Link | Quote | Reply

This is my story~
[+]
 Lakshmi.Evviva
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-06-14 13:26:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Two respectable Japanese players opinion on NA Ballista players.
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-06-14 14:32:11
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI Ballista バリスタ Diorama 箱 Carbuncle 2012/06/13 MNK POV 6 vs 6(1)
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-06-15 23:08:27
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI Ballista バリスタ Diorama 箱 Carbuncle 2012/06/15 MNK POV 5 vs 5
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-06-15 23:43:06
Link | Quote | Reply

For anyone kind enough(or bored enough!) to click on this thread, I thank you =)

Similarly, I would like to pose a few questions apropos~

1) Were you aware that FFXI has a PvP system?
2) Do you enjoy PvP style gameplay?
3) Do you have a "Ballista License"?
4) Have you ever tried Ballista?
4a) What did you not like about it?
4b) What did you like about it?
5) Would you support a Ballista update, or would you rather prefer a new PvP system?

Thanks for reading, and consequently answering any question(s)!

~
 Bismarck.Minibuddha
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Minibuddha 2012-06-16 10:46:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Evviva said: »
For anyone kind enough(or bored enough!) to click on this thread, I thank you =) Similarly, I would like to pose a few questions apropos~ 1) Were you aware that FFXI has a PvP system? 2) Do you enjoy PvP style gameplay? 3) Do you have a "Ballista License"? 4) Have you ever tried Ballista? 4a) What did you not like about it? 4b) What did you like about it? 5) Would you support a Ballista update, or would you rather prefer a new PvP system? Thanks for reading, and consequently answering any question(s)! ~

Well Evviva I would be happy to answer these for you. Also I need to get Minibuddha corrected as he is on Lakshmi not Bismarck (have i been that lazy lol).
1. Gee yes I have since 2004. I participated in the Ballista Royale under Daos in 2005 for the Sylph Server along with many other colorful names and characters. Our team was wiped out by the Titan server as our team was WAR, BLM, RDM (me), NIN, SAM and RNG. The team we faced was WAR, RNG, RNG, WHM, SAM, DRG. We were very much outmatched sadly but at least I obtained a crown and our server knew who was top Dawgs for about a week haha.
2. Yes I do it challanges myself to become a better player and focuses on more gear and stratagy.
3. Yes I do.
4. Yes many many many many times love it.
4a. I have no flaws in the system. Its well done as per job. I can say that the only thing is the ballista points max at 2000. Why not lower the amount of points for items or raise the max to 5000 maybe?
4b. i love it. The people, the system, how it works, the stratagies. Its all in good fun. If most people can handle that (some can not)
5. I would like a few minor changes. First off Just allow all the items in ballista (depending on level) to be obtainable for points. Giants drinks, elixirs, things like that sort. Also make items available for outside ballista. Like if you want to get a Revitalizer, use ballista points to pick it up. I also say allow Revitalizers to happen more often so you do not have to die 3 times to make revitalizer spawns happen more often. Otherwise the system is perfect as it is :)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-06-16 10:58:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Minibuddha said: »
For anyone kind enough(or bored enough!) to click on this thread, I thank you =) Similarly, I would like to pose a few questions apropos~ 1) Were you aware that FFXI has a PvP system? 2) Do you enjoy PvP style gameplay? 3) Do you have a "Ballista License"? 4) Have you ever tried Ballista? 4a) What did you not like about it? 4b) What did you like about it? 5) Would you support a Ballista update, or would you rather prefer a new PvP system? Thanks for reading, and consequently answering any question(s)! ~
Well Evviva I would be happy to answer these for you. Also I need to get Minibuddha corrected as he is on Lakshmi not Bismarck (have i been that lazy lol). 1. Gee yes I have since 2004. I participated in the Ballista Royale under Daos in 2005 for the Sylph Server along with many other colorful names and characters. Our team was wiped out by the Titan server as our team was WAR, BLM, RDM (me), NIN, SAM and RNG. The team we faced was WAR, RNG, RNG, WHM, SAM, DRG. We were very much outmatched sadly but at least I obtained a crown and our server knew who was top Dawgs for about a week haha. 2. Yes I do it challanges myself to become a better player and focuses on more gear and stratagy. 3. Yes I do. 4. Yes many many many many times love it. 4a. I have no flaws in the system. Its well done as per job. I can say that the only thing is the ballista points max at 2000. Why not lower the amount of points for items or raise the max to 5000 maybe? 4b. i love it. The people, the system, how it works, the stratagies. Its all in good fun. If most people can handle that (some can not) 5. I would like a few minor changes. First off Just allow all the items in ballista (depending on level) to be obtainable for points. Giants drinks, elixirs, things like that sort. Also make items available for outside ballista. Like if you want to get a Revitalizer, use ballista points to pick it up. I also say allow Revitalizers to happen more often so you do not have to die 3 times to make revitalizer spawns happen more often. Otherwise the system is perfect as it is :)

