Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-09-30 14:47:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Why would you be a sad panda, GEO is already powerful as *** and 3 bubbles is easily OP.

Ehhh I know im 7 pages too late, but I recall a time where nobody ever endorsed GEO. Nobody gave one shat. No invites for GEO were given, except in 18man content for delves. After that changed, outside of SMN burns & Legion added member, nobdoy ever cared about GEO for a full 8-12 months.

I can wholeheartedly say that the changes to GEO thus far have been much appreciated and a long time coming. OP or not, we came from the gutter, and now we are getting our due justice. I don't feel any shame for stealing any spotlight now.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2014-09-30 14:50:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Why would you be a sad panda, GEO is already powerful as *** and 3 bubbles is easily OP.

Ehhh I know im 7 pages too late, but I recall a time where nobody ever endorsed GEO. Nobody gave one shat. No invites for GEO were given, except in 18man content for delves. After that changed, outside of SMN burns & Legion added member, nobdoy ever cared about GEO for a full 8-12 months.

I can wholeheartedly say that the changes to GEO thus far have been much appreciated and a long time coming. OP or not, we came from the gutter, and now we are getting our due justice. I don't feel any shame for stealing any spotlight now.

[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-09-30 14:55:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol Yup^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-09-30 15:31:02
Link | Quote | Reply

The Step changes are pretty OP... dynamis is going to be SEVERELY overcrowded (for like a week).

I guess relics were still too hard to make
so they made procs even easier. (I KNOW thats not the reason, but its an unfortunate side-effect).

Why don't they just go ahead and eliminate procs altogether.
By Refia1 2014-09-30 15:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

some1 plz tell me where i can get cid trust?
 Siren.Sieha
Server: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2014-09-30 15:48:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »

That would be 'too' easy.
By Numquam 2014-09-30 18:24:09
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU BUFFS

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Jetackuu 2014-09-30 18:32:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like club going to A+ for WHM but nooo...
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-09-30 18:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
The Step changes are pretty OP... dynamis is going to be SEVERELY overcrowded (for like a week).

I guess relics were still too hard to make
so they made procs even easier. (I KNOW thats not the reason, but its an unfortunate side-effect).

Because Dynamis wasn't overcrowded already, lol?
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-09-30 18:54:42
Link | Quote | Reply

It depends on your definition of overcrowded. Personally, it's overcrowded if ANYONE is in the entire zone besides me. But I know not everyone has the same standard.

If they're going to lower the step time, essentially, increasing JA proc availability 300%, which was ALREADY the only proc time used (more or less).

Then, if they removed the procs altogether, and made it so you could farm any mob, on any job, at any time, and only your kill speed mattered, "overcrowded" definition would shift. You could easily afford 10 camps in any zone (except tav/jueno) where as right now, you literally cannot have more than 2 (doing ja procs).

I mean as in, remove procs, remove 100 drops, and just give 1 coin 100% and 1 coin based on th, not the 2-4 we get via proc system. yes, there would be mass amounts of cleaving, every system has its flaws. *** disable all AoE while in dynamis...
By Kell 2014-10-01 01:40:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Keido said: »
Ragnarok.Crunkie said: »
I thought this thread was about the October update? These threads always turn into a thread about what job is better. Why isn't there more discussion about the new JA's or new avatar?

New Avatar is ***. There the end.

Yep, my response upon seeing what atomos actually was - what the actual f***. Then SE went in for a twofer with the adjustments to favor. I actually use diabolos for AOE refresh on mages from time to time (WoE), betting it won't be worth my while to do so now due to the increased perp cost.

Oh well, at least we'll be looking at the end of Seekers soon.
 Bahamut.Protectorchrono
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Protectorchrono 2014-10-01 01:51:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Refia1 said: »
some1 plz tell me where i can get cid trust?

You can get Cid from the sparks npcs (ex: Eternal Flame in Western Adoulin)
 Lakshmi.Cledant
user: Latifah
By Lakshmi.Cledant 2014-10-01 02:47:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I have been in several situations that party leaders replace brd for geo, even that! but it's because brd is kinda annoying to find if you're yelling for it.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-10-01 03:12:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Step changes don't hurt DNC, but they aren't the change the job needs and they just push it further into JA delay lockdown zone.

