New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » BLU in Delve
BLU in Delve
First Page 2 ... 10 11 12
By Luthiene 2014-10-06 18:50:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I just finished levelling and skilling BLU and I'm currently working on getting the 119 AF/Relic pieces and learning some of the newer spells.

I was wondering if any of you could post any specific spell sets you use in Delve. Also, do you mostly go /war or choose something else?
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-06 19:30:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Luthiene said: »
I just finished levelling and skilling BLU and I'm currently working on getting the 119 AF/Relic pieces and learning some of the newer spells.

I was wondering if any of you could post any specific spell sets you use in Delve. Also, do you mostly go /war or choose something else?

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/30626/the-beast-within-a-guide-to-blue-mage/114/#reply

Answered 453 times in here :)
[+]
By Nazrious 2014-10-06 20:01:33
Link | Quote | Reply

White wind, winds of promy, Erratic Flutter, sudden lunge battery charge.
The rest is dw3 then atk or acc or stp or debuff/support; depending. Spellsets are very dependant on which delve, your gear, the capability of your support.

Blu for delve is nice because you can easily hit close or top vs comparable mnks and also help with the slack when your support mess up. On some fights you will have to switch it up so a good lua and azure set helps.

A single Blu can help stun if the sch is lacking and then follow with a white wind if the whm is to slow, or slept. We can dif. Erratic but with the amount of dispell on some NMs it won't last, so know your fights, perhaps most important thing of all.

Plus Abso terror is nice on lesser NMs, perhaps my lua isn't set up correctly but never seem to land it on Mega Boss. I also might just need mavi scarf.

Also AOE dispell, which while not as important as in incursion will still have whms thanking you after run.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-10-06 20:04:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Nazrious said: »
White wind, winds of promy, Erratic Flutter, sudden lunge battery charge.
The rest is dw3 then atk or acc or stp or debuff/support; depending. Spellsets are very dependant on which delve, your gear, the capability of your support.

Blu for delve is nice because you can easily hit close or top vs comparable mnks and also help with the slack when your support mess up. On some fights you will have to switch it up so a good lua and azure set helps.

A single Blu can help stun if the sch is lacking and then follow with a white wind if the whm is to slow, or slept. We can dif. Erratic but with the amount of dispell on some NMs it won't last, so know your fights, perhaps most important thing of all.

Plus Abso terror is nice on lesser NMs, perhaps my lua isn't set up correctly but never seem to land it on Mega Boss. I also might just need mavi scarf.

Also AOE dispell, which while not as important as in incursion will still have whms thanking you after run.

Absolute Terror doesn't work on MB's for the most part. Terror is one of those things that SE deems to powerful to be useful, kinda like how doom and death never worked on bosses in other FF games.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-10-06 20:34:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Monk in delve? What year is it?
 Carbuncle.Arcksan
Server: Carbuncle
user: Pluton
By Carbuncle.Arcksan 2014-10-06 20:36:13
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what I personally use ( cost 70 points ):

It provides you the best jobs traits for a DD.

Some more advice, try to have 900ish accuracy. So you'll be able to use red curry bun for morimar and foret de hennetiel. And learn mega boss weakness.
Exemple for Tojil : HP 75-50% : weakness piercing.
I usually do CDC > Chain affinity > efflux > Azure lore > Sinker drill for Darkness. Did Sinker 23k > Darkness 28k <3

For Delve v2, try to have a good hybrid set DoT/PDT. Qaaxo harness ( Path B ) + Lithelimb cap + Umuthi gloves + Patricius ring for exemple.

I don't know for other BLU but for Khamir I like to /RUN. since the mega boss resist slashing, I'd like to think that I help to break his aura. . . ( Don't really know if it work :x )

And last part, a good Sanguine blade set will definitely help you =)
By Luthiene 2014-10-06 22:13:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the advice guys. I was actually wondering about Qaaxo, since the gearsets posted in Prothescar's sticky say to use Path A (I'm guessing for maximizing damage vs Fodder), but I was relying more towards the PDT path for End-Game Content.

I am currently following that sticky and trying to produce all the gearsets, but are they all up to date? Im sure the TP, WS and Spells may be, but what about Fast Cast and Healing sets? I havent really looked into them too deeply, but there isnt all that much ilvl gear in them.