Thanks Mini =)
 Bismarck.Minibuddha
By Bismarck.Minibuddha 2012-06-16 11:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Minibuddha said: »
Well Evviva I would be happy to answer these for you. Also I need to get Minibuddha corrected as he is on Lakshmi not Bismarck (have i been that lazy lol). 1. Gee yes I have since 2004. I participated in the Ballista Royale under Daos in 2005 for the Sylph Server along with many other colorful names and characters. Our team was wiped out by the Titan server as our team was WAR, BLM, RDM (me), NIN, SAM and RNG. The team we faced was WAR, RNG, RNG, WHM, SAM, DRG. We were very much outmatched sadly but at least I obtained a crown and our server knew who was top Dawgs for about a week haha. 2. Yes I do it challanges myself to become a better player and focuses on more gear and stratagy. 3. Yes I do. 4. Yes many many many many times love it. 4a. I have no flaws in the system. Its well done as per job. I can say that the only thing is the ballista points max at 2000. Why not lower the amount of points for items or raise the max to 5000 maybe? 4b. i love it. The people, the system, how it works, the stratagies. Its all in good fun. If most people can handle that (some can not) 5. I would like a few minor changes. First off Just allow all the items in ballista (depending on level) to be obtainable for points. Giants drinks, elixirs, things like that sort. Also make items available for outside ballista. Like if you want to get a Revitalizer, use ballista points to pick it up. I also say allow Revitalizers to happen more often so you do not have to die 3 times to make revitalizer spawns happen more often. Otherwise the system is perfect as it is :)
Thanks Mini =)

Always buddy :D You rock and im so glad i get to ballista you sometimes :DDD
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-06-16 14:54:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Always buddy :D You rock and im so glad i get to ballista you sometimes :DDD

You flatter me, thanks!
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2012-06-16 15:19:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, I'll bite since there's not much going on shout wise today and this thread got me nostalgic for years past.

Yup, used to do it alot with my LS years ago.

I enjoy it now and then. Bonus points if it's against people I actually know personally.

A license to kill in the name Altana and the Allied Nations, check.

Many times.

Wasn't fond that they would cancel the matches if not enough people showed up, and really didn't care for how they'd randomly place players on nations. If I'm aligned to the Federation of Windurst and we're having a match against Sandoria, I want to fight for my nation, not get dumped onto Sandy's side with random Bastokers. Also would have preferred if they scaled the money and exp rewards up more than it currently is, since I think you only win about... 3k gil and 1k exp for being on the winning team at max?

Another thing I didn't really care for was the slightly altered mechanics to make it more balanced. Magic being reduced in potency made it where mages were hardly viable options, as well as long casting times. Would suggest something akin to Combat Casting temp trait where if they're gonna reduce you like that, may as well give you faster casting speeds.

The atmosphere was the best part about it, honestly. Also the worst at times, since you never got a say honestly on which players you would play with or against, so some would use communication for better strategies while others would just do their own thing. Got to make some fun rivalries years ago since SMN was a very odd job to take to those, but some creativity and you could be an absolute menace to the opposing team. Also liked the gear change penalty, since it forced you to stand your grounds if you wanted to go all out.

