Ballista Revolution
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Shiva.Tahngarthor
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Tahngarthor 2012-06-19 20:20:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Their efforts should be focused on finding people who want to spark the effort on their server,
I hope you read this part correctly, as by "their server" I don't mean "just your server."

Quote:
No worries guys, he's here.
[rude unnecessary quotes and comments]
I respectfully request you remove this from your post. I'm not here to "ruin threads," I'm here because ballista is a subject of importance to me, just as it is to you.

(I couldn't even understand the context of the comments without clicking the link. The tag meant nothing to me, and I never post on the BG forums for reasons obvious to anyone (demonstrated by the quotations)
 Lakshmi.Evviva
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-06-20 02:05:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Tahngarthor said: »
Quote:
Their efforts should be focused on finding people who want to spark the effort on their server,
I hope you read this part correctly, as by "their server" I don't mean "just your server."

Quote:
No worries guys, he's here.
[rude unnecessary quotes and comments]
I respectfully request you remove this from your post. I'm not here to "ruin threads," I'm here because ballista is a subject of importance to me, just as it is to you.

(I couldn't even understand the context of the comments without clicking the link. The tag meant nothing to me, and I never post on the BG forums for reasons obvious to anyone (demonstrated by the quotations)

I did read that sentence in the context presented. I(We)are working hard to revive Ballista in every sense. Even getting people to click on a thread that has Ballista in the title is an accomplishment in its own ;s.

The quote is deleted, as requested! Apologies, you were in the line of fire.
 Phoenix.Sayomi
Server: Phoenix
user: Sayomi
By Phoenix.Sayomi 2012-06-20 15:03:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Still sad you won't even step into an uncap match and i only did that 60cap just to prove im more open minded then you, ok good job I suck at 60cap you got me i never said i was good at it at all what exactly are you trying to prove? You and your goons are better then me at 60cap but the fact you wont even go into an uncap is pathetic. Just the simple fact you record matches and try to humiliate ppl with video is even more of a reason not to wanna play ballista with jerks like you.

My team was made of 3 all 3 of us didn't know each other or have we ever played with each other each of our strats were different and we became frustrated what did you expect was gonna happen in that scenario you moron lol.
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-06-20 16:57:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sayomi said: »
Still sad you won't even step into an uncap match and i only did that 60cap just to prove im more open minded then you, ok good job I suck at 60cap you got me i never said i was good at it at all what exactly are you trying to prove? You and your goons are better then me at 60cap but the fact you wont even go into an uncap is pathetic. Just the simple fact you record matches and try to humiliate ppl with video is even more of a reason not to wanna play ballista with jerks like you.

My team was made of 3 all 3 of us didn't know each other or have we ever played with each other each of our strats were different and we became frustrated what did you expect was gonna happen in that scenario you moron lol.

I really shouldn't be feeding the troll...

It is our prerogative to not participate in uncap matches. Just as it is yours to not participate in 60 cap matches. You dub yourself a hero for being open minded enough to participate in a 60 cap match... all... 6 of them? You know, the ones you played SAM/RNG and mashed sprint after someone looked your way? Your spurts of anger even then were irrational. Such as; completely going out of your way to hunt another player on the opposing team, severely damaging your team's chances of acquiring a win. Also, who could forget the infamous pouts in the middle of a match, where you'd /sit in the middle of the terrain and trash talk absolutely everyone. A hero indeed!

You fail to comment on the screenshot posted. The video posted is one of a training exercise. One that was going to be kept for our records only. However, you poised yourself to be the losing side due to your equipment limitations.. thus we obliged your request.

It should be noted, we have participated in plenty uncap matches.
Just two examples for now:
So before you slander my(our) name any further, I suggest you get your facts straight.
 Shiva.Tahngarthor
By Shiva.Tahngarthor 2012-06-21 00:48:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I consider the whole "hyper" thing to be exploiting unintended consequences of a flawed mechanic. I'm pretty sure you were there after the Legion test event when people were telling me about this. While I enjoy uncapped matches (and 60 cap mind you, just not as much), I don't enjoy exploiting a bug/unintended use of a feature to create insanity when normal level 99 stuff is plenty intense (as I said before, I like a little chaos... not an overdose of it lol). When I'm playing uncapped, I still play ballista the normal way it was designed to be played.

