October Job Adjustments
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-03 15:50:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait, it's possible to summon Atomos without AF?
 Valefor.Ophannus
Server: Valefor
user: Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2014-10-03 15:56:29
Link | Quote | Reply

You probably use /ma "Atomos" <t> and it summons Atomos and he automatically uses his ability then dismisses himself. That's how Alexander/Odin work right? But in this case it's not a 2hr. Probably has a separate timer. Would be cool if they added other Avatars in the same vein such that you can use their ability without being linked to the BP timer *coughbahamut*
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2014-10-03 20:34:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Wait, it's possible to summon Atomos without AF?

I told ya'll this on page 6!

but noooooooooooooooooooooooo no one listens to Karb! He's just a crazy old man! He doesn't know noting! NOW WHOS LAUGHING!

Ahem, no but, seriously :3

Quote:
It will be possible to summon Atomos without using Astral Flow.

In regards to the absorption effect, it is the same effect as that of dark magic spell Absorb-Attri and the blue magic spell Voracious Trunk. The effect duration from the monster you absorb an effect from will carry over, so if you absorb it when there are only a few seconds left, it will only remain on your party members for this duration as well.

Essentially, when it comes to Blood Pacts, Atomos is similar to Odin and Alexander in the sense that it is summoned just for this ability alone; however, Astral Flow is not required. There are no plans to add other Blood Pact abilities for Atomos.

Anyway thats the official response, which was probably posted like, on the last page. Slowpoke.jpg
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-10-03 21:01:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
Are they gonna add sparks shurikens or something ?

They've confirmed they're adding ilevel shuriken, yes. Sparks, Plasm, Bayld, NPC purchase, crafted (some/all of those)... who knows.

kithaofcerb said: »
Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
Are they gonna add sparks shurikens or something ?

Bestas bane or bust!

Daken works with shuriken only, no chakram/boomerang/other throwing weapons. So Bestas Bane is really only a skillup weapon, or if for some reason you want to pull with a throwing weapon and maybe actually hit.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-10-03 21:37:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
kithaofcerb said: »
So theoretically if SE was to change the modifier to STR, would this make scythe DRK viable compared to Great Sword DRK or would both of these options still be light years behind other DD job and be in the exact same spot we're in right now?
Seems like I was a bit too slow.
Chriscoffey said: »
It would need a fTP increase to make it more viable as it is now Catastrophe is a set value @ 2.75 w str 40% and int 40%. Entropy scales from .75 to 2.0 @ different TP levels. A big boost in fTP would increase either of these immensely.
But as an addendum to this; I did a very rough spreadsheet check on changing Entropy's wsc to STR. Very rough meaning I largely left the gear sets as they were, and just set up Ragnarok/resolution and Apoc/entropy. Since I dunno a damn thing about drk gear sets.

But anyway, Changing entropy's wsc to str brought it up to within about 100 dmg of resolution. Which Is reasonably close, but still a DPS loss for using Scythe. Although Liberator would probably have a freaking field day with STR modded Entropy.... o.o; But that's with mythic, and I don't think that was within the current subject matter.

So, I second the thought that it'd need an ftp adjustment to pull ahead of resolution.

Did you account for the fact that both weaponskills have fTP is transferred to all hits and that you would have 1.11 fTP per hit at 1000TP + moonshade on resolution and 1.075 on Entropy? Reso is five hit vs Entropys 4 hit so a 5.55 fTP vs a 4.3 fTP at 1000TP + moonshade. With that kind of fTP difference changing to STR WSC won't put it anywhere near it, even counting for the 15% attack penalty, on a job with boat loads of attack.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-10-03 21:45:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
Did you account for the fact that both weaponskills have fTP is transferred to all hits and that you would have 1.11 fTP per hit at 1000TP + moonshade on resolution and 1.075 on Entropy? Reso is five hit vs Entropys 4 hit so a 5.55 fTP vs a 4.3 fTP at 1000TP + moonshade. With that kind of fTP difference changing to STR WSC won't put it anywhere near it, even counting for the 15% attack penalty, on a job with boat loads of attack.
Except it did. /shrug

But don't point at me, I didn't math this out or anything. I just did a very quick, very rough spreadsheet comparison. And as far as I know, the spreadsheet accounts for every variable you just mentioned.

All I did was chang the int mod on entropy to a str mod. Which put it within 100 DMG of resolution. But that's within 100 dmg. Still not beating Resolution. Thus I agreed that it would need a fTP change to do so.

If you don't think this is possible, then feel free to do a better, more thorough, comparison. I certainly wasn't using optimal DRK gearsets, seeing as I don't know wth those would be. <,<
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2014-10-03 22:50:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Taking this from BG a second.