5) Would you support a Ballista update, or would you rather prefer a new PvP system?

Like most players at this point, I rather see them do what they were teasing with ToAU all those years ago, and implement an arena system where players fight and others watch and can bet.

I'd also get behind a Ballista update if they...

A) Put in Ballista special gear to grind and unlock. We already build up points, and I'm sure they could give some Ballista effect gear and weapons just like Campaign Battle has, where they're only really effective in fights. Take it a step further if needed where you can convert GIL into ballista points if balance is an issue, and you'll suddenly be removing alot of this gil floating in circulation as I'm sure at least the JPs would dive bomb it. Or maybe not, they're kinda weird with how progression works out.
B) Maybe new modes where it's like objectives, instead of digging stones and then getting a kill and rush to turn in said stones before you get killed while having breach status. Imagine if they had it where you had to protect / kill a structure or VIP NPC like poorman capture the flag?
C) Better rewards that scale with cap, since you're not really having new money generated as much as you're pooling it and one side loses what they put in, so why not 10k - 100k entry? And uncapped should grant you a merit point at least since SE makes it rain exp everywhere nowadays.

Just my thoughts on it all.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-06-16 16:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Chilzen said: »
Eh, I'll bite since there's not much going on shout wise today and this thread got me nostalgic for years past.

Yup, used to do it alot with my LS years ago.

I enjoy it now and then. Bonus points if it's against people I actually know personally.

A license to kill in the name Altana and the Allied Nations, check.

Many times.

Wasn't fond that they would cancel the matches if not enough people showed up, and really didn't care for how they'd randomly place players on nations. If I'm aligned to the Federation of Windurst and we're having a match against Sandoria, I want to fight for my nation, not get dumped onto Sandy's side with random Bastokers. Also would have preferred if they scaled the money and exp rewards up more than it currently is, since I think you only win about... 3k gil and 1k exp for being on the winning team at max?

Another thing I didn't really care for was the slightly altered mechanics to make it more balanced. Magic being reduced in potency made it where mages were hardly viable options, as well as long casting times. Would suggest something akin to Combat Casting temp trait where if they're gonna reduce you like that, may as well give you faster casting speeds.

The atmosphere was the best part about it, honestly. Also the worst at times, since you never got a say honestly on which players you would play with or against, so some would use communication for better strategies while others would just do their own thing. Got to make some fun rivalries years ago since SMN was a very odd job to take to those, but some creativity and you could be an absolute menace to the opposing team. Also liked the gear change penalty, since it forced you to stand your grounds if you wanted to go all out.

Like most players at this point, I rather see them do what they were teasing with ToAU all those years ago, and implement an arena system where players fight and others watch and can bet.

I'd also get behind a Ballista update if they...

A) Put in Ballista special gear to grind and unlock. We already build up points, and I'm sure they could give some Ballista effect gear and weapons just like Campaign Battle has, where they're only really effective in fights. Take it a step further if needed where you can convert GIL into ballista points if balance is an issue, and you'll suddenly be removing alot of this gil floating in circulation as I'm sure at least the JPs would dive bomb it. Or maybe not, they're kinda weird with how progression works out.
B) Maybe new modes where it's like objectives, instead of digging stones and then getting a kill and rush to turn in said stones before you get killed while having breach status. Imagine if they had it where you had to protect / kill a structure or VIP NPC like poorman capture the flag?
C) Better rewards that scale with cap, since you're not really having new money generated as much as you're pooling it and one side loses what they put in, so why not 10k - 100k entry? And uncapped should grant you a merit point at least since SE makes it rain exp everywhere nowadays.

Just my thoughts on it all.

You bring up many valid points, most of them are easy fixes as mentioned!

Thanks for answering =)
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-06-17 10:48:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ballista Royale on Undine proposal~
 Shiva.Kolossuss
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Kolossuss 2012-06-17 11:57:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Yessir, since it's inception into XI.

I do to a certain extent. Not as an all-consuming game style, but as something on the side, as Ballista is. I also believe if implemented well, it could have an interesting place in the main game(see: Aion).