I will also have to work on those 55JP for the extra 10 Spell Points. Any preffered places where I can solo that? I dont see many actual party shouts on my server for JP farming.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2014-10-06 23:21:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Arcksan said: »

Zanshin doesn't work with Dual Wield =X
By Nazrious 2014-10-07 00:08:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
Quote:

Cus everything is SAM in delve, no one takes mnks anymore right. I'm sorry does 3x SAM clear 1.0 in 15 Minutes now, as apposed to 25 with mnks/ good DD? Does that 10 minutes even matter in the long run trying to sneak in quickie Delves during lunch?

Hint: You are doing it wrong, only quickie during lunch should not involve angry lizards or Bees.

I was also leaning more towards 1.0 since he is new, and really not a friendly melee environment for lion or bird.

But for those who do not run 6 SAM deep delve low mans Blu is comparable to Mnk and where we might lag in DPS we make up for it in some heavy support roles. Blu makes shrk way safer and easier with WW.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-10-07 00:12:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Arcksan said: »
This is what I personally use ( cost 70 points ):

It provides you the best jobs traits for a DD.

Some more advice, try to have 900ish accuracy. So you'll be able to use red curry bun for morimar and foret de hennetiel. And learn mega boss weakness.
Exemple for Tojil : HP 75-50% : weakness piercing.
I usually do CDC > Chain affinity > efflux > Azure lore > Sinker drill for Darkness. Did Sinker 23k > Darkness 28k <3

For Delve v2, try to have a good hybrid set DoT/PDT. Qaaxo harness ( Path B ) + Lithelimb cap + Umuthi gloves + Patricius ring for exemple.

I don't know for other BLU but for Khamir I like to /RUN. since the mega boss resist slashing, I'd like to think that I help to break his aura. . . ( Don't really know if it work :x )

And last part, a good Sanguine blade set will definitely help you =)

Personally I don't set fruit in delve, self cure is useless with whm. I don't set WoP most of the time either, besides a few NM most time it is not necessary.

I do set defense down, which increases pt output. Sometimes I also skip battery charge for more set point. Extra set point goes to skillchain bonus or acc bonus for more room to gear for less act.Remember, the more set point you use on support spells, the less dmg you do.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-10-07 00:39:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Cus everything is SAM in delve, no one takes mnks anymore right. I'm sorry does 3x SAM clear 1.0 in 15 Minutes now, as apposed to 25 with mnks/ good DD? Does that 10 minutes even matter in the long run trying to sneak in quickie Delves during lunch?

Hint: You are doing it wrong, only quickie during lunch should not involve angry lizards or Bees.

I was also leaning more towards 1.0 since he is new, and really not a friendly melee environment for lion or bird.

But for those who do not run 6 SAM deep delve low mans Blu is comparable to Mnk and where we might lag in DPS we make up for it in some heavy support roles. Blu makes shrk way safer and easier with WW.
10 minutes less sounds good to me, means I can do more runs in less time. Also bird and lion are plenty melee friendly (hint: you use Sam). If shark is not safe without a Blu you are really doing it wrong, it's the least dangerous boss in delve basically.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-10-07 00:42:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

10 minutes less sounds good to me, means I can do more runs in less time. Also bird and lion are plenty melee friendly (hint: you use Sam). Also if shark is not safe without a Blu you are really doing it wrong, it's the least dangerous boss in delve basically.

Eh, I'd say bee is less dangerous than shark, just because of marine mayhem.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-10-07 00:46:19
Link | Quote | Reply

It is pretty hard to die to Marine Mayhem, the only scary thing Shark does is Tidal Guillotine which is completely neutralized by a Whm that is even half paying attention. Bee has things you need to sacrifice though, do you know how hard that spell is to use compared to Curaga spam.
By Nazrious 2014-10-07 00:58:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

10 minutes less sounds good to me, means I can do more runs in less time. Also bird and lion are plenty melee friendly (hint: you use Sam).

If Delve is not safe without x6 SAM only you are really doing it wrong, it's the least dangerous SAM only activity in game basically.

Yeah you are not doing 10 Min delves, but ok, if you say so mate.

