Ballista Revolution
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Lakshmi.Evviva
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-05-16 13:22:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ballista Revolution

I just want to throw this word out there to any remaining or new Ballista players so that they can be better informed of the current situation.

♣♦♣♦♣♦♣♦♣♦♣♦♣♦♣♦

I'm hoping to get a community established on the test server for those that can't server hop to:

[♦]Carbuncle[60 cap Official Matches + Elite Diorama]

[♣]Phoenix[Elite 1v1]

[♦]Lakshmi [I don't have an applicable link here - but it's a server known for 99 cap Official Matches now.]

[♣]Fenrir[60 cap Official matches, diorama matches, and some uncap official matches. For more information, contact Ayerro.]

♣♦♣♦♣♦♣♦♣♦♣♦♣♦♣♦

Ballista Royale on Undine proposal~
NA vs JP
Was Ballista your favourite thing to do in FFXI?
Ballista - Test Server!
FFXI Ballista: Vocal Remarks

This is the program I use regarding the official match schedule.

♣♦♣♦♣♦♣♦♣♦♣♦♣♦♣♦

For those really dedicated, we run a LS that focuses on playing with JP players in the diorama. If you are interested in becoming a member of Ballista Revolution; please don't hesitate to contact us, thank you.

Welcome to Ballista Revolution

Members
Archives
Rooks
Lv60 Sync
How to Organize Diorama (Hako)
Strategy 001: Temp. Team Strategy
Strategy 002: Two Hours & Mage Killing
Strategy 003: Field Advantages & Deep Analysis
Strategy 004: Quarrying Theories
Strategy 005: Battle Skill vs. Tech Skill (Hyper)
Strategy 006: Hyper Experimentation
Strategy 007: X-Hyper
Strategy 008: How to Improve in Ballista
Strategy 009: Generalized Quarry Theory

♣♦♣♦♣♦♣♦♣♦♣♦♣♦♣♦

Various youtube channels within our community:
Teishi
Vyiv
Teska
Valvosa
Yayokichi
Galkax
Irvinez
Zirk
Selt
Zeni
Saraphy
Valenty
Tigerbalm
Galkax
Nordal

Evviva
This is my story~

♣♦♣♦♣♦♣♦♣♦♣♦♣♦♣♦

I will supplement this thread with Ballista videos, screenshots, live streams and blog posts from our community.

I thank you all for your time and will be happy to answer any questions.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-05-17 12:09:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Maintenance bump~
 Phoenix.Urteil
Server: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-05-17 13:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Cool stuff.

Though I'd say that page certainly isn't helping Abraham, Anahalal. Whatever. Haha.

This entire website excites me greatly and I learned much from it, which was an incredible feeling.

This is quite promising there are people this knowledgeable, one day with server merges I hope with Liberator to duel all of them, Burtgangs, Aegis, Ochain, Death Penalties, Blue Mages, Red Mages and all!

Thank you Eviva.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-05-17 16:16:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm glad you liked it =)
I hope everyone who happens to read the blog gets a better understanding of how ballista is played in a team setting!
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-05-17 19:06:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Enjoy, let us know what you think.
Looking into recording every session from now on.
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-05-18 02:18:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Two more sessions on the way from both V and I.
DRK + PLD POV, and DRG + SAM POV~
By Crystainn 2012-05-19 05:29:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Truth of the Matter is, While I admire you trying to revitalize
ballista, It has been attempted over and over again. I recently
came back to the game specifically for Ballista. I wanted to do PvP
60 cap while at the same time playing FFXIV for PvE, and I must say
the way Ballista has gone is down right embarassing.

Very little teamwork and even less communication. Most people going
just for kills and not scoring. It seems the mentality of the NA players is strictly "I'm gonna dominate over every player in this
battle" while remaining entirely solo and not score. Even when you try to play like this, It's nothing but a /sprint fest. I played a 5v5 and could not kill ANYONE since all the other team did was run in hit you once, and run back to their team. How is this suppose to be fun?