I do. Have had it for years.

I have, quite a few times. Also, Brenner, which I enjoyed a little more than just regular Ballista. That's not to say Ballista wasn't fun from time to time. Also worth noting: I participated on a LS team from Alexander during the Ballista Royale event.

Honestly, the way gear/stats/spells/JA's didn't translate so well to PvP. The AI of mobs in the game isn't really super advanced, and can be predictable and our gear sets and JA's/Spells are much more geared toward them. Players are very unpredictable, and nothing like the mobs AI. It made it really hard to know how to "gear properly", especially with the whole no macro swaps.

I definitely enjoyed the camaraderie, and the strategy(when you weren't on a team with people who just wanted to kill other players only..). Winning a high scoring match, or even a hard fought low scoring match, was great. When people work together legitimately as a team, defending rooks, (yes)slaughtering players as defense or offense(in order to score), and SCORING.. made for very memorable matches. Especially when you were able to get to know those in the Ballista community. I can't say I ever became a veteran, because it died out on Alexander. But I wish I could have.

I would definitely support a Ballista update. Whether or not they alter the system to make it a newer, fresh system, tweak the older system, or put in a brand new system all-together, I would be happy to see it. I don't currently play XI, but it might be worth playing the PvP matches if they were fun!
[+]
 Shiva.Tahngarthor
By Shiva.Tahngarthor 2012-06-17 12:20:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't post on the official forums right now because my sub isn't active but I had to address this posted by Evvivia:

First, the use of "NA" in here is discriminatory. There are just as many JP players that don't play ballista or don't get what it's "really about."

I have hundreds of official ballista matches under my belt, and at least a few under every cap setting. Even at lv99 I play the ballista game. I don't see it as just "beat em up." I won't deny that this perception exists, but it's really just a matter of players not taking it seriously. I don't consider these players very respectable if they're not aware of the fact that while ballista is more popular with JP, there are still tons of JP that don't play it for the same reasons most NA don't. This isn't a language or nationality issue.

So to get to the questions:

I wouldn't be posting this if I wasn't

Of course, but at a 'friendly competition' level, not a 'ubercompetitive hardcore' level.

of course

I have several hundred matches played.

I don't like the apparent JP attitude that there's only one way to play ballista and it's their way.
I don't like the equipment change penalty, though I understand the reason why it exists.
I don't like how it wasn't thoroughly balanced for the level cap and how lv60 is the most popular.
I don't like how difficult it is to pick up and play- it's hard to access, needing to get the license is enough to get most friends I invite to give up (too lazy to do the quest to walk all over the world)
I don't like how some people only want to duel and don't appriciate the fact that FFXI was designed as a team game and so is the PvP.
I don't like the total lack of reward (There could at least be cosmetic equipments for Ballista Points you could use to show off your PvP accomplishments), it's a major turn off to a lot of people on the fence that want to try something fun but don't want to be unproductive.

I like the cooperation and strategies involved. I like how the rook movement limits the mount of time a standoff can last, it's a well thought out mechanic. I like the challenge of combat against unpredictable targets that aren't just going to stand still and whack at you.
In short, I like weverything the veterans like about it. As Kolossus said, the only problem is it died too quickly, largely due to petty complaints.

5)Would you support a Ballista update, or would you rather prefer a new PvP system? Any PvP that people will actually play would bring me back to this game. Updating ballista in an effective way would be more than enough. Something new might be even better but far less likely.

In the early days, we'd have some super exciting battles with 50-80 people. With multiple rooks, you have multiple battles occuring in different locations and so each mini-team of sorts had to pull their own weight. It was crazy, it was intense, and it was a lot of fun. I'd give anything to have one of those again.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-06-17 14:11:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the answers everyone!
Very insightful, and very informative. I am personally working on a bit of a compendium, which I will reveal at a later time.
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-06-17 14:18:05
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI Ballista バリスタ Carbuncle SAM POV ((FULL)) Pashow! 06/16/2012
 Shiva.Kolossuss
By Shiva.Kolossuss 2012-06-17 15:16:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Carbuncle the unofficial FFXI Ballista server?
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-06-17 15:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi and Carbuncle unofficially.