I will probably use Steps before WSs on mobs where I want to build Daze. Also, because of the way step duration works, it makes sense to alternate dazes at high levels if you are going to fight a very long fight. If you are willing to maim your DPS, it should be possible to maintain all 4 Dazes at rank 10 now (in the outside party, because you don't need Haste to use Steps.)

The buffs to Striking/Climactic/Ternary could be nice depending how they're implemented. Climactic will probably still reign supreme. This makes me hope that we get iLevel Empyrean stuff some day, perhaps with one more swing for Climactic.
 Asura.Ccl
Server: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-10-01 03:40:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if they even know JA delay exist at this point X.X, maybe soon we'll see gear (or job point) to that dnc cap step potency in one step, would be nice and not op at all.
 Bahamut.Malothar
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2014-10-01 04:25:09
Link | Quote | Reply

What do you mean by endorsed? It's been useful since it's inception, from 2x being a main part of early Delve strategies, to being just as useful as Blm and/or Sch in all Skirmish content, to being useful as an additional buffer in Pld + Rng type strategies for BCs, and if you push it, in melee strategies as well; all of this was pre +Geomancy.

Post +Geomancy, it just got even better. Post SE deciding Geo needed to be the god of potency buffs, it's just become ridiculous. I used to be impressed when Brd could cap magic haste, then it just seemed like everything you did had capped magic haste. Capped damage formula though? Capped defense? Reducing mobs MAcc to the point that they can't land anything? Making nukes do 2x+? ***'s extremely powerful.

As a 10 minute CD for a 3rd bubble, it'd be a very nice buff (that's entirely unneeded at this point, but what the hey!). The real power comes from what you can now do during Bolster. Bolster -def (capping damage), bolster -att (capping defense), then bolster wtfever else you want. Do haste and laugh when you catch a slow since you're still capped haste. Do -MAcc to avoid whatever is being thrown at you. Do -Eva/+Acc so you're capped on that CL 133+ Incursion boss, etc. It's going to be 3 minutes and 30 seconds of what multiple other SPs provide, but combined. As much as I <3 Geo, either they're setting us up to be nerfed heavily down the line (or buff everyone else crazily), or they're just that determined to make the player base at large feel that Geo can actually replace Brd.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2014-10-01 05:28:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Regarding the JA delay thing, I'm not sure they *can* do something about it without some major changes in their infrastructure that might affect some platform (Ps2?).
Either that or they're being lazy, but I doubt they're not aware of the issue.

Maybe they're underestimating its importance though. Maybe they think we're just a bunch of geeks who care for min-maxing and that everybody else playing (and paying) the game doesn't care about that stuff so it's not worth for them to bother about it.

Not sure, it's hard for people like us to get an unbiased sight of how reality is outside of our end-game groups, forums and communities.

@Malithar
It feels so bad being a BRD lately.
We're not at the point where BRD is useless and I don't think we'll ever get there honestly, but at the same time its inescapable presence in every setup is much less... inescapable.
From another point of view this is probably a good thing for the overall game balance, but I guess we can all understand if some BRD feels a bit forgotten by SE as of late.
When I think about all the effort it takes to become a decent bard (gear, Horn99, Daubla99) I don't see something similar for the other buffer jobs.

I'll admit something had to be done about BRD, but the problem imho wasn't the job itself but rather a single item: Daurdabla 99.
An item that by itself allows a single job do what two jobs could do.
Being in a pt with a Daubla99 BRD is like being in a pt with 7 people, 2 of which are BRDs.
Can you think of any other item in-game that creates such a huge difference? There might be but I can't think of any.

Still, atm BRD shines for its versatility but it suffers from frequent dispels and it hardly has anything "unique" left.
The only thing was Haste and now that's gone.
Well, I guess Scherzo too but that was a lame concept and hopefully less and less new content will make it "mandatory".
When you think about the type of buffs a GEO or even a COR can give they have a much wider choice and "unique" stuff compared to the "plain" things a BRD can give, isn't it?

