October Job Adjustments
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13
 Siren.Sieha
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2014-09-30 08:41:53
Link | Quote | Reply

so now ninja's need to gear for racc as well as normal melee acc... oh boy.

why the hell is pup getting A+ in h2h. Its a joke job, it doesnt need that.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2014-09-30 08:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Why would you be a sad panda, GEO is already powerful as *** and 3 bubbles is easily OP.

Also, SE apparently is trying to make incursion the laggiest thing since full-run old-school Dynamis with 10 summoners in allies.
[+]
By Keido 2014-09-30 08:47:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sieha said: »

Good thing they are upping BST's game too.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-09-30 08:49:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk about that Sieha. I think it'll be the same as Kick Attacks, where the additional strike simply occurs during your melee phase. I can't see how it would require you to have really good Range Accuuracy to land.

Hell, some of us never levelled our throwing. Would be a waste for NIN if they needed to have hybrid sets to accomodate both throwing and melee (although, if the damage is really really good in spikes, hint hint delve shuriken, it would be great to sacrifice for more racc for higher dmg).

Too much not explained, would need to see it in action.
By Zoltar 2014-09-30 08:52:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Will be interesting to see what perp costs rise to. With reforged AF/Relic it's super easy to cap and will probably still be. Just forcing lazy SMNs to reforge their gears
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-09-30 08:53:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Idk about that Sieha. I think it'll be the same as Kick Attacks, where the additional strike simply occurs during your melee phase. I can't see how it would require you to have really good Range Accuuracy to land.

Hell, some of us never levelled our throwing. Would be a waste for NIN if they needed to have hybrid sets to accomodate both throwing and melee (although, if the damage is really really good in spikes, hint hint delve shuriken, it would be great to sacrifice for more racc for higher dmg).

The difference here being that a Kick Attack is still something that would function off of normal accuracy since you're still coming into contact with the enemy using your body. Shurikens have always been based on throwing skill and are indeed a ranged weapon which get benefits from ranged attack and accuracy.

While I could see them making the effect based on your normal accuracy/attack to appease players, I'm not going to put too much hope in it just yet given the ways SE can... well, screw us over.
[+]
By Keido 2014-09-30 08:55:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Zoltar said: »
Will be interesting to see what perp costs rise to. With reforged AF/Relic it's super easy to cap and will probably still be. Just forcing lazy SMNs to reforge their gears

I have +5mp a tick with avatar out. So I am hoping its not something stupid like 10MP a tick or something.
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-09-30 08:58:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Also
Quote:
[dev1235]
* Shuriken thrown using Daken will not be consumed.
Sange will undergo the following adjustments.
Sange (Recast time: 3 min., effect duration: 60 sec.)
Daken will always activate but consume shuriken. Increase ranged accuracy by 25.
Katana skill will be raised from A to A+.
The bolded seems to support the idea that Ranged Accuracy will be a thing. For Sange to make Daken 100% for 60sec and then also increase ranged accuracy during? I'm pretty sure that's a good hint.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-30 09:00:18
Link | Quote | Reply

That also means that NINs have to start leveling throwing skill...

<~ Glad am not a NIN.
[+]
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2014-09-30 09:00:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spathaian said: »

The difference here being that a Kick Attack is still something that would function off of normal accuracy since you're still coming into contact with the enemy using your body. Shurikens have always been based on throwing skill and are indeed a ranged weapon which get benefits from ranged attack and accuracy.

While I could see them making the effect based on your normal accuracy/attack to appease players, I'm not going to put too much hope in it just yet given the ways SE can... well, screw us over.

Would make the most sense if they based the Damage/Accuracy of the Shuriken thrown because of the new job trait solely on your Throwing Skill. Then you would need capped throwing skill to reaching max accuracy and attack with the job trait and wouldn't need any ranged atk/acc gear to make it any better.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-09-30 09:02:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Keido said: »

I have +5mp a tick with avatar out. So I am hoping its not something stupid like 10MP a tick or something.

The way I read the adjustment notes, the perp cost increase is in relation to Avatar's Favor only.
[+]
By Zoltar 2014-09-30 09:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I'm close to that as well. I think I'm +5/6 refresh, I honestly forget. If it's +2/3 increase I wouldn't mind, but they shouldn't go nuts. With avatar out I'm using:

Gridarvor -5
Relic head 4
Relic body -5
Nares Trews -1
AF feet -4

That's -19, I think most avatars are currently 13 so that's a 6mp refresh currently for me. If it's a huge increase I'll get some -perp hands but I really don't want to...
[+]
By Heimdel 2014-09-30 09:06:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I just want a stay comand for smn so it can keep the avatar next to dd without feeding the mobs tp and without the smn having to stand in damage range.

I'm a front line geo and have died maybe 3 times nly on high level mega boss with stone skin and dmg taken sets. I don't see the ja being that great. Also people not thinking about that you'd have be in party with the person you want cast it on. So if you are with dd or mages effects how much use it would be. Then you have that 10 min recast..
By Goltana101 2014-09-30 09:06:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spathaian said: »
Also
Quote:
[dev1235] * Shuriken thrown using Daken will not be consumed. Sange will undergo the following adjustments. Sange (Recast time: 3 min., effect duration: 60 sec.) Daken will always activate but consume shuriken. Increase ranged accuracy by 25. Katana skill will be raised from A to A+.
The bolded seems to support the idea that Ranged Accuracy will be a thing. For Sange to make Daken 100% for 60sec and then also increase ranged accuracy during? I'm pretty sure that's a good hint.

