2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » October Job Adjustments
October Job Adjustments
First Page 2 3 4 ... 11 12 13
 Lye
By Lye 2014-09-30 09:39:23
Link | Quote | Reply

How long before Daken +1 appears on nin gear?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-30 09:40:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Asura.Akamatzu said: »
Happy for the Puppetmaster skill increase ^>^
Skills won't increase, just the physical/magical accuracy for pets ilvl 100+

Quote:
Puppetmaster
•Hand-to-hand skill will be raised from B+ to A+.
Well, in my defense, when I saw Puppetmaster, I automatically assumed Automation since the Master mostly stands around and lets the automation do the work...

Or really, the Master is a gimp MNK.
[+]
By Keido 2014-09-30 09:40:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Lye said: »

Heh, New Avatar fights so next month brah!
 Lye
By Lye 2014-09-30 09:43:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if you can engage out of range, get a Daken proc, and still attack the mob.

It might be the first truly automated ranged attack that's not a pet
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-09-30 09:44:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Asura.Akamatzu said: »
Happy for the Puppetmaster skill increase ^>^
Skills won't increase, just the physical/magical accuracy for pets ilvl 100+

Quote:
Puppetmaster
•Hand-to-hand skill will be raised from B+ to A+.
Well, in my defense, when I saw Puppetmaster, I automatically assumed Automation since the Master mostly stands around and lets the automation do the work...
A Puppetmaster unable to fight alongside his automaton is not a Puppetmaster I wish to meet. We're not BSTs, and in the few instances where we pretend we are, I'm sorely disappointed. :/

Siren.Sieha said: »
pup however think they are special and this great gift to any party.
Anyone who does this is severely annoying and more often than not the PUPs who actually believe this are often terrible at the job themselves. Obviously there are exceptions but the point still stands PUPs, well honestly anyone, should never think of themselves as some great gift upon a group. Everyone can be replaced.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-09-30 09:45:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Funny you mention this. When I read over the details, I actually thought this would be a cool idea to have as a job ability (similar to MNK footwork) where for a specific amount of time, it converts all melee hits into really fast shuriken throws. The Daken+1 I almost read it as "Double Shot", as in, you can fire two shurikens on one attack round.
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2014-09-30 09:45:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
@_@ at the step recast changes.
I'm surprised at that since it has significant effect on dynamis JA staggering speed with steps if you can do it 3x faster.
Also being able to climactic rudra's more frequently + stronger dagger skill will be nice.

Not to mention that FM generation should be quick enough to get around the Reverse-vs.-literally-anything-else problem.

This really is going to have a dramatic effect on Dynamis, and thus the economy as a whole. 800-currency runs are not out of the question if you have no competition.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-09-30 09:46:58
Link | Quote | Reply

AF3 most likely. I love the BLU adjustments, I hope there are more to come. I think the Atomos is interesting.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-09-30 09:48:34
Link | Quote | Reply

As long as they introduce a shuriken with 242 throwing skill...
[+]
 Leviathan.Syagin
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-09-30 09:49:10
Link | Quote | Reply

So will taking skill from A to A+ make much of a difference? I would assume no?
By Fasaga 2014-09-30 09:49:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Months of waiting for something to equalize War with mnk/Sam and they give us a 5% increase to berserk. What game are they playing?
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-09-30 09:49:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Since when is WAR a weak job compared to MNK?
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-09-30 09:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I have really mixed feelings on fast step recast for non main dancer, that's just broken in the hands of thf main for dyna. Most camps barely support 1 person already.

THF already get a free pass to D/VD battlefields because of TH and if they can get away with /dnc instead of /nin, they bring super fast step building to the table now even if it caps lower.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2014-09-30 09:51:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
I have really mixed feelings on fast step recast for non main dancer, that's just broken in the hands of thf main for dyna. Most camps barely support 1 person already.

THF already get a free pass to D/VD battlefields because of TH and if they can get away with /dnc instead of /nin, they bring super fast step building to the table now even if it caps lower.

