BLU in Delve
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 10 11 12
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-10-18 12:33:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Except the whole point is that the difference in weaponskill damage is made up by the difference in WS frequences...all I did was counter a negligable amount of damage from lost over TP rounds with a negligable amount of damage from white damage.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-10-18 12:35:54
Link | Quote | Reply

But the difference in WS damage isn't made up by the difference in WS frequencies. Any loss koga sustains is adding more loss, and the issue of WS delay making koga's "better" frequency (albeit by a small amount over 3hit tsuru+yoichi) is bigger than the amount of extra damage you get from white damage, let alone skillchain and weaponskill damage. This is also before considering other possible buff differences outside of Miser's, but I can't be bothered to actually go and look at what that would be, Miser's is good enough to begin with.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-18 15:05:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
Quote:
as far as the blu thread thing, there really isn't a lot more to say about the actual topic. anyone who tries to imply that delve can't be done with basically any DD is a raving moron, and you probably don't want to play with them anyway.
Basically, it would be more "How does Blu handle matamata!?"

This is how I made this video just for you.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-10-18 18:33:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly you could of made that easier with battery charge and spamming GD/HS or other cheap spell for the first 3 or 4 minutes before breaking out the big boys. In a group we would be prepping it for 3 or 4 min then everyone would kill it at 5.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-18 18:39:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
Honestly you could of made that easier with battery charge and spamming GD/HS or other cheap spell for the first 3 or 4 minutes before breaking out the big boys. In a group we would be prepping it for 3 or 4 min then everyone would kill it at 5.

It wasn't to show super efficient more to show how a BLU can handle Matamata - it's more for illustration purposes. I also expected ya know, having a large mp pool, the rdm or brds would refresh/ballad me, they utterly failed to do so.

Anyway! I got bored of this thread.
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-10-18 20:15:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I never knew BLU can use physical spells on Matamata without him shifting weakness, infact it hits both of his weaknesses at the same time. I guess everyone knew this already? (too lazy to read back pages). But unengaged, just using phys spells on Mata increased the damage he took after every TP such that alternating Heavy Strike/Thrashing Assault/Sinker Drill after every TP moves doing 50-90k, no 'prepping' him anymore. Pretty cool, no more MNK or SCH soloing Mata :P
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-10-18 21:01:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder what other 'tricks' or 'gimmicks' exist for other delve NMs? People take such a limited number of jobs to Delve and especially Delve II that for we all know, you can lock Frond Fatale or Shrieking Gale with like a DRK's Absorb-Spell or having a pet job in the party or something random like that O_o
 Carbuncle.Skudo
Server: Carbuncle
user: SKudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2014-10-18 21:20:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Highwynn said: »
I never knew BLU can use physical spells on Matamata without him shifting weakness, infact it hits both of his weaknesses at the same time. I guess everyone knew this already? (too lazy to read back pages). But unengaged, just using phys spells on Mata increased the damage he took after every TP such that alternating Heavy Strike/Thrashing Assault/Sinker Drill after every TP moves doing 50-90k, no 'prepping' him anymore. Pretty cool, no more MNK or SCH soloing Mata :P

BLU also does that on Faded Craklaw; Riptide Erunea seems to not reset anything, either. It melts away in something like one minute with two BLUs.

We did Dakuwaqa with WHM, GEO, BLU, BLU for science + *** 'n giggles today and it worked okay-ish. It's not something I'd do again for *** 'n giggles, but it's possible without any of the involved players being "pimp".
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-10-18 21:36:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
It wasn't to show super efficient more to show how a BLU can handle Matamata - it's more for illustration purposes. I also expected ya know, having a large mp pool, the rdm or brds would refresh/ballad me, they utterly failed to do so.

Thanks for sharing this. I wasn't aware that blue could do this. If only I could get lunge to work well enough to actually do delve on blu instead of having to go rdm.

Obviously you aren't playing how you normally would so I'm not sure how much it would help your normal style but if you do much menu casting, you might consider turning off window animations. It makes getting through all those windows much faster.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-18 21:43:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »

Thanks for sharing this. I wasn't aware that blue could do this. If only I could get lunge to work well enough to actually do delve on blu instead of having to go rdm.

Obviously you aren't playing how you normally would so I'm not sure how much it would help your normal style but if you do much menu casting, you might consider turning off window animations. It makes getting through all those windows much faster.

I did the video yesterday because someone said "Blu can't solo Matamata" and I was like.. Wanna Bet ***?