Spells grim tidings if thats the only "I. Lv 119" shuriken... cause srsly the level 75 Shuriken had like 88 base damage or something which was on par with the 2-handed weapons of their time... this is... this is dagger worthy, garbage.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-10-03 23:06:18
Link | Quote | Reply

extra white damage is secondary to the extra TP gain. delay is the more important stat. youre effectively gaining a 40% chance to gain extra TP, more TP than youd get from a single katana hit due to dw.
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2014-10-03 23:49:36
Link | Quote | Reply

As logical as that sounds it still forgoes the ideals of Shuriken, which have always been insanely high DPS weaponry. I get some balance was required, but these are weaker than your average Katana hit...

I know a 104 dmg hit with 40% or some odd rate is better than 0 Dmg 0%, but I'm going with the "Its the principle of the matter" argument for this one. Theres no reason for these I.lv119 shurikens to be weaker in base damage than almost all 1-handed I.119's when back in 75 era they were comparable to 2-handed weapons.

Obviously giving it 228~250 base damage would have been a bit too much to ask... but I don't see how 150~180 would have been OP. Since its clear they're taking Shuriken in a new direction.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2014-10-04 00:57:08
Link | Quote | Reply

They were probably considering either 1) Giving them higher base damage but with a lower proc rate or 2)Giving them lower base damage but with a higher proc rate. Option 2 is definitely better.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-10-04 00:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
They were probably considering either 1) Giving them higher base damage but with a lower proc rate or 2)Giving them lower base damage but with a higher proc rate. Option 2 is definitely better.

this. you need to consider the implications of a 400-500 damage (potentially) extra attack 40% of the time on a job that attacks as fast as NIN does. It's already going to be pretty great just from the extra TP generation.
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2014-10-04 02:05:18
Link | Quote | Reply

This is of course going to be nice, a "net" gain if you will, if we assume 40% activation or something similar to Kick Attacks, which I assume is what they were trying to mirror... but will it changes NINs current position in endgame? Its a step in the right direction but I don't think it will change much outside of how fast you solo. (which again, a net gain I know)

But upon closer inspection, the damage disparity between a Katana and a Shuriken (the one pictured) is about the same between a h2h weapon and a Kick Attacks base hit If you include the Kick-Attack enhancing footwear... I guess I'll agree a low damage - high proc rate is the better outcome, as it equals more TP gain.

What do I even care I don't even like NIN =.=a
 Sylph.Guebotermico
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Guebotermico 2014-10-04 02:20:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Getting a mythic is not a walk in the part compared in effort money and time vs all the easier to get stuffs so its only fair that mythic will beat the rest... or else it wouldn't make any sense to make a mythic that is the whole point to it. those who want to the best weapons can put the effort towards getting it if not then i guess they do not want it that bad
By Lizk 2014-10-04 06:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Entrust (10/3)
I will talk a little bit about the new Geomancer ability, Entrust.
This ability allows you to cast Indi spells on party member, but each character is limited to one Indi spell. This means if you use Entrust, you will be able to simultaneously use spells for the Geomancer, the Luopan, and a party member, for a total of 3 Colures.
If you have a corsair in the party using Random Deal or Wild Card, you can create even more colures!
(It should be noted that there is a limit in that Bolster cannot be used for Indi spells casted on Party Members, and the effect "Geomancy +" will also not apply to members given Indi spells through Entrust)
We think this is a very effective and versatile ability, and we hope players experiment with it in various ways!

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/112776-Dev-Tracker-Findings-Posts-(NO-DISCUSSION)/page27
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-10-04 06:23:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said: »
but will it changes NINs current position in endgame?

You need to consider that for every fight you bring pld+rngs, a nin setup is better and with the incoming update adding 6 fight, I won't be suprised is nin is again the way to go.
By Lyncath 2014-10-04 06:31:47
Link | Quote | Reply

"This means if you use Entrust, you will be able to simultaneously use spells for the Geomancer, the Luopan, and a party member, for a total of 3 Colures.
If you have a corsair in the party using Random Deal or Wild Card, you can create even more colures!"

They just broke the *** out of Geomancer.
Geomancer and Corsair will be utterly *** insane.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-10-04 07:10:35
Link | Quote | Reply

"Geomancy +" and Bolster not applying to the JA spells will make a difference, but the confirmation of multiple indi bubbles makes me happy.
By Lyncath 2014-10-04 08:39:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure that's a smart limitation but still, even without Geomancy+ some Indiclosures will be quite good.

Indi-Haste with Entrust plus Haste from a /RDM sub will cap a person, no?

If so then, provided there's a Corsair in the party.
Entrust > Indi-Haste (DD ONE)
Random Deal > Entrust > Indi-Fury (DD TWO)
Wild Card > Entrust > Indi-Precision (DD THREE)
Random Deal > Entrust > Indi-Refresh (Backline)
Indi-Torpor and Geo-Frailty from the Geomancer himself.