Also Shark is hands down the biggest hurdle for new to delve players, LIKE THE OP.
You got 1337 interwebs skillz and never failed a delve so you can run 6xSAM and beat Lion and Bird, good for you, for the rest of us who don't play GM mode on private servers blu is a viable DD to take to Delve. Also Thats a general guide and if read a little more will see that each delve etc requires study and consideration when settign spells. The OP asked a General question thus a general answer. Also Blu can compare to non tsu SAM in delve... but wtf non Tsu or REM SAM in delve, OH WAIT OMGWTF, a SAM can't be balls to wall awesomesauce until they beat Shark hmmm. the paradox is, nope you go as something else or Mnk to get your clear. Also if you think Toji and Bee are harder than shark lulz to you. Bee its more of a Sch hard fight than whm, whm if your doing it wrong.

Further:
For that matter, lol Blu in delve according to you. I fixed up that last post of yours btw to clear up any ignorance you were trying to hide and point out your silliness.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-10-07 01:01:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to know this 6x Sam setup you use, it sounds about equally as silly as using Blu.

Also blu cannot compare to a Tsu sam don't even kid yourself. Shark is absolutely the easiest of the three, you don't even have to stun shark anymore, how exactly is this the hardest?

and I said 10 minutes less, which was the exact thing you said. I was literally using the same words you were.
Quote:
By Nazrious 2014-10-07 01:08:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to know this 6x Sam setup you use, it sounds about equally as silly as using Blu.

Also blu cannot compare to a Tsu sam don't even kid yourself. Shark is absolutely the easiest of the three, you don't even have to stun shark anymore, how exactly is this the hardest?

and I said 10 minutes less, which was the exact thing you said. I was literally using the same words you were.

Wow reading comprehension bra. (Hint: Non Tsu SAM+ x6 SAM sarcasm whoosh, but w/e u fail at life)

I asked a question your answer was HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, when have YOU ever did a 15 minute Delve?

Because rather then a geared stun`bot Sch like you use for Bee and Toji, Shark can't be locked down and requires everyone to pay attention and omg do their jobs. Oh and Blu can help pick of the slack for your Bee runs if your sch is dropping th ball and your whm does not know how to cast Sac, oh and melee don't have DT sets... oh wait seems like that 15 min delve run was a crock of.. pudding, yeah brown chocolate pudding.

edit: Meant 15 but either way 10, 15 you ain't doing it bra.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-10-07 01:15:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I do 15 minute delves daily, is that so unbelievable to you? It's pretty standard to finish T1 delves or Yorcia in 15 minutes now a days.

Also your reasoning is insanely bad, you seem to be against stun botting Bee/Tojil which would make them harder to do anyways, so why even bring this up? Shark literally requires you to stand at 20' yalms and curaga spam, I don't even.

For the blu and sac thing:
Quote:
Hint: Non Sacrifice sarcasm whoosh, but w/e u fail at life)
 Cerberus.Halticus
Server: Cerberus
user: Halticus
By Cerberus.Halticus 2014-10-07 01:18:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Luthiene said: »

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/30626/the-beast-within-a-guide-to-blue-mage/114/#reply

Answered 453 times in here :)
Blu can suck my blu balls in delve
By Chimerawizard 2014-10-07 01:35:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I do 15 minute delves daily, is that so unbelievable to you? It's pretty standard to finish T1 delves or Yorcia in 15 minutes now a days.
I have also done tojil/dakuwaka/wopket in 15minutes. no beads were used.

People just gotta bring their gear and A game. (have yet to see them bring their A game to tax'et (bee no problem))
By Nazrious 2014-10-07 01:35:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Also your reasoning is insanely bad, you seem to be against stun botting Bee/Tojil which would make them harder to do anyways, so why even bring this up? Shark literally requires you to stand at 20' yalms and curaga spam, I don't even.

For the blu and sac thing:
Quote:
Hint: Non Sacrifice sarcasm whoosh, but w/e u fail at life)

Bra YOU ain't doing it, YOU. Read ffs not Everyone just you. But hey even idiots can have friends who play well, and well lol SAM so hard, so May BEE.

So stunning TP moves from max distance, with or without bot, is hard? MB Bee included dont do instant TP moves, but w/e you or Wall, Wall wins all day.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-10-07 01:38:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't even understand what you are saying at this point, multiple things you have said in this thread are just flat out beyond wrong and you should probably just stop.
[+]
By Nazrious 2014-10-07 06:48:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't even understand what you are saying because I don't have reading skills.