Carbuncle ballista has a hard time starting up during na time, unless it's during the weekend. However, lakshmi is still going strong at most times of the day~

Should be noted, 60 cap matches are the most consistant, uncap matches have a tendency to get canceled quite often.

Also, Lakshmi has become Neo-Fenrir, as many Ballista players transferred there recently.. some not so respectable, unfortunately.
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-06-17 18:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Tahngarthor said: »
I can't post on the official forums right now because my sub isn't active but I had to address this posted by Evvivia:

First, the use of "NA" in here is discriminatory. There are just as many JP players that don't play ballista or don't get what it's "really about."

I have hundreds of official ballista matches under my belt, and at least a few under every cap setting. Even at lv99 I play the ballista game. I don't see it as just "beat em up." I won't deny that this perception exists, but it's really just a matter of players not taking it seriously. I don't consider these players very respectable if they're not aware of the fact that while ballista is more popular with JP, there are still tons of JP that don't play it for the same reasons most NA don't. This isn't a language or nationality issue.

I believe the screenshot text speaks for itself, pay attention to what Saffier has to say.

They are referring to the general consensus that "NA" players view Ballista as something it is not. They speak from experience, so discriminatory statements are aplenty indeed.

Speaking from personal experience; Ballista is a direct synonym for "Player vs Player" to the "NA" crowd that I have played with, as opposed to a direct antonym for the majority of the "JP" crowd that I have played with. That is to say skill differences are minor in detail, however.. the mindsets are poles apart.
 Shiva.Tahngarthor
By Shiva.Tahngarthor 2012-06-18 01:30:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
"Speaking from personal experience; Ballista is a direct synonym for "Player vs Player""

Err what? ballista IS "player vs player." You're competing with and against other players, instead of the environment. That's what player vs player means.

I'd agree that Saffier's outlook is not as bleak. s/he's a bit more spot on. I'll agree that some NA players don't really embrace the teamwork element as much as they should

Unless you're trying to suggest that everyone in the NA crowd thinks "Player vs Player" means "deathmatch." Which that's not true either. Most people I know understand that ballista has a distinct goal.
Quote:
"They are referring to the general consensus that "NA" players view Ballista as something it is not. They speak from experience,"

They're getting the wrong readings from their experiences then. I think most people understand what ballista is, and simply decide that it's not really what they're looking for. Others simply see it just as a fun diversion and choose not to be serious about it- it doesn't mean they don't understand the game of ballista.

Really, the whole image is a bunch of "respected" JP players saying NA people are all clueless and don't know what ballista is, and that's just not true.

These allegedly respected players need to get off their high horse and step down to meet prospective players instead of labelling them all clueless and just ignoring them. I have no respect for people who take such a negative attitude of people they perceve as below them. You yourself fueled this fire by declaring NA players are not likely to change. I think it's reasonable for me to be resentful of the comments in that pic. FFXI was never marketed as a PvP game and thus nobody that was looking for a competitive MMO experience turned to FFXI. It's really that simple.
 Phoenix.Sayomi
Server: Phoenix
user: Sayomi
By Phoenix.Sayomi 2012-06-18 03:48:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Not so respectable because you condem the idea of anything but uncap? You talk a good game gotta give you that much. You invited a plethora of people to come to Lak just to abandon them shortly afterwards because they wanted to do more then just 60cap matches and actually intended to play, not some twisted deathmatch but an actual match your response was "uncap is broken, or uncap requires too much gear I cant obtain" so instead of just being open minded you kicked them from your ls, you sir are two face and a liar, if your gonna support ballista support every aspect of it not just 1 form of pvp and 1 particular cap, we all know you spent millions on 60 cap gear but cmon dude. I think I speak for most Lak players on this particular subject. Thanks for reading <3 sorry im not one of your adoring fans posting <3 That server actually suits your playstyle, a little blue rabbit thing that looks terrified of its own shadow, yea that'll do just fine for you and your pals!
[+]
By deshi 2012-06-18 04:53:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sayomi said: »
!
evv didn't boot you, i did, and for good reason. if you want to talk about that, send me a PM.