I don't normally cast spells from Menu its all macro or bind keys but it was just to make it a tad easier so you could see I set anything and it was easy as hell. Without refresh >>
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-18 21:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Blue Mage Lunge stuns seem to operate on a different Stun Rsist Tier system than regular Stun spells, so it is highly unlikely they will ever be able to replace a SCH BLM or RDM on stun duty (This is eyeballed with some empirical testing which I've not released yet but I have posted before showing the Roll theory on Stuns resist states etc with the basis of the theory than regular stun has 4 resist states, where as "Sudden Lunge" seems to only have 3 but testing needs a far larger pool before I'll swear to the results)
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-10-19 07:38:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Blue Mage Lunge stuns seem to operate on a different Stun Rsist Tier system than regular Stun spells, so it is highly unlikely they will ever be able to replace a SCH BLM or RDM on stun duty (This is eyeballed with some empirical testing which I've not released yet but I have posted before showing the Roll theory on Stuns resist states etc with the basis of the theory than regular stun has 4 resist states, where as "Sudden Lunge" seems to only have 3 but testing needs a far larger pool before I'll swear to the results)

Even with just my own experience with blu stuns I can say that additional effects operate quite differently than spells. The physical acc check doesn't help much here either adding a need to gear normal acc as well as macc. I've never actually had any hope of doing it with blu. At least not until the content is completely trivial.

I've never really had any issue with stuns resisting when I use magical stuns like temporal shift though even that seems slightly less accurate but that's probably just because blu doesn't have quite as much macc in most cases compared to pure mage jobs.
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-10-19 08:18:15
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread is getting about blu again, guys we need more Samurai talk.

Apex is ok, Namas is better but the future is Ryu drg so we should talk about that!
[+]
 Asura.Natenn
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2014-10-19 09:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »

Apex is ok, Namas is better but the future is Ryu drg so we should talk about that!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skudo
Server: Carbuncle
user: SKudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2014-10-19 11:18:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ryunohige is a Polearm. SAM has B- Polearm skill. We should ask SE to make it so that SAM can use Ryunohige.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-10-19 11:21:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Skudo said: »

Ryunohige is a Polearm. SAM has B- Polearm skill. We should ask SE to make it so that SAM can use Ryunohige.

SAM has C+ in sword, so should ask to make SAM able to equip Tizona, to make sense so much SAM in BLU thread.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-10-19 11:27:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Carbuncle.Skudo said: »

SAM has C+ in sword, so should ask to make SAM able to equip Tizona, to make sense so much SAM in BLU thread.

Ridill with requiescat was seriously handy for SAM in NNI when you got the PDT custards and stuff. Why bring a BLU when you can bring another SAM?!
[+]
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-10-19 11:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

By requiescat I assume you mean Mura right ?!?
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-10-19 11:47:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish, 1500+ Uptala's and never got one. Requiescat was just so useful and nobody seemed to know that SAM had access to it, even though I can't figure out why they ever did from SE's standpoint. Just was funny that someone said give Tizona to SAM.
[+]
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-10-19 12:47:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Related: we did a bunch of Ceizak farming last night. I used Namas for all but one run, Tsu/Yoich versus Tsu/Cibi Apex Arrow, with one run using Stardiver instead of Namas Arrow. Namas was ahead 15-30%. Stardiver finished behind Apex by about 10%, but I had one prelude so not full melee buffs. Obviously parses compare players and have lots of variables, but Apex was significantly behind 4 straight runs.

I would be surprised if Ryu DRG wasn't competitive; it should beat Apex SAM on bee. If 117 Eminent Lance is close to Tsu SAM using Apex, 119 Ryunohige should be a solid win after DRG buff? I don't know any mythic dragoons, sadly.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-19 13:09:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Even with just my own experience with blu stuns I can say that additional effects operate quite differently than spells. The physical acc check doesn't help much here either adding a need to gear normal acc as well as macc. I've never actually had any hope of doing it with blu. At least not until the content is completely trivial.

I've never really had any issue with stuns resisting when I use magical stuns like temporal shift though even that seems slightly less accurate but that's probably just because blu doesn't have quite as much macc in most cases compared to pure mage jobs.

I did refer to Lunge (Physical check spells only however is temporal shift really that good on recast? I've not tried to build a macc/recast set around this.. (Now I'm contemplating it)
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-19 13:13:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
Related: we did a bunch of Ceizak farming last night. I used Namas for all but one run, Tsu/Yoich versus Tsu/Cibi Apex Arrow, with one run using Stardiver instead of Namas Arrow. Namas was ahead 15-30%. Stardiver finished behind Apex by about 10%, but I had one prelude so not full melee buffs. Obviously parses compare players and have lots of variables, but Apex was significantly behind 4 straight runs.

I would be surprised if Ryu DRG wasn't competitive; it should beat Apex SAM on bee. If 117 Eminent Lance is close to Tsu SAM using Apex, 119 Ryunohige should be a solid win after DRG buff? I don't know any mythic dragoons, sadly.