Fixed.

Wall say What?
[+]
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-10-15 11:32:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Most shout groups are still using monks. For Delve1, monk is a safer pick than samurai- easier to gear well, comparable damage, better survivability. We did an ls shark run Monday and a geared monk outparsed a geared Tsurumaru samurai by a little, with a BLU a good bit behind both. Now for Delve2, I agree with you.
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-10-15 11:42:52
Link | Quote | Reply

People don't bring MNK to Kamihr anymore? Haven't done Delve in a few weeks, but I'd think it's still useful for in case Raaz goes into blunt phase and, to a lesser extent, "tanking" boss.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-15 12:11:31
Link | Quote | Reply

People PUG Kamihr Drifts?
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-10-15 12:16:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
People PUG Kamihr Drifts?
Was responding to this:
Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
[...]Now for Delve2, I agree with you.

To answer your question, though, I have seen shouts on Odin from both NA and JP shouting for Kamihr pick-ups. How do they turn out? Beats me.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-10-15 12:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
People don't bring MNK to Kamihr anymore? Haven't done Delve in a few weeks, but I'd think it's still useful for in case Raaz goes into blunt phase and, to a lesser extent, "tanking" boss.
Monk is still good in Kamihr, specifically for its blunt power and not for any DPS prowess it has.

Quote:
Most shout groups are still using monks. For Delve1, monk is a safer pick than samurai- easier to gear well, comparable damage, better survivability. We did an ls shark run Monday and a geared monk outparsed a geared Tsurumaru samurai by a little, with a BLU a good bit behind both. Now for Delve2, I agree with you.
For delve 1:
Bee - Nothing comes close to Sam, Mnk is not even close.

Shark - Sam is significantly better of a DD, Mnk has the ability to use Sulpor on the boss which has some merit. Once again it is used specifically for a gimmick and not for DPS.

Tojil - Sam is still a significantly better DD than Mnk even with formless being a thing.

That Sam was doing something very wrong.

The point is that he was comparing Blu to the DPS of a job that hasn't been used as a good DPS job in months by most people.
By Pantafernando 2014-10-15 12:38:44
Link | Quote | Reply

For delve 1:
Bee - Nothing comes close to Sam, Mnk is not even close.

Shark - Sam is significantly better of a DD, Mnk has the ability to use Sulpor on the boss which has some merit. Once again it is used specifically for a gimmick and not for DPS.

Tojil - Sam is still a significantly better DD than Mnk even with formless being a thing.

You can be right, but all you did here is bringing your opinion without any number and, aparently, because you said, its right. If its not like that, "youre doing wrong". If someone bring a parse that a mnk beat a sam, its because youre parsing with bad sams.

Pretty hard to discuss here, isnt?

Btw, sulpor isnt a mnk ja, its due to /run. Is a sam is sam/run, he can use sulpor and dispel aura.

The point is that he was comparing Blu to the DPS of a job that hasn't been used as a good DPS job in months by most people.

Its not because sam is better that mnk isnt a good dps, or a viable job. The op question is to ask advice to make blu a viable job in delve, not the best dd in delve. Its not wrong comparing blu with mnk, because mnk is a viable job, unless you think now mnk isnt even viable anymore.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-10-15 12:45:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it's pretty obvious why Sulpor is much better for Mnk than it is for Sam, the SJ is pretty weak for Sam on shark due to how the shield works (based on amount of hits).

Quote:
Its not because sam is better that mnk isnt a good dps, or a viable job. The op question is to ask advice to make blu a viable job in delve, not the best dd in delve. Its not wrong comparing blu with mnk, because mnk is a viable job, unless you think now mnk isnt even viable anymore.
Every job is a viable job, doesn't mean they are good. I actually have no problem using Blu in delve but this guy said that it is not only better than Tsurumaru Sam DPS wise (laughable) but also better than Mnk (which is somehow better than Tsurumaru Sam to him). This is hilariously wrong.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-15 12:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Sooooooooooo can we get back to BLU viability in Delve? I think we've had enough of the SAM v. MNK wankfest.

Having never 6manned Drifts, whats the setup there if you were to take a BLU?
First Page 2 ... 10 11 12