First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14
By caseyanthony 2015-05-11 07:38:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Asura.Vinedrius said: »
Source quote:
Quote:
FINAL FANTASY XI’s major version updates will conclude with the November 2015 iteration, when Rhapsodies of Vana’diel is scheduled to reach its thrilling climax. We will, however, continue implementing ordinary version updates that focus on balance adjustments and bug fixes.

Keyword: Focus. I don't remember them saying they wouldn't add anything ever. They are very proficient in recycling content <.< They can very easily add more Unity NMs, or 119 upgrades for Salvage. Would they care to do that? I don't know.

From a Q&A posted on the FFXI Forum

Quote:
After stopping major version updates, besides bug fixes and balance adjustments, will you continue to implement new content, features, spells, and such?
A: Essentially what we will be doing is data adjustments. Adding new content, for example Dynamis II or such, would be difficult. However, it's possible to make additions that do not rely on development tools. We have yet to specifically decide on what we will be doing in terms of updates, but we are thinking about easing and eliminating restrictions for content that is limited by congestion countermeasures. Additionally, we are planning to fix bugs and make balance adjustments based on player feedback. Instead of focusing resources towards the addition of new content, we will be focusing all our power on making current content easier to get into. We’d like to create a world that players will be able to return to any time.

To me, that says clearly they are not adding anything new. Only bug fixes, game balancing, and adjusting current content to make it easier for people to enter and complete as the server populations continue to dwindle.

That is exctly what they mean, you don't hold a press confrence then go back on your word, Saevel and others like him are once again setting themselves up for disappointment.
[+]
 Asura.Vinedrius
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-05-11 07:44:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Camiie said: »
Rhapsodies of Vana'diel is the expansion-style missions you had been hoping for, calm down. This is similar to Dynamis and RoZ, Limbus and CoP, Salvage and ToAU... Escha and RoV.

I spare you any meme pictures, but seriously telling me to calm down? You should know better.

It was a needlessly aggresive post and I addressed it accordingly. You are complaining about the absence of something that you should have known that pretty soon will be added. RoV will start with the May update and this is just a side content that comes with it. If you don't want to grind... don't. I am just saying those "expansion-style missions" you had been hoping for is around the corner.
By FaeQueenCory 2015-05-11 07:46:28
Link | Quote | Reply

"We'll be adding a new 'dynamis-like' content for Rhapsodies."
*Esha is infinitely more Abyssean than Dynamic*
0__0
It looks like it could be fun... Maybe.
Was never a fan of Abyssea in terms of endgame... Cause it was just kill NM x100000...
Of course this could also not be the "dynamis-like" content too... Smh
The second RoV update will codify this.

But I can for certain say that any augmentation that is not airlixer style... ***. That. Noise. (A!skirmish is just passable for armor... Still sucks for weapons.)
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-05-11 07:49:19
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
0__0
It looks like it could be fun... Maybe.
Was never a fan of Abyssea in terms of endgame... Cause it was just kill NM x100000...
Of course this could also not be the "dynamis-like" content too... Smh
The second RoV update will codify this.

But I can for certain say that any augmentation that is not airlixer style... ***. That. Noise. (A!skirmish is just passable for armor... Still sucks for weapons.)

Actually, some of the Alluvian Skirmish weapons are the best, or nearly the best. Bow, H2H, Nuking Staff to name a few
 Asura.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-05-11 07:54:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, some of the Alluvian Skirmish weapons are the best, or nearly the best. Bow, H2H, Nuking Staff to name a few

And that is the main problem. REM requires lots of gil too but you know what you are getting. Delve and AF1/2 reforged are worth what 3m at most? Some people are wasting tens of millions for a single augment on a piece of skirmish gear.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-05-11 08:05:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Source quote:
Quote:
FINAL FANTASY XI’s major version updates will conclude with the November 2015 iteration, when Rhapsodies of Vana’diel is scheduled to reach its thrilling climax. We will, however, continue implementing ordinary version updates that focus on balance adjustments and bug fixes.