(And I thought I was being trolled when I was being told about the hyper thing, when it turns out it's really possible)

Regardless of level cap, I still want a good clean game. No exploits, but also no QQing and whining, which I'm sure isn't your favorite thing either. :p

It is true that some of your videos tend to show someone kicking *** and taking names rather than close battles. I don't however think it's intentional and it's more just the material you have to work with.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-06-21 13:03:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I consider the whole "hyper" thing to be exploiting unintended consequences of a flawed mechanic. I'm pretty sure you were there after the Legion test event when people were telling me about this. While I enjoy uncapped matches (and 60 cap mind you, just not as much), I don't enjoy exploiting a bug/unintended use of a feature to create insanity when normal level 99 stuff is plenty intense (as I said before, I like a little chaos... not an overdose of it lol). When I'm playing uncapped, I still play ballista the normal way it was designed to be played.

(And I thought I was being trolled when I was being told about the hyper thing, when it turns out it's really possible)

Regardless of level cap, I still want a good clean game. No exploits, but also no QQing and whining, which I'm sure isn't your favorite thing either. :p

It is true that some of your videos tend to show someone kicking *** and taking names rather than close battles. I don't however think it's intentional and it's more just the material you have to work with.

For anyone not familiar with hyper, I suggest you read the following entries. I linked and copy/pasted them earlier in the thread, but I will re-post.
I suggest reading the entries in the order presented~
The Problem: Revisited
Strategy 004: Quarrying Theories
Strategy 005: Battle Skill vs. Tech Skill (Hyper)
Strategy 006: Hyper Experimentation
Strategy 007: X-Hyper

Finally, my opinion when our testing was complete.

The common consensus within our community is that hyper is a de-evolution in play, and that certain players will rely on it far more than tried and true Ballista strategies. Our LS leader himself went on to say "These days, it's whoever can hyper better wins."

Since then, I have personally perfected the technique and grown to rely on it as a "bonus" feature, not a "lifeline". That is to say, my personal playstyle wasn't altered(ok I lied, I take advantage of reraise items when available to force hyper). I quarry just as much as before, but this time with more purpose. Our recent tests have tried to quantify the subjective strength of quarrying vs full-on attacking as a front line job in a level 60 capped ballista match. In the end, full-on attacking damage output was 3 times more than a quarrying approach, thus forcing the user to make a decision on each attack round. Hyper these days is interpreted as a "quarrying skill".

Hyper is a shock treatment for anyone new or returning to the Ballista scene.

Honestly, I'm not quite sure that my videos do enough justice for the players that participate in them. There is a huge amount of skill displayed, and hyper is only a speck in the bigger scheme of things.
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-06-21 13:23:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Furthermore, I encourage everyone, irregardless of the server, to consider a Ballista match when things are slow~
Posting the new official match schedule shortly.

I am personally working on a video entry showcasing the entire process of acquiring a Ballista license.
 Shiva.Tahngarthor
By Shiva.Tahngarthor 2012-06-21 16:53:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The common consensus within our community is that hyper is a de-evolution in play, and that certain players will rely on it far more than tried and true Ballista strategies. Our LS leader himself went on to say "These days, it's whoever can hyper better wins."
This makes it sound to me like you don't actually like this "hyper" thing, so why talk about it? It seems to me like the only talking point here is that it's something that should be fixed so it can't be used/abused. I would honestly pressure SE to fix this rather than accept it as part of the game. "hyper" should not be a skill nor be seen as one. Quarrying is supposed to be random with weighting (e.g. petras are more/less common with rook distance, stronger items are more common when losing / less common when winning but not something you can depend on by how often/when you quarry). If it's so non-random that the player can directly influence the result then IMO it needs to be changed.