It's honestly so awful that I am gonna play my character until the
time runs out at the end of the month and once again let it remain
deactivated until FFXIV gets PvP. It's not even that I suck, I've been doing ballista since 2006 or 2007, and at least back then it was fun and had the elements to keep me playing it.

Sure, I've done ballista where I haven't scored, but I was always
stopping others from scoring or at least calling GB and Petra status out.

I don't blame JP players for giving up on this. Sorry for ranting on your post man, good video and good commentary. I'm just ashamed to see what ballista has been reduced to.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-05-19 15:46:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Tokyie Rage said: »
Truth of the Matter is, While I admire you trying to revitalize ballista, It has been attempted over and over again. I recently came back to the game specifically for Ballista. I wanted to do PvP 60 cap while at the same time playing FFXIV for PvE, and I must say the way Ballista has gone is down right embarassing. Very little teamwork and even less communication. Most people going just for kills and not scoring. It seems the mentality of the NA players is strictly "I'm gonna dominate over every player in this battle" while remaining entirely solo and not score. Even when you try to play like this, It's nothing but a /sprint fest. I played a 5v5 and could not kill ANYONE since all the other team did was run in hit you once, and run back to their team. How is this suppose to be fun? It's honestly so awful that I am gonna play my character until the time runs out at the end of the month and once again let it remain deactivated until FFXIV gets PvP. It's not even that I suck, I've been doing ballista since 2006 or 2007, and at least back then it was fun and had the elements to keep me playing it. Sure, I've done ballista where I haven't scored, but I was always stopping others from scoring or at least calling GB and Petra status out. I don't blame JP players for giving up on this. Sorry for ranting on your post man, good video and good commentary. I'm just ashamed to see what ballista has been reduced to.

.... I couldn't agree more with what you said.
Ballista is the most misunderstood event in FFXI. Thus it promotes certain tactics that stray far away from actual Ballista gameplay.

However, Lakshmi, in it's current state is a shadow of its former self.

Honestly, all of us have been there, no need to apologize.
I encourage everyone to read this blog entry: Why Are People So…?
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-05-19 16:41:39
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI Ballista Carbuncle 箱 2012/05/17 [1]
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-05-20 07:28:52
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI Ballista Carbuncle 箱 2012/05/17 [2]
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-05-20 07:32:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, if you enjoy ballista, and haven't actually taken a glance at v's blog, I strongly urge you to take a moment. Rukenshin is to PvE as Vyii is to PvP.
 Bahamut.Itze
Server: Bahamut
user: Itze
By Bahamut.Itze 2012-05-20 08:26:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not a huge fan of ballista but just spent the last hour reading through your posts and I must say there are some crazy die hard fans of it.

It's awesome you find enjoyment in it and make it seem so appealing but god damn >_> The inventory space I would be giving up to do it would be so sad.
 Bahamut.Itze
Server: Bahamut
user: Itze
By Bahamut.Itze 2012-05-20 08:44:16
Link | Quote | Reply

>_> Ok I got to the part where you went to GM jail and said it was car insurance. That was priceless.
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-05-20 10:33:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Itze said: »
I'm not a huge fan of ballista but just spent the last hour reading through your posts and I must say there are some crazy die hard fans of it. It's awesome you find enjoyment in it and make it seem so appealing but god damn >_> The inventory space I would be giving up to do it would be so sad.
Die hard fans indeed lol.

Just to clarify, this is Vyii's blog, not mine;

Inventory space is indeed an issue, I agree - if you're looking to equip a multitude of jobs.. your inventory will be pretty full. However, a lot of the jobs re-use a majority of the equipment, and in reality gear was never the main component of 60 cap ballista(unless you're min-maxing to an extreme degree; read repeated augmenting).
As reference, I have a few basic, easily attainable equipment sets listed for every job: Basic level 60 equipment sets

Also, my personal belief:
Variables that come to my mind, not listed in this blog entry:
Race, equipment, skill, strategy.