I dunno. It's not like a BRD can realistically do much other than buffing, rebuffing, buffing again etc.
Yes subjob makes it a nice secondary healer/buffer but still...
I mean, I love to damage and my DD setup on BRD is excellent, but at the same time it's not something you can do in the majority of situations, not as much as other buffers like COR and GEO can at least.
But it's a vicious circle. If they were to give something new/unique/powerful to BRD we'd be back to square one, so clearly that's not the solution.
I just wish they never created Daurdabla99 and stopped at the +1 song only. I feel like things would have been much different today had that happened.
[+]
By Highwynd 2014-10-01 07:21:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Brd's debuff side should be stressed more. Threnody II's(increase damage to said element by 5-10%), Requeum Potency, maybe a crit hit evasion song. Elegy is already stronger than slow2, but maybe ghorn should get massacre elegy. Also paeons seem weak but i guess its balanced since they're "free" to cast. Maybe a store tp song since cors hardly use their samurai roll anyway!
[+]
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-10-01 07:31:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you really complaining that brd isn't good enough?
[+]
 Bahamut.Malothar
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2014-10-01 07:47:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
It feels so bad being a BRD lately.
We're not at the point where BRD is useless and I don't think we'll ever get there honestly, but at the same time its inescapable presence in every setup is much less... inescapable.
From another point of view this is probably a good thing for the overall game balance, but I guess we can all understand if some BRD feels a bit forgotten by SE as of late.
When I think about all the effort it takes to become a decent bard (gear, Horn99, Daubla99) I don't see something similar for the other buffer jobs.

Can agree with that. Geo is plenty capable of keeping up with a Brd with just Dunna/WKR bell and capped skills, don't even need merits or gear, it just gets better as you get all of that. I don't know any solid Cors myself, but they just need the WKR ring and they're set buff wise. There buffs lack somewhat, but they can hit more specialized stats as well. Geo + Brd in a party is still something magical, so yeah, don't see Brd going away anytime soon.

Quote:
I'll admit something had to be done about BRD, but the problem imho wasn't the job itself but rather a single item: Daurdabla 99.
An item that by itself allows a single job do what two jobs could do.
Being in a pt with a Daubla99 BRD is like being in a pt with 7 people, 2 of which are BRDs.
Can you think of any other item in-game that creates such a huge difference? There might be but I can't think of any.
Tsuru/Koga! ;D Someone had to get the topic back on track. But yeah, Daurbabla really set the stage for Brd to reign supreme until they made some drastic changes. As you said, 4 variable songs on each party member (or alliance member if you're a masochist) still brings a lot to the table.

Quote:
When you think about the type of buffs a GEO or even a COR can give they have a much wider choice and "unique" stuff compared to the "plain" things a BRD can give, isn't it?
I'd agree. When I think of Brd anymore, I think of Ballads, Marches, Scherzo (if needed), and Madrigals/Preludes (if needed), with Minuets filling in any remaining songs. Slow/Elegy hasn't really mattered in a long time, Requiem has never mattered, Threnodys were at best a "yay I made a difference!" moment it seemed, and all of their other buffs were mostly just pretty visual and sound effects.

I don't really have any ill will or feel bad for Brd though, mostly because I still see the use in them alongside a Geo. I personally hate 2x Geo groups without a Brd. Can't give your backline refresh/haste very easily like you can with Brd, or spot buff x job with y buff, etc. 4 bubbles, you'll want -def pretty much on anything, haste, +att if you want to cap damage, -MAcc, -Att, +Acc, etc, there's just a lot that everyone wants. But Geo + Brd is -Def, +Att, marchs, mads if needed, otherwise minuets, ballads and march the backline. Just much smoother.
[+]
 Phoenix.Mudrunner
Server: Phoenix
user: Mudrunner
By Phoenix.Mudrunner 2014-10-01 08:01:58
Link | Quote | Reply

ScaevolaBahamut said: »
eslim said: »
k.

With Haste + double March, SAM can reliably self-SC without JAs other than Zanhasso, yeah.

ccl said:
I fear that the gap between mythic and non mythic dd will be a lot bigger if they don't do something about it, we might not get a tsurumaru on next ilvl :(

I would not mind seeing the mythic requirements reduced to the point where making one can seriously be considered mandatory for endgame content. Maybe, like, cut all the different currencies to a third of what they are now.