[grammar police]
Quote:
irregardless
Regardless, not irregardless. "irregardless" is generally not considered a real word and means exactly the same thing as regardless. :p [end grammar police]

Quote:
Honestly, I'm not quite sure that my videos do enough justice for the players that participate in them.
The main thing you'll want to show is a close, tight battle. Fights that seem stacked (e.g. with a super skilled player going against weaker players) with someone kicking *** and taking names, while they seem fun to watch, honestly make me feel sorry for the guys that are getting stomped. Is it really a display of skill, or is it the other players not putting up as much of a fight? That's what I think you need to address.
By deshi 2012-06-21 17:19:39
Link | Quote | Reply

hyper fix?
the chance of anything in ballista being fixed is basically zero. there have been bugs and gaping holes in the system that allow people to abuse things much worse than hyper.. since the beginning.

hyper talk
it's not a simple situation unfortunately. the fact is, hyper is well known to the hardcore players and they will use it because it's simply the strongest way to fight. with that being said it's important that newer players understand how it works or else they risk goofing up badly.

when new players show up and suck, it makes hardcore players feel like games aren't worth going to (because it comes down to whichever team has the goofs will lose 99% of the time), and in turn causes games to be cancelled. our main goal is to just play ballista. so when games get cancelled, we're losing the fight.

the talk about hyper is important because it arms new players with the knowledge necessary to not be one of those goofs.

edit: i guess this makes things sound even more daunting than they should be. but "hyper" is very easy to learn. ballista as a whole isn't difficult to learn if you have an open mind and can take advice.
 Shiva.Tahngarthor
By Shiva.Tahngarthor 2012-06-21 17:31:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
the chance of anything in ballista being fixed is basically zero. there have been bugs and gaping holes in the system that allow people to abuse things much worse than hyper.. since the beginning.
I agree. But I also wouldn't accept it as "part of the game" and I would consider anybody who is repeatedly digging up revitalizers to be cheating.

Quote:
when new players show up and suck, it makes hardcore players feel like games aren't worth going to (because it comes down to whichever team has the goofs will lose 99% of the time), and in turn causes games to be cancelled. our main goal is to just play ballista. so when games get cancelled, we're losing the fight.
The main problem with this is simply the fact that the ballista crowd isn't big enough for these two groups to comfortably coexist. The most godly players, if they really want to help develop ballista, need to set aside their uber l33tness when dealing with potential new players and help them get acclimated.

Quote:
the talk about hyper is important because it arms new players with the knowledge necessary to not be one of those goofs.
Rather than arm new players with this knowledge, I'd rather disarm it from everyone. Players that know about it should not abuse it, nor should they tell anyone else about it. Like I said before, my stance is "hyper" is cheating. Smothering people with your 2 hours constantly is not a display of skill.

Quote:
edit: i guess this makes things sound even more daunting than they should be. but "hyper" is very easy to learn. ballista as a whole isn't difficult to learn if you have an open mind and can take advice.
Again: Hyper should not be learned. It should be suppressed- unless rampantly abusing it helps it get fixed...

I can say with relative certainty that SE did not intend when designing the quarry system for people to be able to exploit it to be able to get the item they want on command.

I am content with the fact that Evviva does seem to recognize it's a problem, though she, like you, has accepted its existence on the basis that it will probably never get fixed. I'm not content with that, personally. I don't feel it should be knowingly abused by anyone.
By deshi 2012-06-21 17:51:22
Link | Quote | Reply

hyper stuff
the point i was trying to make is that "hyper" simply won't go away. as much as we hated the idea of it when hyper became well known, we had to learn it and use it in order to stay competitive. and the same for other new players, JP or EU or NA or whathaveyou.

arguing over whether it's "cheating" or "not intented" simply doesn't factor into the equation. if you want to play at anywhere near a competitive level, you have to learn it.

i think it's important to mention that some people think it's made ballista better. while i don't agree myself, i can see where they're coming from. some jobs that were previously low tier become seriously viable top tier, and certain very fun aspects of the game become more accessible. it's not all doom and gloom when it comes to hyper.

exploit it to be able to get the item they want on command.

exaggeration or not, there's still a lot of luck involved with quarrying. using the "hyper" strategy just changes the pool of quarryable items. (you can't actually pick up 5 revitalizers in a row, well.. you could but that would be obscenely lucky. and that's in a test situation, in a serious battle it's much tougher.)
 Shiva.Tahngarthor
By Shiva.Tahngarthor 2012-06-21 18:17:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
if you want to play at anywhere near a competitive level,
It's a good thing then that I don't really want to play "competitively." I just want to play it. I want to be as good as I can be, mind you, but for me, it's something I purely do because it's fun- not because I get to beat somebody at something.