In 60 cap ballista, the following remains true:
Strategy >> Skill >> Race >> Equipment

In 99 cap ballista, the following remains true:
Equipment >> Strategy >> Skill >> Race

Internet speed, and computer speed not included.

Share your thoughts~
Copy pasted from the comments section Ranking
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-05-20 18:54:53
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI Ballista 箱 Hako 2012/05/17 DRK POV((FULL))

FFXI Ballista 箱 Hako 2012/05/17 PLD POV((FULL))

Apologies for the audio swap;
Youtube blocked my video in several countries because of my music selection.. so I had to compromise!
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-06-01 10:18:56
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI Ballista 箱 Hako 2012/05/30 DRG POV((3/6))
 Lakshmi.Karppa
user: Karppa
By Lakshmi.Karppa 2012-06-01 13:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

1st I would like to apogoly that i'm drunk and my grammar is pretty bad my native language is Finland I'been played Ballista since 2006 and I have met great Ballista players most of were from JP like Munieru I have proud to see his name still in my Flist even that he quit long time ago.. you guys are great players can't deny that so Greetings V and Evv u guys know me I understand that playing in Laksmi didn't challenge much..but I play Ballista as for fun and would like to see myself as average player at least,umm point what I am try say is if u play Ballista too "Professional" way kinda kills Ballista most of us play Ballista for fun. After all this just MMORPG^^ many players came from Fenrir cuz they think this is Balli server where Balli really happens but... u guys jumped to Carbuncle ofc I can live without it ... just make me thinkin thats not cool.
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-06-01 19:40:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Karppa said: »
1st I would like to apogoly that i'm drunk and my grammar is pretty bad my native language is Finland I'been played Ballista since 2006 and I have met great Ballista players most of were from JP like Munieru I have proud to see his name still in my Flist even that he quit long time ago.. you guys are great players can't deny that so Greetings V and Evv u guys know me I understand that playing in Laksmi didn't challenge much..but I play Ballista as for fun and would like to see myself as average player at least,umm point what I am try say is if u play Ballista too "Professional" way kinda kills Ballista most of us play Ballista for fun. After all this just MMORPG^^ many players came from Fenrir cuz they think this is Balli server where Balli really happens but... u guys jumped to Carbuncle ofc I can live without it ... just make me thinkin thats not cool.

/wave Gnus

My personal belief is that rude and arrogant players destroy Ballista. Not "Professional" players.

It's interesting, information pertaining to our linkshell has always been readily available. Even during the Siren days. Numerous outreach attempts have always fallen on deaf ears.

Lakshmi was heaven for us. Official matches occurring at any time of the day, competitive diorama matches around the clock. In spite of this, only a select few recognized this phenomenon. That said; our objective was always eloquent - have fun(to us, nothing in this game quite compares to Ballista), persist a respectful communal, rectify the NA Ballista player image, and of course play with the best.

Prior to the arrival of the hot mess Fenrir players, the status of Lakshmi was beginning to falter. Principally, a large collective of very respectful players transferred to Carbuncle. Essentially, a lot of players missed the boat.

I'll quote Crystainn for a moment:
Tokyie Rage said: »
Truth of the Matter is, While I admire you trying to revitalize
ballista, It has been attempted over and over again. I recently
came back to the game specifically for Ballista. I wanted to do PvP
60 cap while at the same time playing FFXIV for PvE, and I must say
the way Ballista has gone is down right embarassing.

Very little teamwork and even less communication. Most people going
just for kills and not scoring. It seems the mentality of the NA players is strictly "I'm gonna dominate over every player in this
battle" while remaining entirely solo and not score. Even when you try to play like this, It's nothing but a /sprint fest. I played a 5v5 and could not kill ANYONE since all the other team did was run in hit you once, and run back to their team. How is this suppose to be fun?