Before everybody huffs and struts around in their big boy pants on me, a major reason the game's so easy right now is that mythics are so powerful, but not attainable enough to balance content around.

As much as I know this post could be considered old. Mythic is extremely obtainable at this point in the game. Just walk through town. Mythics are popping up all over the place. It's nothing odd anymore to see someone have a mythic. I'm about to finish my first mythic and I don't feel it has the same sense of achievement as I once did. And stop looking for then to reduce requirements. It will never happen as SE isn't that stupid
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-10-01 08:20:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Since they are extremely obtainable why would it be stupid to lower the requirement so people that didn't play during toau/casual can get one too?
 Phoenix.Mudrunner
By Phoenix.Mudrunner 2014-10-01 08:35:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »
Since they are extremely obtainable why would it be stupid to lower the requirement so people that didn't play during toau/casual can get one too?

Needs to be some standard in this game. What made this game last. Was the difficulty and reward of which items you obtained. Just because SOA came and decided gear should be like handed out like candy on Halloween. Doesn't mean that's what makes FFXI live. If you can't dedicate time/ effort I to obtaining something. Then maybe you don't deserves it?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-10-01 08:42:55
Link | Quote | Reply

don't need to lower reqs, just cooldowns

put assault on a seperate timer from nyzul and autocomplete books for first mythic(you did them for captain anyway!), you still have a weapon that costs 50 days of maintaining content and 240-300m of a mat that is gradually returning to the point where there's never enough for sale

if you feel like taking out the assault repeat on first mythic is unfair, throw in another one time objective that doesn't run off the same timers

and for christs sake, do something about the 240 days for ergon weapons

there's nothing wrong with the amount of man-hours these take, but who wants to look at a weapon and think 'oh, i could START this weapon in 8 months if i do my imprimiturs every day'
[+]
 Sylph.Traxus
Server: Sylph
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2014-10-01 08:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Mudrunner said: »
Just walk through town. Mythics are popping up all over the place.

That's because people were duping salvage bosses for alex (as in, fight as many mega bosses as you can within the time limit), and using an old plugin for infinite assault tags.
 Phoenix.Mudrunner
By Phoenix.Mudrunner 2014-10-01 08:53:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
don't need to lower reqs, just cooldowns

put assault on a seperate timer from nyzul and autocomplete books for first mythic(you did them for captain anyway!), you still have a weapon that costs 50 days of maintaining content and 240-300m of a mat that is gradually returning to the point where there's never enough for sale

if you feel like taking out the assault repeat on first mythic is unfair, throw in another one time objective that doesn't run off the same timers

and for christs sake, do something about the 240 days for ergon weapons

there's nothing wrong with the amount of man-hours these take, but who wants to look at a weapon and think 'oh, i could START this weapon in 8 months if i do my imprimiturs every day'

We already had a year to work on our ranking for ergon. Going every day isn't needed. Just every few days. Things like these long term goals are what keep most people here.

On a realistic note reducing cooldowns would be an option. I don't see splitting things up or removing having to redo assults. Even a reduction to 20 hours on tags and maybe adding a way to obtain a 6th would be a large bonus. Maybe in the future we can see some iLVL einherjar/assaults/nyzule with higher currency returns. These are realistic options.
 Leviathan.Mckeag
Server: Leviathan
user: Tajinjr
By Leviathan.Mckeag 2014-10-01 08:54:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Traxus said: »

That's because people were duping salvage bosses for alex (as in, fight as many mega bosses as you can within the time limit), and using an old plugin for infinite assault tags.

Can't wait to see those people banned.
 Phoenix.Mudrunner
By Phoenix.Mudrunner 2014-10-01 08:56:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Funny that doesn't change all the other requirements. A friend and I are both finishing this week. We didn't see the exploit of salvage. I know some others that finished recently and they didn't see the exploit either. So not everyone in town just magically pooped out mythics from this.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-10-01 08:57:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Mckeag said: »

Can't wait to see those people banned.

Obviously didn't, and isn't ever going to happen. They got away with it, completely unpunished.
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 11 12 13