Quote:
i think it's important to mention that some people think it's made ballista better. while i don't agree myself, i can see where they're coming from. some jobs that were previously low tier become seriously viable top tier, and certain very fun aspects of the game become more accessible. it's not all doom and gloom when it comes to hyper.
I also respect, but don't agree with, their position. If SE were to ever devote 2 minutes of dev time to ballista, this is what I'd want them to address.
By deshi 2012-06-21 18:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

opinion
no offense, but i think you have to play in the environment before you can develop a real opinion of it. playing some games a long time ago doesn't really cut it. i know you had a run-in with some of my members over the whole thing, but don't let that cripple your judgement.

if you like summoner in ballista, hyper is the best thing since sliced bread.
 Shiva.Tahngarthor
By Shiva.Tahngarthor 2012-06-21 19:24:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
no offense, but i think you have to play in the environment before you can develop a real opinion of it. playing some games a long time ago doesn't really cut it. i know you had a run-in with some of my members over the whole thing, but don't let that cripple your judgement.
I have played in the environment- or more accurately been unwillingly subjected to it in an event which I hosted. Yes, I have an opinion but it's a reasonable one. this "hyper" concept is new relative to its existence. I see it as cheating because to me, it breaks the game. Who wins? The team that has the best group cohesion and most masterful control over their characters? or the ones that spam the most judgement bolts, eagle eye shots and benedictions? Beyond knowledge of its exitence and how it works, I don't see "hyper" being indicative of any sort of skill in a player. It just means they know how to abuse a badly designed system. I have played hundreds of official matches over the years- nobody has utilized this "hyper" concept or exhibited pattern of item use that suggests they utilized it.

Quote:
if you like summoner in ballista, hyper is the most OP thing since sliced bread.
fixed that.

Anyway... You've accepted it as part of the game, grudgingly of your own admission. I recognize its existence, but don't perceive it as enjoyable nor something I feel SHOULD be a part of the game. That's my opinion, call it whatever you want.

I also don't like it when you "quote" me but reduce it to a single word, as if to say "oh what was that you said, was it "bla bla bla bla blah?"

Quote:
but don't let that cripple your judgement.
It's rather hard not to be, when I had the crap trolled out of me at my own event. However, even if that didn't happen, I wouldn't have accepted it as a legitimate tactic.
By deshi 2012-06-21 20:27:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I have played in the environment- or more accurately been unwillingly subjected to it in an event which I hosted. Yes, I have an opinion but it's a reasonable one. this "hyper" concept is new relative to its existence. I see it as cheating because to me, it breaks the game. Who wins? The team that has the best group cohesion and most masterful control over their characters? or the ones that spam the most judgement bolts, eagle eye shots and benedictions? Beyond knowledge of its exitence and how it works, I don't see "hyper" being indicative of any sort of skill in a player. It just means they know how to abuse a badly designed system. I have played hundreds of official matches over the years- nobody has utilized this "hyper" concept or exhibited pattern of item use that suggests they utilized it.

keep in mind all these players that created and mastered hyper, my group included, were at the pinnacle of the game before hyper existed. we know what it takes to win games, and hyper just added another dimension to it.

and boy i wish hyper summoner was overpowered. you'd know if you had the experience with strong opponents. summoner is far too easy to shut down to ever be considered OP.

you've got a serious grudge against something you've never really seen. it took time for everyone to adjust. again you need to really play with it and see what it can do for you and the game to form an opinion with any meaning.

we can play talking heads all day, but words are wind. i think everybody knows how you feel about the subject. there are other threads to give free bumps to, i think.
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-06-22 07:41:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyways~

FFXI Ballista バリスタ Lakshmi SAM POV ((FULL)) Jugner! 06/21/2012
 Shiva.Tahngarthor
By Shiva.Tahngarthor 2012-06-22 07:47:30
Link | Quote | Reply

yes, unedited is better, I can always listen to some music if I want it.
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-06-22 08:11:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Code
yes, unedited is better, I can always listen to some music if I want it.

