Ballista Revolution
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Lakshmi.Evviva
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-07-09 18:42:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zuidar said: »
hmm I haven't actually seen anyone in the test server sign up for ballista yet. I'd thought for a test server there'd be alot of people on here. Unless there's some that only does ballista outside the test server?

Most of the people that log on to the test server aren't interested in Ballista nor aware of the attempts to push Ballista there.

I've personally tried to push the idea through various forums, and at one point kept one of my characters logged in to the test server to check if anyone might actually show up to play. We've played official matches on the test server, however, the people that played were regulars who are currently located on a Ballista server anyway..

Most of the people that play Ballista on Lakshmi and Carbuncle are ps2 and xbox360 players, as well as people who are content with Ballista on their respective server.. so they don't bother.

There's a schedule posted for the official matches (60+99) in this thread, starting today all the way to the 23rd.

Undine is the perfect opportunity for Ballistars who aren't situated on a Ballista server to play, but as you can see.. it hasn't really taken off.

Leviathan.Matteh said: »
Wish SE brought back the official ballista tournament. I always wanted to join a team but by the time i got good at it, all that ended and i missed my chance of getting the blue hat for winning in the official tournament. =/ Also the prizes were nice at the time as well.

I wish this would happen also :(
But.. for a good 5+ years now, anything Ballista related has fallen on deaf ears.

In my opinion, it's up to the players.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-07-09 18:45:35
Link | Quote | Reply

It's all about monster vs monster now.
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-07-09 18:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Haha yeah, I guess so :P
 Phoenix.Urteil
Server: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-07-10 02:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll be the monster.

Fight me now, I have good drops.
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-07-10 02:51:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Evviva said: »
Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Haha yeah, I guess so :P

Gross.
 Quetzalcoatl.Lucifel
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: xLucifelx
By Quetzalcoatl.Lucifel 2012-07-10 03:58:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Is this for real? Do you guys actually still Ballista on your servers? I've been thinking about hoping servers until the new exp....I may have just found where too.
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-07-10 11:31:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Lucifel said: »
Is this for real? Do you guys actually still Ballista on your servers? I've been thinking about hoping servers until the new exp....I may have just found where too.

For real, for real.
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-07-10 12:37:41
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI Ballista バリスタ Diorama 箱 Lakshmi 2012/07/08 MNK POV 4 v 4
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-07-10 17:58:50
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI Ballista バリスタ Diorama 箱 Lakshmi 2012/07/08 RDM POV 5 v 5(60)
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-07-11 17:31:47
Link | Quote | Reply

A few vids from Saraphy - Carbuncle edition

FF11 バリスタ 7月11日 箱庭 パート1 鞄鯖
FF11 バリスタ 7月11日 箱庭 パート2 鞄鯖
FF11 バリスタ 7月11日 箱庭2次会 パート1 鞄鯖
FF11 バリスタ 7月11日 箱庭2次会 パート2 鞄鯖
By Otomis 2012-07-11 17:42:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Urteil said: »
I'll be the monster.

re post the Urteil challenge!
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-07-11 23:08:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Otomis said: »
Phoenix.Urteil said: »
I'll be the monster.

re post the Urteil challenge!

I had about 15 challengers who only did the NQ one.

Updated version from when comet was expensive, it has been removed for other prizes:

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/26086/pvp-battlefield-judgement-and-comet-scrolls-do-you/1/#1579873
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-07-12 13:44:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Saraphy - Carbuncle edition

FF11 バリスタ 7月11日 箱庭2次会 パート4 鞄鯖
FF11 バリスタ 7月11日 箱庭2次会 パート5 鞄鯖
FF11 バリスタ 7月11日 箱庭2次会 パート3 鞄鯖
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-07-14 08:21:53
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI 20120713 Ballista バリスタ Pashhow Marshlands Drk/Sam in Carbuncle
 Asura.Zatana
Server: Asura
user: Zatana
By Asura.Zatana 2012-07-14 10:38:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Just how big is the use of hyper and x-hyper in competitive play nowadays? I've always wanted to see Ballista take off again, but I'm not sure if I would enjoy playing if that's a primary tactic.
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-07-14 16:33:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Zatana said: »
Just how big is the use of hyper and x-hyper in competitive play nowadays? I've always wanted to see Ballista take off again, but I'm not sure if I would enjoy playing if that's a primary tactic.