Geomancer = Attack Bonus / Accuracy Bonus / Haste / Refresh / Defense Down / Evasion Down

Corsair = Attack Bonus / Store TP or Double Attack / Refresh / Conserve MP

That's not even taking into account that the Corsair in the party can use Chaos Roll to make up for the loss of Geomancy+ and can use another DD buff on the front line and also have Refresh on the backline to again make up for the loss of Geomancy+.

Really get the feeling that SE is desperate to break the over-reliance on Bard for everything.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-10-04 08:51:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Jeez, why is everyone assuming Entrust will grant extra Geo buffs?

edit: didnt see the thing from the interview posted above.
By Lyncath 2014-10-04 08:58:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Jeez, why is everyone assuming Entrust will grant extra Geo buffs?

edit: didnt see the thing from the interview posted above.

Because.

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/112776-Dev-Tracker-Findings-Posts-%28NO-DISCUSSION%29/page27

Entrust (10/3)
I will talk a little bit about the new Geomancer ability, Entrust.
This ability allows you to cast Indi spells on party member, but each character is limited to one Indi spell. This means if you use Entrust, you will be able to simultaneously use spells for the Geomancer, the Luopan, and a party member, for a total of 3 Closures.
If you have a corsair in the party using Random Deal or Wild Card, you can create even more colures!
(It should be noted that there is a limit in that Bolster cannot be used for Indi spells casted on Party Members, and the effect "Geomancy +" will also not apply to members given Indi spells through Entrust)
We think this is a very effective and versatile ability, and we hope players experiment with it in various ways!
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2014-10-04 14:46:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »

You need to consider that for every fight you bring pld+rngs, a nin setup is better and with the incoming update adding 6 fight, I won't be suprised is nin is again the way to go.

I'm happy to learn NIN is not so far behind, but I'd be very surprised. Perhaps its trouble in education or people taking what they think is the safest route, If I sent a tell to someone looking for a tank, saying "119 PLD A/O or NIN119" you think anyones going to go "Yah cool bring NIN".

Nope.

So maybe its simply a fault in the people of XI, and not with the job, in which case my ignorance of NINs performance stems from the fact no one I know cares to play the job or gear it anymore, and therefor my experience with it is limited.

In fact I can honestly say I haven't been in a party with a NIN in over a year...
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-10-04 14:55:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd be interested in hearing how a nin setup is better than RNGs.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-04 15:15:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »

You can avoid the devastating one shot moves through migawari.
You don't need marches to cap delay.
You should avoid most damage from the NM anyway thanks to shadows. (Minus AoE that strip more than 3+ shadows)
Dragon fall is 2~3 shadows, nin can have 3~4 (5 possible?) from gear meaning only Aga's do that.
Innin + AF3+2 head adds a nice multi hit effect (Triple attack % unknown) whlie the JA itself provides better emnity degrading (meaning swapping hate is easier between the 3~4 blink stanks) plus Gives approximately +30% Ninjutsu damage, +30% Critical Hit Rate, and -30 Evasion to start, all of which decay to ±10 over time. at a -1 effect every 5 tics (which is a long time so roughly -1% after 15 seconds).

Plus the accuracy bonus it provides, the high amount of white damage and minimal curing required make it very good.

NIN vs RNG geared to their respective fullest - nin desimates a RNG's DPS plus factoring the fact it can negate the need for a meat shield (blink tanking ftw) can SC light and dakrness with a huge critical hit rate.. Yes NIN is better than RNG's if played right.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-10-04 15:28:31
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, right.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-10-04 15:30:28
Link | Quote | Reply

that awkward moment when i agree with draylo
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-10-04 15:31:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Beside ghesso? and even then pretty sure just sleeping clone work but I never done it, for every VD fight you'd bring rng+pld, nin was faster before ws update and now daken update.
 Siren.Akson
Server: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2014-10-04 15:38:13
Link | Quote | Reply

This update will at the least help NIN come closer to matching the TP gain of Koga SAMs which will be extremely good for NIN regardless of wether or not ppl actually use NINs beyond the update.
 Asura.Fiv
user: Gares
By Asura.Fiv 2014-10-04 15:58:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Before the WS update, we did EV and MR routinely in under 7 minutes on NIN NIN THF, which was like twice as fast as a RNG party. Don't know if RNG gained that much from tp changes and ws update, or how strong flurry 2 really is, but its not like you can compare them in any other events since really, since everything is either DDs (take a sam or a mnk) or RNG (only because marjami would kill DDs).
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-10-04 16:05:45
Link | Quote | Reply

he is saying anything you would use RNGs + PLD on, with the use of Decoy Shot, using a NIN in place of the PLD would be better, due to NIN having shadows and a much higher DPS.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-10-04 16:08:35
Link | Quote | Reply

No, he's saying that he meleeburns most of the things that people do with PLD+RNG using 2x NIN + THF.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13