10-4 thanks for the feedback!
 Lakshmi.Stfutaru
user: kivyin
By Lakshmi.Stfutaru 2012-06-22 08:21:13
Link | Quote | Reply

SMN is the most depressing job to play on even with hyper if your opposing team has sleep/lullaby...Q_Q and Blood Pacts are easy to run away from if you know you're targeted.

Also, PUP POV.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-06-22 08:36:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Following is the official match listing for 3 days in advance. If you're unable to participate on the test server, I hope this schedule helps de-mystify match times.

22/06/2012 > 25/06/2012

---60Cap---
Jugner Forest 22/06/2012
Entry: 4:09PM PST Match: 4:38PM PST
Pashow Marshlands 22/06/2012
Entry: 6:04PM PST Match: 6:33PM PST
Meriphataud Mountains 22/06/2012
Entry: 8:00PM PST Match: 8:28PM PST
Jugner Forest 23/06/2012
Entry: 8:57PM PST Match: 9:26PM PST
Pashow Marshlands 23/06/2012
Entry: 10:52PM PST Match: 11:21PM PST
Meriphataud Mountains 24/06/2012
Entry: 12:48AM PST Match: 01:16AM PST
Jugner Forest 25/06/2012
Entry: 01:45AM PST Match: 02:14AM PST
Pashow Marshlands 25/06/2012
Entry: 03:40AM PST Match: 04:09AM PST
Meriphataud Mountains 25/06/2012
Entry: 05:36AM PST Match: 06:04AM PST

---99CAP---
Jugner Forest 22/06/2012
Entry: 9:55PM PST Match: 10:24PM PST
Pashow Marshlands: 23/06/2012
Entry: 11:50PM PST Match: 12:19AM PST
Meriphataud Mountains: 23/06/2012
Entry: 01:45AM PST Match: 02:14AM PST
Jugner Forest 24/06/2012
Entry: 02:43AM PST Match: 03:12AM PST
Pashow Marshlands 24/06/2012
Entry 04:38AM PST Match: 05:07AM PST
Meriphataud Mountains 24/06/2012
Entry: 06:33AM PST Match: 07:02AM PST
Jugner Forest 25/06/2012
Entry: 07:31AM PST Match: 08:00AM PST
Pashow Marshlands 25/06/2012
Entry: 09:26AM PST Match: 09:55AM PST
Meriphataud Mountains 25/06/2012
Entry: 11:21AM PST Match: 11:50AM PST

Please do not change job mid match -or- sign-up before 18:00 to avoid unbalanced job sorting by the herald, thanks!

Please respond to this thread if possible to acknowledge your participation(or PM me) - otherwise, show up at the times listed and we'll go from there. I won't personally be able to attend every match, however the stage is set, and everyone needs to do their part~

This is the program I use regarding the official match schedule.
 Shiva.Tahngarthor
By Shiva.Tahngarthor 2012-06-22 12:20:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Stfutaru said: »
SMN is the most depressing job to play on even with hyper if your opposing team has sleep/lullaby...Q_Q and Blood Pacts are easy to run away from if you know you're targeted.

Also, PUP POV.
Diabolos is how you get around the sleep problem; the new problem you have with this is diabolos sucks. He does have nether blast which ignores shadows, but at 99 it's even more terrible than it was at 75.
By nyheen 2012-06-22 12:27:35
Link | Quote | Reply

ok how did i miss something like this http://www.tarus.info/tarucup2012.html had no idea there was a official tarutaru tournament >.>
[+]
 Lakshmi.Stfutaru
By Lakshmi.Stfutaru 2012-06-22 12:56:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Stfutaru said: »

Also, PUP POV.
Diabolos is how you get around the sleep problem; the new problem you have with this is diabolos sucks. He does have nether blast which ignores shadows, but at 99 it's even more terrible than it was at 75.