Keyword: Focus. I don't remember them saying they wouldn't add anything ever. They are very proficient in recycling content <.< They can very easily add more Unity NMs, or 119 upgrades for Salvage. Would they care to do that? I don't know.

From a Q&A posted on the FFXI Forum

Quote:
After stopping major version updates, besides bug fixes and balance adjustments, will you continue to implement new content, features, spells, and such?
A: Essentially what we will be doing is data adjustments. Adding new content, for example Dynamis II or such, would be difficult. However, it's possible to make additions that do not rely on development tools. We have yet to specifically decide on what we will be doing in terms of updates, but we are thinking about easing and eliminating restrictions for content that is limited by congestion countermeasures. Additionally, we are planning to fix bugs and make balance adjustments based on player feedback. Instead of focusing resources towards the addition of new content, we will be focusing all our power on making current content easier to get into. We’d like to create a world that players will be able to return to any time.

To me, that says clearly they are not adding anything new. Only bug fixes, game balancing, and adjusting current content to make it easier for people to enter and complete as the server populations continue to dwindle.

No it doesn't, they are saying exactly what I said.

Quote:
Nahh the game will be kept running for quite some time and I highly doubt SE will cease all content production. They will never release another set of major content like SoA, but I can easily see minor things like newer NM's or revamped old ones that drop newer gear. I can envision a retuning of older zones or even a way to upgrade Salvage / NNI gear to 119. Nothing super big that requires new textures, zones or models, but simply upgrading and expanding what's already present. Audio / Visual work is what takes up oodles of developer man hours which they now want to focus towards FFXIV 2.0, doing everything else can be done with minimal staff.

No new models, zones or other resources since that would require a lot of work but adjusting and expanding existing data structures is possible. That stuff is extremely easy to do, you create a new monster and copy over an existing template (model / stats / ect..), edit the stats you need to and then add a drop pool. On next version compile it gets added into the global resources to be spawned. That takes all of 10 minutes to do, assuming you already have the items created and stored as their own resource. Designing a new item would be the same, make a new item then copy over an existing item template, edit the values you want to, then save it off as a resource with a unique item ID. That is all UNM's and the item spawned NM's are, copy & paste work that takes very little designer time and is easily implementable.

I said they won't do any more major updates like SoA, but that small content releases involving revamped NMs and loot are easily possible. For Salvage 119 they could have an NPC in Whitegate be the trader. Create item spawned versions of the ToAU HNMs that upon defeat drop, either individual or alliance, the items required to upgrade the Salvage pieces. For NNI you can just have the NPC give you a token for each platinum astrarium with each piece of NNI gear requiring a certain number of tokens to upgrade to 119 stats. This would be piss easy to implement, an hour or two, maybe three worth of number balancing to create the rewards, then another hour worth of coding for the NPCs and reward mechanism. Give another two hours of debugging, in case they screw something as simple as this up, and the entire thing took one day with a single developer.

That is the kinds of stuff I'm expecting from them, nothing like Delve / Skirmish or other big "system" type content, but rather more spawned / poped NMs with some unique loot thrown in. I only mention Salvage / NNI because there is a huge reward set that could, with minimal developer time, be turned into a giant, fairly enjoyable, time sink for players.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-05-11 08:06:54
Link | Quote | Reply

And that is the main problem. REM requires lots of gil too but you know what you are getting. Delve and AF1/2 reforged are worth what 3m at most? Some people are wasting tens of millions for a single augment on a piece of skirmish gear.

Don't get me wrong. I hate the random augment system. I would rather it have been more like Delve, and we be allowed to pick an augment, and then the NQ/+1/+2 stones have a chance of increasing it. Like NQ has a 10% chance, +1 has a 50% chance, and +2 has a 100% chance.
By Nyruul 2015-05-11 08:36:38
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »

**Escha will be infinitely abysmal and anything but dynamic.**
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-05-11 08:38:40
Link | Quote | Reply

called it
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-05-11 09:10:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ackeronll said: »
Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
Been selling everything with value since I came back, I hope they demolish Alluvion's gear as I really don't like the stone augment system.
I like grinding for something set in stone, the randomness of stones is disgusting.

