Forum » FFXI » General » October Job Adjustments
October Job Adjustments
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 11 12 13
By Ramyrez 2014-09-30 13:06:07
Link | Quote | Reply

ScaevolaBahamut said: »
Ramyrez said: »
maybe i'm a rube but the idea of sacrificing 8 accuracy (steelflash + bladeborn) for 1 DA for like, anything in the game against which i have to actually press buttons is kind of uhhhhh

And Altana spoke unto the heathen masses, "Lo! Let the warriors of light in the world prepare multiple TP sets for multiple levels of monster evasion!"

And so it came to pass - facilitated by the Order of Gearswap and the older, more-established Brotherhood of Text Macros - that Altana's faithful entered battle well-prepared.

lolfodder

i totally pwned the *** out of those 5 or so normal delve mobs i had to clear today

These discussions get tedious. No one ever changes their minds.

I'm just trying to spice it up a bit.~
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2014-09-30 13:08:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »
Ok and getting 35 tp return till favor that since it allow more flexibility on wich accuracy piece you can swap instead of stp.

I am not saying that Tsurumaru is not a great weapon, nor am I saying it's not better than every Gkat besides Koga. I am saying it is not why SAM is as powerful as it is.
[+]
 Asura.Ccl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-09-30 13:09:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
maybe i'm a rube but the idea of sacrificing 8 accuracy (steelflash + bladeborn) for 1 DA for like, anything in the game against which i have to actually press buttons is kind of uhhhhh

And Altana spoke unto the heathen masses, "Lo! Let the warriors of light in the world prepare multiple TP sets for multiple levels of monster evasion!"

And so it came to pass - facilitated by the Order of Gearswap and the older, more-established Brotherhood of Text Macros - that Altana's faithful entered battle well-prepared.

lolfodder

i totally pwned the *** out of those 5 or so normal delve mobs i had to clear today

I use like 5 different set on event like incursion in the same run depending on the target, I thought it was a normal thing to use a max dmg set for fodder; my bad.

Ok and getting 35 tp return till favor that since it allow more flexibility on wich accuracy piece you can swap instead of stp.

I am not saying that Tsurumaru is not a great weapon, nor am I saying it's not better than every Gkat besides Koga. I am saying it is not why SAM is as powerful as it is.

Tsuru isn't the reason sam is as powerful as it is, but it is the reason non mythic sam are "that close" to mythic sam atm compared to other mythic/non mythic melee.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2014-09-30 13:12:30
Link | Quote | Reply

(implying tsuru SAMs and koga SAMs are especially close)

Quote:
I use like 5 different set on event like incursion in the same run depending on the target, I thought it was a normal thing to use a max dmg set for fodder; my bad.

Depends. Are you capped with 750 base accuracy with accuracy buffs? If the answer is "yes", use different buffs.
 Ragnarok.Crunkie
Server: Ragnarok
user: Crunkie
By Ragnarok.Crunkie 2014-09-30 13:12:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought this thread was about the October update? These threads always turn into a thread about what job is better. Why isn't there more discussion about the new JA's or new avatar?
[+]
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-09-30 13:18:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Depends. Are you capped with 750 base accuracy with accuracy buffs? If the answer is "yes", use different buffs.

Ok now you just went full retard, so have a nice day
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-30 13:18:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Crunkie said: »
I thought this thread was about the October update? These threads always turn into a thread about what job is better. Why isn't there more discussion about the new JA's or new avatar?
Blasphemy! Get your newfound ideas out of our thread!

This is obviously an e-peen contest now!
[+]
 Asura.Jkun
user: CiermeL
By Asura.Jkun 2014-09-30 13:19:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Uh, because..
[+]
By Ramyrez 2014-09-30 13:19:37
Link | Quote | Reply

three pages'ish back?

All threads devolve at some point into finer points of...whatever.

Nature of an internet forum.
[+]
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-09-30 13:22:58
Link | Quote | Reply

If we're talking accuracy set, tsuru keep it's 4 hit due to 35 tp return (koga doesn't keep 4hit on accuracy set), other dd lose their xhit too on accuracy set.

+1 to this. Tsurumaru closes the gap a bit in situations where you need more accuracy. Koga drops to maybe a 5 hit, Tsu can easily stay at a 4 hit (and already has an extra 15 accuracy).

For a weapon that takes 15-30 minutes to get, Tsurumaru really is incredible.
By Keido 2014-09-30 13:24:52
Link | Quote | Reply

New Avatar is ***. There the end.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-30 13:27:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Keido said: »

You forgot the most important part of the update!

THFs get A+ dagger skill! From A skill!

That's like, gamebreaking ***there.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2014-09-30 13:27:24
Link | Quote | Reply

They aren't, and if the gap is less than other jobs, it's because, again, the core job is strong enough that Koga doesn't allow it to do much it couldn't already (self-SC without JAs), unlike other jobs.