Hyper and X-hyper are widely used in competitive play.

To quote Vyii for a moment:
If the newer players—or even more experienced players—are only concentrating on the quarrying technique, then their battle skill will be pathetic and may never improve. The players who have undergone the traditional Ballista regime and treatment (raw combat, hitting and running, vile mouthing, etc.) will have an notable advantage if the item strategy is mastered. If both novices and veterans master this technique, then the deciding factor will be battle skill—with a bit of luck from quarrying. Therefore, the currently skilled players will grow stronger while the weaker players wither. Sounds like economics.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-07-14 16:40:49
Link | Quote | Reply

The Problem: Revisited
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-07-14 17:52:25
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI Brenner - Lakshmi (60) SAM POV
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-07-15 12:26:31
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI Ballista バリスタ Jugner Forest Rng/Sam in Carbuncle 20120714
By Latifah 2012-07-15 12:40:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello Eviva i was wondering if you are moving to ff14 when they put pvp there on patch 2.0, since it will be a very nice pvp battle system with no time restrictions like ffxi ballista. (Reservations and Capped fixed matches like cap 60 and Diorama)
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-07-15 14:07:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Latifah said: »
Hello Eviva i was wondering if you are moving to ff14 when they put pvp there on patch 2.0, since it will be a very nice pvp battle system with no time restrictions like ffxi ballista. (Reservations and Capped fixed matches like cap 60 and Diorama)

Hihi :)

I have tried FFXIV in the past, but decided against playing 2 MMORPG at the same time.

I don't think I will necessary move entirely, but I will be interested to see how it compares to the current Ballista in FFXI.
By Latifah 2012-07-15 17:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

come to durandal if you decide to partially move :0 i think is the most populated server atm. it will be awesome when they put pvp there
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-07-15 20:39:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Latifah said: »
come to durandal if you decide to partially move :0 i think is the most populated server atm. it will be awesome when they put pvp there

Cool sounds fun!
By Lordgrim 2012-07-15 23:51:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Now i do not mean to be all about server pride i know folks server hop a lot nowdays. I still remember when SE held the first and only Ballista Royale. Let us all not forget that is was Siren server who holds both Japanese and North American ballista royale championship teams, who bested all the servers. Respectfully the Japanese team was Priceless LS, and the North American team was TheMysticalOrder LS. Give Siren some credit Evviva and thank you for keeping the Ballista community still rocking!!
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2012-07-16 00:16:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to try this out but I only have drg and dnc for you guys to throw death at.
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-07-16 06:34:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Lordgrim said: »
Now i do not mean to be all about server pride i know folks server hop a lot nowdays. I still remember when SE held the first and only Ballista Royale. Let us all not forget that is was Siren server who holds both Japanese and North American ballista royale championship teams, who bested all the servers. Respectfully the Japanese team was Priceless LS, and the North American team was TheMysticalOrder LS. Give Siren some credit Evviva and thank you for keeping the Ballista community still rocking!!

Siren is the server that originated the way we play to this day, it was the absolute server with paragon players.

Having played Ballista on Siren a few years ago(my name was Oranges). I have nothing but good things to say! I met amazing pioneer players like Barlog, Uruz and Teishi. Siren was consequently the server that I realized how Ballista is meant to be played.

Apologies Lordgrim for not giving Siren recognition earlier, thanks for posting =)

Siren is the birth place of Ballista Revolution.
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-07-16 06:36:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aelius said: »
I'd like to try this out but I only have drg and dnc for you guys to throw death at.

Great, check out the official match schedule posted in the OP and join us when you're able!
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-07-16 15:26:58
Link | Quote | Reply

ふぃー さら/Saraphy/Carbuncle
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-07-16 15:28:16
Link | Quote | Reply

FF11 バリスタ 公式 沼 7月9日  パート2 鞄鯖