I was mostly talking about 60CAP, but uncapped SMN is pretty OP, the merit BPs deal about 900 damage and 2hr-wise, a well-timed and sneaky Alexander is much better than Odin. Odin's animation is so slow, most people can just run away and you're left with a 1min recast on Odin again. Diabolos is not even worth mentioning, sure, he can resist sleep, but not Break which is the new annoyance; not even Titan or Garuda can resist Break. Also, Pavor Nocturnus is random, and from the many times I've used it, all it did was Dispel...

In 60CAP, Tier 4 nukes deal around 350-400 damage. It's not too shabby, but the major downfall is the limited range. Buffs are annoying and expensive with everyone running around. The 2hr is great if you can land it:
 Shiva.Tahngarthor
By Shiva.Tahngarthor 2012-06-22 14:45:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Alexander is much better than Odin. Odin's animation is so slow,
Eh, Odin is great if you can get someone slept (and get your team to not wake the person up). It's basically a guaranteed instant kill if the target is the only person in range. Alexander is obviously more effective in a teamfight though, especially if you're an lolmeleeSMN (and if you are, shattersoul is pretty darn good)

Quote:
Also, Pavor Nocturnus is random, and from the many times I've used it, all it did was Dispel...
I've actually had an oddly good success rate with pavor nocturnus in PvE (it better work a decent rate given that 300+ MP is a lot to pay for a single target dispel) but in PvP i've yet to see it work.

In 99 cap your primary attack is merit BPs / lunar bay / night terror if target is asleep; predator claws is strong but can be stopped by shadows. Rush can overpower shadows but Rush is garbage. Merit BPs on the other hand are reasonably strong and bypass+wipe shadows. if you're

In uncapped, I actually really like PUP; a well played PUP can be pretty tough to go against alone (but dies more easily than other DDs in a team fight)
 Lakshmi.Stfutaru
By Lakshmi.Stfutaru 2012-06-22 15:27:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, since the update a while back, Odin tends to miss a lot now. And now it's a conal AOE.
I think Pavor Nocturnus is more likely to land Death if the target has minimal buffs.

Night Terror and Lunar Bay are still not as damaging as a 5/5 merit BP even if the target is slept for Night Terror. Also, Predator Claws is pretty close ranged and still not as strong.

With Role Reversal, PUP is sick for 1v1. In team matches, PUP is pretty versatile. I like to stack evasion, defense and -PDT myself.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2012-06-22 15:31:26
Link | Quote | Reply

You'd think this when fighting against your friends in ballista

[+]
 Shiva.Tahngarthor
By Shiva.Tahngarthor 2012-06-22 15:59:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Actually, since the update a while back, Odin tends to miss a lot now. And now it's a conal AOE.
The player version has always been a conal AoE, and it rarely misses as long as you only have a single target in the effect radius. (Rarely != never, and up until a few weeks ago when my sub lapsed, I'd never personally had it miss and only seen it miss by someone else once in the single target situation)
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-06-22 16:09:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zuidar said: »
You'd think this when fighting against your friends in ballista

lol :D
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2012-06-23 23:48:38
Link | Quote | Reply

So the news from VanaFest basically comfirm that they've created a new type of PvP and haven't forgotten that players like to let off some steam now and then. Player Monster as it's called for now looks like it's going to take alot of the suggestions people put out over the years and possibly shine in it's own right, but I think SE must be satisfied with Ballista as it currently stands?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Stfutaru
By Lakshmi.Stfutaru 2012-06-24 11:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Chilzen said: »
So the news from VanaFest basically comfirm that they've created a new type of PvP and haven't forgotten that players like to let off some steam now and then. Player Monster as it's called for now looks like it's going to take alot of the suggestions people put out over the years and possibly shine in it's own right, but I think SE must be satisfied with Ballista as it currently stands?

I do believe that they are satisfied with how Ballista stands right now, but it seems that they understand that there seems to be a lack of overall interest from the general player base. I think this new PvP will spark interest in PvP as a whole, though their proposed system seems to be more 1v1 than team battles which Ballista revolves around...
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8