we're very specific when we talk to new players about the server we're on, but you just jumped without making sure it was what you wanted. we could have told you uncap never happens, etc.

regarding uncap, balance/gear/whatever doesn't matter, the main point is this - i'll just beat the dead horse once more here - we aren't interested because there's no team competition at that cap. plenty of our ls members have played on the test server in teams against random people (and won 99% of the time) and even at that cap everyone i've seen is only thinking about themselves or the "solo" part of ballista.

evv's been advertising for our 60 cap situation because there's a serious following, and that's what makes ballista fun. he's been nothing but a gentleman so direct your e-rage somewhere else. at me if you like.
 Phoenix.Sayomi
By Phoenix.Sayomi 2012-06-18 05:20:10
Link | Quote | Reply

PARTY FOUL! Actually nobody booted me, I dropped LS after you people abused several members, It was so pathetic I couldnt help but pity the people you bullies singled out so I left and joined them. I never really gave a reason for anyone to boot me I barely said two words, lets not lie to make ourselves look cool on forums now, tsk tsk lol and what E-rage? I'm just callin out the shenanigans as i see them.
Besides I might have saved someone 25$ just now, thats a reward all on its own (*^-^) I r t3h geico lizard
By deshi 2012-06-18 05:48:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Besides I might have saved someone 25$ just now, thats a reward all on its own (*^-^)

well, if you're planning on keeping people like you away from us, then i won't stop you. in fact, you have my support.

lets not lie to make ourselves look cool on forums now, tsk tsk lol and what E-rage
my 10 posts and mostly anon account certainly puts my name up in lights.

think whatever you like as long as you keep your misguided opinions of evv's work to yourself.
 Phoenix.Sayomi
By Phoenix.Sayomi 2012-06-18 05:52:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm so sorry I didn't mean to upset you, please don't hurt me.
 Shiva.Tahngarthor
By Shiva.Tahngarthor 2012-06-18 10:39:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
if your gonna support ballista support every aspect of it not just 1 form of pvp and 1 particular cap,

Totally agree. Every aspect of ballista should be supported, not just the one BR and the "best" JP players prefer.

Quote:
evv's been advertising for our 60 cap situation because there's a serious following,
Ballista as a whole doesn't have a "serious following." Cult following is more accurate. If ballista had a "serious following", you wouldn't have to push people to jump to your server in order for them to play it. If ballista had a serious following, there would be people to play with on every server.

I don't know about you but the fact that people have to dogpile on one or two servers to be able to play it is an indication that ballista has some issues that could be improved upon.

I thoroughly enjoyed ballista and wish SE would revive it. But honestly, the fact that a level-capped event is the most popular form is a problem. Nobody likes to keep low level gear around anymore, because most level caps were removed. Why were they removed? They're a hassle and people don't like them. When i play ballista, regardless of the cap, I play the game of ballista. It's not just a deathmatch.

(Although they made it needlessly complicated, I also enjoyed Brenner and I wish they fixed that up as well and just made it ordinary CTF or developed it further into an Alterac Valley type of thing)

Why should anyone have to abandon their friends to play one event out of many in the game?
[+]
 Phoenix.Sayomi
By Phoenix.Sayomi 2012-06-18 12:05:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Its all good saying your good at one cap is like saying your the king of special ed, heres the sad truth behind capped ballista, you can only adapt to a certain amount of spells JA and gear and attack power, they say uncap is broken because they hide behind a ton of defense items very rare to come across or HQ and utalize this advantage, and I give them credit for it but uncap is different because the best gear in the game wont save you from getting mauled by a brd with a dagger, uncap isn't broken if you know how to neutralize the threats and utalize team work, but most importantly have fun. In fact lately because of dedicated fans on the server these morons ditched there has been alot of good uncap matches, like teeth grinding heart pounding moments where one team wins by a hair on their butt. I love ballista I loved every cap, I even endured thier supposed elite form of it just because im open minded to alot of things.