Didnt see this. That freaking sucks.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-09-30 09:09:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Heimdel said: »
I just want a stay comand for smn so it can keep the avatar next to dd without feeding the mobs tp and without the smn having to stand in damage range.

I'm a front line geo and have died maybe 3 times nly on high level mega boss with stone skin and dmg taken sets. I don't see the ja being that great. Also people not thinking about that you'd have be in party with the person you want cast it on. So if you are with dd or mages effects how much use it would be. Then you have that 10 min recast..

It's meant to be a situational JA for largely boss/zergs, not the gamechanger Pianissimo was.
By Heimdel 2014-09-30 09:11:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Most likely it will be high enough to force a mp drain so smn can't full time it. Because you knoe SE think it would be equal to a brd buff so the mp loss would be its version of wearing off.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-09-30 09:12:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Heimdel said: »
Also people not thinking about that you'd have be in party with the person you want cast it on. So if you are with dd or mages effects how much use it would be. Then you have that 10 min recast..

No, we are thinking of this Heimdel. We're saying, in addition to frailty + Haste/Fury, we can also buff the group shortly with an additional torpor, or something like Attunement to resist some magic effects. Or if you're back lining and nuking, you can place Luopan on mob with Malaise, put Fury or Indi-Frailty on a party member meleeing, while giving yourself Acumen for Mag Bns.

I mean, even though its a ten minute timer, it simply adds to GEO's versatility and creativity. Its more fun than bard, where you can just sing. Now, you can, for instance, during Tree Delve on morta, use full attunement/vex to help resist charms, but also have Fury (or Haste) to buff DDs for that short fight. The ten minute timer doesn't hurt anybody because its an additive effect that can only enhance the current sitation, not hurt it.
By Keido 2014-09-30 09:12:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Atheryn said: »

The way I read the adjustment notes, the perp cost increase is in relation to Avatar's Favor only.

That's how I read it too. Effectively taking one thing that could be cool and putting a cost to it. Honestly the only favor worth a ***currently is Ifrit but that's besides the point. If it's a huge MP drain it wont be used and this is just another worthless addition to an already very over classed job with no identity. Are we a Damage Dealer are we a Buffer? No one knows not even Mr. Owl!

Also we cant have Bahumat on a 1 hour GIGAFLARE because its too powerful but we have Odin the one shot masturbate and the god of Time and Space? GTFO S.E.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-09-30 09:17:54
Link | Quote | Reply

The way this game has seen updates over the past year, SMN will get bahamut before this game dies.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-30 09:18:59
Link | Quote | Reply

The way this game has seen updates over the past year, SMN will get bahamut before this game dies.
As an AF only summon, and even then, Mega Flare will only do up to 11% damage instead of baseline static damage.
[+]
By Zoltar 2014-09-30 09:19:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Whatever they decide, under Avatar's Favor perpetuation was REDUCED previously under this job ability. Just sounds to me like they are reversing it, maybe due to the fact that avatars will be getting higher magic accuracy and whatnot this update. Likely they will be stronger overall and now SE is going to penalize our already not super useful avatars favor
[+]
By Ramyrez 2014-09-30 09:19:54
Link | Quote | Reply

KOTR* go.

*Requires paladin in party with Excalibur.
[+]
By Keido 2014-09-30 09:24:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Whatever they decide, under Avatar's Favor perpetuation was REDUCED previously under this job ability. Just sounds to me like they are reversing it, maybe due to the fact that avatars will be getting higher magic accuracy and whatnot this update. Likely they will be stronger overall and now SE is going to penalize our already not super useful avatars favor

Well have to make sure one goddamn job is balanced. We are paving the way for SAM and MNK!
 Siren.Sieha
Server: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2014-09-30 09:28:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sieha said: »

Good thing they are upping BST's game too.

I have some respect for bsts as they know their place in the solo party. pup however think they are special and this great gift to any party.

Its actually pretty clear that you will need throwing skill and racc to have them land. I do see shurikens getting ilvl skill and such but still you will need a hybrid set. Most of relic and af already do this but really its kind of a pain in the ***.
By Zoltar 2014-09-30 09:31:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, I'm not gonna complain since SMN avatars will be stronger after this update. Just being optimistic
 Asura.Akamatzu
user: Akamatzu
By Asura.Akamatzu 2014-09-30 09:36:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Happy for the Puppetmaster skill increase ^>^
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-30 09:37:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Akamatzu said: »
Skills won't increase, just the physical/magical accuracy for pets ilvl 100+
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-09-30 09:37:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Welp, I aint levelling my throwing skill for that.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-09-30 09:38:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Asura.Akamatzu said: »
Skills won't increase, just the physical/magical accuracy for pets ilvl 100+

Quote:
Puppetmaster
•Hand-to-hand skill will be raised from B+ to A+.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-30 09:38:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Welp, I aint levelling my throwing skill for that.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13