Quote:
Escha Beads
Escha beads are spherical objects that can be wrested from the corpses of notorious monsters residing in Escha - Zi'Tah and can be used to engrave equipment found there with arcane glyptics.

Get ready for disappointment!
I'm hoping for a Wildskeeper augment system. It's not perfect (though it could easily be updated to match the current Alluvion system) but it's preferable to the stone ***.
 Bahamut.Aelissa
Server: Bahamut
user: Ivinora
By Bahamut.Aelissa 2015-05-11 09:11:50
Link | Quote | Reply

not what i was hoping for, but i knew not to get my hopes up anyway so not that upset about it really... I just hope that by november they add something that can still kinda suprise me in a good way (in some way or form)... .
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-05-11 09:17:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Zone better have Zi'Tah music or a remix all day.

Zi'Tah isn't Zi'Tah without the music. Also, dodged a bullet on Escha-Beaucedine.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-05-11 10:22:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Escha-Beaucedine

Shut up, do not give them ideas
[+]
 Bahamut.Tychefm
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-05-11 10:33:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Rooks said: »
Escha-Beaucedine

Echa-Yhoator Jungle
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-05-11 10:40:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
Escha-Beaucedine

Echa-Yhoator Jungle

CoP zone next! Attohwa for the loss.
 Asura.Ajirha
user: Ajirha
By Asura.Ajirha 2015-05-11 11:01:57
Link | Quote | Reply

So from pink Abyssea to fifty shade of grey Escha.

not sure which will eventually be the worse
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-05-11 11:18:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Haters gonna hate. Old XI was dead before Abyssea and Saevel aptly described why it was overall positive and how to avoid its pitfalls.

Bring on the Abyssea model pls. Preferably for JP.
[+]
 Leviathan.Vienne
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Vienne 2015-05-11 11:27:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ajirha said: »

Dunno...if its fifty shade of grey escha i might wanna try it out, but only if its written better then those books :D
By protectorchrono 2015-05-11 11:59:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »
Leviathan.Vienne said: »
whats next VW 2.0?
No, next is gonna be something called "oblivion". Given how the next 2 patches will be the same as this (i.e. 2 new Escha copypaste zones) and after that absolutely nothing as no more content patches will be released.

Not saying this is going to be good or that I like it (because I don't), but at the same time I doubt there's any space for us to act "surprised" anymore.

Nahh the game will be kept running for quite some time and I highly doubt SE will cease all content production. They will never release another set of major content like SoA, but I can easily see minor things like newer NM's or revamped old ones that drop newer gear. I can envision a retuning of older zones or even a way to upgrade Salvage / NNI gear to 119. Nothing super big that requires new textures, zones or models, but simply upgrading and expanding what's already present. Audio / Visual work is what takes up oodles of developer man hours which they now want to focus towards FFXIV 2.0, doing everything else can be done with minimal staff.

Quote:
I highly doubt SE will cease all content production. They will never release another set of major content like SoA, but I can easily see minor things like newer NM's or revamped old ones that drop newer gear. I can envision a retuning of older zones or even a way to upgrade Salvage / NNI gear to 119.

This is SE were talking about...remember not to set your hopes up to high with them.

Honestly, this Abyssea style way to start off RoV is disappointing. If I wanted grayed out areas I'd watch old 1950's style black/white colored television LOL.

Abyssea color schemes I have dealt with, but all grayed it is a bit much. It would have been nice if they gave us new areas and I'm not talking about the worthless Leafalia and Outer Ra'kaznar Inner Turris areas with literally nothing there nice color and nothing else...didn't even have any music which I can think of plenty of themes that could have been used (Forest theme from FF: Mystic Quest for Leafallia lol), I'm talking new areas that are BRAND NEW with new monsters to fight and scenery I can actually say "wow I wouldn't mind grinding or farming here."

But to bring back the timer thing from abyssea is a like a slap in the face. What's next Escha traverser stones? Kill statues for extra time?

SE, this is the last year you're doing new content, at the very least make it worthwhile to really go out on a high note with instead of recycling REALLY old areas/content and passing them off as new with just grayed out surroundings. Not asking for expansion style overhaul areas, but for add-ons least give us something new.

