etc. would be lovely to re-purpose.
>rotting
>IS
Speaking of, what's an efficient/quick way of farming IS? Mirrors have a shitty cooldown.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2015-05-11 16:45:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Right, because I go to a game that I hate and constantly post on their forums 24/7 to bother the people who enjoy it. That's totally a fair comparison. You are one to talk, you +1 any negative post about FFXI at all. You clearly are just taking out your anger towards the game on anyone that still enjoys it. I "disgust" you, lol what a laugh. I am one of the only remaining people on these forums that still enjoys FFXI and doesn't trash talk it 24/7 and yet I am the one who is disgusting instead of the people who quit ages ago who still come here to bother people all the time. I don't know how you wouldn't think that is someone who is mentally ill. What sane person goes to a forum of a game they quit EVERY DAY and posts stupid ***just to upset others? That just says "I need help" to me more than anything else.

Jesus bro... still? Your like the Bizaro Valli now but just as rhetorical.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-05-11 16:47:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
I'd like to solve my MDT belt option.
Was thinking about this the other day myself lol. Checked how many IS I needed and said *** it I can live without.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-05-11 16:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, the best way to get IS is probably vouchers.
[+]
By Draylo 2015-05-11 16:55:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Or Besieged if its up but yeah vouchers are best.
 Sylph.Kuwoobie
user: Kuwoobie
By Sylph.Kuwoobie 2015-05-11 17:21:30
Link | Quote | Reply

protectorchrono said: »

This isn't the only FFXI forum out there you know. There are plenty out there that people will voice their opinions on regardless if FFXIAH goes down or not. Also, this is the INTERNET. Just because someone expresses their opinions that are the polar opposite of yours doesn't mean they are mentally ill, it just means they have a different viewpoint than you.

Also, you're nonchalant way of using "mentally ill" to condemn people for their opinions is immature and makes light of those who actually are mentally ill.

There's a pretty huge difference between having a different opinion and deliberately dreaming one up they know will be unpopular for the sake of creating drama. They actually are mentally ill.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 ... 12 13 14