It's honestly so awful that I am gonna play my character until the
time runs out at the end of the month and once again let it remain
deactivated until FFXIV gets PvP. It's not even that I suck, I've been doing ballista since 2006 or 2007, and at least back then it was fun and had the elements to keep me playing it.

Sure, I've done ballista where I haven't scored, but I was always
stopping others from scoring or at least calling GB and Petra status out.

I don't blame JP players for giving up on this. Sorry for ranting on your post man, good video and good commentary. I'm just ashamed to see what ballista has been reduced to.

I am able to see how our play-style can be interpreted as "Professional", likewise I am able to see this as a potential deterrent. However, to better understand these terms in regards to Ballista, I believe strict meaning goes right out the window.

For example:
- Player A loves Ballista.
- Makes the utmost effort to participate in every official match as time allows it.
- Frequently checks other players equipment for comparison.
- Indulges in job combinations tailored for individual exaltation.
- Actively participates in endgame events and casual FFXI related events.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
- Player B loves Ballista.
- Makes the utmost effort to participate in every official match and competitive diorama match as time allows it.
- Frequently checks other players equipment for comparison.
- Indulges in job combinations tailored for group exaltation.
- Remains informed via various sources.
- Augments certain equipment pieces manifold.

Dedication and attitude is the largest facet that differentiates the two players. Skill is secondary and tertiary, and is absolutely adopted.. willingly, that is.

From our perspective, the people that play for "Fun"(Player A) - are an amazing addition, they are not even remotely the reason that we left Lakshmi. Instead the reason might be more clear with this entry.

In a nutshell, the goals that I listed earlier in this post were being questioned; forcing our move.

You're absolutely right. Lakshmi was the Ballista server.
 Lakshmi.Famousplatinum
By Lakshmi.Famousplatinum 2012-06-01 19:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't be to sure of that, I've been on both Lakshmi and Fenrir and would have to say Fenrir was the better AND biggest Ballista Server til lv increase. Wouldn't it be awesome if they merged the two?~:)
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-06-01 19:58:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Famousplatinum said: »
I wouldn't be to sure of that, I've been on both Lakshmi and Fenrir and would have to say Fenrir was the better AND biggest Ballista Server til lv increase. Wouldn't it be awesome if they merged the two?~:)
You're right, I was on Fenrir for a long time before the level cap increase as well. It had many many players~
I can't personally speak for the quality and quantity of Lakshmi before the level cap increase.. as I was on Siren and Fenrir respectively, however...

I honestly believe a server merge is inbound in the near future, we'll just have to wait and see!
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-06-01 20:11:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe this entry privy to the point I am trying to make, copy/pasta~
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-06-02 10:41:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ballista Commentary
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-06-02 18:28:53
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI Ballista 箱 Hako 2012/06/01 RNG POV((1/5))
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-06-10 23:13:26
Link | Quote | Reply

OP updated~

Teska's latest vids:
Yayokichi's latest vids:
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-06-11 00:04:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Rooks

LV60-Sync

How to Organize Diorama (Hako)

Strategy 001: Temp. Team Strategy

Strategy 002: Two Hours & Mage Killing
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-06-11 00:07:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Strategy 003: Field Advantages & Deep Analysis

Strategy 004: Quarrying Theories

Strategy 005: Battle Skill vs. Tech Skill (Hyper)
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-06-11 00:10:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Strategy 006: Hyper Experimentation

Strategy 007: X-Hyper

Strategy 008: How to Improve in Ballista
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-06-13 18:47:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Please merge this thread, with this one! but if possible, keep the current title in this thread! Thanks!
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-06-13 20:10:20
Link | Quote | Reply

OP Updated~ Thanks for reading!
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-06-13 21:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI Ballista バリスタ Diorama 箱 Carbuncle 2012/06/13 MNK POV 6 vs 6(2)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8