I mean RoV is not out yet so maybe I'm downgrading it to fast, but from past history with what SE has done, this new content is starting off as a fail imo. Maybe November's final add-on will be the one that might turn it around as they "claim" they will be adding a "new area", but I'm not getting my hopes up with SE's promises anymore. Guess only time will tell how this content will turn out but right now, it's not looking too appealing to me.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-05-11 12:24:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Eww gross, abyssea rehash. Yeah that's pretty sad. Well, this won't last very long then.

There goes hope for an area similar to sky/sea. That's a shame.

Being bathed in buffs and mythic weapons, I wouldn't expect any sort of challenge.
[+]
By Nyruul 2015-05-11 12:27:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Vienne said: »
Asura.Ajirha said: »

Dunno...if its fifty shade of grey escha i might wanna try it out, but only if its written better then those books :D

I don't think you want something similar that is written by Japanese. lol

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
Escha-Beaucedine

Echa-Yhoator Jungle

Escha-Yorcia would be the worse. I had not ever traveled that zone legitimately until more recently.
 Bismarck.Lizk
user: alucar
By Bismarck.Lizk 2015-05-11 12:35:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Haters gonna hate.

Are you underage?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-05-11 12:50:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends. Do I need an adult?
 Cerberus.Ganlere
user: Ganlere
By Cerberus.Ganlere 2015-05-11 12:58:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Developers said it would be a rehash like a dynamis zone, not dynamis itself. Yes, it sounds like abyssea in many ways, but there are fine differences.

The hour time limit is only for vorseals: The effects from vorseals will fade away one hour after entering Escha - Zi'Tah, but this timer can be reset by leaving and re-entering the area.

You can stay in and not use vorseals. Nothing stated about a time limit in the zone.

From the picture trust can be used.

Mobs should give Exp and CP.

Engraving system, sigh.

Part of KI for NMs is purchased and other part sounds like it drops from mobs in the zone. We'll see if there is a stagger system of any kind.

Overall small differences. Silt is replacing bayld. Vorseals replace atmas. Those expecting something radically new should have known better from the get go. This zone will either be lively for a few months or dead in week, unless they become the new CP camps.
By Nyruul 2015-05-11 13:01:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Ganlere said: »
The hour time limit is only for vorseals: The effects from vorseals will fade away one hour after entering Escha - Zi'Tah, but this timer can be reset by leaving and re-entering the area.

You can stay in and not use vorseals. Nothing stated about a time limit in the zone.

Yeah but these Vorseals are giving buffs which are probably going to be necessary to clear content in there. So when you boil it down it's the same. Of course with what is giving atm what does any of us really know for the time being. Other than...

Escha will be infinitely abysmal and anything but dynamic.
 Asura.Ivlilla
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-05-11 13:06:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends. Do I need an adult?

I am an adult.
[+]
 Cerberus.Logical
user: cronix
By Cerberus.Logical 2015-05-11 13:22:19
Link | Quote | Reply

This content looks terrible. Abyssea was all right as far as it went back in the day, but this looks like it rolls together a lot of things that annoy people...a random augment system, potential time limits, zoning in and out, atma-equivalent (perhaps?), rehashed zones on a grey color scale....I suspect that this will only hasten the flood to private servers or non-XI/non-XIV games.
By Draylo 2015-05-11 13:22:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks interesting, Abyssea lasted a while at something like 3+ years and people still do it. I wonder if they will introduce new weapons for us to do like REM, if not it wont last as long as Abyssea.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-05-11 13:24:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
Eww gross, abyssea rehash. Yeah that's pretty sad. Well, this won't last very long then.

There goes hope for an area similar to sky/sea. That's a shame.

Being bathed in buffs and mythic weapons, I wouldn't expect any sort of challenge.
As long as they don't force groups, dual/tri box and HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE key item setups (while RR was a fun Atma, there was no equivalent for non crit WSs to compare), I think it'll be fine if it's filled with a lot of content.
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14