I'll tell you this they only enjoy a match when they are winning or when they can't be K.Od because they hide in the back most of the match, the best part is when they abuse the "Hyper Mode" ballista has, which is if you are losing in score if you use up almost every JA including 2hour and die 3 times without HPing at all you're percentage of finding overpowering items is increased by 80% meaning when you quarry near a rook with this on you can usually pick up 4 giants drinks or 5 revitalizers within 5 mins and what they will do is stay a few points behind the entire match just to take advantage of it until last 10mins of playing to pull ahead and win.

Even with them doing this I endured it and so did everyone on Lak just because of the passion they had with Ballista as an event and I give them Kudos for it. They can say what they want to cover up their butts but people who really know them know how they are and I feel bad for any misguided person who follows them and wastes money xfering to them like so many have. Save yourself 50 bucks and just enjoy what you're doing where you are because your gonna spend that extra 25 bucks just counting the days when you can leave and go back to the friends you currently have.
 Shiva.Tahngarthor
By Shiva.Tahngarthor 2012-06-18 13:17:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Its all good saying your good at one cap is like saying your the king of special ed
now, I undersand and mostly agree with what you're saying, but I don't think it's necessary to be insulting to any one group (which is why I called out the "respected" JP players that effectively labeled most NA players as inferior and "not getting it.") It's fine if those people want to stick to a certain cap. Let them. They're just missing out on the full experience afforded by playing at all the different tiers.

I respect what Ballista Revolution wants to accomplish. I do not respect efforts to get people to move to their server to play it. Their efforts should be focused on finding people who want to spark the effort on their server, trying to do it on the test srever, and trying to convince SE to take another look at PvP, because all of us who ever enjoyed it, regardless of the reason or our perception of what ballista is, would like to see an update to it.
 Bismarck.Minibuddha
By Bismarck.Minibuddha 2012-06-18 17:33:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Its all good saying your good at one cap is like saying your the king of special ed, heres the sad truth behind capped ballista, you can only adapt to a certain amount of spells JA and gear and attack power, they say uncap is broken because they hide behind a ton of defense items very rare to come across or HQ and utalize this advantage, and I give them credit for it but uncap is different because the best gear in the game wont save you from getting mauled by a brd with a dagger, uncap isn't broken if you know how to neutralize the threats and utalize team work, but most importantly have fun. In fact lately because of dedicated fans on the server these morons ditched there has been alot of good uncap matches, like teeth grinding heart pounding moments where one team wins by a hair on their butt. I love ballista I loved every cap, I even endured thier supposed elite form of it just because im open minded to alot of things. I'll tell you this they only enjoy a match when they are winning or when they can't be K.Od because they hide in the back most of the match, the best part is when they abuse the "Hyper Mode" ballista has, which is if you are losing in score if you use up almost every JA including 2hour and die 3 times without HPing at all you're percentage of finding overpowering items is increased by 80% meaning when you quarry near a rook with this on you can usually pick up 4 giants drinks or 5 revitalizers within 5 mins and what they will do is stay a few points behind the entire match just to take advantage of it until last 10mins of playing to pull ahead and win. Even with them doing this I endured it and so did everyone on Lak just because of the passion they had with Ballista as an event and I give them Kudos for it. They can say what they want to cover up their butts but people who really know them know how they are and I feel bad for any misguided person who follows them and wastes money xfering to them like so many have. Save yourself 50 bucks and just enjoy what you're doing where you are because your gonna spend that extra 25 bucks just counting the days when you can leave and go back to the friends you currently have.

I understand what you say. I however have multiple characters so I get the best of all worlds. My rl friends, ballista and all.

I enjoy ballista, always have. I first started it in 2004, a LS from sylph I was in, wanted to have fun and had a bunch of 30s come to a 60 cap to watch and play. So therefore we did. Now of course use 30s lost easily but...it made me feel determined to get to 60 and face them again. And I did. in 2005 the ballista royale came around. I was so excited to be part of the winning team in ballista. My characters name Minibuddha. We won the sylph division. I even have my crown still to prove it too. I enjoyed it and got to play with friends.