Put Tsuru against another 119 like Anahera or the JSE GKat and Tsuru wins, but it seems bonkers to me that anybody would look at the gap and consider it so great that they'd think they found the root cause of why SAM is broken.
 Asura.Jkun
user: CiermeL
By Asura.Jkun 2014-09-30 13:29:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Keido said: »

Oh yeah, almost forgot that it took them what, 3 years to implement the most OBVIOUS ability Atomos could be given...at least they should've come up with something a little more original/quirky.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-09-30 13:32:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Stopped following this when it changed to WAR vs SAM vs MNK vs which weapons and sets are optimal.

have to sift through garbage before we even get to people's thoughts on the update. lol.
[+]
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-09-30 13:33:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Define close. My samurai sets are a work in progress and need a few updates, but for our LS Delve runs Tsu sams generally do very well. In Yorcia for T4-MB, I would say that they are close (within 10-15%). The gap is greater where accuracy is a non-issue, like Tojil or Daquwaka, and we are all using 4-hit builds.
 Ragnarok.Crunkie
Server: Ragnarok
user: Crunkie
By Ragnarok.Crunkie 2014-09-30 13:35:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Glad I could help get this topic back on track. I can't wait to get a new avatar!
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-30 13:36:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Glad I could help get this topic back on track. I can't wait to get a worthless avatar!
ftfy
[+]
By Ramyrez 2014-09-30 13:37:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Stopped following this when it changed to WAR vs SAM vs MNK vs which weapons and sets are optimal.

have to sift through garbage before we even get to people's thoughts on the update. lol.

Thoughts on the update were rapidly covered the first two pages.

Monthly updates don't lend themselves to countless pages of discussion without a little tangential thinking.
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-09-30 13:38:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »

Define close. My samurai sets are a work in progress and need a few updates, but for our LS Delve runs Tsu sams generally do very well. In Yorcia for T4-MB, I would say that they are close (within 10-15%). The gap is greater where accuracy is a non-issue, like Tojil or Daquwaka, and we are all using 4-hit builds.
Tsu and Koga are really not that far off, your talking in practice maybe 100 DPS for normal Delve 2 style groups/fights.
[+]
 Cua
By Cua 2014-09-30 14:03:31
Link | Quote | Reply

A huge congradulations to smn for becoming relevant in end game.

+12% double attack or + crit hit rate for everyone now.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-30 14:12:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Cua said: »
A huge congradulations to smn for still being becoming relevant unwanted in end game.

+12% double attack or + crit hit rate for everyone now.
ftfy
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2014-09-30 14:12:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure you guys have already come to this conclusion but it sounds like Atomos is not a 2-hr Avatar, but simply something you can someone once every 60 seconds... which is why it specifies no new BPS unlock during Astral Flow.

So i mean, maybe not super useful, but its a 60 second Dispel/Buff that I imagine cannot be resisted. Which to me sounds fantastic
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-30 14:17:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said: »
I'm sure you guys have already come to this conclusion but it sounds like Atomos is not a 2-hr Avatar, but simply something you can someone once every 60 seconds... which is why it specifies no new BPS unlock during Astral Flow.

So i mean, maybe not super useful, but its a 60 second Dispel/Buff that I imagine cannot be resisted. Which to me sounds fantastic
Didn't SE state like 3 years ago that Atomos is an Astral Flow only avatar?
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2014-09-30 14:24:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

They stated a lot of things 3 years ago that were tossed out the window lol. But Yah, you are correct there, I believe they said "Function similar to Alexander and Odin", though I do recall a mention of it being 2hour.

But I mean, the wording clearly specifies "No new Blood pacts will be available during Astral Flow", which seems a redundant text if it was an AF only avatar.

It also doesn't specify it can only be used under Astral Flow, which both Alexander and Odin did when released.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-30 14:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

They stated a lot of things 3 years ago that were tossed out the window lol. But Yah, you are correct there, I believe they said "Function similar to Alexander and Odin", though I do recall a mention of it being 2hour.

But I mean, the wording clearly specifies "No new Blood pacts will be available during Astral Flow", which seems a redundant text if it was an AF only avatar.

It also doesn't specify it can only be used under Astral Flow, which both Alexander and Odin did when released.
And you forget that this is SE, where they say what they don't mean.

I think it's safe to assume that Atomos is an AF only avatar.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Ramyrez 2014-09-30 14:30:56
Link | Quote | Reply

And you forget that this is SE, where they say what they don't mean.

I think it's safe to assume that Atomos is an AF only avatar.

Based solely on the wording provided I really don't think it is. I'm not saying they couldn't have released a poorly-worded English posting, but based on what it says here, it definitely sounds to me like it's a regular thing and there's not going to be (at least on release) a special two-hour ability like other avatars have.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-30 14:31:26
Link | Quote | Reply

eslim said: »
maybe atmos' favor is a consitant debuff like geo AND a pact that dispels?
Atomos doesn't move, so it can't be an avatar that runs around with you like Cait Sith and Carby.
By Ramyrez 2014-09-30 14:34:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno. Could give him some legs and make him look like the living art in Beetlejuice.

[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 11 12 13