This was my immediate thought as well. Should be dnc-main only for step lowering.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-09-30 09:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Leveling throwing isn't too bad, mine is still pretty low but I've been casually levelling it by using any excuse to throw my boomerang on thf, if I actually tried to skill it up I'd just bring out the moogle trust and have a /ra script on a reive.

Play something else and keep peeking over to see that the reive is still up/I'm not dead, job done.
[+]
By Zillion 2014-09-30 09:53:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Fasaga said: »
Months of waiting for something to equalize War with mnk/Sam and they give us a 5% increase to berserk. What game are they playing?

war best dd. war onry :)
[+]
By Fasaga 2014-09-30 09:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Since when is WAR a weak job compared to MNK?
For quite some time? Since before the devs announced they would be looking for a way to make wars attack power on par with that of a mnk?
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2014-09-30 09:58:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Syagin said: »
So will taking skill from A to A+ make much of a difference? I would assume no?

It's only like 7 skill, so not really.

Dancer's getting 20 skill out of this, though.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-09-30 09:59:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Berserk needs like job haste. 30% + merits and JP augments are nice but war is kind of slow compared to mnks and sams.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-09-30 10:01:03
Link | Quote | Reply

In general i've had pretty positive experiences with WAR DD, they tend to be very well geared and have ukon/rag for weapon, and match serious sam dps.
Need a heavy dd and shout for a sam, but there's a good war available? just take the war.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-09-30 10:07:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ehh Tidis. I did that crap with Geomancy levelling and Handbell. I'm gonna stick to books this time, lol.
By Creecreelo 2014-09-30 10:08:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Really nice to see skill increases for many jobs; however, the DD mage in me is definitely disappointed lol

Was just hoping for a dagger increase on Brd (B- to B+), a sword increase on Rdm (B to A-), and perhaps staff increases for Smn, Blm, and Sch (up to B+ probably). Now that I look at them, is there even an A- skill rating? Seems like there's only jumps from B+ to A.

Oh well, isn't a big deal at all anyways.
By Ramyrez 2014-09-30 10:09:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Creecreelo said: »
Really nice to see skill increases for many jobs; however, the DD mage in me is definitely disappointed lol

Was just hoping for a dagger increase on Brd (B- to B+), a sword increase on Rdm (B to A-), and perhaps staff increases for Smn, Blm, and Sch (up to B+ probably). Now that I look at them, is there even an A- skill rating? Seems like there's only jumps from B+ to A.

If red mage got a sword increase and corsair didn't get anything, I may have had a serious meltdown.
[+]
By Creecreelo 2014-09-30 10:12:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »

If red mage got a sword increase and corsair didn't get anything, I may have had a serious meltdown.

Right!! Was going to mention that job too, but focused only on mage jobs.

Edit: As a side note on Cor, I've always been disturbed as to how they have higher Dagger skill than Marksmanship...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-30 10:15:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Berserk needs like job haste. 30% + merits and JP augments are nice but war is kind of slow compared to mnks and sams.
That's the issue with having a super powerful, but slower delay weapons.

But capped haste? WAR is more powerful than SAMs and MNKs, especially those who are 5 hit WARs with Conqueror.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-09-30 10:15:39
Link | Quote | Reply

No doubt, corsair should have top marksmanship skill. They still don't think cor can shoot
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-09-30 10:22:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »

Murgleis AM3 dps outparses most blus! If only i didnt have to do all that sleeping and stunning work in incursion!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-09-30 10:22:16
Link | Quote | Reply

But capped haste? WAR is more powerful than SAMs and MNKs, especially those who are 5 hit WARs with Conqueror.

But Conqueror wars aren't all that common nor do they keep up with Koga Sams.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-30 10:23:47
Link | Quote | Reply

But Conqueror wars aren't all that common nor do they keep up with Koga Sams.
I'll need to poke some crap with Koga SAMs then.

Problem is, I doubt CCL would want to do anything with me lol.
 Leviathan.Syagin
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-09-30 10:29:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Could it be their survivablility why people look at war with the side eye?
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 ... 11 12 13