I also enjoyed making new friends on Bismarck and challenging them. I found ballista as a way to push myself to be a better player and to get smart. To this day I play on Lakshmi with new friends and family that I enjoy. Now I know some people ruin it, usually 14 year olds who cant grab their *Cough* excuse me. They shout, get violent and do stupid stuff and i know it ruins it. I for one enjoy FFXI and all it has to offer. However i get tired of facing monsters, knowing how one acts.

Ballista is a nice change from the everyday game. I actually have a real target and I am fighting someone with intellengence. Even if its dumb intellengence, at least they fight back and come up with a stratagy and challenging myself. I do not need exp for gil or gear or something to attract me.

If anything, ballista has helped me gain respect from my friends and i respect them and honor them too. Even if they are JP, most of them have sent me tells saying "good job
" or "you are tough." A few have become good friends too. Especially Kucchan. He notices different levels of ballista but he told me "you are gentleman" and that right there is respect. I give him the same respect back and all.

If ballista is not your thing so be it, but i say try something new, do not just put it down right away. Its like telling me have you had chocolate before, you say yes and then i give you chocolate and you dont want it, you turn it away and say no I dont like it, when you clearly say I have and lied and have not. Evviva runs a good program and I enjoy ballista with him or facing him. Idc if he kills me 500 times, thats a part of stratagy.

Also I understand Hyper but I do not play in Hyper. I play as if I have zero extra lives and I keep fighting to the end. If someone chooses Hyper let them. It just means you have to come up with a skill to knock them out. It could be by not fighting them, sleeping them, binding them and running, killing others who are not Hyper.

This is just my 2 cents on ballista.
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-06-19 18:48:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Tahngarthor said: »
Their efforts should be focused on finding people who want to spark the effort on their server, trying to do it on the test srever, and trying to convince SE to take another look at PvP, because all of us who ever enjoyed it, regardless of the reason or our perception of what ballista is, would like to see an update to it.

That is exactly what we are doing, thanks!

Its all good saying your good at one cap is like saying your the king of special ed, heres the sad truth behind capped ballista, you can only adapt to a certain amount of spells JA and gear and attack power, they say uncap is broken because they hide behind a ton of defense items very rare to come across or HQ and utalize this advantage, and I give them credit for it but uncap is different because the best gear in the game wont save you from getting mauled by a brd with a dagger, uncap isn't broken if you know how to neutralize the threats and utalize team work, but most importantly have fun. In fact lately because of dedicated fans on the server these morons ditched there has been alot of good uncap matches, like teeth grinding heart pounding moments where one team wins by a hair on their butt. I love ballista I loved every cap, I even endured thier supposed elite form of it just because im open minded to alot of things.

I'll tell you this they only enjoy a match when they are winning or when they can't be K.Od because they hide in the back most of the match, the best part is when they abuse the "Hyper Mode" ballista has, which is if you are losing in score if you use up almost every JA including 2hour and die 3 times without HPing at all you're percentage of finding overpowering items is increased by 80% meaning when you quarry near a rook with this on you can usually pick up 4 giants drinks or 5 revitalizers within 5 mins and what they will do is stay a few points behind the entire match just to take advantage of it until last 10mins of playing to pull ahead and win.

Even with them doing this I endured it and so did everyone on Lak just because of the passion they had with Ballista as an event and I give them Kudos for it. They can say what they want to cover up their butts but people who really know them know how they are and I feel bad for any misguided person who follows them and wastes money xfering to them like so many have. Save yourself 50 bucks and just enjoy what you're doing where you are because your gonna spend that extra 25 bucks just counting the days when you can leave and go back to the friends you currently have.

Sayomi.... you should be the last person to call someone a two faced liar..
I have many things I could say to the wall of text directed to tarnish our reputation. In fact, I could disect every single sentence you wrote and prove you wrong. But honestly, I think you did a fantastic job of discrediting your own argument.

Image and video provided by Vyii, directly taken from Why Are People So…?

Besides, Evviva has been back on Lakshmi, so you might get your chance to exercise your supreme powers over me.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8