DRG has always done well on Bee just not Namas Arrow good :3

Personally I find it difficult to negate a BLU in there, that whole zone is a joke with Terror Locked Mastop and Requiescat still throws out good Numbers. Its more about utility though than straight out damage.
[+]
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-10-19 13:19:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I find it difficult to negate a BLU in there, that whole zone is a joke with Terror Locked Mastop and Requiescat still throws out good Numbers. Its more about utility though than straight out damage.

That's the draw of BLU, though, isn't it? You lose damage compared to SAM (SAM with Tsurumaru/Apex is still going to crush BLU damage, not even talking about Koga on 1-5 or Namas on MB) but you gain utility. I'm a fan of blue mage anyway.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-10-19 13:42:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Thing is the zone is a joke without terror so might as well bring a better dd.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-10-19 13:48:44
Link | Quote | Reply

It adds some safety for weaker groups, believe it or not, there's a lot of people that still can't clear Tojil. It has a place, but people need to stop with the "it can do something marginally useful so it's necessary for everyone to bring" crap.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-19 15:17:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »

It adds some safety for weaker groups, believe it or not, there's a lot of people that still can't clear Tojil. It has a place, but people need to stop with the "it can do something marginally useful so it's necessary for everyone to bring" crap.

As I've already said, repeatedly Ccl, BLU is not about Top DPS, it's about utility.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-10-19 17:27:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I did refer to Lunge (Physical check spells only however is temporal shift really that good on recast? I've not tried to build a macc/recast set around this.. (Now I'm contemplating it)

Temporal Shift has longer recast than the actual stun spell. I went to check BGwiki on the value but it said it was only 56s and I could have sworn that it was a 120s recast. Now FFXIclopedia shows 120s. I'll have to confirm at some point but in either case I don't think it'll really be viable as a replacement for rdm or sch stuns. But if for some reason that wasn't a typo and the recast was magically reduced to 56 seconds it could be fairly useful given enough buffs.

I do have to consider blu does not have access to as much FC/haste gear as rdm so getting that number down to anything respectable while maintaining any form of macc is just not possible. And for certain I wouldn't be able to get it down to the needed ~9sec area.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-19 18:46:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Temporal Shift has longer recast than the actual stun spell. I went to check BGwiki on the value but it said it was only 56s and I could have sworn that it was a 120s recast. Now FFXIclopedia shows 120s. I'll have to confirm at some point but in either case I don't think it'll really be viable as a replacement for rdm or sch stuns. But if for some reason that wasn't a typo and the recast was magically reduced to 56 seconds it could be fairly useful given enough buffs.

I do have to consider blu does not have access to as much FC/haste gear as rdm so getting that number down to anything respectable while maintaining any form of macc is just not possible. And for certain I wouldn't be able to get it down to the needed ~9sec area.

Let me know how that goes, in all fairness you can stun in Apajams 2 on SCH on tojil just fine with no macc issues, so a 119 sword provides more macc than Apajamas does so Macc asside you're about +200 more than a SCH when tojil first came out.

Vanir Cotehardies is probably going to be your best friend, aside from others I can think of numerous Fascast pieces for BLU but certainly not in the same league, you could possibly split it between 2 blus.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-10-20 12:09:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »

As I've already said, repeatedly Ccl, BLU is not about Top DPS, it's about utility.

And that's why job like blu, dnc and such will always be useless outside of soloing, people invented an "utility group" but to be fair there are only 5 group if you wanna be successfull:

-DD
-heal
-stun(often useless)
-support/debuff
-tank(and this one is often useless too sadly)

If a job doesn't shine in any of those category it is useless sadly but too many advocate job like blu saying it's an "utility job"; it's the same thing with people saying back then that bst was a good solo job, the reality was it was so bad compared to other dd that it was the only way to exp on it.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-20 12:16:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Comparing BLU to DNC, BST or PUP lol.

BLU isn't a utility job, it's *the* utility job.

BST is hampered by pets, DNC has JA cooldown issues, PUP has a crappy pet AI and little control over its utilities. To say BLU is useless outside solo is the kind of hyper-elitism that mires ppl in Jeuno shouting for hours for a SAM when a BLU could have done the same ***.

The job fulltimes HasteII, can refresh itself, self-SC, keep itself healthy while doing dmg (ouch @ apoc), obtain high levels of DW, triple attack, buff itself with pseudo-zerk,, throw out light stuns and generally get the job done in ways the other jobs can't. Winds of Promyvion, cover all damage resistances and participate in generally every ounce of content while taking nothing from the group.

That's a claim neither DNC PUP or BST can make without detracting from the group.

The biggest limitation on BLU has always been a skill curve. But yet again SAM finds itself shitting up a BLU thread, big surprise.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 10 11 12